Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TatetheGreat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by TatetheGreat »

catgrad97 wrote:
Merkin wrote:
97cats wrote: no way did i ever say to replace him with either of those guys, those are your words not mine, i just said and only said i wish he was gone, talk of a successor has never been addressed brought up or discussed by me in any fashion.

as for PJC, its an absolute fucking joke he was ever at Arizona and its more of an absolute fucking joke that Miller entrusted him with the program keys.

98% of the problems on and off the floor stem from the fact that you have an insecure, sad, depressed AYSO player leading a power 5 blue-blood program with expectations of a Final Four - the fungus spread and everyone knew it was 4 against 5 with no backbone.

Miller should be ashamed of himself the way Arizona lost to Wichita State, Xavier and Buffalo, but more ashamed that he did nothing about a problem producing the same results and im tired and worn out from it all.
Maybe you should stop mixing words and tell us how you really feel?

:D

In any event, paying RichRod $6M to leave followed by this disaster would leave the UA AD too much in a hole, don't think donors have pockets that big.

Not sure what Heeke can do.
Remember those halcyon days of 2017? When we all were worried the coach Arizona was going to be stuck with was RichRod?

But that was OK, because Miller was a witch and we were a basketball school anyway? :?
Now would be a great time to win the Rose Bowl.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:I think we should be more amenable to an alum as our next coach. It's working so far with Butler and LaVall Jordan. Matta, Musselman, Scott Drew, etc. are interesting but I'm not sure they'd take the job especially if this drags out for 2-3 more years.
This is Lavall's first year there and he followed a very good coach who already had talent in place. If he's your example of hiring an alum who had immediate success then I will gladly counter your take and just say two words: Kevin. Ollie.

There's no alum that would take the job that is qualified to coach the University of Arizona basketball program. Just stop.
We could do a lot worse than Brase or potentially Simon in a couple years. I'm not on board with Pastner or Gardner.
No, we really couldn't. Matt Brase and Miles Simon are not equipped to be the head coach of Arizona whether this year or in a couple of years.

Good christ the job isn't that tainted. Louisville had Hookergate and now had their HEAD COACH on tape talking about paying a player and they're about to hire Chris Mack regardless. Just knock the crap off already.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ChooChooCat wrote: No, we really couldn't. Matt Brase and Miles Simon are not equipped to be the head coach of Arizona whether this year or in a couple of years.

Good christ the job isn't that tainted. Louisville had Hookergate and now had their HEAD COACH on tape talking about paying a player and they're about to hire Chris Mack regardless. Just knock the crap off already.
correct on ALL
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:I think we should be more amenable to an alum as our next coach. It's working so far with Butler and LaVall Jordan. Matta, Musselman, Scott Drew, etc. are interesting but I'm not sure they'd take the job especially if this drags out for 2-3 more years.
This is Lavall's first year there and he followed a very good coach who already had talent in place. If he's your example of hiring an alum who had immediate success then I will gladly counter your take and just say two words: Kevin. Ollie.

There's no alum that would take the job that is qualified to coach the University of Arizona basketball program. Just stop.
We could do a lot worse than Brase or potentially Simon in a couple years. I'm not on board with Pastner or Gardner.
No, we really couldn't. Matt Brase and Miles Simon are not equipped to be the head coach of Arizona whether this year or in a couple of years.

It's always possible someone who appears unqualified will succeed. It's just more likely they don't.

The alum talk baffles me. It's like dating someone in prison because you know they won't find another woman because there are only dudes there.

We have a qualified head coach here. That is our situation and it could be much worse. We could always hire Reggie Theus because he's got a fair amount of free time right now.
elriop20

Post by elriop20 »

What will it take for Miller to be more open minded on his play style?

Duke solved its defensive problems by taking a page from Syracuse's playbook
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... e-sweet-16" target="_blank
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

97cats wrote:he isnt leaving cause there is nowhere to go, he would if he could, and the University will not pay the big bill to fire him
So when Robbins stands by his man it's simply because we don't want to part with $10M (or whatever it really is).

And when Miller says he's committed to being Arizona's coach for the foreseeable future, it's because he's got nowhere to go. (Cue Richard Gere screaming at Lou Gossett, Jr.)

Sounds like a winning combo to me!
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

At the end of March there will be about 98+ teams that will be wringing their hands wondering why they didn't get a final four or a Natty...happens EVERY DAMN YEAR...there can only be 1 national champion and only 4 Final four teams...that means everybody else fails and what is odd is it is never the same 4 or the same 1 winning...changes every damn year.

Stop the fucking hand wringing and get back to reality.

Even Lute admitted you need a good dose of LUCK...that is a variable that cannot be bought, trained for or educated...its a random roll of the dice that NO ONE controls...thats what makes this interesting...it falls on both sides of the knife...the fact that you get bounced in first round could just as easily be you winning it all...
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Didn't Ramon kind of put us in an untenable situation when we had a gap year to get any replacement in for the PG position? I don't care how Duke broke him...I still want Thornton Jr. That doesn't totally explain it, but is part of the story. We offered PJC early, before numerous ankle injuries and when it still seemed like he would be taller. And honored that commitment. But he still shouldn't have been running the show for 3 years. And, after watching that documentary, it really seemed like he didn't even really want to play anymore...he was pushed into it by dad. That had to make this year crushing for that kid.

The Book bit, to me...is hindsight. That is a guy a lot of teams have/need/want, and he screwed up, got busted down the bench, but did the things you do to show contrition. And, ultimately, he fucked us wholly and totally. Completely. But there are a lot of success/redemption stories out there, and there is no way Miller could have seen this, the way this happened, coming. You show someone loyalty after they betrayed you, and you betray them again? Forget the recruiting/shady stuff that we all know goes on with AAU programs and assistants like Book...what he did was way beyond that and cratered a program. I cannot blame Sean for not seeing that level of betrayal coming. Again.

No one can recruit to us right now. If anyone can, it is this guy. I can't really say we will never make a Final Four again as a qualifier because we didn't before this with him. But I have to believe this guy is open to change in a way he has never been, both in career and in style of play. I would say he is hurt by this last team more than any of us. Is he inflexible, or did he need a reason to change? We'll see, but I am not in a position of wanting a fresh start right now, because this isn't a fucking fresh start. It is creating a failing situation for a new coach.

Can Miller make this happen? Who the fuck knows? But I'd rather have him here right now than anyone else, both because I believe he is capable to some extent and because I would never want to saddle a new program with this start.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Was Luke Walton equipped to coach the Lakers? Not really, but he was a Lakers "alum" and now he's doing fine coaching a young team. Let's table this because it's obvious Miller isn't going anywhere for now.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TatetheGreat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Was Luke Walton equipped to coach the Lakers? Not really, but he was a Lakers "alum" and now he's doing fine coaching a young team. Let's table this because it's obvious Miller isn't going anywhere for now.
Walton was interim coach for GSW and set a winning percentage record for the entire leagie during that interim period. He was pretty qualified.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for an alum as head coach or even having Miller leave.

But if we are discussing alums who coach....and we need to hire one or two coaches.

Geary is the most experienced as far as I can tell.
What do those of you "in the know" feel would be pros and cons of hiring Geary as an assistant?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Walton was interim coach for GSW and set a winning percentage record for the entire leagie during that interim period. He was pretty qualified.
The fact you had to even point that out, just wow.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

i don't understandddddd the base craving/desire for an alum to be our coach. in football and basketball. i don't understand
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:
No one can recruit to us right now. If anyone can, it is this guy.
I don't agree with that at all. I think if we ended up with a new coach he'd have a much easier time recruiting to Arizona than Sean Miller would bar none. The sole reason Arizona is remotely seen as a tainted place is because Sean Miller is the coach at Arizona. Part of that is his fault (Book stuff happened under his watch) and part of it is not (Hi Mark Schlabach), but you can't tell me a coach with a clean slate at Arizona wouldn't be in a better place in regards to recruiting than Sean Miller at the moment.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Walton was interim coach for GSW and set a winning percentage record for the entire leagie during that interim period. He was pretty qualified.
I mean, I don't think Brase or Simon is qualified at Arizona, but Walton would be 100% effing qualified and he's never even coached in college.

Just my opinion, though.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Postmaster wrote: Geary is the most experienced as far as I can tell.
What do those of you "in the know" feel would be pros and cons of hiring Geary as an assistant?
A Lute Olson era player will never be on Sean Miller's staff at Arizona ever again.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:
I don't agree with that at all. I think if we ended up with a new coach he'd have a much easier time recruiting to Arizona than Sean Miller would bar none. The sole reason Arizona is remotely seen as a tainted place is because Sean Miller is the coach at Arizona. Part of that is his fault (Book stuff happened under his watch) and part of it is not (Hi Mark Schlabach), but you can't tell me a coach with a clean slate at Arizona wouldn't be in a better place in regards to recruiting than Sean Miller at the moment.
You can negative recruit the coach and negative recruit the school. A new coach wouldn't solve that second issue at all and probably even make it worse.

If Arizona canned Miller and I'm negative recruiting for Oregon, I'd be in every player's ear about how that's a sign that something big is about to drop on Arizona. That would get traction.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
I mean, I don't think Brase or Simon is qualified at Arizona, but Walton would be 100% effing qualified and he's never even coached in college.

Just my opinion, though.
Well of course, but I just previously said a former player who is qualified and WOULD TAKE THE JOB does not exist. Luke Walton and Steve Kerr will never coach college basketball as much as the both of them love their alma mater.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:
You can negative recruit the coach and negative recruit the school. A new coach wouldn't solve that second issue at all and probably even make it worse.

If Arizona canned Miller and I'm negative recruiting for Oregon, I'd be in every player's ear about how that's a sign that something big is about to drop on Arizona. That would get traction.
Ehhh the only thing other coaches have on Arizona sans Sean Miller is "you don't know what sanctions are coming" and that's it. A group of us here have already poked holes at what kind of punishment Arizona could receive. Any worthwhile coach with a brain could do the same and effectively recruit.

Canning Miller isn't an option for Arizona any time soon so that point is moot Spiff. My argument is solely based in a world where Sean Miller leaves Arizona on his own accord within the next two seasons.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
A Lute Olson era player will never be on Sean Miller's staff at Arizona ever again.
That sounds interesting. So Stoudemire didn't make a positive impression in some way or is it that they all feel Miller tainted the program Lute built?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Walton was interim coach for GSW and set a winning percentage record for the entire leagie during that interim period. He was pretty qualified.
Spotting Kerr for a couple months during a historic season for Golden State is hardly proof he can lead a rebuilding team in the western conference. He is proving himself this season, though.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azcat49 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
That sounds interesting. So Stoudemire didn't make a positive impression in some way or is it that they all feel Miller tainted the program Lute built?
Stoudamire was fine, it just wasn't a good fit. Two opposite styles needless to say.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:
I can get on board with this but this whole apparent charade between Robbins and Miller is bothersome to me even if that is the financial reality.

Just because, who would you look at to replace Miller? For the record, I'm not completely convinced that Coach Clean S. Late can come in and have immediate success to the level Arizona loyalists expect/demand.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Pop McKale wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:
I can get on board with this but this whole apparent charade between Robbins and Miller is bothersome to me even if that is the financial reality.

Just because, who would you look at to replace Miller? For the record, I'm not completely convinced that Coach Clean S. Late can come in and have immediate success to the level Arizona loyalists expect/demand.
What's your definition of immediate success I guess is the question? Am I assuming Arizona could hire a Eric Musselman type and he'd be landing a top 5 class immediately? Of course not. Do I assume Arizona could hire an Eric Musselman type and land a class primarily of 4 stars on the west coast within his first two years and grow from there to landing a 5 star or two in year 3-4? Yes, Yes I do.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Do you say that just because Miller wants his own legacy?
Or some other reason?

Miller hasn't had a Lute guy on staff, has he?
IIRC, miller didn't retain Geary when he was hired.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:i don't understandddddd the base craving/desire for an alum to be our coach. in football and basketball. i don't understand

I don't understand either. I see a lot of posts saying they want high school coach Mike Bibby. Really? A high school coach? I was there at the UA when they hired Ben Lindsey, who won two NAIA championships while at GCC. How did that turn out?

Same with posters calling for an NBA coach. Do NBA coaches really develop players?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Again, I'm not advocating for hiring an alum at all. I was just curious why Geary gets no run while others are talking about people like Brase.
Setting aside his alum status, geary seems to have a solid coaching resume for an assistant.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Merkin wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:i don't understandddddd the base craving/desire for an alum to be our coach. in football and basketball. i don't understand

I don't understand either. I see a lot of posts saying they want high school coach Mike Bibby. Really? A high school coach? I was there at the UA when they hired Ben Lindsey, who won two NAIA championships while at GCC. How did that turn out?

Same with posters calling for an NBA coach. Do NBA coaches really develop players?
lol Nate Oats was a High School coach five years ago.
Last edited by BE4RDOWN21 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Man, a nice little commitment would do wonders for morale on this board.

When is spring signing day?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Postmaster wrote:Again, I'm not advocating for hiring an alum at all. I was just curious why Geary gets no run while others are talking about people like Brase.
Setting aside his alum status, geary seems to have a solid coaching resume for an assistant.
Probably because he hasn't coached in the states since 2011.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

zonagrad wrote:Man, a nice little commitment would do wonders for morale on this board.

Agreed. I feel like if we were to land Doutrive, maybe that would be enough to convince Williams to recommit
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Pop McKale wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:

What's your definition of immediate success I guess is the question? Am I assuming Arizona could hire a Eric Musselman type and he'd be landing a top 5 class immediately? Of course not. Do I assume Arizona could hire an Eric Musselman type and land a class primarily of 4 stars on the west coast within his first two years and grow from there to landing a 5 star or two in year 3-4? Yes, Yes I do.
That would certainly fit the bill for me though more of your casual fans are likely to be less concerned/impressed with recruiting stars than wins and tourney success -- even though to have one you need the other, to a point.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

zonagrad wrote:Man, a nice little commitment would do wonders for morale on this board.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html" target="_blank

Initial Signing Date
April 11, 2018

Final Signing Date
Division I: May 16, 2018
Division II: August 1, 2018
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Postmaster wrote:Again, I'm not advocating for hiring an alum at all. I was just curious why Geary gets no run while others are talking about people like Brase.
Probably because he hasn't coached in the states since 2011.

Thanks,
That makes sense.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Just my opinion, though.
Well of course, but I just previously said a former player who is qualified and WOULD TAKE THE JOB does not exist. Luke Walton and Steve Kerr will never coach college basketball as much as the both of them love their alma mater.
I'm not arguing with you.

I meant to spotlight how ridiculous it is to say Walton isn't really qualified for the Laker job. He is the most successful interim coach ever and if Kerr's health was worse, he'd be the coach of the defending champs.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

Seriously. I miss those days.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Merkin wrote:

I get it. Fans want someone who shares the same passion as we do versus some random coach from another school.

What I don't get are the names being throw around. Nor do I think there any qualified alumni out there. Luke Walton? Meh, but even so he's not going to leave the Lakers for UofA. Steve Kerr already said what he said. No one else is qualified IMO.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Just my opinion, though.
I'm not arguing with you.

I meant to spotlight how ridiculous it is to say Walton isn't really qualified for the Laker job. He is the most successful interim coach ever and if Kerr's health was worse, he'd be the coach of the defending champs.
"Coaching" the Warriors makes anyone look good. Kerr has said as much. Luke's decade of playing in LA weighed much more into his hiring than his coaching resume. And saying so is not to disparage him as a coach. He has been a great hire for the Lakers. My point was that hiring an alum can and has worked, so there's no reason to dismiss it out of hand.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I think many people here, like Miller, could use a little vacation from AZ basketball
prh

Post by prh »

Let's not forget that the 2013-14 Warriors got bounced in the first round, and with largely the same team, Kerr improved them by 16 regular season wins and won a championship the next year. If it was that easy Mark Jackson wouldn't be back in the studio right now.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

prh wrote:Let's not forget that the 2013-14 Warriors got bounced in the first round, and with largely the same team, Kerr improved them by 16 regular season wins and won a championship the next year. If it was that easy Mark Jackson wouldn't be back in the studio right now.
And Kerr had never coached a game before that. So maybe coaching qualifications are a little overrated.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alieberman wrote:I think many people here, like Miller, could use a little vacation from AZ basketball
This is our tribe, bro. Is what it is.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

TatetheGreat wrote:
prh wrote:Let's not forget that the 2013-14 Warriors got bounced in the first round, and with largely the same team, Kerr improved them by 16 regular season wins and won a championship the next year. If it was that easy Mark Jackson wouldn't be back in the studio right now.
And Kerr had never coached a game before that. So maybe coaching qualifications are a little overrated.
I would say Kerr is more than exception than the rule.

Lots of NBA teams have tried coaches with no experience before and after Kerr with much worse results.

Kerr seems like the type of person who could be successful doing anything within basketball (and probably beyond) if he gave it his full focus.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:
I think potential sanctions come into play. I don't think star player parents care about Miller's tainted rep...they care about whether they will be banned from postseason and/or TV, with the one factor a new coach wouldn't have being whether Miller would be fired.

But if the Schlabach thing didn't happen, and the Book did and we know about it already, Miller should be as safe as a new coach in regard to NCAA violations (likely coming in some form, but mitigated if we do not show bad shit on the 'tap) and keeping the job.

Players care about players. Can this guy get me to the league? Can he teach me what they need in the league (man to man)? Will I get good exposure on this team? Will we get to the tournament? Will I be on TV? Is my position clear of any other superstars or will I sit? I don't think a lot of players and their families moralize, and they know the game as well as anyone. The shoe dropping while they are in the program is their biggest concern.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:"Coaching" the Warriors makes anyone look good. Kerr has said as much. Luke's decade of playing in LA weighed much more into his hiring than his coaching resume. And saying so is not to disparage him as a coach. He has been a great hire for the Lakers. My point was that hiring an alum can and has worked, so there's no reason to dismiss it out of hand.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Rare is the coach that can handle superstar laden teams. Look at the Cavs mess.

Phil Jackson didn't roll the ball out. Steve Kerr works at a level that is rare in pro sports, one of deflecting attention, subjugating his own ego, and personalizing his relationship with every player on a real level, not surface. He brings his love of life into his work as an essential principle of his entire program, and that remained in place during his sabbatical. He deflects praise all the time...it is another principle of his overall plan, so of course he says the team makes him look good. But Mark Jackson couldn't get that level of play, and no one in the league but maybe Popovich could have integrated Durant into that team with next to no fuss.

Managing a super team and keeping them happy, focused, and team-oriented goes against almost every natural urge of a successful coach. You have to be "Zen" (Jackson), or an amazingly secure and thoughtful person (Popovich, Kerr) to have continued success. Or the team turns against you at the first sign of trouble (Riley in LA) and tunes you out (Riley, again, in LA).
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

azcat34 wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
I would say Kerr is more than exception than the rule.

Lots of NBA teams have tried coaches with no experience before and after Kerr with much worse results.

Kerr seems like the type of person who could be successful doing anything within basketball (and probably beyond) if he gave it his full focus.
Of course, I don't think hiring coaches with zero coaching experience could constitute a rule because it almost never happens. Kerr got that job because he was the first person to identify Curry as a franchise player. While Suns GM, he had a trade in place to send the Curry pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare but the Warriors reneged at the 11th hour. He also raised his profile as an intelligent analyst on TV. I agree with you that he could be successful doing just about anything.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

EVCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:"Coaching" the Warriors makes anyone look good. Kerr has said as much. Luke's decade of playing in LA weighed much more into his hiring than his coaching resume. And saying so is not to disparage him as a coach. He has been a great hire for the Lakers. My point was that hiring an alum can and has worked, so there's no reason to dismiss it out of hand.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Rare is the coach that can handle superstar laden teams. Look at the Cavs mess.

Phil Jackson didn't roll the ball out. Steve Kerr works at a level that is rare in pro sports, one of deflecting attention, subjugating his own ego, and personalizing his relationship with every player on a real level, not surface. He brings his love of life into his work as an essential principle of his entire program, and that remained in place during his sabbatical. He deflects praise all the time...it is another principle of his overall plan, so of course he says the team makes him look good. But Mark Jackson couldn't get that level of play, and no one in the league but maybe Popovich could have integrated Durant into that team with next to no fuss.

Managing a super team and keeping them happy, focused, and team-oriented goes against almost every natural urge of a successful coach. You have to be "Zen" (Jackson), or an amazingly secure and thoughtful person (Popovich, Kerr) to have continued success. Or the team turns against you at the first sign of trouble (Riley in LA) and tunes you out (Riley, again, in LA).
I agree about Kerr as a person and coach, but he always credits Mark Jackson for his success with the Warriors. The keys were in the ignition for him. Curry, Klay, and Draymond were vets by the time Kerr arrived. And, yes, the Cavs are a mess with Lebron as GM, but Lue still won a championship. Spoelstra won two. No doubt they all have coaching ability. But there are degrees of separation between those guys and Popovich and Jackson.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Basically, Pitt couldn't come up with the $10mm to buyout Miller. No one else will take the risk at this point.

Would you trade Miller for Musselman, straight up, right now?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Basically, Pitt couldn't come up with the $10mm to buyout Miller. No one else will take the risk at this point.

Would you trade Miller for Musselman, straight up, right now?
Pitt would only have to pay $500K to lure him away. If we fired Miller we'd owe him $10 million. ASTRONOMIC difference.