Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'll tell you how sad my life is. I registered at another message board just to drop an informed post on Miller to foreign fans in order to help our national profile.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Irish27 wrote:WTF
Dude is at a fucking restaurant with Schlabach's source and the rest of the national media who support ESPN. Also, ask for a fucking clean coffee mug, jesus christ man. That thing is covered in slop, just like his takes on Sean Miller.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:
Dude is at a fucking restaurant with Schlabach's source and the rest of the national media who support ESPN. Also, ask for a fucking coffee mug, jesus christ man. That thing is covered in slop, just like his takes on Sean Miller.
What is Schlabach's source saying? I suck at technology.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Pitino is the source of the leak?!
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I just hope fans are 100% united behind Miller. This is a chance to show him what he means here.

Plus Zo. Lord knows he should get a 5 minute standing O for all the crap he's been through.
Not sure if I’m glad or mad that dbag said we should’t erve beer at games.

At any rate, going in.

PS. #fuckcancer.
Last edited by Siempre Verde on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Ok. I’ve been pre gaming.
Last edited by Siempre Verde on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Dude is at a fucking restaurant with Schlabach's source and the rest of the national media who support ESPN. Also, ask for a fucking coffee mug, jesus christ man. That thing is covered in slop, just like his takes on Sean Miller.
It was a pretty bad joke, because there is nobody in the restaurant. Hes sitting in a corner recording a periscope feed, but cant even figure out how to flip the camera to selfie mode, so we get 3 minutes of the interior of the restaurant.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'll tell you how sad my life is. I registered at another message board just to drop an informed post on Miller to foreign fans in order to help our national profile.
I steered my wife and my day toward a hike in an area near a restaurant at which a Texas A&M fan/waiter who is both keen on U of A basketball and waits on Popovich on a regular basis works simply for the opportunity to commiserate. It was a beautiful day and the food rocked. He wasn't there and I didn't get my fix. It's a hopeless condition at this point.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
It was a pretty bad joke, because there is nobody in the restaurant. Hes sitting in a corner recording a periscope feed, but cant even figure out how to flip the camera to selfie mode, so we get 3 minutes of the interior of the restaurant.
Ah, all I could see was the still. Gracias.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Last edited by NYCat on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Oh oh Stanford
Retro-cat

Post by Retro-cat »

NYCat wrote:
That man has just become a legend!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Disappointed I couldn’t cross the finish line with you all today. For some reason, this site is banned at the cancer center. Had labs, oncologist visit, and chemo today but I did follow Twitter and saw the presser. All great news, and my numbers are also top shelf!!! 6 years beating this garbage back.

#FreeZo
Great to hear man. Keep on keepin on!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

Retro-cat wrote:
NYCat wrote:
That man has just become a legend!
Hopefully he feels the love!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
Bear

The

F***

Down
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

To think I used to like Vitale.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Irish27 wrote:To think I used to like Vitale.
It seems like he's personally offended. It's just weird.
Nigel Tufnel

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

X fan here. Had a couple of trials get continued this week. Went down the rabbit hole wiith this board the past 6 days. I can't fathom what your fan base has gone thru these past 6 days. Wow. Glad it all worked out. Sean punched ESPN in the face today. You have an incredibly passionate fan base. Kudos. Sean's reaction to X beating Zona will be remembered by true X fans forever. True class.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Nigel Tufnel wrote:X fan here. Had a couple of trials get continued this week. Went down the rabbit hole wiith this board the past 6 days. I can't fathom what your fan base has gone thru these past 6 days. Wow. Glad it all worked out. Sean punched ESPN in the face today. You have an incredibly passionate fan base. Kudos. Sean's reaction to X beating Zona will be remembered by true X fans forever. True class.
Thanks for stopping by. You guys played a hell of a game and deserved the win. The game we took in the Sweet 16 in 14-15 from you guys was a dogfight too.

It's been a roller coaster. I hope we have something better in the future, because we've seen the storms. I'd be happy if we saw you guys again in the Final Four, for both programs. Mack is legit.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Nigel Tufnel wrote:X fan here. Had a couple of trials get continued this week. Went down the rabbit hole wiith this board the past 6 days. I can't fathom what your fan base has gone thru these past 6 days. Wow. Glad it all worked out. Sean punched ESPN in the face today. You have an incredibly passionate fan base. Kudos. Sean's reaction to X beating Zona will be remembered by true X fans forever. True class.
Thanks for stopping by. You guys played a hell of a game and deserved the win. The game we took in the Sweet 16 in 14-15 from you guys was a dogfight too.

It's been a roller coaster. I hope we have something better in the future, because we've seen the storms. I'd be happy if we saw you guys again in the Final Four, for both programs. Mack is legit.
+1
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks for dropping in. Great username!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

This user goes to 11!

Kudos
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

AzSRRinCal

Post by AzSRRinCal »

NYCat wrote:
I think it's more than that. It's clear to me that he's trying to justify his attacks on Sean using Book's actions as his motivation rather than acknowledging that he jumped to conclusions and tried unjustly to destroy the reputation of another man. He can try all he wants but it's obvious that he was in no way talking about Book when he roasted Miller all day Saturday. It turns out the man is scum and here I just thought he was senile.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Espn must have directed their boys to hold the line, I can't believe it, they are all doubling down. It seems everyone else is weighing the options. It's gotta be embarrassing.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Watching the post game on fs1. He looks tired as hell.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AzSRRinCal wrote:
NYCat wrote:
I think it's more than that. It's clear to me that he's trying to justify his attacks on Sean using Book's actions as his motivation rather than acknowledging that he jumped to conclusions and tried unjustly to destroy the reputation of another man. He can try all he wants but it's obvious that he was in no way talking about Book when he roasted Miller all day Saturday. It turns out the man is scum and here I just thought he was senile.
Here’s how you know he’s running cover for overreacting to the report on Miller. Check out what he’s said about Bruce Pearl who had an assistant get arrested in the same sting:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I don’t get it. What does Vitale have against us? Is Schlabach his illegitimate son?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Disappointed I couldn’t cross the finish line with you all today. For some reason, this site is banned at the cancer center. Had labs, oncologist visit, and chemo today but I did follow Twitter and saw the presser. All great news, and my numbers are also top shelf!!! 6 years beating this garbage back.

#FreeZo
Kick cancer's ass. All my best.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

My first post - YAY - hopefully this works:

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I am really disappointed in Miller

I expected him to walk out with the lights out then fire works go off and he starts screaming FUCK YOU ESPN

That would have been better

But I guess the casual walk out to a standing ovation was good too
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

IrishAzCat wrote:My first post - YAY - hopefully this works:

Awesome but all downhill from there after that amazing post
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Newportcat wrote:I am really disappointed in Miller

I expected him to walk out with the lights out then fire works go off and he starts screaming FUCK YOU ESPN

That would have been better

But I guess the casual walk out to a standing ovation was good too
That's why yokels like you and me don't make millions like Sean
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

cats101 wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
I honestly thought Jay was better than this.

But when you have ties to ESPN, I guess I don't expect him to trash the guy.
Jay and a few other ESPN basketball analysts have a real issue because they supported and backed the story and made some very strong, assertive remarks about their initial support and belief of the report. Now they are digging in their heels, defending their colleague and the ESPN brand, but deep down know they made a mistake jumping the gun. The more that comes out refuting the erroneous report, the more Bilas and others are going to take credibility hits of their own. The bottom line is that it was poor, unprofessional, and dangerous reporting by ESPN and other than Vitale, no one associated with the network can be comfortable with how it has played out.
Last edited by midnightx on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

zonagrad wrote:ESPN radio still sticking with the narrative that Miller is lying and has nothing to lose by coming back. Not even questioning the fact that they have not named their source, nor have they heard the tapes or seen transcripts.
The harder they swing, the harder they'll fall. More nails in their coffin.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Of course ESPN will double down, this drama is getting ratings and headlines. You don't think they want that? That's how fake news works.

Also, SVP had an interesting take. Somewhat complimentary of Miller as a fan, saying you have the report and you have Miller, both can't be true, and I don't know what to believe.

Better believe this. Inside the halls of ESPN, there is a debate between them all, who do they believe, Miller or Frustrated Golfer? Deep down, you know they believe Miller and this will strain a ton of relationships internally there.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Newportcat wrote:
IrishAzCat wrote:My first post - YAY - hopefully this works:

Awesome but all downhill from there after that amazing post
Thanks - maybe this is a good second post:

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Bosy Billups wrote:Of course ESPN will double down, this drama is getting ratings and headlines. You don't think they want that? That's how fake news works.

Also, SVP had an interesting take. Somewhat complimentary of Miller as a fan, saying you have the report and you have Miller, both can't be true, and I don't know what to believe.

Better believe this. Inside the halls of ESPN, there is a debate between them all, who do they believe, Miller or Frustrated Golfer? Deep down, you know they believe Miller and this will strain a ton of relationships internally there.

Good.

I don't know how you can't question Schlabach's version. It's an unnamed source. The timeline has been adjusted and re-adjusted multiple times. Yet they have blind faith in the source? Or blind faith in Schalabach?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I just hope fans are 100% united behind Miller. This is a chance to show him what he means here.

Plus Zo. Lord knows he should get a 5 minute standing O for all the crap he's been through.
Got to feel good to walk out on your home floor and get the standing ovation he got. It was LOUD and long and there were still a ton of people who hadn't made their way through the doors. He and Trier during the starting lineup was equally deafening.

Evident that the fans are fully behind Miller and he probably etched himself as an Arizona legend. They are also clearly on the fuck espn and greg hansen train. I couldn't walk a few feet without getting a comment or high five for the F ESPN/Fire Hansen shirt and the majority of them were 60+ women. I knew Miller was loved, but I thought there would be more haters/naysayers than there seemingly are.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I bet Hansen is catching tons of shit around Tucson. I'm sure there's a decent cadre of people who want Miller gone. They were the same people who bitched about Lute.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

zonagrad wrote:I bet Hansen is catching tons of shit around Tucson. I'm sure there's a decent cadre of people who want Miller gone. They were the same people who bitched about Lute.
I still can't believe he went on a radio show and made up a story - he must really hate Miller...
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

zonagrad wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:Of course ESPN will double down, this drama is getting ratings and headlines. You don't think they want that? That's how fake news works.

Good.

I don't know how you can't question Schlabach's version. It's an unnamed source. The timeline has been adjusted and re-adjusted multiple times. Yet they have blind faith in the source? Or blind faith in Schalabach?

I'm still going with following orders from the powers that be at ESPN. They dont give an F about that dickhead journalist and ESPN could easily just shitcan him and throw him to the wolves and a lot of that would have gone away. This isnt a Kenny Mayne, Chris Berman level dude, he means nothing to them. Relentless attack, multiple amendments to find any version possible that could not be instantly debunked and discredited, the timing. Seems to me ESPN has a hit out for Miller, for whatever reason that may be...
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Casey Jacobson was in studio after game and said his initial reaction to EAPN story was to believe it.
Why?
"We all know players get paid"

I was pretty surprised he said that flat out.

He did go on to say Miller sounded genuine so he is unsure what to think.
GTownCat

Post by GTownCat »

Man, has it been an obvious whirlwind the past week or so... Just wanted to quickly introduce myself and get in on this madness (it is march now...). Apologies if this the wrong place, but I had to get the emotions of my chest.

I'm a Phx native, born & raised in Glendale, UA alum, now finishing up grad school in SoCal. I grew up an avid bball fan, having played in highschool as well, and growing up the cats were ALWAYS on TV (fox sports if i remember mostly). I just felt like every time i turned on the TV, there was jason gardner starting the break. I fell in love with the team. The culture. My "hometown" team. Continuing to follow them, I remember the heartbreak in '03, then in '05, and when lute retired. I remember wanting Jamelle Horne's shot to fall, I remember being ecstatic when AG committed, and feeling empty as fu** when Ashley broke his foot. I remember the offensive "foul", all the slow starts, "he touched the ball", the shimmy dunk. It all came back to me in a big dose today, and it started with that press conference, and listening to CSM. It's alsmost as if a "reset" button was hit, how long this new phase will last, who knows, but I'm just glad he gets to lead THIS team again, with the talent we have.

The passion in which CSM spoke about wanting to just get back and do what he does best, be around the kids, win another Pac-12 championship, just lit a fire underneath me and i feel sooooooooo pumped.

It feels like we got the leader of the rebellion back....... and now it's time to wreak havoc and blow up the damn Death Star.

BearDown
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I fucking love how this has brought Cat fans, new and old, out of lurker status to join in participating here in our little community.

Please keep posting. Can’t tell you how awesome it is to see you all chime in. Let’s make this a March to remember!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Postmaster wrote:Casey Jacobson was in studio after game and said his initial reaction to EAPN story was to believe it.
Why?
"We all know players get paid"

I was pretty surprised he said that flat out.

He did go on to say Miller sounded genuine so he is unsure what to think.
I can respect that from Jacobson. Players do get paid. I thought we'd just gotten caught, not that the idea of top recruits getting money wasn't something a top recruiting team had to be involved in.

I do think top recruits get money and we're no more immune to the game than anyone else. That said, ESPN wants to hate us as the player, but as the Bible says "don't hate the player, hate the game."

This is what NCAA basketball is, and if it gets cleaned up on the whole, then we have to be part of that. We're not some rogue program, though. Good luck cleaning money out.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

rgdeuce wrote:Seems to me ESPN has a hit out for Miller, for whatever reason that may be...
Whoever brings down Miller gets a trip to Cancun?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I love you Sean. I mean that. I hope you are our coach for a long time. Sometimes it takes losing or almost losing things go change your perspective and mine certainly did this last week. Bear Down coach and thanks for representing UA well this week.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

NYCat wrote: