Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

phxcat23

Re: Sean Miller

Post by phxcat23 »

I'm hoping the extra time is to get all their ducks in a row, then lay it all down at once proving that the ESPN claim was completely wrong, and making sure any loose ends are tied up (as much as they can be with the information that is available) so the public is informed correctly.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

More of a plan moving forward so everyone's on the same page. If another shit storm comes they just have a unified response so they don't have to do this again till after the year is over.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Oh man. So if they’re waiting, that’s better?
The less ABOR, the better. In terms of the situation, they're the body most likely to knee jerk this.

More time means more actual information. If actual information isn't good for Miller, he shouldn't be here to begin with.
Does more time mean miller is on the bench Thursday? You’d think the university has to come out with something concrete before then.

Also does more time mean that the sun city olds and asu partisans on the ABOR need to be won over?
Also, I would be super happy if more time means a certain item(s) is on the way and that it will completely blow up the ESPN report. That would be the absolute best case.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hey, if you're not on the edge of your seat all day every day trying to muster patience about off-the-court issues that threaten to crush all hope, then you're not a fan of Arizona basketball. Watching games and stuff like that is for fans of other programs.

Watching games is just something we do on the side, between extensive worry sessions that overtake our lives. We're in this for pizza sanctions, drunk driving players, off-kilter interim coaches, sequences of season-killing injuries, obscure banned substances you've never heard of, mysterious relapses of metabolites from obscure banned substances you've never heard of, assistant coaches caught taking cash to steer players, and breaking stories of impossible chronologies that establish your head coach as the worst offender of the darkest side of recruiting.

We don't ask whether we'll make the tourney. We just ask who will be eligible to play in the tourney, and who will coach us when we're there.

This is... this is... this is... Arizona Basketball.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Longhorned wrote:Hey, if you're not on the edge of your seat all day every day trying to muster patience about off-the-court issues that threaten to crush all hope, then you're not a fan of Arizona basketball. Watching games and stuff like that is for fans of other programs.

Watching games is just something we do on the side, between extensive worry sessions that overtake our lives. We're in this for pizza sanctions, drunk driving players, off-kilter interim coaches, sequences of season-killing injuries, obscure banned substances you've never heard of, mysterious relapses of metabolites from obscure banned substances you've never heard of, assistant coaches caught taking cash to steer players, and breaking stories of impossible chronologies that establish your head coach as the worst offender of the darkest side of recruiting.

We don't ask whether we'll make the tourney. We just ask who will be eligible to play in the tourney, and who will coach us when we're there.

+100,000 rep
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ROFLMAO longhorned
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Good stuff. Why watch reality TV? We're Arizona basketball fans.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Hey, if you're not on the edge of your seat all day every day trying to muster patience about off-the-court issues that threaten to crush all hope, then you're not a fan of Arizona basketball. Watching games and stuff like that is for fans of other programs.

+100,000 rep

Yep. King Status Post.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

And not once mention of the refs...TURRIBLE, TURRIBLE I TELL YA!
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

My guess...the decision has been made. Miller asked for the delay to give Stanford 2 coaches to have to prep for.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

phenom5 wrote:My guess...the decision has been made. Miller asked for the delay to give Stanford 2 coaches to have to prep for.
:lol:
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

I see absolutely no freaking way CSM’s legal team allows him to pass over as much as a water bill unless it’s towards the larger goal of his exoneration in front of those who control his job. They sure as fuck aren’t going to let him do it if he’s going to be in any sort of spat with the FBI and to that end even the NCAA and any other compliance officials.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh and one more thing...(cut to black screen) Bear Down!

(Great post LH!)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

My eyes hurt and my right thumb is sore from all the phone scrolling I’ve done the past 4 days...
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

It is very telling that ESPN has not posted one follow-up article on Miller. They “broke” this massive story about the alleged corrupt actions of one of the biggest coaches in college basketball at one of the biggest programs, and now they have completely distanced themselves from the story they broke without any follow-up details.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

midnightx wrote:It is very telling that ESPN has not posted one follow-up article on Miller. They “broke” this massive story about the alleged corrupt actions of one of the biggest coaches in college basketball at one of the biggest programs, and now they have completely distanced themselves from the story they broke without any follow-up details.
Not to mention that Schlabach (writer who broke the story) is a frequent Twitter user & hasn't posted in two days. Hopefully it's not a health issue?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

We need to make a video of this with different people from this board reading different lines and they can play it before home ganes.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Given the circumstances and the damage being done to university and coach Miller any chance the FBI is involved to try and clear his name ?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Since a lot of my day is spent revising written policy, may I suggest the following additions, an open-source document of sorts?

Hey, if you're not on the edge of your seat all day every day trying to muster patience about off-the-court issues that threaten to crush all hope, then you're not a fan of Arizona basketball. Watching games and stuff like that is for fans of other programs.

Watching games is just something we do on the side, between extensive worry sessions that overtake our lives. We're in this for pizza sanctions, drunk driving players, mysterious and undiagnosed strokes that cause Hall of Fame coaches to take back-to-back year leaves of absence, off-kilter interim coaches, sequences of season-killing injuries during undefeated seasons to positions thinned by boneheaded early entry , touched balls, untouched balls, Cancun, obscure banned substances you've never heard of, mysterious relapses of metabolites from obscure banned substances you've never heard of, assistant coaches caught taking cash to steer players, and breaking stories of impossible chronologies that establish your head coach as the worst offender of the darkest side of recruiting.

We don't ask whether we'll make the tourney. That’s a given. We just ask who will be eligible to play in the tourney, and who will coach us when we're there.

This is... this is... this is... Arizona Basketball (final line spoken by Chris Rodgers, while dribbling a basketball in the rec).
Last edited by EVCat on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Greg Hansen dropping bombs right now...Saying Schlahbach got Miller wrong and the players name wrong...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:Greg Hansen dropping bombs right now...Saying Schlahbach got Miller wrong and the players name wrong...
Wait, is that the dude who said Miller should never coach again?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:Greg Hansen dropping bombs right now...Saying Schlahbach got Miller wrong and the players name wrong...
Where are you seeing this?
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

lol the very same...
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

He was on Bickley and Morata up here in PHX saying that Shlabach mixed up Sean with Andy miller and also it was a different player
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

CalStateTempe wrote:My eyes hurt and my right thumb is sore from all the phone scrolling I’ve done the past 4 days...
Lucky I am in IT, so I can just look on my computer all day. The Net Engineer that could pull my browsing history if requested sits next to me. And I can pull the reports that show he's got Steam and Blizzard stuff installed.

We both agree to scrub the data if needed. It's a Mutually Assured Destruction thing...
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

This whole situation is stupid
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

lol the very same...
It just keeps getting funnier and funnier with these so-called "journalists".
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I smell some crow cooking, hope there's enough to go around
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
lol the very same...
Well, that's quite the midstream switch of horses.

If it really was Andy and not Sean Miller, anyone want to grab a pitchfork and torch and head for Bristol? That's as elementary a mistake as you can make.
prh

Post by prh »

Gilbertcat wrote:
In that scenario, Schlabach has to be done period. Not at ESPN. At any place. What he has done to Sean and to Arizona basketball is too massive. No other outlet should ever consider hiring him. He can go work for the Bristol Times for all I care, but no national org should ever give him a look.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I'm gonna follow Miller when he leaves Bristol and pick up the c notes he loses out of his duffle when he's done there.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
lol the very same...
Well, that's quite the midstream switch of horses.

If it really was Andy and not Sean Miller, anyone want to grab a pitchfork and torch and head for Bristol? That's as elementary a mistake as you can make.
I'm just 30 minutes away - say the word and I'm there.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

They will throw Schlabach to the sharks and pretend it was one bad apple to blame. We cant let them.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

seems like a little bit of a stretch for them to be THAT wrong....right? if it was that fucked up then why is it taking so long for Miller to be cleared here? Unless there is some truth to something..
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:He was on Bickley and Morata up here in PHX saying that Shlabach mixed up Sean with Andy miller and also it was a different player
Wait, what?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Gilbertcat wrote:
Schlabach won't be able to get a job writing weekly announcements for your HOA handout.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

prh wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:
In that scenario, Schlabach has to be done period. Not at ESPN. At any place. What he has done to Sean and to Arizona basketball is too massive. No other outlet should ever consider hiring him. He can go work for the Bristol Times for all I care, but no national org should ever give him a look.
Absolutely. The guy singlehandedly brought the AZ program to its knees over the weekend, trashed the reputation of a coach, star player, and program as well as causing a 5 star recruit to decommit. “Oops, I’m Sorry” is not going to cut it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So, other than having the coach, player, season, and year wrong Failbach's article was spot on.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Stop it!!!! This thread is so entertaining and captivating, I can't get any work done.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:seems like a little bit of a stretch for them to be THAT wrong....right? if it was that fucked up then why is it taking so long for Miller to be cleared here? Unless there is some truth to something..
It seems unbelievable, but doesn't so much of this sound really unbelievable? Right now, I'd be ready to believe anything.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

World wide leader in sports ladies and gentlemen.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

The first thing he was asked at the beginning of the interview:

"Is there any new developments on this story?"

Hansen: "No. I hate to say that at the top of this interview. No. /laugh."

So if he spoke with Book, and Book said it was Bowen, how is that not a new development?
Last edited by TucsonClip on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

azgreg wrote:So, other than having the coach, player, season, and year wrong Failbach's article was spot on.
If you've met one Miller, you've met them all. :lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:seems like a little bit of a stretch for them to be THAT wrong....right? if it was that fucked up then why is it taking so long for Miller to be cleared here? Unless there is some truth to something..
It seems unbelievable, but doesn't so much of this sound really unbelievable? Right now, I'd be ready to believe anything.
yeah i guess so. shit.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

OMG, Ari was right all along!!(look it up.)

This calls for bronze in front of McKale, and an inauguration ceremony with fans-------"Ahhri, Ahhri, Ahhri: yes ARI-----fight, fight, fight!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

AZCentral still believes ABOR will meet this afternoon.

States that emergency meetings do NOT have to be scheduled and posted

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 377919002/" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just tossing it out there, I reread the initial complaint yesterday trying to find the dates of the Dawkins wire.

There is a 100k discussion remarkably similar in the initial complaint, but it is about Nassir Little. It involves Dawkins and centers on Miami coaches trying to negotiate 100k for Little's commitment.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Exactly I read this theory a day or two ago, but I didn’t even consider it because it seemed so stupid.

No way someone wets the bed that big...does he?