Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catinfl

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by catinfl »

enfuego wrote:I really get a laugh watching you all salivate over a future Jayhawk.

well there we have it folks, the ol' enfuego kiss of death. It's MSU or AZ now.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
LBdCactus wrote:Making everyone else out there look like children. Well, except that Azubuike guy.
Really impressed with F. Jackson and Lonzo Ball.
Frank Jackson and Ball are about as different as you can get, but they will both be good. FJack is compact and an explosive strong athlete who I see as a scorer first. Ball is lanky and a distributor.

Josh is the best NBA prospect who played last night. Giles might eclipse him when healthy, but I'd think they're 1-2. Tatum is the player I don't really get all the love for. He can play, but I just don't see him on the JJ or Giles level as cream of the crop.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

With JJ and TF:

KA/KS
RA/TF
JJ
LM/RS
DR/CC

The above lineup is beyond superlative. This group could take us on a ride unlike anything we've seen before at AZ.

With only TF:

KA/KS
TF/RA
RS
LM
DR/CC

Still, a very deep and versatile lineup, probably better than last season's team.

With neither:

KA/KS
RA
RS
LM
DR/CC

We lose depth, lineup versatility, and star power, but it's still a good enough unit to reach the tourney.

All of the above assumes AT isn't returning.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I like Frank Jackson, wish he wasnt going to Duke. He reminds me of Deron Williams, though I think he will be a better shooter than him. Im sure I mentioned hes from the same HS my sisters went to, so im hoping Duke gets bounced early and he leaves after one year so I can like him in the league
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Starting to feel less positive about JJ, presser in Detroit? Crap. But really, we are so absolutely thin at guards Ferguson would be a HUGE haul for us. Him and Kobi give us instant backcourt excitement and ability, about 10000000x better than Allen/PJC. JJ would of course put us over the top, if Ferguson comes, but now just hoping we get at least Ferguson because we REALLY need him.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Come on now. Hes from Michigan and wants to be around friends and family when he announces. Hes not finding a spot in Kansas or Arizona to announce he is going to one of those schools
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Insert Arcadia Tavern joke here ___________
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

When is he announcing?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The 9th after the Nike Hoops Summit.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

In the bag Chi. That's my bday
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:In the bag Chi. That's my bday
Here's hoping you get a real nice gift!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Well the actual Nike Hoop Summit ends Saturday 4/9 but it's in Portland. He could travel back to and arrive in Detroit Sunday so he might do it then (unlikely). JJ said he'll announce after the Hoop Summit, so highly likely it'll be from April 11-15.

Early signing day starts April 13th
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

At this point I'm rooting for China. Who's with me?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Ooopss 247 numbers are off.

The correct no. is actually 69% Arizona.. :D
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Arizona and MSU have better incoming classes than Kansas, obviously, but if Kansas gets Jackson and he eventually clears eligibility requirements instead of going to China, I'd put Kansas's chances of getting to the Final Four as high as anyone because he's that kind of player, IMO. Also, if Jackson goes to Kansas, it doesn't help the perception that Nike needs to catch up where it's fallen behind Adidas.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

To your point LH, the fact that he's doing Nike events gives me hope.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

He's not doing Jordan Brand Classic, which he never accepted when the rosters were announced months ago.

On the crystal ball, worth nothing than even a good expert like Jerry Meyer isn't that confident with his pick.
It's right a lot however, for example Ivan Rabb had about 76% to Cal before a lot of people jumped in late to push into 86% -- he did go to Cal.

But I'm real hopeful this recruitment is like the Andrew Wiggins recruitment, he was at 69% to FSU, 19% UK, 12% KU with FSU as the favorite. IIRC Evan Daniels said no one knew not even his parents or KU. Bill Self even was shocked
Telep suspected that Wiggins has known where he wants to play for “a week or so at least” but hasn’t shared the decision with anyone outside of a tight inner circle.

“Andrew has been very private and very close to the vest,” Telep said Monday morning. “I don't think right now he's told any of the schools.”
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/andre ... ostmortem/" target="_blank
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

The other thing I wonder about is that JJ seems to have better friends at MSU and AZ than at KU, for what it's worth. Seems like he's tight with Kobi, and we all know about his ties to MSU. He's going to play one year of college hoops. Wouldn't he prefer to be with his bros?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:The other thing I wonder about is that JJ seems to have better friends at MSU and AZ than at KU, for what it's worth. Seems like he's tight with Kobi, and we all know about his ties to MSU. He's going to play one year of college hoops. Wouldn't he prefer to be with his bros?
Who said it was his decision?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:The other thing I wonder about is that JJ seems to have better friends at MSU and AZ than at KU, for what it's worth. Seems like he's tight with Kobi, and we all know about his ties to MSU. He's going to play one year of college hoops. Wouldn't he prefer to be with his bros?
Not sure I buy this. He's gonna go where he wants to.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
So probably a good indication that he doesn't like his bros.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
If you say so. You can probably count on one hand (if not one finger) the total amount of recruitments of an elite player where the decision was made solely by the player and not his circle, but hey you obviously know better than anybody else.
WildcatRx

Post by WildcatRx »

New interview out, things might be looking better for us!!

http://tinyurl.com/JoshJacksonArizona" target="_blank
"I do not like Miller"-- Machina
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Kansas, fait accompli
68% on the CB
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Kansas, fait accompli
68% on the CB
az91

Post by az91 »

NYCat wrote:Kansas, fait accompli
68% on the CB
Interesting, well, if turns out to be true, it is not the end of the world (not like ASU with Maker). If we end up getting Ferguson, losing JJ will not sting as much.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Frybry02 wrote:I will be ecstatic if we also add Ferguson and Yurtseven.

I will be shocked if JJ ends up a wildcat.
With trier staying, not sure if either Jackson or Ferguson come.

Yurtseven and front court depth should be the priority.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Frybry02 wrote:

I'm not singling this post out, but I don't really get the vague sentiment that recruits are really gonna be surprised Trier made a decision to stay. At no point in the process were there public rumblings he would leave beyond this board. The closest was the no comment after we lost in the tourney.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Frybry02 wrote:

The staff has been working on keeping Trier here. I doubt Jackson or Ferguson were in the dark about that fact.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

I'm not singling this post out, but I don't really get the vague sentiment that recruits are really gonna be surprised Trier made a decision to stay. At no point in the process were there public rumblings he would leave beyond this board. The closest was the no comment after we lost in the tourney.
You are right about the trier decision. Your reasoning could also be the explanation why neither have committed to play at Arizona as of today.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

dunno 'bout ferg, but i'm not sure zo's decision had any effect on josh's decision. PT is the last thing JJ is worried about, regardless of where he ends up. besides, i thought the running assumption was that he made his decision over a week ago and is just finding the right place and time to announce. let's keep the red carpet unfurled a bit longer.

and ferg, we still need an outside threat to replace york -- or better, be the second coming of salim. come on down, my man.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sucks if true. Kansas gets these guys all the time. We rarely get a true game changer.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Gordon, RHJ, Stanley were true game-changers. Miller gets his share.

I have no inside info but I have followed this recruitment from afar and like Goodman says, nothing seems concrete. The crystal ball thing is such a joke. Wish it would die already.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Sorry but JJ does not on any way shape or form seem like a Kansas guy. At all. He isn't stupid enough to fuck a married woman and he actually likes to win important games. I can see him going to MSU but he just seems to me to be too intelligent and focused to go to Kansas with Billy's Kids.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

splitsecond wrote:Sorry but JJ does not on any way shape or form seem like a Kansas guy. At all. He isn't stupid enough to fuck a married woman and he actually likes to win important games. I can see him going to MSU but he just seems to me to be too intelligent and focused to go to Kansas with Billy's Kids.
You are letting enfuego get to you and saying stupid crap. JUst do what I do when an idiot says something. Ignore and move on. Dont let him get you to overstate things.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

splitsecond wrote:Sorry but JJ does not on any way shape or form seem like a Kansas guy. At all. He isn't stupid enough to fuck a married woman and he actually likes to win important games. I can see him going to MSU but he just seems to me to be too intelligent and focused to go to Kansas with Billy's Kids.
I actually think Jackson is a perfect fit for Kansas. Much like Andrew Wiggins was.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:
You are letting enfuego get to you and saying stupid crap. JUst do what I do when an idiot says something. Ignore and move on. Dont let him get you to overstate things.
It's so fun to remind him of all KU's highly touted disasters, though. Plus their tourney fails. Plus the chaps incident.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So is it time to let "JJ to AZ" settle into the "what could've been" folder? Or are the KU rumors exaggerated?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:So is it time to let "JJ to AZ" settle into the "what could've been" folder? Or are the KU rumors exaggerated?
It's time to chill and realize we will know within two weeks exactly where we are at with JJ and TF.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:So is it time to let "JJ to AZ" settle into the "what could've been" folder? Or are the KU rumors exaggerated?
It's time to chill and realize we will know within two weeks exactly where we are at with JJ and TF.
Unless 97 wants to help us out with a little hint.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
What's happening within the next 2 weeks?

NLI signing dates are 4/13/16 - 5/18/16, and even then neither one has to sign it. You can just wait until school starts and sign athletic scholarship papers. Don't think any one of the 3 is going to pull their offer if they don't commit right away. UA has room, MSU does not though, or at least didn't.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

billk78 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Unless 97 wants to help us out with a little hint.
I'll give you a hint: Don't expect JJ to commit to Arizona . . . then either have that feeling confirmed or be incredibly and happily surprised.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
What's happening within the next 2 weeks?

NLI signing dates are 4/13/16 - 5/18/16, and even then neither one has to sign it. You can just wait until school starts and sign athletic scholarship papers. Don't think any one of the 3 is going to pull their offer if they don't commit right away. UA has room, MSU does not though, or at least didn't.
Both JJ and TF have set "dates" that are 4/9 and 4/13 as tentative declaration dates.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Jackson said after the Nike Hoop Summit (Sat. 4/9), he'll likely travel home from Portland Sunday. Since he's going to announce in Detroit, its likely he announces the week of April 11-15.

Ferguson said he'd like to announce by the 13th, but if his mom (or himself decided) told him to do it any day before then he'd do it. Wanted to take offical visits (he's already taken unofficials to Baylor & KU before) before then, but those are looking unlikely. (Scout/rivals interviews). He could decide today or in a week or two. Plus, I think he's trying to take his time this time around, unlike the last time where he rushed his decision.

So no dates set in stone.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

Not a matter of surprise. It's reasonable conjecture in this day and age. Don't need to read it anywhere or wait for it to turn into a public rumbling.

If staying were never a question, he wouldn't have been asked the question. He wasn't asked by somebody on this board. So, obviously, the wondering extended beyond here.

Flip it around. No recruits were wondering? Not even a little bit? We know this how?
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Definitely time to close the garage door and start the engine.

Are these actual questions (like someone knows but won't tell you?) or are you just whining?
Right where I want to be.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:

Are these actual questions (like someone knows but won't tell you?) or are you just whining?
The truth is out there . . . and it will be found in the midst of this nerd orgy we call a message board.

Seriously, if I knew the answers to all of BC's questions I'd run my own premium board and be charging $15 a month to dole out the answers.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:

The truth is out there . . . and it will be found in the midst of this nerd orgy we call a message board.

Seriously, if I knew the answers to all of BC's questions I'd run my own premium board and be charging $15 a month to dole out the answers.
We have folders? Nobody gave me folders.

Here's the answer to those questions. Call me now!

https://youtu.be/fQ-8id3YmFg" target="_blank