Suck it, Bobby Hurley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bangkok Wildcat

Re: Enjoy it, Bobby Hurley

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

MountainCat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:PS. Was it Buechler who dove out of bounds to retain possession in OT and save the game? Or who? That was the one play I can remember the most....and I also lost my voice after that game too....was so incredibly exciting!
It was Muehlebach that saved it to put into the first OT. PS - Fans today have no clue how crazy games were back then. The crowds were even louder. Just watch the ending.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GWK-C68vU&sns=em" target="_blank

Very cool, thanks MountainCat! Beach Down.
Bangkok Wildcat

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
MountainCat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:PS. Was it Buechler who dove out of bounds to retain possession in OT and save the game? Or who? That was the one play I can remember the most....and I also lost my voice after that game too....was so incredibly exciting!
It was Muehlebach that saved it to put into the first OT. PS - Fans today have no clue how crazy games were back then. The crowds were even louder. Just watch the ending.

Enjoy!

Man, watching that brought back a lot of good memories! I wonder when the last time McKale was as loud as that? Also, it used to be really fun and cool to be able to schedule a high profile noncon game like that well into the conference play....a nice break.

Watching that made me realize how sad it is that Brian Williams (a very cool Dude) and the awesome Sean Rooks both had their lives cut short way too early....Brian’s ending being especially tragic and messed up. Loved seeing Lute in his prime and it sounded like Dick Enberg was calling the game with Doomie Vitale.

Very proud that Booby Hurley has never won at McKale....SUCK IT BOBBY HURLEY (the real name of this thread...again, please change it back Spiff!).
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:...I wonder when the last time McKale was as loud as that?...
I wasn't in the building that day in 91, but I started going to games in Tucson in '86 & have been to 50-some since & I can tell you I've never heard the building as loud as it was 4-5 years ago during the comeback vs Florida. It was insane loud. Heard similar things about the white out v Washington when DW made the last second block too, though I missed that one as well.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:...I wonder when the last time McKale was as loud as that?...
I wasn't in the building that day in 91, but I started going to games in Tucson in '86 & have been to 50-some since & I can tell you I've never heard the building as loud as it was 4-5 years ago during the comeback vs Florida. It was insane loud. Heard similar things about the white out v Washington when DW made the last second block too, though I missed that one as well.
The 2OT-win against Oregon St during the Kerr era was one of the loudest I witnessed. Along with several UCLA games around that time too.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

That '91 game was my first game at McKale and I was in diapers. We parked off 6th and my Dad got offered $200 for our nose bleed tickets. He said hell no! All I remember was having to sit in the middle of the stairs because the people around us were so loud and I was crying.

Besides that, Florida is the loudest game I've been to in McKale
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:That '91 game was my first game at McKale and I was in diapers. We parked off 6th and my Dad got offered $200 for our nose bleed tickets. He said hell no! All I remember was having to sit in the middle of the stairs because the people around us were so loud and I was crying.

Florida was (as the kids say) lit. The crowd came to play vs Florida.

I was born in 81, so my 80's and early 90's experience is limited. I remember watching the UF game and being really proud that McKale brought the heat for a nationally televised game.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

Enjoyed the Duke double OT video.

First possession of second half, clinic in running offense against a zone.

We had some good bigs. Crazy that Reeves barely got any pt.
Bangkok Wildcat

Jefe wrote:That '91 game was my first game at McKale and I was in diapers. We parked off 6th and my Dad got offered $200 for our nose bleed tickets. He said hell no! All I remember was having to sit in the middle of the stairs because the people around us were so loud and I was crying.

Wow, that’s a bit messed up for your first game Jefe....Glad it didn’t dissuade you from being a Wildcat! I can’t even imagine bringing a young kid like that into McKale.....better suited for a nice quiet game like most of the other P12 venues when we aren’t playing them ;-).
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Bordercat wrote:Enjoyed the Duke double OT video.

That was my loudest game I've been to, the Khalid 40-point effort his senior year against Jalen Rose and Michigan.

I was up near the rafters for that one. Dad was right next to me and couldn't even hear what I was yelling.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

Wow, that’s a bit messed up for your first game Jefe....Glad it didn’t dissuade you from being a Wildcat! I can’t even imagine bringing a young kid like that into McKale.....better suited for a nice quiet game like most of the other P12 venues when we aren’t playing them ;-).
I was in Tucson visiting Miller's first year when BYU throttled us at home. Yelled my head during my son's (3-4) first game. He was crying too. He's coming around.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

speaking of which, just thinking, it will be interesting to see what Miller throws out there with out any quality bigs next year. I bet we some really good adjustments to style of play, maybe for the better.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Wow, that’s a bit messed up for your first game Jefe....Glad it didn’t dissuade you from being a Wildcat! I can’t even imagine bringing a young kid like that into McKale.....better suited for a nice quiet game like most of the other P12 venues when we aren’t playing them ;-).
haha its no different than how my Dad watched games at home so I was kind of used to it. Its like he thinks the refs can hear him. Hasn't changed for 30 years
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

catgrad97 wrote:
Bordercat wrote:Enjoyed the Duke double OT video.

That was my loudest game I've been to, the Khalid 40-point effort his senior year against Jalen Rose and Michigan.

I was up near the rafters for that one. Dad was right next to me and couldn't even hear what I was yelling.
Was in our "student section" for the Duke 2OT win. We were scattered, so we were on that single row on the walkway...those were our Season A tickets that year. When the crowd stood up, we would stand up and walk to the railing in front of us, across the walkway. That game, most of the game was spent standing at the railing. I got my section to chant "Ex-Lax" at Hurley during warm ups and some at introductions, in reference to his squirts the year before in the title game vs UNLV. We were on the Duke side of the court behind the basket. My roommate and I made a stink at Pizza Hut because they tried to claim the 100 points scored was during OT, so the personal pan pizza they gave away for 100 point games with a ticket stub was not valid. We called the paper and had some people call to complain...they relented, so my stub has "VOID FROM PIZZA HUT" written in ball point pen on it by a frustrated Pizza Hut manager who wanted to make sure we didn't double dip, because we were not going to give up the stubs. Actually, my stub was untorn, because in a search to meet Dickie V (back when that meant something), we had gotten to McKale an hour or so early and walked right down the truck ramp and sat in the front row waiting for his arrival. We had tickets, so we were confident...which is why no one said anything, likely. Eventually, he arrived, we got autographs and pictures with him, and we went to our seats. The place was LOUD.

I was courtside with media seats for the Michigan game in the Fiesta Bowl tournament in 1993. That had bursts of loud. The best noise in that game, though, was listening to Geary talk trash to a very quiet Jalen Rose. Rose claimed he had the flu after the game, but he had a case of Geary-itis. Reggie's trash talk was so awesome...stuff like "c'mon Jalen...you're an All-American. I'm nobody. How many points do you have? I wanna see the All-American", that kind of stuff.

I agree with the comment about Florida. The football game mixed with the crap weather outside and the comeback made the place deafening. It was like a party, one of the craziest sports days ever. Yeah, it was the New Mexico Bowl, and we have had bigger wins than #7 Florida. But the way. Both...the comebacks. The missed FTs by a clutch FT shooter. Lyons waiting, waiting too long...GO! And swish. I actually went to that game alone...picked up a single ticket. It was my youngest's birthday and I did a Chuck E Cheese party, but I was late to that because of the bowl...my wife held it down with much understanding. Then, we had to change the gifts out in the rain because the car she was driving was better equipped for the rain, and I was heading down to Tucson while she was going half a mile down the road. So we moved the gifts in the pouring rain, and I set off for Tucson. I barely made it in time for tip, but had a lower bowl seat. It was amazing.

The UCLA game with Salim hitting the game winner boiled into a crazy crowd. It wasn't a "tip to buzzer" McKale great, but it became one of the loudest I have experienced.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
MountainCat wrote:

Enjoy!

Very cool, thanks MountainCat! Beach Down.[/quote

Man, watching that brought back a lot of good memories! I wonder when the last time McKale was as loud as that? Also, it used to be really fun and cool to be able to schedule a high profile noncon game like that well into the conference play....a nice break.

Watching that made me realize how sad it is that Brian Williams (a very cool Dude) and the awesome Sean Rooks both had their lives cut short way too early....Brian’s ending being especially tragic and messed up. Loved seeing Lute in his prime and it sounded like Dick Enberg was calling the game with Doomie Vitale.

Very proud that Booby Hurley has never won at McKale....SUCK IT BOBBY HURLEY (the real name of this thread...again, please change it back Spiff!).

That was Keith Jackson
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
MountainCat wrote:

Enjoy!

I don't even remember naming it that. If you want, fair enough...
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
MountainCat wrote:

Enjoy!

I don't even remember naming it that. If you want, fair enough...
AWESOME...so much a better fit for Bobby. Thanks so much Spiff. Bear Down.
Bangkok Wildcat

Re: Suck it, Bobby Hurley

AND DOWN goes ASSU to Oregon! Love it :-). Overrated like I suspected all along. SUCK IT BOBBY HURLEY!

PS. We’d better be prepared for Oregon.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Boom!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:AND DOWN goes ASSU to Oregon! Love it :-). Overrated like I suspected all along. SUCK IT BOBBY HURLEY!

Oregon better be prepared for Deandre Ayton.
Bangkok Wildcat

zonagrad wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:AND DOWN goes ASSU to Oregon! Love it :-). Overrated like I suspected all along. SUCK IT BOBBY HURLEY!

Oregon better be prepared for Deandre Ayton.
Was hoping we’d put a major beat down on OU for last year’s terrible blowout loss....but after today, just hoping for a comfortable win. Bear Down zonagrad!
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Keith Jackson died.
Timely that the video was posted.

Always wanted to hear him do a rose bowl featuring Arizona
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Postmaster wrote:Keith Jackson died.
Timely that the video was posted.

Always wanted to hear him do a rose bowl featuring Arizona

You and me both. RIP Keith
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

ASU down 34-33 to OSU at the half.

They are going to lose again tonight and go 1-4 in conference to start the season.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MountainCat wrote:ASU down 34-33 to OSU at the half.

They are going to lose again tonight and go 1-4 in conference to start the season.
You just guaranteed a 20 point ASU win
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Enough with this jinx crap. Enjoy the games.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

ASU is working on not making the tourney. I wondered if they had reached their peak because of all the seniors, and lack of potential. It appears other teams have caught up with them and they are going to struggle to be in the upper half of the conference.

ASU --- almost last falling fast
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Wow did ASU get lucky. They tried to lose.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MountainCat wrote:Enough with this jinx crap. Enjoy the games.
Just had to make your post didn't you. Oregon State led the entire game until the last 2 minutes.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

MountainCat wrote:ASU down 34-33 to OSU at the half.

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bangkok Wildcat

Merkin wrote:
Awww, ASU showing how classy they are as usual, lol.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
I was at the whiteout game. It was loud, but there have been a few louder since. The Cal game when York hit three big 3s in the closing minutes was one that comes to mind. When he hit that go head 3 from deep, that was deafening.
Bangkok Wildcat

rgdeuce wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:
I was at the whiteout game. It was loud, but there have been a few louder since. The Cal game when York hit three big 3s in the closing minutes was one that comes to mind. When he hit that go head 3 from deep, that was deafening.
Cool rgdeuce! I love hearing fellow Wildcat Fans experiences at McKale....unless you’re one of the fortunate who still live in Tucson, or visit frequently, each time you get a chance to experience a home game is a special and unique time.....Always the favorite to win, incredible atmosphere and energy with the crowd....such great fun. Living halfway around the world I miss it terribly.

Anyways, love hearing these stories.....Back to that Duke 1991 2OT Thriller...that game gave me a lot of respect for the older fans.....they were very energetic and downright raucous fans of the Cats. Very cool....big respect. BTFD.
Bangkok Wildcat

Someone give Bobby a tissue quick please..... :D
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sssshhhhhh.......
-JB
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:Sssshhhhhh.......
No worries UAE....Stanford has got this one and you can bank on it....Buddha told me ;-).....and he hates Scumdevils, 55 (Thai for Ha ha). Only question is can CAL pull off the upset this weekend? That would be nice bu doubtful.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Stanford should not take a shot outside the paint against ASU unless Pickens is wide open from 3. They're playing so stupid and have such a huge size advantage over ASU but aren't exploiting it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Do we need to start a ban poll for Bangkok?
Bangkok Wildcat

Alieberman wrote:Do we need to start a ban poll for Bangkok?
Good grief....When ASU loses it’s good....IF Stanford loses then it’s good for us in the Conference standings. Anyways, ASU WILL lose this one.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I posted this in the ASU discussion thread, but it's easy when you're the upstart and rolling along.

Sooner or later, adversity hits and you see what a team is made of. We saw adversity hit ASU starting conference 0-2. Since then, middling. Welcome to reality, Devils.

This is the difference between good programs and flashes in the pan.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

With all due respect, Spiff, I propose a thread title mod: instead of Suck it, Bobby Hurley it could be "Chuck it": Bobby Hurley.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bangkok Wildcat

dovecanyoncat wrote:With all due respect, Spiff, I propose a thread title mod: instead of Suck it, Bobby Hurley it could be "Chuck it": Bobby Hurley.
Please give Spiff a break....the title is perfect as it was originally and now stated. Suck it Bobby Hurley! :-)
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:With all due respect, Spiff, I propose a thread title mod: instead of Suck it, Bobby Hurley it could be "Chuck it": Bobby Hurley.
Please give Spiff a break....the title is perfect as it was originally and now stated. Suck it Bobby Hurley! :-)
I'm totally good with it as it stands. Suck it is as suck it does.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
prh

Post by prh »

ASU coach Bobby Hurley doesn't care for certain Arizona Wildcats fans on social media

https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blo ... cial-media" target="_blank
"I’m such a great guy. I’m such a low-key guy. I keep my composure on the sideline," he said. "They should love me, just like our fans do."
Article has all the quotes, but it's fun to listen to the video.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

prh wrote:ASU coach Bobby Hurley doesn't care for certain Arizona Wildcats fans on social media

"I’m such a great guy. I’m such a low-key guy. I keep my composure on the sideline," he said. "They should love me, just like our fans do."
he sounds very Trumpy
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

scumdevils86 wrote:
prh wrote:ASU coach Bobby Hurley doesn't care for certain Arizona Wildcats fans on social media

he sounds very Trumpy
Cue Machina with his reported post...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

he sounds very Trumpy
Cue Machina with his reported post...
yeah I guess haha. but it is true.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bobby blocked me years ago. Maybe he can unblock me cause he's so in love with everything now...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I keep my composure on the sideline.... :shock:
NYCat

Post by NYCat »