Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Waiting a month or two would have no effect on the ’19 recruiting class, and you admit our ’18 class is already fucked, so what’s the rush?

Oh, I get it. You’re hungry for blood...
Hungry for blood?? No, I'm just realistic. Waiting a month/two and not self sanctioning will surely mean sanctions in 2019/2020........with future recruiting classes destroyed. Waiting is death in this game.
Is there some guarantee that self-sanctioning next year will mean the NCAA won’t sanction us in future years? Nope.

Is there some guarantee that by firing Miller now we speed up an NCAA investigation that can’t even start until the FBI wraps up their own inquiry? Nope.
No there isnt.............but if we self sanction NOW those additional sanctions are likely to be far less brutal. Sacrificing the 2018 tourney and maybe the 2019 will, in the end, be far better than sitting out 2019/2020.......which will lead to another destroyed recruiting class.
NOW ...... as opposed to in mid-April? Six weeks is the difference between life and death for our program?

So thirsty...
Mid-April means at least one future year of sanctions if we don't take it now.........thats death in recruiting (which is the lifeblood of college BBall)
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

dmjcat wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:That's what Romar is in place for. If Miller decides it's in the programs and his best interest to step away, at least Romar is in place for the time being (as long as no connections with Fultz from reports). He's been a head coach in the conference and can hold his own. And since the '18 class is already doomed, why pay big bucks and search for a new coach when we aren't sure what the facts are. Romar coaches for a year, court cases finally start rolling in, and then we can finally see the facts start to come out.

Thats a little like knowing a Cat 5 Hurricane is coming right at you but you decide to stay in your house and hope it changes course.

The litigation could take YEARS.........in that time we will see multiple recruiting classes destroyed. The UA needs to act quickly and decisively. We need to put this disaster in our rear-view mirror as fast as possible.
Gotta think big picture here. It appears that this is way bigger than just CSM saving his ass/job. Lot of signs pointing to him possibly being someone who may be helping take this nasty business down. The timing of this and the sheer volume of daggers coming from the breaking news source really activates the nads. Even my wife commented on how hard Pasch and Walton were pushing it, how many different times bad Arizona news came up in just one ticker cycle, and the number of "coming up on sportscenter: Arizona scandal" transition bits they did. I know its big news, BUT, there are a ton of other bluebloods implicated too getting minimal attention. Dickey V is a man on a mission, Bilas went from well-thought attorney who considered Miller a clean guy to bring the pitchforks. Clearly an attorney should not get rock hard over anonymous (aka possibly made up) sources and would have been looking at a timeline and done some more digging before jumping to conclusions.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Olsondogg wrote:Mute on
Thats fine Odogg.........whats between your ears has been muted for a long, long, time :lol:
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

dmjcat wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
phxcat23 wrote:That's what Romar is in place for. If Miller decides it's in the programs and his best interest to step away, at least Romar is in place for the time being (as long as no connections with Fultz from reports). He's been a head coach in the conference and can hold his own. And since the '18 class is already doomed, why pay big bucks and search for a new coach when we aren't sure what the facts are. Romar coaches for a year, court cases finally start rolling in, and then we can finally see the facts start to come out.

Thats a little like knowing a Cat 5 Hurricane is coming right at you but you decide to stay in your house and hope it changes course.

The litigation could take YEARS.........in that time we will see multiple recruiting classes destroyed. The UA needs to act quickly and decisively. We need to put this disaster in our rear-view mirror as fast as possible.
Well the Cat 5 hurricane already came from the media shitstorm and supposed "leaks". The damage has been done. If you were a potential recruit or the parent of a recruit, even if we did hire a new coach, wouldn't you still be a bit apprehensive about the pending litigation and possible sanctions the NCAA could still impose. Even when the dust settles, the NCAA is not logical in their enforcement, and they can still punish future teams that don't even have players that were on the roster when all of this went down or any involvement in this whole ordeal.
Yes, I would be concerned if I were a parent of a kid looking at the UA. I would be a HELL of a lot MORE concerned if they didn't self sanction which almost inevitably guarantees that my kid IS going to suffer under future sanctions.

It should also be noted that the NCAA, in most cases, doesn't further punish schools that self sanction. The UA could also consult with the NCAA before self sanctioning to get their blessing.
By self-sanctioning we admit that we are guilty of wrong-doing, which at this point there is no hard evidence of anything. The FBI hasn't officially released anything in addition to the original stuff that happened months ago, and the NCAA doesn't have any of the FBI's information to go off of either. Also, if we were going to self-sanction, we should have done it from the beginning of the season when this all went down. I don't think sanctioning a few games and the tourney right now would please the NCAA at all in this case.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

rgdeuce wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Gotta think big picture here. It appears that this is way bigger than just CSM saving his ass/job. Lot of signs pointing to him possibly being someone who may be helping take this nasty business down. The timing of this and the sheer volume of daggers coming from the breaking news source really activates the nads. Even my wife commented on how hard Pasch and Walton were pushing it, how many different times bad Arizona news came up in just one ticker cycle, and the number of "coming up on sportscenter: Arizona scandal" transition bits they did. I know its big news, BUT, there are a ton of other bluebloods implicated too getting minimal attention. Dickey V is a man on a mission, Bilas went from well-thought attorney who considered Miller a clean guy to bring the pitchforks. Clearly an attorney should not get rock hard over anonymous (aka possibly made up) sources and would have been looking at a timeline and done some more digging before jumping to conclusions.
I hear what you are sayiing RG but I think it takes some serious rationalizing to believe that Miller is some sort of super secret double agent for the FBI. I will also point out that only a few Blue Bloods have been implicated in terms of Agent/Coaching contact.........most of the issues we know about thus far are about Agent/Player interactions. Self/Izzo/Rat Face haven't been recorded on wiretaps........at least not that we know of.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Sean miller wasn't on wire tap either when the fbi released info. He's on wire tap now????? Haven't heard them so I'm riding based off the info I have now.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I'm riding the Miller train til it departs Tucson. Ive seen what Miller built upon the already great thing that Lute built. Our teams win. We bring in guys who could be future hall of famers (Lauri and Ayton). Our arena is virtually unmatched. We bring in and pop out great kids. We are one of the NBA's favorite factories for smart players who defend and work hard. We just cant seem to get that one break deep in tournaments and we seemingly have a million things go against us every season.

No guarantees the next one will be a Sean Miller. In fact, the odds are greatly against it. And how many of those can u rule out as not being involved in the same "game" that so many are playing? Regardless, I dont think theres another person in this world that I would like to get back to a final four with.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Well just made my first tweets since 2015 to Parrish, TSNmike, Bilas and Zagoria
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

And why self sanction the ncaa isn't gonna do anything for years and Theres a good chance the ncaa will make some major changes at years end. Don't forget adidas is being investigated and we aren't adidas sponsored other programs are gonna take hits by playing ineligible players. Ride it out and win a natty
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

dmjcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

I hear what you are sayiing RG but I think it takes some serious rationalizing to believe that Miller is some sort of super secret double agent for the FBI. I will also point out that only a few Blue Bloods have been implicated in terms of Agent/Coaching contact.........most of the issues we know about thus far are about Agent/Player interactions. Self/Izzo/Rat Face haven't been recorded on wiretaps........at least not that we know of.
Difference between a double agent and someone who is "helping out." "Helpers" often end up on a witness stand. Defense attorneys look to "discredit" testimony and the character of who is giving it. A jury may not believe the testimony of one with poor character. I initially thought it was insane myself, but taking everything I've heard or read into account, that scenario is the one that makes the most sense to me.

As far as the other stuff, Michigan St is in deep in several areas and had their name pop up again. I get the others, but at this point i still think it shoulda been less "Arizona Arizona Arizona" and more "oh crap, college basketball is getting flipped upside down."
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

The exclusive focus on AZ is what continues to baffle. Meanwhile, it’s business as usual in Durham, Lexington, Lawrence, and East Lansing. Nothing to see here.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Frybry02 wrote:Well just made my first tweets since 2015 to Parrish, TSNmike, Bilas and Zagoria
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:
I tweeted 1 tweet at Mark and I have now been blocked!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Self sanctioning now would be so dumb, just so dumb

Anyone suggesting that would rather see Arizona burn then see us succeed
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Is there some guarantee that self-sanctioning next year will mean the NCAA won’t sanction us in future years? Nope.

Is there some guarantee that by firing Miller now we speed up an NCAA investigation that can’t even start until the FBI wraps up their own inquiry? Nope.
No there isnt.............but if we self sanction NOW those additional sanctions are likely to be far less brutal. Sacrificing the 2018 tourney and maybe the 2019 will, in the end, be far better than sitting out 2019/2020.......which will lead to another destroyed recruiting class.
NOW ...... as opposed to in mid-April? Six weeks is the difference between life and death for our program?

So thirsty...
Mid-April means at least one future year of sanctions if we don't take it now.........thats death in recruiting (which is the lifeblood of college BBall)
Why do you say this like it’s a fact when it’s nothing more than a vague feeling you have??

Please lord don’t let me end up in a foxhole with the likes of you. You’d have your white flag all ready to go before the first bullet was fired.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

Dio mio
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote: Dio mio

Yea people should start tweeting #DisneyboycottSchlabach

Maybe he'll get nervous and retract everything since the timeline is falling apart...his golden goose to an ESPY just laid a bunch of bird shit on his desk.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Is there some guarantee that self-sanctioning next year will mean the NCAA won’t sanction us in future years? Nope.

So thirsty...
Why do you say this like it’s a fact when it’s nothing more than a vague feeling you have??

Please lord don’t let me end up in a foxhole with the likes of you. You’d have your white flag all ready to go before the first bullet was fired.
Don't worry Chi, I showered this morning :lol: :lol: I'm not raising a white flag, I'm nuking the other bastard before he can get a shot off.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Beachcat97 wrote:The exclusive focus on AZ is what continues to baffle. Meanwhile, it’s business as usual in Durham, Lexington, Lawrence, and East Lansing. Nothing to see here.
Beach: None of the coaches in Durham/Lexington/Lawrence/East Lansing have been caught on tape (like Book). The accusations at these schools involve improper agent/player contact.................NOT coach/agent/recruit contact. BIG difference which quite a few posters want to casually overlook.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote: Dio mio
Schlabach going to be out of a job soon
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

"Don't poke the witch"
Beefcurtainsandwich

Post by Beefcurtainsandwich »

dmjcat wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
U.P. Zona Fan wrote:So this case is a full year out, any chance Miller sits out a year til he can talk/be vindicated (assuming he is under an nda and is complying with the fbi) and this is why he brought in Romar? A guy he can trust, good recruiter, serviceable head coach, people like him..... and then when the dust settles he has the option to come back. I mean is there a possibility that Miller's involvement with this goes back to the days of Book/Ace (PGU)? Well, he's either telling the truth or a sociopath.
This is possible but I would have to gravitate towards extremely improbable. I think Miller will be placed on paid administrative leave and Romar is our coach for the rest of the season. I think this will happen either tomorrow or early in the week. Even if Miller isn't fired I think he and the U of A will part ways in the best interests of both parties. At this point it actually might be the best scenario so the program can plan its future and move on. Whether Miller is guilty or not his reputation has already been irreparably damaged.
Agree this is the most likely outcome. AZ needs to:

1) Part ways with Miller ASAP
2) Proactively get the sanctions behind us (self sanction now)
3) Make a home-run hire (Beard/Cronin) (Eric Musselman is also a possibility)
Wow. Lost. Super fucking lost.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Mid-April means at least one future year of sanctions if we don't take it now.........thats death in recruiting (which is the lifeblood of college BBall)

Don't worry Chi, I showered this morning :lol: :lol: I'm not raising a white flag, I'm nuking the other bastard before he can get a shot off.
You’re asking the school to drop a bomb on itself in hopes that the bombs others hurl aren’t that destructive. So damn dumb.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I want Sean Miller on that fucking sideline on Thursday.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Merkin wrote:
Scheer has pushed all his chips to the center of the table
prh

Post by prh »

Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Whatever each person's views on Scheer, we should at least appreciate him not parroting this fabricated story like everyone else
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Olsondogg wrote:I want Sean Miller on that fucking sideline on Thursday.
To thunderous applause. And if a "fan" boos his introduction that "fan" is dragged out.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
And this is why people like dmjcat are just so fucking stupid. Not only is there no HARD evidence, there is absolutely, positively NO evidence at all of any wrongdoing on Miller's part. So calling for him to be fired, and calling on the University to self-sanction is just ridiculous.

I vote for the next (or previous) poster to call for Miller to be fired be banned from this board. People like that are the type than makes up a lynch mob.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

For all the crap we give Scheer, at least he's a voice of skepticism for Schlabach and others to clarify and stand by their reporting on this whole college hoops scandal

Yahoo wasn't publishing stories and pushing notifications out on their app until they released their story with the spreadsheets

Duke's lawyers would have already brought the entire company down if Yahoo ran a piece before the weekend saying "FBI Evidence captures Duke players receiving ineligible benefits"
Last edited by SteveKerrsStroke on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

247sports is reporting Az is likely to fight espn about the allegations. BEARDOWN
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The bad news guys is the court of public opinion has already convicted Miller. Unless something huge comes to light or their are some major “corrections” then his fate is sealed—even with the average Arizona basketball fan.
Beefcurtainsandwich

Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
A+
+
+
Beefcurtainsandwich

Olsondogg wrote:The bad news guys is the court of public opinion has already convicted Miller. Unless something huge comes to light or their are some major “corrections” then his fate is sealed—even with the average Arizona basketball fan.
Only if the powers at Arizona have no balls.
prh

Post by prh »

Olsondogg wrote:The bad news guys is the court of public opinion has already convicted Miller. Unless something huge comes to light or their are some major “corrections” then his fate is sealed—even with the average Arizona basketball fan.
The only people who matter are boosters, recruits, and locals, in that order. Boosters can be corralled and flipped. Recruits care about getting to the NBA and can be flipped. Locals, well that's what PR and Marketing are paid to handle. We can do it. Screw the rest of the country.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Eventually everyone has to show their cards. Miller hasn't folded his hand. I take that as he likes his cards.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Will be an interesting home crowd. You know there are plenty of gutless fans who won't show up or will boo.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

zonagrad wrote:
Will be an interesting home crowd. You know there are plenty of gutless fans who won't show up or will boo.
I'm willing to bet the opposite. A rabid fanbase unleashed, an angry team, and destroying competition througjlh the Final Four. Talk about a chip, perhapd we should be thanking ESPN?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BBQ wildcat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
And this is why people like dmjcat are just so fucking stupid. Not only is there no HARD evidence, there is absolutely, positively NO evidence at all of any wrongdoing on Miller's part. So calling for him to be fired, and calling on the University to self-sanction is just ridiculous.

I vote for the next (or previous) poster to call for Miller to be fired be banned from this board. People like that are the type than makes up a lynch mob.
Miller should be fired.

Come at me bro!

:mrgreen:
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

As soon as Arizona didn’t fire Miller right away, you knew something was up

Heeke and Robbins have shown they will fire someone quickly
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Alieberman wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
I tweeted 1 tweet at Mark and I have now been blocked!
My tweet is still up suggesting he was used like a condom...it has been retweeted but I have doubts it stands...
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Any chance the tape is actually andy miller and dawkins??? God damn that would be great
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Waiting a month or two would have no effect on the ’19 recruiting class, and you admit our ’18 class is already fucked, so what’s the rush?

Oh, I get it. You’re hungry for blood...
Hungry for blood?? No, I'm just realistic. Waiting a month/two and not self sanctioning will surely mean sanctions in 2019/2020........with future recruiting classes destroyed. Waiting is death in this game.
Is there some guarantee that self-sanctioning next year will mean the NCAA won’t sanction us in future years? Nope.

The way things look UA will be fighting hard for a birth in 19 and 20. UA has a good chance at a run this year. Right choice is to wait since nothing has been proven
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

azgreg wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Miller should be fired.

Come at me bro!

:mrgreen:
Don't tempt me, bro. You don't look that tough to me. :mrgreen:
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

I know it's probably been discussed already but why in the world would Miller be talking over the phone with 24-year old Dawkins about a player he ALREADY had signed to an LOI.

At best Schlabach didn't vet his story with the details and if that is the case it is going to come with severe consequences for a story of this magnitude.

It's shocking he is still tweeting at all about this now, he should be looking for an attorney.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

And even if the huge something does come to light America and history doesn't seem to treat whistle blowers well. I could see it going either way:

1. "Caught, cornered and corrupt college coach becomes Typhoid Mary to save his skin!"

2. "Within a corrupt D1 system one coach undertakes lonely crusade to help expose what everyone has ignored for decades!"

It could be just what makes Miller the ideal coach in the eyes of certain recruits and their parents. It could be just what turns them away. Risky. The cortisol levels in his system must be off the scale lately.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

BBQ wildcat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Good Grief..........if you can't handle an alternate point of view what are you doing posting on message boards???

Besides, did I say "Fire Miller"............I said "Part Ways"....which can be done amicably. If 97Cats is to be believed thats what Miller has planned all along anyway.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

dmjcat wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Good Grief..........if you can't handle an alternate point of view what are you doing posting on message boards???

Besides, did I say "Fire Miller"............I said "Part Ways"....which can be done amicably. If 97Cats is to be believed thats what Miller has planned all along anyway.
Where did '97 say this?

Also, even (when) vindicated, I see Miller leaving the college game aftee this year. He's done with this crap, the grind, recruiting. And has more than enough cash to take a 5 year break then decide where to coach next.