Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Chicat »

dmjcat has been on the self-sanction train since late September. That’s the hill he’s planted his flag on ..... and that he’s chosen to die on.

I’ll just be over here with the fans who have a little more courage.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat wrote:dmjcat has been on the self-sanction train since late September. That’s the hill he’s planted his flag on ..... and that he’s chosen to die on.

I’ll just be over here with the fans who have a little more courage.
The Marines: The Few, The Proud, The Dead :lol:
Last edited by dmjcat on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Good Grief..........if you can't handle an alternate point of view what are you doing posting on message boards???

Besides, did I say "Fire Miller"............I said "Part Ways"....which can be done amicably. If 97Cats is to be believed thats what Miller has planned all along anyway.
Where did '97 say this?

Also, even (when) vindicated, I see Miller leaving the college game aftee this year. He's done with this crap, the grind, recruiting. And has more than enough cash to take a 5 year break then decide where to coach next.
All said before the whole Trier & $100K fiasco broke BTW. 97 thought Miller was done.
97cats wrote:Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved
Postby 97cats » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:11 pm

97cats wrote:alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

if he does, he really is a Witch.
now is later and later is now, now -- we all might be looking down the barrel of the final hurrah, dudes.

only one thing left to do...
97cats wrote:i said earlier in September that I didn’t think Sean Miller would survive the scandal and everything that comes/came with that over the long term, and I still feel that way today.

plus when I hear the phrase(s) “fresh start” and “fatigued” and “stress”, etc. over and over and over again I perk up.
97cats wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Is there new info or is your current inclination an accumulation of the conditions surrounding things this year?
all the circumstances that you know of are the heaviest, the scandal took a ton of wind from the sails.

I have been told coach Miller on several occasions has alluded to a fresh start being a good thing...all this weighs heavily on it all, including family.

where there is smoke there is usually fire, he won’t leave just to leave, but I get the feeling (as do others I chat with) that this is the last run.
97cats wrote:
Alieberman wrote: '97-

You posted this right before the Trier news broke. (I'm gonna assume you knew about Trier before the rest of us)

Does your post have more to do with Miller's frustrations then the Bribery Scandal?
that post was made to point out a cumulative effect the stress and pressure that's accrued quickly over the years that finally crowned with the scandal and the real family tension that subsequently trailed thereafter.

in no way was my post triggered by the Alonzo news but serendipitously it turned out to be another tire to add to the fire thats been burning in Tucson for a few years now.

i dont want it, "but sometimes a fresh start is a good thing for everybody" -- still makes me glum to type and then read those words, much worse than hearing them.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Anyone who wants to fire Miller or self sanction over some hearsay should self ban themselves from the forum.
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Sign me up on Team Ride or Die if you still have a spot available. I think the team needs to come out next game and the rest of the season wearing all black unis. Time to embrace the Rowdy Roddy Piper roll. When the fans boo him in Vegas, Sean should scream “Come at me bro!”.
Last edited by ByJoveByJingle on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

This story is weird, in how Miller has now doubled down on his innocence and not yet been fired, Ayton said he took no money, the timing of the offer is way off, and the ESPN report is based on what the reporter heard what another person said he heard on the tapes.

Not saying the story is fake news and all, BUT, at this point, it's POSSIBLE Sean Miller is being drug under the bus here innocently. He could be a lying swarm, sure, but why would he be directly talking on the phone about giving Ayton $100k when we all know this payoff stuff is done by middlemen (the Book case). If the ESPN article had said Coach K was supposedly heard on tape offering Bagley $100k, we'd all be saying why in the heck would Coach K be directly on the phone offering money to players and who knows if ESPN would have run the story without further sources to corroborate. No difference with Sean...that's what is so weird about this, why would Sean directly be on the phone talking about paying a player directly through him, when he had already signed him?
Last edited by TheGreatCatsby on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WildcatStunner wrote:Anyone who wants to fire Miller or self sanction over some hearsay should self ban themselves from the forum.
Ban them to a sub forum called “Sackless Cowards and Closet ASU Fans”.
ByJoveByJingle wrote:Sign me up on Team Ride or Die if you still have a spot available. I think the team needs to come out next game and the rest of the season wearing all black unis. Time to embrace the Rowdy Roddy Piper roll. When the fans boo him in Vegas, he should scream “Come at me bro!”.
Always room BJ. Welcome back from the wilderness.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:Anyone who wants to fire Miller or self sanction over some hearsay should self ban themselves from the forum.
No, they should "self ban" themselves to “Sackless Cowards and Closet ASU Fans”. That way, maybe they can avoid someone else putting them there, which would be without Hank's rectitude and rectum.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:Sign me up on Team Ride or Die if you still have a spot available. I think the team needs to come out next game and the rest of the season wearing all black unis. Time to embrace the Rowdy Roddy Piper roll. When the fans boo him in Vegas, he should scream “Come at me bro!”.
Always room BJ. Welcome back from the wilderness.
That's a subtle solution Chi, sorta like extraordinary rendition: an alt-ban.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
walk-on-wildcat

BJBJ? It must be like 3am there!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Sign me up on Team Ride or Die if you still have a spot available. I think the team needs to come out next game and the rest of the season wearing all black unis. Time to embrace the Rowdy Roddy Piper roll. When the fans boo him in Vegas, Sean should scream “Come at me bro!”.
walk-on-wildcat

I wish I can give out rep!
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

NYCat wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Good Grief..........if you can't handle an alternate point of view what are you doing posting on message boards???

Besides, did I say "Fire Miller"............I said "Part Ways"....which can be done amicably. If 97Cats is to be believed thats what Miller has planned all along anyway.
Where did '97 say this?

Also, even (when) vindicated, I see Miller leaving the college game aftee this year. He's done with this crap, the grind, recruiting. And has more than enough cash to take a 5 year break then decide where to coach next.
All said before the whole Trier & $100K fiasco broke BTW. 97 thought Miller was done.
97cats wrote:Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved
Postby 97cats » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:11 pm

97cats wrote:alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.

if he does, he really is a Witch.
now is later and later is now, now -- we all might be looking down the barrel of the final hurrah, dudes.

only one thing left to do...
97cats wrote:i said earlier in September that I didn’t think Sean Miller would survive the scandal and everything that comes/came with that over the long term, and I still feel that way today.

plus when I hear the phrase(s) “fresh start” and “fatigued” and “stress”, etc. over and over and over again I perk up.
97cats wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Is there new info or is your current inclination an accumulation of the conditions surrounding things this year?
all the circumstances that you know of are the heaviest, the scandal took a ton of wind from the sails.

I have been told coach Miller on several occasions has alluded to a fresh start being a good thing...all this weighs heavily on it all, including family.

where there is smoke there is usually fire, he won’t leave just to leave, but I get the feeling (as do others I chat with) that this is the last run.
97cats wrote:
Alieberman wrote: '97-

You posted this right before the Trier news broke. (I'm gonna assume you knew about Trier before the rest of us)

Does your post have more to do with Miller's frustrations then the Bribery Scandal?
that post was made to point out a cumulative effect the stress and pressure that's accrued quickly over the years that finally crowned with the scandal and the real family tension that subsequently trailed thereafter.

in no way was my post triggered by the Alonzo news but serendipitously it turned out to be another tire to add to the fire thats been burning in Tucson for a few years now.

i dont want it, "but sometimes a fresh start is a good thing for everybody" -- still makes me glum to type and then read those words, much worse than hearing them.
Thanks man.

Yeah, definitely can't blame him. 9 years is a great run in this era. Not getting a Final Four vs Wisconsin. Damn, 97 said we needes that or he likely leaves. Things have gone downhill since. 97 was right.

Nothing but respect for CSM and support him through this entire mess.

Question is, does he leave the program better than when he found it? Hell yeah he does, proved we're not a one Lute pony.

Only one way to go out, Final Four.

Then likely the Romar rebuild begins.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

No rep for us!
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

walk-on-wildcat wrote:BJBJ? It must be like 3am there!
Yo dude!

No, I’m in Brooklyn . . . for now.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I’m on the ride or die with Miller train. I can’t just pretend the last 9 years didn’t happen, when the whole basis for this shitstorm feels dubious at best, slanderous at worst.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Not the biggest Sean Miller fan as we all know but until there is real proof I am on the ride or die train. I hope to see him Thursday and make a big fuck you statement to the remaining teams we play this year. With Trier hopefully
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Something that occurred to me, talking about the Yahoo report on the spreadsheet of payments means talking about a competitor breaking the news. Talking about Miller meant you were talking about your own reporter and hyping the night game. Would make sense why they went all crazy over one story vs everything else that broke that day.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This shit must be serious.

ByJove, KillerVibe and WOW are back.

Waiting for the others to show up for the funeral....
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

This!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote:This shit must be serious.

Still waiting for Officer Craig to show up posting Asian dudes and hot chicks.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Gilbertcat wrote:Something that occurred to me, talking about the Yahoo report on the spreadsheet of payments means talking about a competitor breaking the news. Talking about Miller meant you were talking about your own reporter and hyping the night game. Would make sense why they went all crazy over one story vs everything else that broke that day.
OR, a more sinister reason to deflect from that Yahoo report, which went completely overshadowed by the Miller allegations. Don't think tjere isn't a "deep state" in COLLEGE HOOPS.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gilbertcat wrote:Something that occurred to me, talking about the Yahoo report on the spreadsheet of payments means talking about a competitor breaking the news. Talking about Miller meant you were talking about your own reporter and hyping the night game. Would make sense why they went all crazy over one story vs everything else that broke that day.
And then Pasch asked Walton about it for 2.5 hours while all these slick pre-produced graphics detailing our issues and the allegations rolled across the screen.

Hit Job
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Merkin wrote:
Alieberman wrote:This shit must be serious.

Still waiting for Officer Craig to show up posting Asian dudes and hot chicks.
Ahhh . . . good times. Anything happen while I was gone? {Just kidding, I was watching you crazy bastards the whole time}
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Chicat wrote:
And then Pasch asked Walton about it for 2.5 hours while all these slick pre-produced graphics detailing our issues and the allegations rolled across the screen.

Hit Job
Honestly after the Vitale hysterics, I thought Pasch in particular was relatively even-handed. And I hate that guy.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

So, what will happen this week? Tomorrow, actually.

Ayton appears clear of any suspension, strongly reinforced by the outside legal counsel's unequivocal statement.

Trier appears subject to the ass-dragging NCAA. Either a new, clean test, or acknowledgement that nothing has changed since the NCAA cleared him should be sufficient grounds to reinstate him.

Seems that Miller's status is still ambiguous. Will both he and the U mutually agree that he continues to step aside pending some as not yet specified change of status? Is Saturday's arrangement only absence from gametime sidelines, or more, such as some or all coaching duties?

What if they disagree on this arrangement?
Last edited by pc in NM on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

:lol:
Last edited by NYCat on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
walk-on-wildcat

All we need is Gato to come down and post one last time...
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:

Hit Job
I particularly liked the permanent graphic above the score stating Trier was suspended. Has anyone ever seen this done before? It was literally there for 90% of the game
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

Alieberman wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Hit Job
I particularly liked the permanent graphic above the score stating Trier was suspended. Has anyone ever seen this done before? It was literally there for 90% of the game
Well it at least alternated between Trier suspended and Ayton is eligible. Like WTF are you showing a graphic that says someone is eligible? I guess same reason they kept saying during the game "Ayton is eligible" -- yeah he's on the damn court right now
walk-on-wildcat

And Lauren is even giving this guy shit. It kinda feels like a reunion Ari.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

UAEebs86 wrote:
So, where are those "admissions"? Certainly not in the linked tweet
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

pc in NM wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Charged defendants means Dawkins, since it was a wiretap of Miller & Dawkins. Miller isn't charged with anything, and well he wouldn't leak that. Although I don't how that says Schlabach never heard the tapes, other than the tape being sealed.
Last edited by NYCat on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

So whadda we got here?

The Manafort investigation has at least 5 guilty pleas already...

The Kim investigation has dropped charges on one part of the case and no guilty pleas anywhere else...Book is scheduled to go to trial in Sept of 2019 about a year and a half away...

They supposedly raided Sean Millers house, yet he is not indicted, they supposedly have him on a wiretap talking about taking payments (which would be a crime of conspiracy to commit fraud US code 18 section 371) even though the "leaked" info has a completely bogus timeline...they DO have evidence enough to bring charges against Book Richardson and he has been relieved of duties but maintains his innocence and has not made a plea deal to turn on Miller or anyone else...he has entered a "Not guilty" plea and will go to trial.

Ayton/family were supposedly paid to bring him to the UA, but several law-types including the FBI/NCAA/Pac-12/UA have all signed off on him and he has been consistent in more than one interview...

We do know that Dawkins the main target in the FBI investigation has not always told the truth, or if he has there is no evidence that verifies his claims at least not yet.

A list of names and $ supposedly paid to players/recruits has been vetted and found lacking in several University programs...

So far nothing in the leaked documents has proven to be substantially true but the inclination has been that everyone just assume its true and accept it as evidence, which if actually leaked from the FBI case becomes a felony because there is a gag order on the case.

If I take all the data and add it up it spells bullshit.

It does smell possible but thats because someones bull has not been house trained...

Sensible people do not act on rumors, but children often do.

I'm willing to wait and let the adults handle this.

ESPN is a child. Schlamabach is a child.Yahoo sports is a child. Bilas/Vitale/et al are children.

Anyone acting on a rumor needs to be placed in a time out and told to STFU.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

So his source is Dawkins, a criminal?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I've said it before, my daughter a DA writes wiretaps, they must be renewed every 10 days before a judge because believe it or not the USA legal system still has laws in place to protect our privacy...

Everytime they come before a judge evidence must be presented to convince a judge to invade another persons privacy and continue the tap...in other words there must be a continuous flow of evidence or a judge does not renew it.

Once the wiretap is removed the prosecutors (including the FBI) have at MAXIMUM 30 days to inform ALL people who were on the wiretap, failure to inform vacates the evidence.

Sean Miller has known he was on a wiretap, if indeed he was since the day the FBI went public with the case...at that point they are submitting evidence to bring a case and the wiretap has been removed.

For Miller to suggest he will be vindicated when he LEGALLY has known if he was on a wiretap means he either has the biggest baddest balls in America or he knows he did nothing incriminating.

Pick one or both I don't care.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

NYCat wrote:
pc in NM wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Charged defendants means Dawkins, since it was a wiretap of Miller & Dawkins. Miller isn't charged with anything, and well he wouldn't leak that. Although I don't how that says Schlabach never heard the tapes.
Wouldn't all charged defendents have access to that material?

The leak could conceivably have come from many sources, it seems to me.

FBI staff performed the taping, and prepared the evidence for attorneys...

Federal attny staff had to process this (it was that level that ostensibly made a decision not to charge Miller based specifically of the wiretaps - looks like discussing payments only NCAA violation, not a crime; actually making payments seems to be their criminal threshold)

And the defendants, their legal counsel and others could have heard recordings or seen transcripts...

A lot of people, and a variety of possible motivations....

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Hit Job
Honestly after the Vitale hysterics, I thought Pasch in particular was relatively even-handed. And I hate that guy.
Except he kept going back to it time after time. Maybe he was hoping Walton would take a fatal dose of mescaline on live national television to show how aggrieved and depressed he was.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So how are looking tonight? 60/40 he gets fired? 70/30?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

pc in NM wrote:
NYCat wrote:
pc in NM wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Charged defendants means Dawkins, since it was a wiretap of Miller & Dawkins. Miller isn't charged with anything, and well he wouldn't leak that. Although I don't how that says Schlabach never heard the tapes.
Wouldn't all charged defendents have access to that material?

The leak could conceivably have come from many sources, it seems to me.

FBI staff performed the taping, and prepared the evidence for attorneys...

Federal attny staff had to process this (it was that level that ostensibly made a decision not to charge Miller based specifically of the wiretaps - looks like discussing payments only NCAA violation, not a crime; actually making payments seems to be their criminal threshold)

And the defendants, their legal counsel and others could have heard recordings or seen transcripts...

A lot of people, and a variety of possible motivations....
Not exactly...each defendant is a separate charge and separate evidence and since the cases are separate the evidence to each defendant would be solely his crimes related...in other words Book is not getting evidence on Dawkins and vice versa, especially on a sealed case...

This leak can only come from the Dawkins team.

Now we need to ask why they would leak this specific evidence...?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

The timeline about Ayton is curious. The phone call in question took place after Ayton signed. So what would this payment have secured? Was Ayton considering foregoing college and playing overseas for a year? And the $100k payment kept him in college? We need some context here and ESPN provided none. If the nature of the call was about a bidding war between schools to secure Ayton, then the timeline makes no sense.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I've said it before, my daughter a DA writes wiretaps, they must be renewed every 10 days before a judge because believe it or not the USA legal system still has laws in place to protect our privacy...

Everytime they come before a judge evidence must be presented to convince a judge to invade another persons privacy and continue the tap...in other words there must be a continuous flow of evidence or a judge does not renew it.

Once the wiretap is removed the prosecutors (including the FBI) have at MAXIMUM 30 days to inform ALL people who were on the wiretap, failure to inform vacates the evidence.

Sean Miller has known he was on a wiretap, if indeed he was since the day the FBI went public with the case...at that point they are submitting evidence to bring a case and the wiretap has been removed.

For Miller to suggest he will be vindicated when he LEGALLY has known if he was on a wiretap means he either has the biggest baddest balls in America or he knows he did nothing incriminating.

If Miller was guilty, don't you think he should of been arrested when Book was?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote:A lot of people, and a variety of possible motivations....
What are the motivations of the FBI and prosecutors?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad wrote:The timeline about Ayton is curious. The phone call in question took place after Ayton signed. So what would this payment have secured? Was Ayton considering foregoing college and playing overseas for a year? And the $100k payment kept him in college? We need some context here and ESPN provided none. If the nature of the call was about a bidding war between schools to secure Ayton, then the timeline makes no sense.
And you’d think Europe would pay more than $100k, and in the form of legal income.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Lets not forget the reason this is a sealed (gag order) case, it is because the FBI has said it is an ongoing investigation...

There is a possibility that Miller WILL be indicted if money changed hands or the FBI decides he was in on a conspiracy to defraud the University...

IF THE WIRETAPS HAVE MILLER NEGOTIATING $...

I expect him to be charged by the Feds...but I doubt he would claim he was going to be vindicated if he thought he was possibly going to be charged and knew he was on tape...

It isn't simply violating NCAA rules to pay for a recruit its conspiracy to commit fraud against the UA by allowing the University to grant a scholarship to a student who could financially afford to come...THAT is part of the razors edge that the FBI is walking...

The FBI has never tried or even implied they were interested in NCAA rules, they have absolutely no standing there since it is a private organization, their case has always been defending the Universities because they receive Federal funds and employees cannot defraud them.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I've said it before, my daughter a DA writes wiretaps, they must be renewed every 10 days before a judge because believe it or not the USA legal system still has laws in place to protect our privacy...

Sorry if I'm a bonehead and missing something, so walk me through this. Don't we need to know the date the wiretap was removed, to which we add 30 days, in order to know the earliest possible date when Miller would have known he was being tapped? How does that square up with the timeline?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Chicat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:The timeline about Ayton is curious. The phone call in question took place after Ayton signed. So what would this payment have secured? Was Ayton considering foregoing college and playing overseas for a year? And the $100k payment kept him in college? We need some context here and ESPN provided none. If the nature of the call was about a bidding war between schools to secure Ayton, then the timeline makes no sense.
And you’d think Europe would pay more than $100k, and in the form of legal income.
Exactly. What did Brandon Jennings earn? None of it makes sense.