ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: ASU blows

Post by ASUHATER! »

Main Event wrote:
So asu is losing Atwood, Blakes, Goodman and Jacobsen. Their # 2, 4, 5 7 scorers and their #1,3, 4, 5 Rebounder's. They better hope they get Maker(with him they arguably will have a top 15-20 recruiting class) and that Tra Holder goes crazy next year. I don't see how they are more than a mid level NIT team.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Thon Maker needs to look out for himself here. Would be an absolute boneheaded move, no matter how close his ties are with homeboy there.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Those ASSU clowns are such tools and get what they deserve....their Men's Bball thread is mostly attack threads on us and threads on Women's Bball (a joke of a sport IMHO).....so little actual discussion on their own team......smh
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Maker isn't going to ASU. Their chances of landing him were best back in November.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sendek is a decent coach. They may never do better than him.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Zero

Post by Zero »

Lost out on Markus Howard. Headed to Marquette.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I like that Boivin conveniently dismisses their respective histories. As if the population of their cities has more importance than the perception and historical status of the programs. No recruit ever said, "I don't want to go there because that city has too many residents." But many have said, "Look at all those banners and trophies..."

Stupid column is stupid. Boivin almost tore her rotator cuff reaching for that one.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
I like that Boivin conveniently dismisses their respective histories. As if the population of their cities has more importance than the perception and historical status of the programs. No recruit ever said, "I don't want to go there because that city has too many residents." But many have said, "Look at all those banners and trophies..."

Stupid column is stupid. Boivin almost tore her rotator cuff reaching for that one.
Boivin today asked UNC's Justin Jackson about his Arizona recruitment in the National championship presser for some reason. The guy is a sophomore in college now, he's not playing in the state of Arizona, nor is he playing against Arizona, yet she thought it'd be good to ask a guy who Arizona moderately recruited about his Arizona recruitment a day before he plays for the national title? Oooook??
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

And Maker's going pro. Bad month for ASU.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well there went the asu turnaround. All they got out of it was two four stars this year and flirted with thon maker

az91

Post by az91 »

Merkin wrote:
Hurley's decision to take the ASU job is turning out to be a huge mistake.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

az91 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Hurley's decision to take the ASU job is turning out to be a huge mistake.

He should've stayed at Buffalo, who were still a good team this year, and waited it out until 2017-2019 and gotten the Duke or Syracuse or some other top 20 job

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Isn't being ASU's top recruiter like being the lead trash sorter down at the city dump? Sure you may find some poor lady's jeweled bracelet, but you had to wade through a river of shit to find it and mostly you come up with rotten food and poopy diapers.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Chicat wrote:Isn't being ASU's top recruiter like being the lead trash sorter down at the city dump? Sure you may find some poor lady's jeweled bracelet, but you had to wade through a river of shit to find it and mostly you come up with rotten food and poopy diapers.
I think you're over-selling the job a bit ;-)
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Apparently Merritt was buds with Thon Maker's 'handler'. Likely the only reason Hurley hired him was to secure Maker. Coincidence the day after Maker declares Hurley fires hit 'top recruiter'?
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:Isn't being ASU's top recruiter like being the lead trash sorter down at the city dump? Sure you may find some poor lady's jeweled bracelet, but you had to wade through a river of shit to find it and mostly you come up with rotten food and poopy diapers.
Yeah, I'm guessing Shay Binion could step in and make as much of a recruiting impact.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Zero wrote:Lost out on Markus Howard. Headed to Marquette.
Is Howard part of next year's signing class? The 2017? Not a big loss for ASU given the bigger need for more immediate help. With that said, the Marquette coach is recruiting well these past few years.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

They need a good recruiter...to recruit a new coach who is a good recruiter.

They should bring in Anthony Weiner. Sleazy enough, not doing much at the moment, good with Twitter and used to being told no by 18-19 year olds.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
Zero wrote:Lost out on Markus Howard. Headed to Marquette.
Is Howard part of next year's signing class? The 2017? Not a big loss for ASU given the bigger need for more immediate help. With that said, the Marquette coach is recruiting well these past few years.
He was willing to reclassify to 2016 for Marquette.
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
I thought this was one of those "tried to tip it to himself but tipped it into the basket" things, but nope. He straight up shot a layup at the wrong basket like an ASSU-educated moron. Bravo fucknuts.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Worse than that. The game went to 2 OT's and his team lost the game. And the playoff series. Yay ASU!
az91

Post by az91 »

Main Event wrote:
Goodman is transferring to La Salle.
az91

Post by az91 »

They have their first Top 25 recruiting class since 2007: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /84807768/
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I was speaking to a prof friend of min at the U. And she said that Crow is getting heat to retain students. So he's proposing lowering academic probation to a 1.6 GPA to the ABOR.

So one could graduate from ASSU with a GPA less than 2.0. This would only increase the ASSU to fast food pipeline for graduates. It would cheapen an already cheap degree.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

az91 wrote:They have their first Top 25 recruiting class since 2007: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /84807768/
Haller's good at contradicting himself.
Hurley was familiar with White. He had seen the 6-foot-9, 220-pound forward during last summer's AAU circuit. He liked how White was a true post player, not someone who floated to the perimeter for long-range jump shots. White had post moves. A motor. Great hands.

Just what ASU needed.
Vitaliy Shibel is the fourth member of ASU's class. A three-star prospect from Lee Academy in Maine, Shibel plans to play for the Ukrainian national team this summer. The 6-9 stretch forward will join the ASU program in August.

"He’s very skilled,'' Hurley said. "He can really shoot and I like my four man to be able to do that. He needs to get stronger and continue to develop, but we’re excited about him, also."
Uhh... Which is it, coach?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

His way of recruiting. Gather random pieces, and watch them not fit.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Savon Goodman lasted less than two weeks at LaSalle before withdrawing from classes and quitting the team as a grad transfer.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

English Lit. is HARD
az91

Post by az91 »

Daniel Mading is parting ways with ASU.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

ASU freshman forward Romello White ineligible for this season
Arizona State basketball this season will be without freshman forward Romello White, who did not meet NCAA academic requirements and will sit out as an academic redshirt. White will maintain four years of eligibility.

A 6-foot-8, 220-pound forward from Suwanee, Ga., White was a late addition to coach Bobby Hurley’s 2016 Top 25 recruiting class. A four-star and ESPN Top 100 prospect, White was expected to contribute immediately, giving the Sun Devils much-needed post help.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /91281604/" target="_blank

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

so they lost like 3 of their 4-5 best players and then lost 1 of their 3 impact freshmen coming in. hard to see asu being any better than last year.

az91

Post by az91 »

Dumpster fire!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Mill Madness Baby!!

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

What were there, like 13 non-employees at that event?
prh

Post by prh »

Geez I'd be so embarrassed for that I'd go back to a regular scrimmage. Even for those "amazing" dunks, the other players just stood there like nothing happened. Look at the highlights of our dunk contest, and it actually looks like an event, with all the guys having genuine fun.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Cute.

I didn't know high school BB started this soon.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I bet most asu fans and students were wondering why there was some basketball thing blocking off Mill and getting in their way. Probably had no idea it was the Asu team.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LMAO. My old junior college had a dunk contest with more impressive dunks. I'm not exaggerating either.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wait, did they have there public scrimmage/meet the team event outside?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Zero

Post by Zero »

Yes
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Directional Midwestern teams are tough.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

To be fair N Iowa is a good team but a Pac team that talks a lot of crap locally shouldnt be blown out. Tempe Blowhard U was actually favored by 3.5
"We're going there to win a championship," Hurley said
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /93976862/" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Losing to Davidson?

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Way to represent gerbils