Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Olsondogg »

NYCat wrote:Pretty much the meat of the 247 article. Timeline doesn't make sense and ESPNs corrections make even less sense.
On Friday, ESPN reported that FBI wiretaps intercepted calls between Arizona head coach Sean Miller and former ASM sports associate Christian Dawkins, “in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman DeAndre Ayton signed with the Wildcats.” During a TV report, ESPN said that the phone call took place in the spring of 2017. The network then issued a correction, stating that the phone call between Miller and Dawkins took place in the spring of 2016. ESPN then corrected its first correction, stating that the phone call between Miller and Dawkins took place in the year 2016, removing the "spring" designation.

But the timeline doesn't add up.

A source told 247Sports that Dawkins (who had his phone tapped by the FBI) and Miller had calls intercepted between the timeframe of June 19 of 2017, through Sept. 25.

Sources say that the U.S. Attorney's office notified multiple parties who had conversations with Dawkins that their phone calls had been recorded specifically during the dates of June 19, 2017 and Sept. 25, 2017.
I'm still leaning to my earlier theory that Dawkins & Miller had conversation(s) in which Dawkins offered the money to Miller to get Ayton to sign with Dawkins. A Dawkins/Miller conversation happened in which $100k was discussed to secure Ayton. Schlabach's single source lied to him or misled him by being vague.
Vague as in not telling Schalbach that Miller said No.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

This is amazing, 10 minutes into the Texas Kansas game, Vitale has not mentioned Miller, nor the allegations of the Yahoo report.

You don't think what goes on here matters? They are silenced.

They've been told not to talk about this at all.

2 days after breaking regular programming and non stop coverage, it's like the story never happened...

Sight to be seen.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Olsondogg wrote:
NYCat wrote:Pretty much the meat of the 247 article. Timeline doesn't make sense and ESPNs corrections make even less sense.
On Friday, ESPN reported that FBI wiretaps intercepted calls between Arizona head coach Sean Miller and former ASM sports associate Christian Dawkins, “in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman DeAndre Ayton signed with the Wildcats.” During a TV report, ESPN said that the phone call took place in the spring of 2017. The network then issued a correction, stating that the phone call between Miller and Dawkins took place in the spring of 2016. ESPN then corrected its first correction, stating that the phone call between Miller and Dawkins took place in the year 2016, removing the "spring" designation.

A source told 247Sports that Dawkins (who had his phone tapped by the FBI) and Miller had calls intercepted between the timeframe of June 19 of 2017, through Sept. 25.

Sources say that the U.S. Attorney's office notified multiple parties who had conversations with Dawkins that their phone calls had been recorded specifically during the dates of June 19, 2017 and Sept. 25, 2017.
I'm still leaning to my earlier theory that Dawkins & Miller had conversation(s) in which Dawkins offered the money to Miller to get Ayton to sign with Dawkins. A Dawkins/Miller conversation happened in which $100k was discussed to secure Ayton. Schlabach's single source lied to him or misled him by being vague.
Vague as in not telling Schalbach that Miller said No.
He would have said "No, motherfucker!"
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Deleted my link to ESPN. Not watching SportsCenter anymore. I'll give in and watch the channel only if the 'Cats are on, that's it.

Story on timeline not lining up is at the top of the feed on CBSSports.com.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

NBC running the 24/7 report:

https://twitter.com/newyscruggs/status/ ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank

Some blue checkmarks promoting
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I really don't give a f*** what Vitale and Bilas and Greenberg say or don't say from here forward. They've done their damage, and it can't be undone.

All that matters now is the ABOR. Their reading of things will determine Miller's and the program's future.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Seriously, Vitale and commentator, and the entire broadcast, not one mention or hint of any scandal.

Like it never fucking happened.

This is amazing.

Must watch folks.
Last edited by Bosy Billups on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Olsondogg wrote: Vague as in not telling Schalbach that Miller said No.
Well that would've been obvious since they didn't arrest Miller for taking a bribe like Book and others.

But no, vague as in telling Schlabach that Miller & Dawkins discussed $100k payment to help land Ayton. But either willingly or conveniently leaving out the money was offered to Miller to help push Ayton to sign with Dawkins when hiring an agent.
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Though this could be a possibility, I still think Miller doesn't directly handle the money. Also ESPN states "finish their agreement"....I see how you could interpret that as possible agreement to pay Miller, but 100k to Miller when Dawkins doesn't even know at the time if Ayton will go through them, and hasn't been a player for high profile recruits doesn't seem likely.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Bosy Billups wrote:This is amazing, 10 minutes into the Texas Kansas game, Vitale has not mentioned Miller, nor the allegations of the Yahoo report.

2 days after breaking regular programming and non stop coverage, it's like the story never happened...

Sight to be seen.
My gut feeling is the UA/Ayton Lawyer/Miller legal or someone with standing contacted them with a cease and desist threat or even the FBI called and said "We would like to speak with Mark Schlamabach Immediately"...

A call from the FBI would explain Schlamamabananahammocks silence...
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Although not related, Duke lost.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Here we go Boyzzzz.... :shock:

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/96 ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

phxcat23 wrote:Although not related, Duke lost.
And Bagley played.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

One more thing Vitale won't be talking about!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Here's the New Miller Timeline:

1-ESPN claims Miller is caught in FBI wiretrap
2-ESPN talking heads go apeshit calling for Miller's head
3- Arizona fanboys crack holes in ESPN story
4- ESPN try's to change story
5- ESPN goes mysteriously silent
6- Media outlets start to trickle out info that AZ fanboys have been yelling from rooftops for 24 hours

I have no doubt we made this happen
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alieberman wrote:Here's the New Miller Timeline:

1-ESPN claims Miller is caught in FBI wiretrap
2-ESPN talking heads go apeshit calling for Miller's head
3- Arizona fanboys crack holes in ESPN story
4- ESPN try's to change story
5- ESPN goes mysteriously silent
6- Media outlets start to trickle out info that AZ fanboys have been yelling from rooftops for 24 hours

I have no doubt we made this happen
So great, Alie. :lol: Keep it coming.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Dicky dick vitale wanted Dr Robbins to respond??????
Hope he liked the legal response his team sent that shitty network.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

I have tweeted more in the last 24 hours than in my previous 41 years combined.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

'97, does Miller know we have his back, online, etc. Even though he's not on Twitter? Do people tell him what's hapoening you think? Not that he cares at this point...
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ESPN cucked, fucked, gagged and bagged by BearDownWildcats fanboys. Butthurt much?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Hey is the sportcenter with Jamel hill and some guy still on?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bosy Billups wrote:Here we go Boyzzzz.... :shock:

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/96 ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
I'm just one man and.I only use Facebook, but why not push this article?

Like I said, the truth should be the goal, and the ESPN article isn't exactly pregnant with depth and corroboration.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Bosy Billups wrote:'97, does Miller know we have his back, online, etc. Even though he's not on Twitter? Do people tell him what's hapoening you think? Not that he cares at this point...
He does. He posts here. he goes by the handle PHXCATS.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

phenom5 wrote:I have tweeted more in the last 24 hours than in my previous 41 years combined.
I joined twitter in 2011. I just checked and I now have a total of 97 tweets (coincidence?) 24 hours ago I probably had about 40.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Whazzat ya say ESPN?

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:This is amazing, 10 minutes into the Texas Kansas game, Vitale has not mentioned Miller, nor the allegations of the Yahoo report.

Sight to be seen.
My gut feeling is the UA/Ayton Lawyer/Miller legal or someone with standing contacted them with a cease and desist threat or even the FBI called and said "We would like to speak with Mark Schlamabach Immediately"...

A call from the FBI would explain Schlamamabananahammocks silence...
Very astute, I could see anyone of those things happening, and especially the FBI calling and dangling charges of, wait for it, obstruction of justice if schlabach continues to press his shitty false story.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:'97, does Miller know we have his back, online, etc. Even though he's not on Twitter? Do people tell him what's hapoening you think? Not that he cares at this point...
He has a major self-loathing complex, then.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

phenom5 wrote:I have tweeted more in the last 24 hours than in my previous 41 years combined.
I didn't tweet for 3 years until yesterday. 8-) I was shocked when DeCourcy replied to my tweet.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

As odogg said before... frothing at the mouth
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Halftime at ESPN, not one word about UA/Miller/Ayton...these asshats got served, no other explanation...
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I do wish the 247 article did name some of their sources though.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Halftime at ESPN, not one word about UA/Miller/Ayton...these asshats got served, no other explanation...
Damn straight they did. Lawyer up bitches.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This should be good news for seeing Miller on the sidelines.

Fit them with a muzzle.

Solid job gents!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

phxcat23 wrote:Although not related, Duke lost.
So they moved up to a 1-seed now, right?

The silence from ESPN is deafening. So that's what a neutered broadcasting company sounds like.
Last edited by zonagrad on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

azgreg wrote:
Oh, so that's what PHX stands for... "PHilly eXpats"
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Frybry02 wrote:I do wish the 247 article did name some of their sources though.
I’m conflicted, Someone brought up a very good point...a ton of focus is currently on the shoddy reporting done by ESPN and the timelines; but no one is really coming to bat to say that Miller is innocent, just that the timelines don’t match.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:I do wish the 247 article did name some of their sources though.
I’m conflicted, Someone brought up a very good point...a ton of focus is currently on the shoddy reporting done by ESPN and the timelines; but no one is really coming to bat to say that Miller is innocent, just that the timelines don’t match.
If the 24/7 timeline is right, the ESPN report is essentially false b/c Miller could not be on a wire before Ayton committed. That opens the door to other possibilities.

And look, everyone's paying. No one's innocent. Just not getting caught would put us back with the Kansases or Miamis.
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

I didn’t follow the detailed of the September arrests, but I thought Dawkins was paying Book. Miller paying Dawkins would be a strange turn.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Dickhead V is sorta praising Lute Olsons team for beating 3 #1 seeds to win Natty...its like he realizes he stepped in shit and walked across a fan base that will rub his short sighted face in it and make him shit outside...

BAD DICKIE BAD OUTSIDE!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Hopefully some actual news comes out soon
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I think there is little doubt that Sean Miller is on a tape talking to Dawkins that of course makes us all uncomfortable, but we also have the UA saying NO AGENTS were at the practices so here's what we have:

Sean Miller on the phone with a known blowhard with no scruples...

What we do not know is the content or context of those recordings, but we do know this much, it is not incriminating enough for Miller to be indicted and frankly without that not even the NCAA can act on it without stepping into some sort of legal jeopardy...a rumor of payment deals talked about without actual evidence is not enough to sanction.

As much as I like to believe the narrative that the NCAA is rogue and arbitrary, they are a fucking committee made up of a LOT of University presidents and others with legal eagles on call at all times...they move slowly so as to protect their fragile hold on the 501C tax exempt status and will avoid litigation that drags them into the spotlight...

If Miller/et al managed to silence ESPN's rogue article there is enough substance to his innocence to talk about litigation against the NCAA...

It doesn't matter what the truth is now, what matters is what can or cannot be proven in a court of law.

Sealed court wiretaps cannot be used in a different case, it borders on illegal search and seizure and wiretap laws are written to protect 4th amendment rules.

So these wiretaps will not be available for anyone until the judge hits the final gavel on Dawkins.

The issue for us is the board of regents and if they stand behind Miller or not.

Dave Heek is too new it will be a committee that decides EVERYTHING from here on out.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Seth Greenburg getting the regrets ready!!

https://art19.com/shows/zach-clark-inst ... pe=artwork" target="_blank

Wow, loyalty doesn't work like that, you lost Miller as a friend for life I believe
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Dickhead V is sorta praising Lute Olsons team for beating 3 #1 seeds to win Natty...its like he realizes he stepped in shit and walked across a fan base that will rub his short sighted face in it and make him shit outside...

BAD DICKIE BAD OUTSIDE!
Never forget

And people should keep tweeting them and get them to break their cease and desist with regards to uofa and Miller. They think we are idiots with short memory.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Not sure if already posted, but ABOR is meeting tomorrow and will probably issue a statement. Miller is also being held out of all team activities until a decision has been made.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Sweatin’
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:Not sure if already posted, but ABOR is meeting tomorrow and will probably issue a statement. Miller is also being held out of all team activities until a decision has been made.
not sure if good or bad?
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Some random thoughts:

ESPN - the silence and passive edits to their story make me believe they know something isn't right with the story.

Miller - as others have noted, his absence today is no surprise. Given all the shit going on with Arizona athletics in general, it is very prudent they get this right.

Also, I went to Penn State. The NCAA buried us in 2012 and we won the Big 10 in 2016. It took smart coaching hires and a head coach/staff who recruit their balls off. Arizona basketball will be fine, my guess is the NCAA will go after the coaches to help 'clean' things up.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bosy Billups wrote:Seth Greenburg getting the regrets ready!!

https://art19.com/shows/zach-clark-inst ... pe=artwork" target="_blank

Wow, loyalty doesn't work like that, you lost Miller as a friend for life I believe
Never forget.

Here you have a coach not afraid to call a timeout against UCLA in the pac 12 tourney to rub their noses in it.

He or us arnt forgetting this.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The ABOR is so gonna fuck us. They never miss a chance