ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AZCatGirl

Re: ASU blows

Post by AZCatGirl »

Love that crying ASU kid. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Is it wrong that I just laughed at that ASU kid crying?
I believe it's called Schadenfreude. :lol:
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

AZCatGirl wrote:Love that crying ASU kid. :lol:
Clearly, he's their future coach.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Kodi justice has played his last game. I never have to look at his face again.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

He's young. With some early intervention that kid can still have a future.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

:lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Such a dumb team
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

84Cat wrote:Time to give Bobby an extension
exactly. this is still one of the 5-10 best seasons they've had in the last 40 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

so they took 8 years to fire Evans and 9 years for Sendek. I'd assume the 12-0 start, a tournament appearance and a top 20 recruiting class coming in 2018 means Hurley is going to be there for another 3-4 years at least.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Irish bringing it once again!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

zonagrad wrote:He's young. With some early intervention that kid can still have a future.
......and therapy and drugs, and drugs and mommy for three more decades.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Image
That first photo was with 40 seconds in a one possession game. That kid melted down early and gave up fast. He's like a taller, more emotionally stable Bobby Hurley.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
Awesome Irish! Perfect end to that game....crying kid and all :-)....Is he that kid that always goes shirtless and flexes at ASU games? Or do they all look like that? LMAO. BTFD.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

When you're #3 in the nation and last remaining undefeated team and shit the bed

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

When his parents teach him to put his hands behind his back instead of on his face he will be Hurley's mini me.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

NYCat wrote:When you're #3 in the nation and last remaining undefeated team and shit the bed

ASSU ASSU we all fall down.

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I showed the wife the little asu boy crying photos because she asked what was so funny about the game.

Then my 3yo wanted to see. So I showed her. She asked “daddy what’s wrong with him”. To which I explained, that’s why we don’t like asu, they make little boys cry”. This came after our lesson earlier this evening about why sparky is a creepy mascot. “Daddy I like the orange, but that bee is really scary”

Parenting.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote:I showed the wife the little asu boy crying photos because she asked what was so funny about the game.

Then my 3yo wanted to see. So I showed her. She asked “daddy what’s wrong with him”. To which I explained, that’s why we don’t like asu, they make little boys cry”. This came after our lesson earlier this evening about why sparky is a creepy mascot. “Daddy I like the orange, but that bee is really scary”

Parenting.
The future is in your hands. Go forth and conquer.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Started 12-0. Finished 8-12.

Bangkok Wildcat

CalStateTempe wrote:I showed the wife the little asu boy crying photos because she asked what was so funny about the game.

Parenting.
Awesome CST! Bear Down little CST :-)
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

That week between their last game and the one in Tucson was terrible. So much hype. Never mind that Kansas lost to Washington earlier in the week, nevermimd it was an Xavier who lost focus on a trip, nevermimd they had 10 other cupcakes, they were already printing pac Champ shirts.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

IrishAzCat wrote:Image
You do good stuff, man.

Not enough misspelliings for a real ASU billboard, though.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

:lol: Amazing Irish.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ASUHATER! wrote:so they took 8 years to fire Evans and 9 years for Sendek. I'd assume the 12-0 start, a tournament appearance and a top 20 recruiting class coming in 2018 means Hurley is going to be there for another 3-4 years at least.
If Hurley is smart, he's already looking.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ASsU didn't belong in the tourney. Should have been in the NIT.

That said, guys, come on, it's not the kid's fault someone brainwashed him into rooting for ASsU. Leave the poor guy alone.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:ASsU didn't belong in the tourney. Should have been in the NIT.

That said, guys, come on, it's not the kid's fault someone brainwashed him into rooting for ASsU. Leave the poor guy alone.
Yeah ...... No.

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:ASsU didn't belong in the tourney. Should have been in the NIT.

Yeah ...... No.
You can be classy, or not, the choice is yours
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:

Yeah ...... No.
I get ya, really I do. But when it comes to ASSU I don't try to do classy.

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:

Yeah ...... No.
If it were an adult, I'd maybe feel you on that one....but when it's a kid....it's different.

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:

Yeah ...... No.
If it were an adult, I'd maybe feel you on that one....but when it's a kid....it's different.
He can grow up and repudiate his errant parents.

~ Wilhoit's Law
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:

Yeah ...... No.
Do you want me to delete the image I put up?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

IrishAzCat wrote:

Oh hell no.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

IrishAzCat wrote: Do you want me to delete the image I put up?
I'm just trying to remind people that we're not pathetic like other fanbases (ahem, ASsU for example) and that maybe it's not a good look to pile on a kid who is upset at watching "his team" (I put that in quotes, because really, almost all kids' teams are their parents)lose.

The pic doesn't break any rules that I'm aware of, I just personally find it distasteful and would rather we give the poor little guy some slack. I also really dislike it when t.v. producers/directors/whomever decide to show these kids in the stands at sports games crying. It's in really poor taste.

Find me a pic of an adult ASsU fan crying though......... ;)

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:
IrishAzCat wrote:

Oh hell no.
It’s ASU and they are the lowest POS fan base on earth. I second the HELL NO! Irish is poster of the year IMO....keep on being awesome Irish. BTFD.
Bangkok Wildcat

Turns out this poor kid is the son of the ASU Athletic Trainer and got plenty of hugs by the team afterwards in their hotel....in any case I’m sure he’s used to heartbreak by now....

Back to the topic of ‘ASU Blows’....Good job by ASU losing to the last team included in the tourney.....Both teams looked like they didn’t belong.

Enfield raised a good pint about the strength of noncon games having too much weigh. It seems like noncon is absolutely critical as it weights the conference and after that conference games seems to be severely under-weighted.....smh.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We need an ASSU troll or two on this board to make fun of mercilessly when they fall flat on their faces every year and in every sport.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:We need an ASSU troll or two on this board to make fun of mercilessly when they fall flat on their faces every year and in every sport.
That's pretty much enfuego's role. Don't need any more of him
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Frybry02 wrote:
Good to see the misguided little guy getting some hugs. thanks frybry for posting

Hopefully when he gets a bit older he'll realize the only university in arizona worth being a fan of is U of A :D

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

prh wrote:
Chicat wrote:We need an ASSU troll or two on this board to make fun of mercilessly when they fall flat on their faces every year and in every sport.
I’d trade for five more enfuegos if it meant Rise&Fail was banished to phog.net.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
Good to see the misguided little guy getting some hugs. thanks frybry for posting

Hopefully when he gets a bit older he'll realize the only university in arizona worth being a fan of is U of A :D

I saw on Twitter somewhere last night where a big UofA fan said he was his nephew or something like that. So it's one of those mixed families from Arizona. My old man re-married a sun devil & one of her kids went there too, plus I work with a lot of devils. Sometimes it's hard to mix the hate whilst remaining respectful but family pretty much always ties it together. I actually feel a little bad for people who think all asu students & alums suck. And I f'n hate asu. :lol:
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

0 Pac-12 Titles
0 Pac-12 Tournament Championships
1 First Four Play in game
3 Sweet 16's
1 Elite t8
This
This is
This is ASU Basketball!!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UofAlum05 wrote:0 Pac-12 Titles
3 Sweet 16's
1 Elite t8
This
This is
This is ASU Basketball!!
You forgot:

--One player currently in the NBA, but he's good, so we'll slobber on him at every turn.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UofAlum05 wrote:0 Pac-12 Titles
3 Sweet 16's
1 Elite t8
This
This is
This is ASU Basketball!!
Oh, and one more thing:

Point Shaving
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:
prh wrote:
I’d trade for five more enfuegos if it meant Rise&Fail was banished to phog.net.
Fair enough trade but only if we package hank too
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Grand jury subpoenas documents related to new Cal State Northridge coach Mark Gottfried in college basketball probe
The subpoena includes another California link. It requests communications between N.C. State's athletic department and current and former Adidas employees Jim Gatto, Christopher Rivers, T.J. Gassnola, Merl Code and Anthony Coleman.

Coleman is from Westminster and played for Long Beach State. He is currently an assistant coach at Arizona State.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-s ... story.html" target="_blank

Anthony Coleman key hire for ASU basketball recruiting
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... /86485642/" target="_blank