ASU blows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TatetheGreat

Re: ASU blows

Post by TatetheGreat »

So Coleman recruited Cherry to ASU despite being Player-8, and Coleman himself is under investigation from his time at adidas. This should go well.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Etop...
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TatetheGreat wrote:So Coleman recruited Cherry to ASU despite being Player-8, and Coleman himself is under investigation from his time at adidas. This should go well.
No signing ceremony at his high school?

Oh, that’s right.......
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TucsonClip wrote:Etop...
Brad Leaf.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TatetheGreat wrote:So Coleman recruited Cherry to ASU despite being Player-8, and Coleman himself is under investigation from his time at adidas. This should go well.
It sort of looks like he's signing papers to go into the witness protection program.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Looks like a hostage proof-of-life photo.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:Looks like a hostage proof-of-life photo.
Or accompanying a news article as someone's last known photo.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
“Taeshon Cherry, seen here in this undated photo attending the saddest birthday party imaginable, was last seen wearing rust colored track pants and a t-shirt one eye witness identified as a ‘hot piss color’......”
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
“Taeshon Cherry, seen here in this undated photo attending the saddest birthday party imaginable, was last seen wearing rust colored track pants and a t-shirt one eye witness identified as a ‘hot piss color’......”
The picture of a random Wilson basketball from the internet taped to the blinds really sets the picture off.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The chances Cherry plays a game for asu that is not vacated is the same as the chances I play a game for asu this year. No way with the Adidas stuff and the investigation the NCAA clears him.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The picture of a random Wilson basketball from the internet taped to the blinds really sets the picture off.
That's why you're all wrong: It's his birthday, and the banner is cropped out.

He has to sign a waiver just so he can choke down mama's sh*tty, sh*tty cake.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Literally and figuratively
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

I find it pretty funny that one of the comments from a Sun Gerbil on the tweet mentions "UA Pay for Play." I wonder if that person realizes that Cherry is Player #8 in the FBI investigation.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

And so does James harden! Even if he wins mvp.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
prh

Post by prh »

In case anyone missed it, GCU got approval to return to non-profit status. I thought I saw something posted here the other day but I forgot where
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

prh wrote:In case anyone missed it, GCU got approval to return to non-profit status. I thought I saw something posted here the other day but I forgot where

It's in the Who Runs This State thread in the basketball forum.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

UAEebs86 wrote:
prh wrote:In case anyone missed it, GCU got approval to return to non-profit status. I thought I saw something posted here the other day but I forgot where

It's in the Who Runs This State thread in the basketball forum.
Well I feel stupid, I even commented on that discussion :lol:
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If I made this up, who would believe me?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 838896002/" target="_blankhttps://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 838896002/

Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Mesa.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He looks like a Shell of his former self :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

That is crazy, I'm on our township's volunteer ambulance service, we take our patients home if they get discharged from the hospital before we leave. I can't believe the entitlement mindset he must have. Or maybe he hadn't recovered fully from the heat exposure. That is nuts.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
During the fight, Harden threw his arms up and flailed after light contact and got 3 free throws from the refs.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

The gap is closing!

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Scum have less than 2 mins to make up a 12 pt deficit in Nashville.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Excellent
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Fuck ASU.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I really fucking hate ASU.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

AZCatGirl wrote:I really fucking hate ASU.
I'll give ASU credit though. Huge win over a number one ranked team and have beat Kansas two years straight. Like it or not they're clearly the best team in the Pac and I don't see the Cats beating them this year. Excellent job by Coach Hurley and ASU.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Captain Obvious wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:I really fucking hate ASU.
I'll give ASU credit though. Huge win over a number one ranked team and have beat Kansas two years straight. Like it or not they're clearly the best team in the Pac and I don't see the Cats beating them this year. Excellent job by Coach Hurley and ASU.
Well clearly I don't like that fact. It makes me hate them even more.

Just beat them at our place at least. Their place is a different story.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I think Hurley is going to try and run up the score against Miller in January. He is going to take out his frustration in that game. asu has better talent than the UofA does right now. I have a feeling until the Duke job becomes available, Hurley is going to stay at asu.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Just awful
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Thanks, ESPN!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Not so much fun being the hunted, is it? :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The whole conference is a flaming bag of dog shit.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chicat wrote:The whole conference is a flaming bag of dog shit.
I can’t believe it’s this awful

I wish I could screen shot today’s PAC 12 college basketball scores from the CBS app

It just looks so pathetic
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It's the worst I've seen in 15ish years for sure.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

scumdevils86 wrote:It's the worst I've seen in 15ish years for sure.
I think it’s the worst ever by far

I know there was one year UW won the regular conference title but didn’t get a bid and that year was bad but this is beyond pathetic
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This is worse. There’s a legit chance the Pac reg season champ won’t even be a bubble team.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:This is worse. There’s a legit chance the Pac reg season champ won’t even be a bubble team.

Joe Linardi has two teams in today with both AZ schools, UW as a first team out and UCLA Oregon Colorado and Oregoj State under consideration. There are still two and a half months until selection Sunday. Way too premature for this type of thinking
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Newportcat wrote:

I know there was one year UW won the regular conference title but didn’t get a bid and that year was bad but this is beyond pathetic
This is 1984 bad, when neither Arizona nor UCLA made the tournament.

No mystery why it's happening either. Wonder how long the presidents of ASU and Oregon State will continue to be allowed to ignore such a crap product.

How many more mortifying Decembers like this one will it take before the presidents realize they're enabling their commissioner to run their conference into the ground?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

catgrad97 wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

This is 1984 bad, when neither Arizona nor UCLA made the tournament.

No mystery why it's happening either. Wonder how long the presidents of ASU and Oregon State will continue to be allowed to ignore such a crap product.

How many more mortifying Decembers like this one will it take before the presidents realize they're enabling their commissioner to run their conference into the ground?
Look I hate Larry Scott more than anyone but please explain how he is running the conference into the ground in terms if men's basketball. Recruiting has been fine so the network and DirecTV isnt a factor. Last four years the PAC12 has had 6, 4, 7 and 6 teams in the top 30 recruiting classes. Scott isnt scheduling teams from the conference out of the CFP like in football so what is he doing exactly in basketball?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:This is worse. There’s a legit chance the Pac reg season champ won’t even be a bubble team.

Joe Linardi has two teams in today with both AZ schools, UW as a first team out and UCLA Oregon Colorado and Oregoj State under consideration. There are still two and a half months until selection Sunday. Way too premature for this type of thinking

Maybe. But you do realize how difficult it’s now going to be for Pac teams (not named ASU) to make meaningful ground in the metrics that matter, right? With the OOC season now in our rearview, and a single Pac team clinging to a low national ranking, the only way for teams like AZ and Oregon (and anyone else you think could end up earning a bid) to reach the big tourney is to finish with a sufficiently high win total and almost no more bad losses. Given what you’ve seen play out so far, how likely do you think that is? You may be underestimating the importance of the OOC schedule in a year where a conference is significantly weaker. I haven’t looked at our conference RPI lately, but it can’t be pretty.

At this point, I’m just hoping for steady, appreciable growth from AZ in the coming weeks. It will suck if we miss the tourney, but as long as we’re a clearly better team in March than in December, I’ll be fine. Most have accepted this season as a treading water year before the cavalry arrives next fall.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Machina jerks off to telling people how to think.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Maybe. But you do realize how difficult it’s now going to be for Pac teams (not named ASU) to make meaningful ground in the metrics that matter, right? With the OOC season now in our rearview, and a single Pac team clinging to a low national ranking, the only way for teams like AZ and Oregon (and anyone else you think could end up earning a bid) to reach the big tourney is to finish with a sufficiently high win total and almost no more bad losses. Given what you’ve seen play out so far, how likely do you think that is? You may be underestimating the importance of the OOC schedule in a year where a conference is significantly weaker. I haven’t looked at our conference RPI lately, but it can’t be pretty.

At this point, I’m just hoping for steady, appreciable growth from AZ in the coming weeks. It will suck if we miss the tourney, but as long as we’re a clearly better team in March than in December, I’ll be fine. Most have accepted this season as a treading water year before the cavalry arrives next fall.
There is still at least 19 games left before Selection Sunday. My point is you have no idea how the PAC12 or acc or SEC or Big 10 or big 12 will shake out. Look at assu last year. Went from a clear #1 seed ooc to one of the last teams in. I guarantee the conference gets at least two in and I will back that up unlike you and most other people. AND given the shit ahow the conference was OOC I think the Cats with a very good conference record is very likely. I have said all year and off season UA would get a first round bye in Vegas
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

There is still at least 19 games left before Selection Sunday. My point is you have no idea how the PAC12 or acc or SEC or Big 10 or big 12 will shake out. Look at assu last year. Went from a clear #1 seed ooc to one of the last teams in. I guarantee the conference gets at least two in and I will back that up unlike you and most other people. AND given the shit ahow the conference was OOC I think the Cats with a very good conference record is very likely. I have said all year and off season UA would get a first round bye in Vegas
Beachcat is pretty close. With OOC over, beating up on each other in the PAC conference season is not going to improve your chances of getting a bid. Even if you run the table.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

enfuego wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Beachcat is pretty close. With OOC over, beating up on each other in the PAC conference season is not going to improve your chances of getting a bid. Even if you run the table.
This is incredibly wrong. Look at the example I gave last year. Also there is zero chance UA would be worse than a 3 seed if UA goes 18-0 in the PAC12 conference play
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chicat wrote:Machina jerks off to telling people how to think.
God that was funny
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Irish27 wrote:I think Hurley is going to try and run up the score against Miller in January. He is going to take out his frustration in that game. asu has better talent than the UofA does right now. I have a feeling until the Duke job becomes available, Hurley is going to stay at asu.
Perhaps for a bit, but probably not long term (with or without the Duke job opening up). Hurley still has pieces from last year and a five star thanks to his Addidas connections, but it doesn’t appear he is bringing anyone else in. Next year could be a big drop for his program and it doesn’t appear he is reloading with premier talent. This has happened with ASU before, they have a couple of good years, but no coach is able to maintain it.