Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

84Cat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by 84Cat »

This team would run through a brick wall for CSM. Now more than ever.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Main Event wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:Is it true that in Tucson it was a 5 point game when the TO was called? I don't remember it being a thing at all and not a word about this great offense in the game thread

Seriously there's nothing gangsta about calling a to when the other team has conceded - it's just petty and bad sportsmanship. Embarrassing moment on an otherwise great night/win
Kick fuckin rocks
Changing RiseAndFire's name to 'SquatAndPee'
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Eat a dick R and F. Alford reaped what he sowed. Like KO said, is there a 5 point shot in basketball, no. But then again you know jack shit about good coaching
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:Is it true that in Tucson it was a 5 point game when the TO was called? I don't remember it being a thing at all and not a word about this great offense in the game thread

Seriously there's nothing gangsta about calling a to when the other team has conceded - it's just petty and bad sportsmanship. Embarrassing moment on an otherwise great night/win
If you go back and watch the game, after he called the TO, he took his team to the side and was instructing them to not guard the guy inbounding the ball and to play for the long pass. Once nobody was guarding the inbound play, Arizona simply tossed it in and time expired

I dont think the crowd even booed it.
Alford did a great job coaching his team to defend against that notorious last second 5 point play.

Sean Miller was just following his lead. Had to set up the team to avoid a 11 point play with .9 seconds left. It could happen!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
billk78

Post by billk78 »

This may have been more of a message to his players than to Alford/UCLA. Not that the guys didn't already respect Miller....but this is the type of thing you do to show them you have their backs at all costs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Feel free to go be embarrassed somewhere else.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

If you go back and watch the game, after he called the TO, he took his team to the side and was instructing them to not guard the guy inbounding the ball and to play for the long pass. Once nobody was guarding the inbound play, Arizona simply tossed it in and time expired

I dont think the crowd even booed it.
Alford did a great job coaching his team to defend against that notorious last second 5 point play.

Sean Miller was just following his lead. Had to set up the team to avoid a 12 point play with .9 seconds left. It could happen!
Beat me to it, Chi.

You were trying a little too hard, Bug.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

billk78 wrote:Not that the guys didn't already respect Miller....but this is the type of thing you do to show them you have their backs at all costs.
Absolutely.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Miller doesn't forget. Next up Oregon
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

I'm hoping it gives them the motivation to rip the ducks apart tomorrow night. They're looking good, and could play better imo
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Alford cant talk his way out of this lmao. Even the anchor on sportscenter immediately said Alford did that shit at McKale. He was so fired up after that timeout, the ball flip.... This game and that timeout was circled on the calendar a long time ago.

Lmfao. I seriously cant sleep right now because of this timeout. I feel like running three miles and eating a 24 oz undercooked steak with my bare hands
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

rgdeuce wrote:Alford cant talk his way out of this lmao. Even the anchor on sportscenter immediately said Alford did that shit at McKale. He was so fired up after that timeout, the ball flip.... This game and that timeout was circled on the calendar a long time ago.

Lmfao. I seriously cant sleep right now because of this timeout. I feel like running three miles and eating a 24 oz undercooked steak with my bare hands
I could eat at Arby's.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Alford cant talk his way out of this lmao. Even the anchor on sportscenter immediately said Alford did that shit at McKale. He was so fired up after that timeout, the ball flip.... This game and that timeout was circled on the calendar a long time ago.

I could eat at Arby's.
A beef and cheddar and curly fries sounds absolutely amazing right now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I love the wtf looks on ucla's collective faces when the camera pans from Miller going ape in the huddle and catches them at half court waiting to shake hands.

That was coach pop, Phil Jackson "we'll see you at the next game or next recruit" level mind fuckin.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I dunno that double Rueben their pushing looks delicious.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

billk78 wrote:This may have been more of a message to his players than to Alford/UCLA. Not that the guys didn't already respect Miller....but this is the type of thing you do to show them you have their backs at all costs.
Alford may as well walked to the block A and spit on it w two seconds left. Everyone who would feel disrespected by that, thats who this was for. Miller just threw in a little extra nastiness for himself and to remind Alford who is the king of the west.

But youre right, his players will never forget that for the rest of their lives.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

rgdeuce wrote:Lmfao. I seriously cant sleep right now because of this timeout. I feel like running three miles and eating a 24 oz undercooked steak with my bare hands
Its 2am here. I feel like hitting up a gym and doing some dribbling and shooting drills.

Anyone in NW Indiana want to rebound for me??
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

I'm enjoying thinking about what was going through Lavar Ball's mind at that moment.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

RaisingArizona wrote:I'm enjoying thinking about what was going through Lavar Ball's mind at that moment.

Lmao. Good stuff.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

RaisingArizona wrote:I'm enjoying thinking about what was going through Lavar Ball's mind at that moment.
Probably not much...or maybe he's gonna call Lonzo and say he should declare now before he gets injured and just sit out the next game...which would be a loss...gotta protect that thumb on the non-shooting hand ya know.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I found a stray beef stick in the fridge.

That Ball thumb injury was a total copout by the way. That dude was off and Millers defensive gameplan on the UCLA guards and our guys executing it the last two games has been excellent. They showed that Ball 2 assists 3 turnovers graphic up well before Lauri intentionally threw that three point attempt off his thumb. Their O wasalready out if synch.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

rgdeuce wrote:I found a stray beef stick in the fridge.

That Ball thumb injury was a total copout by the way. That dude was off and Millers defensive gameplan on the UCLA guards and our guys executing it the last two games has been excellent. They showed that Ball 2 assists 3 turnovers graphic up well before Lauri intentionally threw that three point attempt off his thumb. Their O wasalready out if synch.
Figured the only three you guys seemed to miss would be the one to take out Ball
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CSM post-game pressers end had me laughing my butt off out loud here.....he was asked about the last second timeout and he's sticking to his guns on the 'being poised' position even though we all know that was payback to Alfraud's classless TO at McKale.....freakin' hilarious!!!

I have a huge man-crush on CSM and I'm not afraid to admit it :-)
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Sean Miller Postgame UCLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVEQAmPhFnA" target="_blank
Coffeebean

Post by Coffeebean »

Alford responds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Dj_QgdJk0" target="_blank
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

MrBug708 wrote:

Figured the only three you guys seemed to miss would be the one to take out Ball

I will say this:I cant think of a single UCLA marquee player that I havent absolutely hated. I dont hate Ball when we play you guys, and I love him when you guys play everyone else.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Miller:

Just wanted to make sure our guys were poised...

and oh by the way, for those recruits still thinking about it...Coach Miller says
come on down! :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

rgdeuce wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

I will say this:I cant think of a single UCLA marquee player that I havent absolutely hated. I dont hate Ball when we play you guys, and I love him when you guys play everyone else.
I don't hate Welsh. I just feel bad for him. You know he doesn't even get Lorenzo Matta level pussy.
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:

I don't hate Welsh. I just feel bad for him. You know he doesn't even get Lorenzo Matta level pussy.
Lmao. Damn chi, you say some funny sh!t, but i spit out my coffee with that one. hilarious
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

Chicat wrote: I don't hate Welsh. I just feel bad for him. You know he doesn't even get Lorenzo Matta level pussy.
You saying Matta's game with the ladies wasn't... Real?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:
This. Kept repeating it on text ad nauseum. First, non shooting hand. Second, was cold/off before it happened. Thrd, Kadeem had a bone come out of his pinkie...

We harassed Ball, he had an off game due to a lot of reasons (many unknown...they just happen), and Kadeem became intimate with Bryce Alford's internal organs.

I would love to meet UCLA again for big marbles...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:

Not to stalk your responses, but this too. Was saying this to a friend during the game...I hated McLean, Miller, Affalo, Butler, Shipp, Davis, Dollar, the O'Bannons, etc...but I don't hate Lonzo. Despite his dad's fuckery, he seems OK.

I hate Alford and Leaf with his too many teeth and not enough skin care, etc...but not Ball.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bilas calls it petty, Greenberg calls it warranted.

Chicat says it's both and that I fucking loved it. Fuck UCLA and their little dick, rapist-defending coach.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Wait. Two weeks ago on College Game Day, Bilas defended Pitino for going after a fan who criticized him at halftime on the way to the locker room. Because "if you're going to dish it out, you should learn that you've got it coming back at you."
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote: Bilas calls it petty, Greenberg calls it warranted.

Chicat says it's both and that I fucking loved it. Fuck UCLA and their little dick, rapist-defending coach.

Normally Jay gets it. This time he's flat out wrong. Seth is on the money with his thoughts..for Kadeem, recruiting, sending a message.

When you're in a fight, do you just let the other guy punch you in the face and smile about it. Assuming you're not a monk or a candy ass priest in training, you fight back.
I'm with Greenberg. Guarantee it'll be motivation for future games.

btw
Alford ain't John Wooden (like we didn't know) :roll:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'm with both of them. Bilas was right - it was petty. But sometimes in an emotional sport, petty is fine. Just fine.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Nastiness is required
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Love it.

Simmons does too!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

He has their back, they have his back. Love it.

That's how you do it in the conference of champions
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

He who laughs last....

A monument to Kadeem. Miller grabs the ball from Deem and heaves it toward the Bruin players who are forced to stand and wait in witness of our bench crowding around Kadeem as Miller passes to him the power of the moment. Miller doesn't get to play anymore but this was a close as it gets.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So it was petty, so what. Titles arnt won on spirit awards and pay back is a bitch.

Love Miller.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Also, that was a totally K move. Bilias should have been able to recognize that, especially when he potificates so much about respect and the unwritten rules of basketball.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

HiCat wrote:Miller:

Just wanted to make sure our guys were poised...

and oh by the way, for those recruits still thinking about it...Coach Miller says
come on down! :D
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Which players besides Leaf has ucla gotten that were leaning Arizona?
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

I don't know about leaning, but Hands was definitely a priority. I'm pretty sure that we were going after Anigbogu as well.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

Personally I think the recruiting angle is a stretch. I really believe this was all about Kadeem. He seems like an emotional guy, his family came out to see him on Senior Night and he air balled the biggest shot of his life. I'm sure he was heartbroken and the TO made it worse. This was Sean's way of having his back.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Also, that was a totally K move. Bilias should have been able to recognize that, especially when he potificates so much about respect and the unwritten rules of basketball.
Thr timeout was a K move.

Thr joy on Miller's face was pure him
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

When you rewatch the time out, Keep your eye in PJC who yells down to the UCLA bench "F U". Not once but twice