Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

rgdeuce

Re: Sean Miller

Post by rgdeuce »

:lol:
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

FTR if Kyryl could always walk around campus with a beautiful blond on each arm I'm sure Welsh does better than you think. i wouldnt feel too sorry for him
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Lauri on Landale in the second half changed the game in my opinion. Great move by Miller.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

jsbowl16 wrote:Lauri on Landale in the second half changed the game in my opinion. Great move by Miller.
Also a good move to start with dusan, chance, and pinder on him. Then in the second half with lauri with zero fouls he can go to work on landale without worrying about it
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Pinder has a dual role now, tough defender but also eat some fouls early on the other teams big. Me likey
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

baconus66 wrote:
jsbowl16 wrote:Lauri on Landale in the second half changed the game in my opinion. Great move by Miller.
Also a good move to start with dusan, chance, and pinder on him. Then in the second half with lauri with zero fouls he can go to work on landale without worrying about it
I want to say Miller had that planned exactly like you said, but Im not sure thats a reality lol.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sean Miller on Jim Rome in a couple minutes:

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/cbs-sports-radio" target="_blank

Chris Mack was on earlier.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

19-9
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:19-9
That tournament winning percentage is elite.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

If he has a team that will play hard on the defensive end and rebound it seems we are destined for a good run. I/we can only hope his record is 23-9 at the end of this tourney
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'll say this. A dude broke his finger last game, got it taped up and went back in because he said he's "All in".

That's a Miller team and the reason why this team will bust through that door.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Olsondogg wrote:I'll say this. A dude broke his finger last game, got it taped up and went back in because he said he's "All in".

That's a Miller team and the reason why this team will bust through that door.

Is that an ODogg prediction? I like it. I still remember when you said the DWill team was a sweet 16 team at the start of the conference season and some kind of laughed at your prediction.

ODogg, please, please, please be right again :)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Odogg's an optimist around these parts...what can I say?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

In eight years, Miller is 13-5 in the tournament at Arizona (and this year isn't over).

Took Lute 11 years to get 13 tournament victories.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Posted on the Arizona Wildcats Basketball FB group by Dave Burhenn.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Wilner with an honest-to-god fair and illuminating article on Sean Miller. Which is slightly shocking to me because I've always thought Wilner was largely dismissive of CSM, his accomplishments, and his influence.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:Wilner with an honest-to-god fair and illuminating article on Sean Miller. Which is slightly shocking to me because I've always thought Wilner was largely dismissive of CSM, his accomplishments, and his influence.
I have a very hard time believing the rah-rah spin of that article. CSM knows that the better the conference is, the better things are for Arizona nationally. Look at the ACC this year. Miller knows that he holds the biggest sway, so he knows to push ahead with things. I bet he calls the deputy commissioner a lot, the conference still has atrocious officiating. "I love the Pac-12" :lol: :lol: yeah right, he knows that we need the rest of the league to not be so shitty.

You think the guy that called a TO with 0.9 seconds left has suddenly decided he likes Larry Scott? :lol: :lol: I bet he is "great" with Larry Scott, he's busy winning league championships and having Scott hand him a trophy. Remember, he didn't tell the fans to stop booing Scott this time, and the boos were just as loud and extended.

Sean Miller doesn't love the Pac12. He's just turned into Frank Underwood and is going to ensure he gets what he wants.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

All I know is this, two years ago when he won the Pac Tournament, he waved off the boos on Larry. This year, he had a big smile on his face when we loudly booed him in Vegas.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

“I am completely, 100 percent great with Larry Scott,’’ Miller said Wednesday.

A Trump tweet is more believable than that statement. :D

Surprised Wilner didn't go into his favorite topic, the awful PAC-12 Network and how it's screwing over all the schools financially. Even Miller can't be 100% behind that.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I liked the allusion to Dr Strangelove in the Title.

If Miller does "love" the conference, it's quite the strange love, indeed.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Unlike most Arizona fans, I hope Sean Miller and the conference have a good relationship and into the future. That's one of things that can drive him away​ to another job.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:
Chicat wrote:Wilner with an honest-to-god fair and illuminating article on Sean Miller. Which is slightly shocking to me because I've always thought Wilner was largely dismissive of CSM, his accomplishments, and his influence.
I have a very hard time believing the rah-rah spin of that article. CSM knows that the better the conference is, the better things are for Arizona nationally. Look at the ACC this year. Miller knows that he holds the biggest sway, so he knows to push ahead with things. I bet he calls the deputy commissioner a lot, the conference still has atrocious officiating. "I love the Pac-12" :lol: :lol: yeah right, he knows that we need the rest of the league to not be so shitty.

You think the guy that called a TO with 0.9 seconds left has suddenly decided he likes Larry Scott? :lol: :lol: I bet he is "great" with Larry Scott, he's busy winning league championships and having Scott hand him a trophy. Remember, he didn't tell the fans to stop booing Scott this time, and the boos were just as loud and extended.

Sean Miller doesn't love the Pac12. He's just turned into Frank Underwood and is going to ensure he gets what he wants.
I'd put it this way:

When what is best for the Pac 12 is also the best thing for Arizona basketball, Miller has no reason not to act in the best interest of the Pac. How much of that action is based on love for the Pac and how much is based on love for Arizona? It doesn't really matter.

The question is when what is best for Arizona is not best for the Pac. This may be fairly rare, but in those circumstances, I'd be less certain that Miller's degree of affinity for the Pac will be what matters.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:“I am completely, 100 percent great with Larry Scott,’’ Miller said Wednesday.

Surprised Wilner didn't go into his favorite topic, the awful PAC-12 Network and how it's screwing over all the schools financially. Even Miller can't be 100% behind that.
Miller also said he called the timeout with 0.9 seconds left to make sure his guys had poise which we all know was b.s. Though we already have previous evidence of such, we all know he's more than capable of coach-speak a.k.a. stretching the truth a.k.a.......
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NYCat wrote:Unlike most Arizona fans, I hope Sean Miller and the conference have a good relationship and into the future.
Not sure where you are getting that from. Just saying what things are, not what we want them to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Merkin wrote:“I am completely, 100 percent great with Larry Scott,’’ Miller said Wednesday.

Miller also said he called the timeout with 0.9 seconds left to make sure his guys had poise which we all know was b.s. Though we already have previous evidence of such, we all know he's more than capable of coach-speak a.k.a. stretching the truth a.k.a.......
What else can he say? There's no upside to painting a less rosy view of his relationship with Scott.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I like this photo alot:

97cats

Post by 97cats »

rad
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

<---------------

So do I.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

looks like the godfather, which he is in the PAC. I can't remember a time I have wanted a team to win more for themselves, the fans and most importantly, this head coach. I am not sure I can explain the why but it seems to me a lot like in 94 when Lute was coming off 3 straight first round upsets (Miami Ohio, ETSU and Santa Clara as the first 2 seed to lose in the first round) and I wanted him to do well that year. Same for Sean this year. I want him to bust down that door and send a splinter of it to Larry Scott
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Looks like he isn't locked in.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

Looks like a promo picture for a new HBO show
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Longhorned wrote:Looks like he isn't locked in.
For some reason I thought you live in Chicago...You're in Eugene?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Looks like he isn't locked in.
For some reason I thought you live in Chicago...You're in Eugene?
I live in Champaign and teach at U of Illinois. I often update my location status while I travel but forgot to change it back. Oregon brought me out to give a talk.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

We need a Photoshop thread. That was a constant favorite of the old site

Something super quick I put together trying to kill some time at work

baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

NYCat wrote:Unlike most Arizona fans, I hope Sean Miller and the conference have a good relationship and into the future. That's one of things that can drive him away​ to another job.
Also could be something that keeps him. I'm sure sticking it to Larry Scott has some level of motivation for him and makes receiving that trophy feel even sweeter.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I've had pictures of my boys up as my work desktop background for almost five years. They just came down (temporarily) for that Miller picture. Well done.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

baconus66 wrote:We need a Photoshop thread. That was a constant favorite of the old site
What can you do with this one? :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Did she just tell Sean that Frank Kaminsky died?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

baconus66 wrote:Image
You combine Rawle's finger goosing Miller and the face Miller is making below and you've got something.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azgreg wrote:
baconus66 wrote:We need a Photoshop thread. That was a constant favorite of the old site
What can you do with this one? :D
photoshop in some rally tits?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

killervibe

Post by killervibe »

Miller is the third highest paid coach in the NCAA.. which bodes well for keeping him. Frankly, the school should open the vault doors and pay him at least 50% more if that's what it took to keep him.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/201 ... fullscreen" target="_blank

What surprised me is that North Carolina only pays Coach Roy about $2M/yr. Wow. I would have imagined that he'd be in the top 3.
Disclaimer: Posts may not be suitable for the overly sensitive, feebleminded, or criminally insane. In the event I offend you, please take a big step back and literally GFY.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

killervibe wrote:Miller is the third highest paid coach in the NCAA.. which bodes well for keeping him. Frankly, the school should open the vault doors and pay him at least 50% more if that's what it took to keep him.

What surprised me is that North Carolina only pays Coach Roy about $2M/yr. Wow. I would have imagined that he'd be in the top 3.
Roy makes a bunch off court, and he wants more money for the program and his assistants. Frankly a lot of coaches could learn a thing or two.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
killervibe wrote:Miller is the third highest paid coach in the NCAA.. which bodes well for keeping him. Frankly, the school should open the vault doors and pay him at least 50% more if that's what it took to keep him.

Roy makes a bunch off court, and he wants more money for the program and his assistants. Frankly a lot of coaches could learn a thing or two.
Roy is also a Carolina alum and has been earning good money for 25+ years. At this point, it would be more about pride than any need. I'm assuming Jordan Brand throws a ton of money his way as part of the off court earning. UNC is obviously Jordan's Brand's main CBB focus.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

AZCentral has Coach Miller at $2.9ish. Can we trust those aol figures?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /97394598/" target="_blank
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Jefe wrote:AZCentral has Coach Miller at $2.9ish. Can we trust those aol figures?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /97394598/" target="_blank
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salarie ... all/coach/" target="_blank

It's from USA today
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

never seen a coach do LESS with7 straight top 5 classes than miller

sweet 16 lose to an 11 seed are you fgn kidding?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

RiseAndFire wrote:never seen a coach do LESS with7 straight top 5 classes than miller

sweet 16 lose to an 11 seed are you fgn kidding?
Fuck you.

We're stuck with Sean Miller as much as he's stuck with us. He's young and as upset as I am with him right now he has time to figure this shit out. Just our fucking luck it'll happen when he's at another job, but whatever.

Still fuck you.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

My biggest fear with Miller is that he's the Mark Richt of college basketball. He always has top teams, always has top recruiting classes but is always just shy of breaking through and winning.

Every year there's a reason or injury or another top team that's the reason you lose.

So you keep him for a looooooooong time because he keeps winning year in year out. Sustainable success. But never breaks through.

Until eventually you come at the crossroads of whether to keep him and continue that success without the finish or decide you need a change (even if you can't do better) or leaves for another job.
AztoCa

Post by AztoCa »

Miller Wikipedia page got the savage treatment

https://www.google.com/amp/www.azdesert ... ent-losses

Also interesting to hear Kentucky's fans thoughts on Miller as they are fairly knowlegable
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/thre ... er.231062/
may the Bear Be Down! :D