Guard U

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Guard U

Post by PHXCATS »

UofAlum05 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Semi related topic.

How is ESPN or Fox not buying the game on 12/30 from PAC-12 Network? Just because it is late on a Saturday right before NYE?
ESPN and Fox each have a certain amount of games alotted to them prior to the season. Each network chooses the games that they want prior to the season starting and whatever they don't choose goes to Pac-12 Network. Arizona/ASU needless to say wasn't expected to be a matchup of two ranked teams, so the networks missed their shot. Sucks, but that's how the system is set up.
The announcers even admitted last night that it is probably the biggest game the Pac-12 Network has ever had.
1/19/15 #8 Utah at #10 UA

But this will be up there for sure
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

This is some weak trolling, seriously. I mean do Marquette fans come in here talking shit about their superiority because, you know, Dwayne Wade? You gotta do better than James Harden and weak smack, dude.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MilesSim0.0N wrote:Lol this thread reeks of jealously from about 3 pages away.

The 2nd best player on his team from '13-last season was a 6'10 white guy who's yet to attempt a two-point FG in his career. Jordan wouldn't have won anything with this bunch.

What do you expect him to do, average 48 minutes and 56 points a game? Lol.

Elgin Baylor, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Russ Westbrook - none of 'em have ever done shit. Fuck 'em.

The one-kneed, no-kidneyed, walking dialysis played with Admiral and Duncan and won 2 rings, so I'll take him over ANY OF EM. Easy call.

How many of you on this thread are inbred?
Look, you pobably can't relate, but most of us are Arizona fans. We have a hard time being locked in on Harden or any single guy because we have a lottery pick rookie most years and have had multiple alums in the NBA finals for a few years now.

It's just harder for us, and I actually think Harden is really good. We just have a lot to keep us busy and can't focus on only one guy.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Harden might be more marketable but I'll take the career of iggy or the future career of Gordon over what ever no d ISO ball that harden plays.

He'll be in the same camp as Barkley as one who never won it when he's done with ball.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If Harden is so great, why didn't he win anything in college? Is it because he went to a shitty school that doesn't know how to win?

Why hasn't he won anything in the pros?

Waiting patiently for an answer.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Well as a 6 seed, they did beat an 11 so that is probably the greatest win ever for them lol. I still love that year. Phoenix declared UA dead. And Tempe got their shots in, but as always, the season is how you do in the tournament. The dead team beat a 5 seed and went to the sweet 16. Tempe, with their future NBA star, lost in the second round.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ASU hasn't outperformed Arizona in the tournament since 1995, when we were without Ben Davis and were shipped to Dayton to play Sendek's Miami, OH team. That's a helluva long time ago. Even ASUs best season since they still only managed a 3rd place finish in the Pac and one NCAA tournament win.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Gilbertcat wrote:Well as a 6 seed, they did beat an 11 so that is probably the greatest win ever for them lol. I still love that year. Phoenix declared UA dead. And Tempe got their shots in, but as always, the season is how you do in the tournament. The dead team beat a 5 seed and went to the sweet 16. Tempe, with their future NBA star, lost in the second round.
Would have made a better banner. At least theres room for this year

splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

PHXCATS wrote:I am curious for those who say Harden has accomplished nothing in his career, what Arizona player over the same timespan has done anything in the NBA? Iggy? Channing get credit for being the 6th option on a team? RJ?

Interesting stat. Miller came to UA same time Harden went to the NBA. Harden's teams have made the playoffs every year. Harden went to the NBA Finals once. Harden's team won 3 division titles. U of A has 3 PAC 10/12 regular season titles since Miller has been coach.
2× NBA champion (2015, 2017)
NBA Finals MVP (2015)
NBA All-Star (2012)
NBA All-Defensive First Team (2014)
NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2011)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2005)

Harden is basically still playing AAU ball. When he wins a championship, let alone a finals MVP, let alone wins a finals MVP defending against someone even 1/10th the player of Lebron James, then maybe we can talk about Harden.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Since this thread was created by a dbag Scummie....using an Arizona Hero as his moniker and whose days are sure to be numbered on this board, could we please delete this redundant thread as one ASU thread is surely enough?

Personally, I prefer the ‘ASU blows’ thread for Scummie Talk ;-)....I’m sure The Scummie who created this ‘Guard U’ titled thread is proud of his propaganda and would be sad at it being deleted or merged with its proper thread.....Thoughts?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Since this thread was created by a dbag Scummie....using an Arizona Hero as his moniker and whose days are sure to be numbered on this board, could we please delete this redundant thread as one ASU thread is surely enough?

Personally, I prefer the ‘ASU blows’ thread for Scummie Talk ;-)....I’m sure The Scummie who created this ‘Guard U’ titled thread is proud of his propaganda and would be sad at it being deleted or merged with its proper thread.....Thoughts?
I have a thought .......

Let’s not be delicate snowflakes every time a rival poster pops up.

Later in the season when ASSU is struggling to stay on the right side of the bubble and people are talking about their epic collapse, this guy will have melted away like a dirty patch of snow on a warm spring day.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

splitsecond wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:I am curious for those who say Harden has accomplished nothing in his career, what Arizona player over the same timespan has done anything in the NBA? Iggy? Channing get credit for being the 6th option on a team? RJ?

Interesting stat. Miller came to UA same time Harden went to the NBA. Harden's teams have made the playoffs every year. Harden went to the NBA Finals once. Harden's team won 3 division titles. U of A has 3 PAC 10/12 regular season titles since Miller has been coach.
NBA Finals MVP (2015)
NBA All-Star (2012)

Harden is basically still playing AAU ball. When he wins a championship, let alone a finals MVP, let alone wins a finals MVP defending against someone even 1/10th the player of Lebron James, then maybe we can talk about Harden.
Iggy has the titles and the Finals MVP,. But everything else goes to Harden.

Look I hate asu more than anyone. But to suggest that Iggy is a better player than Harden is laughable.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

NBA Finals MVP (2015)
NBA All-Star (2012)

Iggy has the titles and the Finals MVP,. But everything else goes to Harden.

Look I hate asu more than anyone. But to suggest that Iggy is a better player than Harden is laughable.
I believe people are saying he’s accomplished more, not better.

Which is true.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Harden is more marketable than iggy, that's about it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Here's another Guard U stat for you.

ASU has one alum in the NBA. Arizona has two guards from the 2016-17 team ALONE who have played NBA games this year. Adding Lauri, we've had 3 times as many NBA players this year if you only count last year's team against all of ASU's history.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Can you be Guard U if your Defense is ranked at 129 and cant Guard a Lama?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Gilbertcat wrote:Can you be Guard U if your Defense is ranked at 129 and cant Guard a Lama?

James Harden taught them well.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gilbertcat wrote:Can you be Guard U if your Defense is ranked at 129 and cant Guard a Lama?
Do you mean the animal Llama or the Dalai Lama? I've heard the Dalai Lama can ball.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Do you mean the animal Llama or the Dalai Lama? I've heard the Dalai Lama can ball.

And golf

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Defense wins championships.

Harden dates Kardashians.

Iggy all fucking day.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Posted on the Arizona Wildcats Basketball FB group

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Nice Merkin! Thanks.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ChuckU, led by the Chukar Partridge.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

https://youtu.be/K8pmEtQj9VA" target="_blank

Intro--Titled "Arizona Guards."
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

dovecanyoncat wrote:ChuckU, led by the Chukar Partridge.

I see the resemblance.