Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Kansas

Post by Merkin »

Jason Gardner was the best I ever saw running the baseline on the 1-3-1.

Shakur was the worst. I think Lute eventually gave up running it when he was out there.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Did Self throw in his assless chaps?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

wyo-cat wrote:Did Self throw in his assless chaps?
Damn you....it had taken me so long to get that pic out of my mind! Lol....
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wooha

Post by wooha »

Top-10 prospect Carte'Are Gordon commits to Saint Louis

Carte'Are Gordon, a 6-foot-9, 255-pound power forward who is ranked No. 9 in the ESPN 60 for 2018, committed to Saint Louis on Wednesday.

Gordon chose the Billikens over fellow finalists Kansas and Missouri, where he unofficially visited twice this fall. He is the highest-ranked 2018 prospect to make his commitment so far.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recr ... aint-louis" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Zero

Post by Zero »

If he stays healthy he is gonna beast.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He looked really good last night. Really good. Like, if healthy, Anthony Davis level impact in a year or two.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

rgdeuce wrote:He looked really good last night. Really good. Like, if healthy, Anthony Davis level impact in a year or two.
Thank you again for stealing Tarczewski. If you didn't we may not have landed Embiid, who although hurt and didn't get to play in the tournament, will pay dividends as an NBA ambassador for the program. Speaking of pro basketball, which Euro team did Tarczewski end up signing with?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Zero

Post by Zero »

Thanks again for Ayton.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Must say your boards mini meltdown over your 17 recruiting class is giving me a good lol Fuegs
Zero

Post by Zero »

They already lost out on one of their 18 recruits to Saint Louis.

Graham and Mason are not gonna be there for ever fuegs.
Bangkok Wildcat

Main Event wrote:Must say your boards mini meltdown over your 17 recruiting class is giving me a good lol Fuegs
Yeah, am enjoying their tears a lot too over the '17 Class.....but I have to give them major props for their board....tons of activity and posts there! Am envious.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:He looked really good last night. Really good. Like, if healthy, Anthony Davis level impact in a year or two.
Thank you again for stealing Tarczewski. If you didn't we may not have landed Embiid, who although hurt and didn't get to play in the tournament, will pay dividends as an NBA ambassador for the program. Speaking of pro basketball, which Euro team did Tarczewski end up signing with?
Is this person actually crowing about Kansas' one year of Embiid, where Joel averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds and didn't play in the tourney where Kansas lost in the sweet 16?

No it couldn't be that worthless fuckall. No it's his "ambassadorial" situation, "also known as" the thing you talk about when a person doesn't have actual accomplishments.

And if you actually want to compare college careers, I actually would rather have Tarc knowing now how both college careers went.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anthony Davis is an MVP candidate. Like let's be honest here.

Joel Embiid shot 35% from the floor as a big man and talked shit to Steven Adams while putting up a 83 ORtg. Cmon man.

"He can't guard me!"

Well I guess the hoop is causing 2/3 of his shots to brick.
Last edited by YoDeFoe on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

SCCats wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Is this person actually crowing about Kansas' one year of Embiid, where Joel averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds and didn't play in the tourney where Kansas lost in the sweet 16?

No it couldn't be that worthless fuckall. No it's his "ambassadorial" situation, "also known as" the thing you talk about when a person doesn't have actual accomplishments.

And if you actually want to compare college careers, I actually would rather have Tarc knowing now how both college careers went.
Do people even remember that he went to Kansas? Isn't he just the goofy dude that spent the better part of three years NOT playing basketball after getting drafted at the top of the order? He played half a fucking season at Kansas.

Gimme a break. Zeus > Embiid's useless ass all damn day.

As far as NBA ambassadors, I'm sure we'll be fine with the two wildcats who picked up rings this year, to go with the four who got em the year before.

Lakers head coach. Warriors head coach. Aaron Gordon, Stanley Johnson, Rondae, TJ - all getting big minutes or starting. RJ, Channing, Iggy, the Jet. GTFO.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

enfuego's been trolling us for a long time. Longer than this board has existed. Five years after the fact, he remains butt hurt that Tarc chose us. This brings us considerable entertainment value, so don't be too hard on him.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
But really, was there any way Kansas wouldn't have lost in the Round of 32 anyways? Win the Big 12, lose early in the tourney. Embrace your destiny.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

enfuego wrote:

I know this has been said but as college careers go, Tarc over Embiid all day every day. It's not close. So, you're welcome? lol
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anthony Davis is an MVP candidate. Like let's be honest here.

Joel Embiid shot 35% from the floor as a big man and talked shit to Steven Adams while putting up a 83 ORtg. Cmon man.

"He can't guard me!"

Well I guess the hoop is causing 2/3 of his shots to brick.
Come on man, lets be real. Are you going to use a stat sheet from one game, which is a laughable sample size, or the actual eye test to see how his size, athleticism, and skill set translated on an NBA floor against a playoff team. Yes, Davis is one of the best players in the league, but we are comparing a guy who has played one game to a guy who is entering his fifth season. This is a guy who hasn't played ball in two seasons and some change and as such, hasn't even started tapping into potential. And despite the rust showing from a 6-16 night, you cant ignore the fact that he was 7-8 from the line and knocked down a 3. I don't think I am really going out on a limb here when I say if this guy stays healthy he will not only be the best center in the NBA, he will be at the same level as the elites from that great era of centers we saw in the 90s.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

For what it's worth, given the situation, I thought Embiid looked good. Of course it depends on how he develops, but he will always be veyr good physically, and for the amount of rust you'd expect, his skill level was better than at KU.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

enfuego wrote:
Hope you enjoyed that one year where your squad lost in the round of 32 to, who was it? Stanford? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Hope you enjoyed that one year where your squad lost in the round of 32 to, who was it? Stanford? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was such a good win for Stanford that Dawkins got fired less than 2 years later.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

rgdeuce wrote:I don't think I am really going out on a limb here when I say if this guy stays healthy he will not only be the best center in the NBA, he will be at the same level as the elites from that great era of centers we saw in the 90s.
Personally I think projecting a hall of fame career based on one game is "going out on a limb" but maybe we differ in the definition.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Main Event wrote:Must say your boards mini meltdown over your 17 recruiting class is giving me a good lol Fuegs
Yeah, am enjoying their tears a lot too over the '17 Class.....but I have to give them major props for their board....tons of activity and posts there! Am envious.
Lol. We'll get ours. Don't fret.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Lol. We'll get ours. Don't fret.
Frets...couldn't sleep last night because I was so worried! Undoubtedly KU will get a decent class in the end, but it's looking like a definite down year for the Jayhawks so far.

Also, I can't believe you made that idiotic comment thanking us for 'stealing' Tarc and that you were much happier having Embiid instead for his 'Ambassadorial' use.....SMH.... Without a doubt Tarc had a much more successful college career. Bear Down Zeus!
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

fuegs, you're totally that guy who persistently online-stalks the girl that dumped him ages ago in high school, aren't you?

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

dirtbags wrote:fuegs, you're totally that guy who persistently online-stalks the girl that dumped him ages ago in high school, aren't you?

:lol:
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

YoDeFoe wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:I don't think I am really going out on a limb here when I say if this guy stays healthy he will not only be the best center in the NBA, he will be at the same level as the elites from that great era of centers we saw in the 90s.
Personally I think projecting a hall of fame career based on one game is "going out on a limb" but maybe we differ in the definition.
Well, not that hard if you watch games and have an understanding about what made the greats great and you are looking for the right things. Obviously a larger sample size is ideal for anyone, but u are crazy if you think GMs, scouts, coaches, and even fans cant watch someone just one game and make high projections if the player is a special player. You mean to tell me you didnt watch Lebron in high school on ESPN and know he was going to be a superstar? There are a lot of "ifs" but it's all there for him to take as long as he wants it and his body holds up. You could see it when he played at Kansas too.

You mean to tell me its crazy to assume this guy cant at least reach the level of an Alonzo Mourning? :lol:
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I have to agree with rg, somewhat. Embiid looks really good. You can watch him once and see that he has talent and skills that other 7-footers would kill for.

Im not going to champion him a hall of famer, but damn he looks good.

The one thing I noticed is that he looks like he is running different, almost lumbering at times. I dont remember him looking like that at Kansas, in fact he looked like a guard getting up and down the floor.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

How does he look compared to Towns?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I think Towns is probably going to be a perennial all star for many years. Great player but not a special player our kids will be talking about when they are our age. Embiid on the other hand has gifts that can push him to be a guy who our kids will be talking about. A guy you can consistently feed the ball to in the finals and everyone knows it and there is nothing you can do to stop him from killing you. Like Hakeem. Not saying he will be a Hakeem, but the potential is there to be that type of player if he is healthy and has the work ethic and drive.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I don't know. Towns is the kind of guy we'll be talking about like Duncan and KG when he retires if he stays on that pace. Embiid, I like Embiid, but he has to show a lot to get mentioned at that level. The NBA doesn't have a lot of true C's right now. I won't be suprised if Embiid gets to a perennial allstar level, like the Mourning comparison, if his health holds out. He would have to show me a lot more before I really see him as a generational type guy.

I think Towns reaches that generational level.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:I have to agree with rg, somewhat. Embiid looks really good. You can watch him once and see that he has talent and skills that other 7-footers would kill for.

Im not going to champion him a hall of famer, but damn he looks good.

The one thing I noticed is that he looks like he is running different, almost lumbering at times. I dont remember him looking like that at Kansas, in fact he looked like a guard getting up and down the floor.
He looks like an entirely different person.

http://ballislife.com/joel-embiid-has-b ... e-weights/" target="_blank
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I don't know. Towns is the kind of guy we'll be talking about like Duncan and KG when he retires if he stays on that pace. Embiid, I like Embiid, but he has to show a lot to get mentioned at that level. The NBA doesn't have a lot of true C's right now. I won't be suprised if Embiid gets to a perennial allstar level, like the Mourning comparison, if his health holds out. He would have to show me a lot more before I really see him as a generational type guy.

Like you said, there is a lack of true great centers in the league and I think that will bolster Towns. Player like Towns, IMO, you can stick him in a time machine to the 90s and he is going to fit in in that lower tier of elite Centers in the league. Not quite an Olajuwon, Robinson, Shaq, and Ewing to a slightly lesser degree, but in that tier with Mourning, Dikembe, Brad Daugherty, which is still great nonetheless. I think just with good health alone and a normal trajectory, Embiid is going to be a Mourning-level type of center IMO, but the potential is for him to be in that highest tier. I think highly of Towns, I just see him as a steady all star that is going to stand out due to the lack of great true centers in the league. I dont think he is as dynamic or talented as a Kevin Garnett, but then again, unflashy but steady and great over a long career with some titles can make you a Tim Duncan. Either way, will be fun to watch and hopefully these guys can bring some of that old school center dominance back to the league.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I don't know. Towns is the kind of guy we'll be talking about like Duncan and KG when he retires if he stays on that pace. Embiid, I like Embiid, but he has to show a lot to get mentioned at that level. The NBA doesn't have a lot of true C's right now. I won't be suprised if Embiid gets to a perennial allstar level, like the Mourning comparison, if his health holds out. He would have to show me a lot more before I really see him as a generational type guy.

Like you said, there is a lack of true great centers in the league and I think that will bolster Towns. Player like Towns, IMO, you can stick him in a time machine to the 90s and he is going to fit in in that lower tier of elite Centers in the league. Not quite an Olajuwon, Robinson, Shaq, and Ewing to a slightly lesser degree, but in that tier with Mourning, Dikembe, Brad Daugherty, which is still great nonetheless. I think just with good health alone and a normal trajectory, Embiid is going to be a Mourning-level type of center IMO, but the potential is for him to be in that highest tier. I think highly of Towns, I just see him as a steady all star that is going to stand out due to the lack of great true centers in the league. I dont think he is as dynamic or talented as a Kevin Garnett, but then again, unflashy but steady and great over a long career with some titles can make you a Tim Duncan. Either way, will be fun to watch and hopefully these guys can bring some of that old school center dominance back to the league.
I don't see Towns as a C, I see him as a Duncan style PF, i.e., one who can handle the C if needed, but is better off playing the 4. Towns is ridiculously long and has Duncan's nimble but not explosive ability down pat.

The Wolves would do a disservice if they took away his natural ability at the 4 to shoehorn him into a traditional 5 role. Unless they're ready to go to a non-traditional lineup. I think the positionless pairing of him and Dieng has potential.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Is Azubuike the next Kansas big man to drop precipitously in the draft after his time in Lawrence?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tough loss. Can't really dog Kansas with all the fouls that were called and who was on the floor in OT. Indiana also looked really tough.

Didn't realize Josh Jackson was so skinny. Do they not have a S&C program in Lawrence?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Self been stress eating or what?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

He looks pretty stoked.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I guess he finally got that sammich after all.

Getting street cred?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAdevil wrote:He looks pretty stoked.
That's the smile of an innocent person.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Who tons of Kansas fans and radio guys blasted before finding out what really happened.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Zero wrote:Who tons of Kansas fans and radio guys blasted before finding out what really happened.
I didn't.
Zero

Post by Zero »

enfuego wrote:
Zero wrote:Who tons of Kansas fans and radio guys blasted before finding out what really happened.
I didn't.
I believe that. Glad he didn't get in trouble for not doing anything wrong. Did that local radio guy ever apologize?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Zero wrote:
enfuego wrote:
I didn't.
I believe that. Glad he didn't get in trouble for not doing anything wrong. Did that local radio guy ever apologize?
Of course he didn't. He just spinned it: shouldn't have put himself in that situation in the first place, blah, blah, blah.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Udoka out the year for Kansas wrist injury. Injuries just plain suck. More Lightfoot?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Zero wrote:Udoka out the year for Kansas wrist injury. Injuries just plain suck. More Lightfoot?
We'll need Bragg to start playing like the McDonald's AA we recruited. He's softer than Comanche, if that's even possible.