Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

HiCat

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by HiCat »

247 still has Kansas with a slight edge...why/ how is that possible??
Guess I'm not connecting the dots.

edit
Rawle factor?

But with the growing belief that five-star guard Rawle Alkins will end up at Arizona, prognosticators are switching their Jackson picks from Arizona to Kansas.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Kansas-takes- ... n-43645002" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sorry if asked already, but does RA's commitment impact JJ at all?

I gotta think it can only help us, but who knows?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote:Sorry if asked already, but does RA's commitment impact JJ at all?

Pundits were all saying yesterday no relationship.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Sorry if asked already, but does RA's commitment impact JJ at all?

Pundits were all saying yesterday no relationship.
Thanks, Merk.

Really hope JJ dons an AZ hat soon.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Shes a beautiful young lady. Wouldn't blame him staying for that. But there's plenty of other fish in the sea and a significant number of them swim out in Arizona.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

HiCat wrote:247 still has Kansas with a slight edge...why/ how is that possible??

edit
Rawle factor?

But with the growing belief that five-star guard Rawle Alkins will end up at Arizona, prognosticators are switching their Jackson picks from Arizona to Kansas.

Crystal ball is worthless until hours before the decision is announced. Nobody I respect or trust is picking Kansas here. It's AZ or MSU or China.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Who does Kansas have back next year? Is their roster next season (sans JJ) as formidable as ours?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I heard Perry Ellis is leaving, but I wouldnt be surprised if he gets hair plugs, shaves and figures out a way to stay for his 32nd season. Diello will bounce, guessing Seldon does too. Still going to be a talented team and their backcourt is going to be nice with Mason and Graham. Without Jackson going to any team, they arent going to be better than us or Michigan State.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Kansas fans think they're only losing Ellis. So far they bring in two four star kids and are finalists for Ferguson and Jackson. But If they miss on Jackson and Ferguson it's hard to see them improve next year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Kansas is going to get at least one of the big fish still out there. They always do.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
HiCat wrote:247 still has Kansas with a slight edge...why/ how is that possible??

edit
Rawle factor?

Crystal ball is worthless until hours before the decision is announced. Nobody I respect or trust is picking Kansas here. It's AZ or MSU or China.

Yeah, I don't see how Kansas would be JJ's choice just because RA committed to Arizona. Others noted this already. Seems like it's yet
another reason to pick Sean Miller/ Arizona.
Bottom line? MSU or AZ.

Not sure if you're kidding, but China? ..nah.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

With all the one-n-done, top-10 talents that have ridden the pine for extended periods at Kansas the last two years, I'm not sure why another would go there until Self proves capable of maxing out such a talent.

Sure, Wiggins/Embiid, blah, blah, blah... Alexander, Oubre, Diallo...

MSU or Arizona.

Of them, only was has had multiple 5-star wings drafted lottery after just one season of college.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Didn't his mom say China isn't an option? That she wants her son to have at least one year of college?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:Didn't his mom say China isn't an option? That she wants her son to have at least one year of college?
That's what I thought too.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:Didn't his mom say China isn't an option? That she wants her son to have at least one year of college?
Yes, but there are those in the scouting world that say that his mom in particular is the last person we should listen to about his recruitment.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

JMarkJohns wrote:With all the one-n-done, top-10 talents that have ridden the pine for extended periods at Kansas the last two years, I'm not sure why another would go there until Self proves capable of maxing out such a talent.

MSU or Arizona.

Of them, only was has had multiple 5-star wings drafted lottery after just one season of college.
+ eligibility curse in lawrence
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

She wouldn't be the first person to ever lie to the media.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

The race is between MSU and Arizona. There is no benefit (my view only) of him going to Kansas. I wonder about his friendship ties at MSU though, are they strong enough to push him there? Hope not.

Arizona the right choice kid.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

JMarkJohns wrote:With all the one-n-done, top-10 talents that have ridden the pine for extended periods at Kansas the last two years, I'm not sure why another would go there until Self proves capable of maxing out such a talent.

MSU or Arizona.

Yep. I just looked, ANY POSITION, Zach Randolph is the only 1 and done currently playing in the NBA (19th pick). Gary Harris (2 years)(19th), Alan Anderson (4)(undrafted), Appling (4)(undrafted), Shannon Brown (3)(25th), Dawson (4)(56th), Draymond (4) (35th), Adrian Payne (4)(15th). Not a single lottery pick. Now granted, Randolph (5th) and Shannon Brown (3rd) were the only guys who were top 5 recruits in their class, but Harris ranked 11th in his class, Anderson 22nd, Dawson 23rd, Payne 26th, Appling 27th, and Draymond 36th. Only one of those guys, Payne, was drafted in a better position than their class ranking and he stayed the full four years. Credit to Denzel Valentine though, he ranked roughly 100th in his class and he will be a first round pick this year, again though, stayed all four years.

I'm sure JJ is who he is, and he's still going to be a lotto pick, probably still top 5 no matter where he goes. But Miller has the track record of developing long term (Solomon Hill, TJ) and short term (Rondae, AG, Stanley, D Will). Aaron Gordon went where he was supposed to go. Stanley went where he was supposed to go. I'm not sure Rondae was projected as a 1st rounder after only two seasons when he first stepped on campus. Solomon Hill went in the first round and im not sure I ever saw him in the first round in mocks during his time at Arizona. Almost everyone doubted TJ would play in the NBA at any point in his career at Arizona. And Derrick Williams went from a 3/4 star guy to the number 2 pick in the draft. It's clear to me, if I am an NBA prospect, where I would want to go.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce wrote:Almost everyone doubted TJ would play in the NBA at any point in his career at Arizona.
Oh yes, I remember quite well the Cats were destined for at least a Final Four since they had 4 NBA players and TJ.

Who would have thought that TJ is in the league leaders for rookies while Brandon Ashley is playing in Germany?

Maybe Lute. He thought TJ was the best player on the team when redshirting.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL, yea nobody thought that. I held Ashley in a lower regard than just about anyone from his sophomore season on (though when he had his "spurts/flashes" I would waver a bit), but if you asked me that question, without hesitation I would have told you Ashley was the one surprising people in the NBA and TJ was the one overseas. It wasn't until halfway through TJ's senior year when I saw the light. A few others here/old boards had seen it for awhile, though it was far from a popular opinion. Just shows how important heart and motor are.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sean Miller saw it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

KA
AT
JJ
LM/RS
DR

Can you even imagine?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:KA
AT
JJ
LM/RS
DR

Can you even imagine?
We need to recruit one guy and return one guy. It's not that crazy. I don't think either is a sure thing, but we have a decent shot at both.

Look, our second unit on that team is as good as most Pac starters.

KS/PJC
RA
JS
RS
CC

3 five stars off the bench.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
We need to recruit one guy and return one guy. It's not that crazy. I don't think either is a sure thing, but we have a decent shot at both.

KS/PJC
RA
JS
RS
CC

It's insane. Like, Kentucky-style insane. Could be the most hyped AZ team ever.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

perfect fit
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

KS/PJC
RA
JS
RS
CC

It's insane. Like, Kentucky-style insane. Could be the most hyped AZ team ever.

F the Pac 12. No COY, no DPY, no POY. you think you hate us now, just wait. #18-0in17
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

97cats wrote:perfect fit
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

you're such a jerk.

i love you more and more every day
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

perfect fit ≠ right where we want to be
az91

Post by az91 »

rgdeuce wrote:LOL, yea nobody thought that. I held Ashley in a lower regard than just about anyone from his sophomore season on (though when he had his "spurts/flashes" I would waver a bit), but if you asked me that question, without hesitation I would have told you Ashley was the one surprising people in the NBA and TJ was the one overseas. It wasn't until halfway through TJ's senior year when I saw the light. A few others here/old boards had seen it for awhile, though it was far from a popular opinion. Just shows how important heart and motor are.
I still wonder if Ashley fully recovered from the foot injury. I seem to remember hearing at the time it was an unusual injury that was difficult to treat.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Beachcat97 wrote:
So you think 97 just wants to make sure that we know that JJ is still a perfect fit, because we likely all forgot. Got it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
So you think 97 just wants to make sure that we know that JJ is still a perfect fit, because we likely all forgot. Got it.
Actually, that's pretty spot on.

I don't think anything's changed on the JJ recruitment front. Three teams in the mix.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

You aren't getting JJ or Ferguson. You're done on the perimeter. JJ or Ferguson will end up in Kansas. We'll also likely land Allen or Maker for the post. And we'll be better than Arizona again next year, just like this year. JJ made Alkins look like a fool in NY over the summer.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:You aren't getting JJ or Ferguson. You're done on the perimeter. JJ or Ferguson will end up in Kansas. We'll also likely land Allen or Maker for the post. And we'll be better than Arizona again next year, just like this year. JJ made Alkins look like a fool in NY over the summer.
Quoted for posterity. Thank you, enfuego. You do so much for us but we never do enough for you.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:You aren't getting JJ or Ferguson. You're done on the perimeter. JJ or Ferguson will end up in Kansas. We'll also likely land Allen or Maker for the post. And we'll be better than Arizona again next year, just like this year. JJ made Alkins look like a fool in NY over the summer.
If Maker goes to KU, which big man in that 3 year stretch will have destroyed his NBA draft stock the most by going to Lawrence? Alexander, Diallo or Maker? Alexander's set a strong pace, but Diallo is closing fast.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
If Maker goes to KU, which big man in that 3 year stretch will have destroyed his NBA draft stock the most by going to Lawrence? Alexander, Diallo or Maker? Alexander's set a strong pace, but Diallo is closing fast.

Lol. My money is still on Cliff.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hobbes wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
That's fair. It is really hard to go from top ten to undrafted in less than a single year.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Hobbes wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I'll see your Cliff and raise you a Tarczewski.

Cliff had to leave and should of stayed (was not an option). Diallo should stay, but will leave.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Cliff had to leave and should of stayed (was not an option). Diallo should stay, but will leave.
So you compare a 4 year starter wbo has pro prospects to two zero year starters, one of whom went undrafted and the other is currently praying the NBA overlooks the fact he averages 7 MPG and 2.9 ppg and drafts him anyways?

No wonder you guys lose in the round of 32 so much.

Edit: maybe it's just Self's sense of the poetic circle of life. Enter KU a McDonald's AA. Leave KU and work at McDonald's in a year or two.

Edit 2: Enfiego, there's a thin line between fries and shakes. https://youtu.be/cJzvJKWF8Zs" target="_blank
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

So you compare a 4 year starter wbo has pro prospects to two zero year starters, one of whom went undrafted and the other is currently praying the NBA overlooks the fact he averages 7 MPG and 2.9 ppg and drafts him anyways?

No wonder you guys lose in the round of 32 so much.
Ouch! That's going to leave a mark.
az91

Post by az91 »

If you don't get any of them, will you promise to go away for at least a year?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

az91 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

az91 wrote:
No, even though he's a troll often, there are worse ones out there.......make a bet where he has to put something like 'Bear Down Arizona!' In his signature for a year......that would make him wince each time he posts here!

P.S. Or something about how great Zeus really is and sorry for bagging on him so much.....;-)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

az91 wrote: If you don't get any of them, will you promise to go away for at least a year?
Don't bother. He never puts his money, his sig, or his presence where his mouth is. But the great thing is he is the George Costanza of the board-every instinct he has, the opposite is right.

His post pretty much guarantees we are getting JJ AND TF.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Hey hey hey now let's be nice....and not leave Carlton Bragg out of the conversation.
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

Again? AGAIN??? You haven't been past the sweet 16 since 2012. We have been to 2 straight elite 8's. Meanwhile you lost two years in a row in the 2nd round. Congrats on winning an overrated Big 8 again this year. Or is it Big 12 with 10 teams now. I can't keep track anymore because the Midwest college scene is pretty irrelevant.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

You dont even need your conscience to make yourself look like a fool... Kansas does it for you.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

KU better hope you're right, because at this point in time your recruiting class is Lightfoot and Azubuike. Who? Exactly.

Maker's going to ASU.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Hey hey hey now let's be nice....and not leave Carlton Bragg out of the conversation.
True story, I had to check KU's roster because I knew Diallo's stats were terrible, but I didn't know exactly how bad. When I did, I noticed Bragg, and cut him from the list of disappointments only due to space and length concerns.