Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Merkin »

I was born in 1958, but didn't start college until I was 23 due to my enlistment in the Air Force.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote:I was born in 1958, but didn't start college until I was 23 due to my enlistment in the Air Force.
Thanks for your service, Merk.

You’re a still a young man in my book.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Merkin wrote:I was born in 1958, but didn't start college until I was 23 due to my enlistment in the Air Force.
Guess I'm out a couple bucks.

Eleven years nearly to the day before one Sean Miller.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Anyway, not sure if his job is realistically in jeopardy (I’m guessing it isn’t)
Just a guess too, but I would say Miller is very safe. Have they finished paying off RichRod yet? Then they need to come up with $7.5M to fire Sumlin next season.

Even if the UA finds cause, Miller's contract is written so he still gets paid.
Plus I can't see him getting fired until the NCAA tells us what are punishment is. But even another first round loss I can't see him being fired yet. Next year I'd say is his hot seat year.
As far as I know the boosters are far from motivated to move on from the guy. Maybe that changes by the end of the year, but I doubt it. Next year would be my guess as well.
So Choo when you going to name your replacement? Quite frankly you have no clue what you are talking about when it come to donors and what they are thinking. Stick to your recruiting news which we all appreciate. Anyone that blames Miller for our team shooting 25% from 2 is looking to place blame. We are picked to finish fourth in this conference. I think that may be about where we end. The team that is leading the conference we beat by 20+. Right now Oregon had to play 3 OT games or they would have 7 losses. I have asked repeatedly for a realistic candidate and have heard crickets. Listen if you told me Donovan was going to be on the market or Izzo is tired of MSU crap now that his buddy (football coach) stepped down I'm on board. The problem is there is no one available that I can see that would be an upgrade. I guess I'm not a strong believer in the latest flash (see Shaka Smart) or Scott Drew.
Last edited by TheCat on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:It won’t happen because smarter guys are leading our department (at least this year). So we will go to the tourney 3 of the 4 years (and the one year should be thrown out). One sweet 16 and a first round loss and we will see what happens this year.

Go ahead blow it up. Miller might be harder to replace than Lute was. Not many coaches will want to work at recruiting nationally like Miller does. It’s not like we can recruit in our backyard. I absolutely agree we should risk the 20m a year profit we make in basketball on a new coach. Let’s do it, it will be fun to watch
Every coach at this level recruits nationally or even internationally FFS. Even with that being said the state of Arizona has more prep schools with Division I talent on it than ever before, but yeah sure that's a hurdle for any coach taking the Arizona job.

People are looking for excuses to hold on to Miller at all costs and it's driving me insane. Stockholm syndrome at its finest.
We know for a FACT who has recruited better than us. Almost no one. No one is looking to hold on to Miller at all cost they are asking for a reasonable replacement and you for one have offered no choice. Quit bitching, do your research and throw out a name or just go away like you said you were going to. Your negativity is boring and in some cases uncalled for.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Which is more likely: this current team reaches the FF, appeasing a long frustrated fan base and recuperating Miller’s rep. Or this team doesn’t survive the first weekend, fans are livid, and we look ahead to a 2020-21 season with weaker prospects than this current team had.
The same fans that repeated called for Lute's head. Quite the basketball genius's.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Someone needs a nap.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Catintheheat wrote:Someone needs a nap.
:lol:
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Everyone forgets to look at the fat tails in the data curve...thats where the important stuff is...ESPECIALLY in something with as many variables as college basketball...

Besides the powers that determine if a coach stays or gets the boot in Az are not using the same standard that the fans are using...this fan board is an anomaly...McKale is filled up to the brim almost every game, win or lose...THAT is a much better indicator of what any group of donors is going to do than how many X/O' are in the win loss column...

When UCLA fills up Pauley for an entire season we can pay attention to what their fans say, same goes for any other school out there...

College basketball is a product sold to the public as part of a PR campaign for the University that LIVES off of public support...I would suggest that the closest we ever got to firing Miller came 2 years ago and the boosters said "No, not til we know the whole story"...because the product may have taken a hit nationally, but its the public here in Tucson that determines it viability...

Sales of seats in McKale are still pretty solid...not so in other Pac 12 schools...

Thats your fat tail right there.

Final fours are HUGE anomalies...almost never happen especially in the Pac 12...
The powers that be are using the standards that they really like Sean Miller as a person as their reasoning and won't give any money if he's not the coach. That's the world we live in now as Arizona fans, yay. Attendance, while still good, is down this year as well FWIW.

Final Fours are anomalies, but that's not the primary issue any more. In two games this season we broke two negative records in Arizona history. Not even last year's patchwork team or Miller's first team here could pull off those catastrophes, yet here we are.
So we broke two negative records this year. It is Miller's 11 year.....would this not of happened sooner if it was all Miller? The facts are we have 3 freshman starting that are the top scoring trio among all freshman nationally. Some of that may have been coaching. They are NOT consistent. Josh Green has been in a slump for a month and Nico (love him) has more confidence than sense sometimes. We have a starter that no one on here thinks should play a minute (before the year started) but he is the only one that looks like a wing defender. We have a 5th year senior that I would label a head case that takes the easy way out whenever he is disappointed or criticized. Hell he was on the all tourney team in Anaheim and just flakes when you need him most.

I would like to see Koloko get more time and also Ira. The transfer guards were suppose to give us firepower and have been hit or miss and one cost us a game. They are iffy on defense and that is being generous. I watch the games and see this team for what it is and not what I want it to be. I get some joy out of seeing them develop whether they win or lose. I have perspective. I know the greatest coach in college basketball did not win a championship (final four) until his 17 year. It was against 25 teams and before that their was some tourneys with 8. Not hard to make it to the final 4 with 8. People talk like Miller doesn't have the skill to make it. That is what they would say about Few or Bennett before they made it to the final 4. Hell Bennett would not have survived this board's judgement after the lost as a 1 seed to a 16. Luckily we weren't judging him.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Everyone forgets to look at the fat tails in the data curve...thats where the important stuff is...ESPECIALLY in something with as many variables as college basketball...

Besides the powers that determine if a coach stays or gets the boot in Az are not using the same standard that the fans are using...this fan board is an anomaly...McKale is filled up to the brim almost every game, win or lose...THAT is a much better indicator of what any group of donors is going to do than how many X/O' are in the win loss column...

When UCLA fills up Pauley for an entire season we can pay attention to what their fans say, same goes for any other school out there...

College basketball is a product sold to the public as part of a PR campaign for the University that LIVES off of public support...I would suggest that the closest we ever got to firing Miller came 2 years ago and the boosters said "No, not til we know the whole story"...because the product may have taken a hit nationally, but its the public here in Tucson that determines it viability...

Sales of seats in McKale are still pretty solid...not so in other Pac 12 schools...

Final fours are HUGE anomalies...almost never happen especially in the Pac 12...
The powers that be are using the standards that they really like Sean Miller as a person as their reasoning and won't give any money if he's not the coach. That's the world we live in now as Arizona fans, yay. Attendance, while still good, is down this year as well FWIW.

Final Fours are anomalies, but that's not the primary issue any more. In two games this season we broke two negative records in Arizona history. Not even last year's patchwork team or Miller's first team here could pull off those catastrophes, yet here we are.
So we broke two negative records this year. It is Miller's 11 year.....would this not of happened sooner if it was all Miller? The facts are we have 3 freshman starting that are the top scoring trio among all freshman nationally. Some of that may have been coaching. They are NOT consistent. Josh Green has been in a slump for a month and Nico (love him) has more confidence than sense sometimes. We have a starter that no one on here thinks should play a minute (before the year started) but he is the only one that looks like a wing defender. We have a 5th year senior that I would label a head case that takes the easy way out whenever he is disappointed or criticized. Hell he was on the all tourney team in Anaheim and just flakes when you need him most.

I would like to see Koloko get more time and also Ira. The transfer guards were suppose to give us firepower and have been hit or miss and one cost us a game. They are iffy on defense and that is being generous. I watch the games and see this team for what it is and not what I want it to be. I get some joy out of seeing them develop whether they win or lose. I have perspective. I know the greatest coach in college basketball did not win a championship (final four) until his 17 year. It was against 25 teams and before that their was some tourneys with 8. Not hard to make it to the final 4 with 8. People talk like Miller doesn't have the skill to make it. That is what they would say about Few or Bennett before they made it to the final 4. Hell Bennett would not have survived this board's judgement after the lost as a 1 seed to a 16. Luckily we weren't judging him.
Some coaches get worse as time goes on, it happens. Sometimes coaches lose their nerve or simply they lose control and quite frankly Miller has admitted since at least the Deandre Ayton season that he's had trouble reaching his players. I mean those are literally his words not mine. Either way outside of Brandon Williams, every player on this roster would've been on this roster regardless of the FBI scandal. Miller's 2018 recruiting class would've been a nightmare. Jahvon Quinerly, Brandon Williams, Nassir Little, Shareef O'Neal, Bol Bol. That class would've looked great, but man it would've been real bad for us with medical issues and headcases galore. The guy just doesn't put together good rosters for one reason or another and it's really catching up with him and guess what? It ain't changing next year!

Mark Few coaches at Gonzaga, they never had a Final Four prior until recently, so what pressure would he be under? Ditto with Bennett at Wisconsin. Sean Miller coaches at Arizona, unfortunately for him Arizona is used to more success and with him getting on the cusp of that success so early into his career at Arizona he set himself up to at least maintain that level of success and barring what happens this season he would have not lived up to that. If that were looking to change next year the fanbase would certainly be more patient, but it's known that our 3 talents are all gone after one year and on top of them we're losing 3 other guys in our rotation, so yeah good luck teaching another whole new group of guys to run the god damn packline efficiently.

I guess it boils down to this. Do you trust that Sean Miller, after all the turmoil he's gone through and knowing what his strengths and weaknesses are after 11 years of coaching at Arizona, can turn this program back around to the level of success it normally warrants? If that answer is yes you have to extend him for a period of years by no later than the end of next season. If that answer is no you have to move on from him by no later than the end of next season. Certainly people like you are in the group that believes he can turn it around and I'm unfortunately no longer part of that group. His weaknesses as a coach, a roster builder, and a talent developer are far too strong at this point for me to have that faith going forward.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

Thought-

Adia Barnes and what she is doing= fun!

Anything related to coach Miller= not fun.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

Scott Drew.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Who would be on your list to replace Millet next year Choo?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bordercat wrote:Thought-

Not even close to being in the same realm in terms of pressure and expectations. Adia is playing with house money in one of the country's greatest CBB venues.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

rgdeuce wrote:

Not even close to being in the same realm in terms of pressure and expectations. Adia is playing with house money in one of the country's greatest CBB venues.
Thank you. You are spot on. Anyone comparing anything Arizona Women's Basketball to Arizona Men's Basketball has no idea what they are talking about
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:Who would be on your list to replace Millet next year Choo?
I make Scott Drew tell me he loves Adidas and Waco more than anything in this world and if he does say that then I move on to Randy Bennett and quite frankly I don't give a crap what skeletons Randy supposedly has in his closet. He's an Arizona guy, with deep west coast and international connections who wins at a small catholic school. He knows how to scheme like a mofo too. If for some reason Heeke/Robbins are scared of Randy's skeletons hire Chris Jans and no I don't give a shit that he got drunk one night and slapped some girls ass in Ohio. People live and learn, which he did. If we don't grab either of those 3 then just fold the University.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Drew would have to be at or near the top of any list.

Some others I'd put out there, just because they've earned my respect: Kevin Willard, Buzz Williams, Chris Beard, Thad Matta.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Who would be on your list to replace Millet next year Choo?
I make Scott Drew tell me he loves Adidas and Waco more than anything in this world and if he does say that then I move on to Randy Bennett and quite frankly I don't give a crap what skeletons Randy supposedly has in his closet. He's an Arizona guy, with deep west coast and international connections who wins at a small catholic school. He knows how to scheme like a mofo too. If for some reason Heeke/Robbins are scared of Randy's skeletons hire Chris Jans and no I don't give a shit that he got drunk one night and slapped some girls ass in Ohio. People live and learn, which he did. If we don't grab either of those 3 then just fold the University.
Yup...honestly would be surprised if Drew turned us down. Like both of Bennett and Jans, and also would be ok with a really good under the radar coach (Steve Forbes and Wes Miller come to mind). Definitely wouldn't want a re-tread, Jamie Dixon-esque hire though.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PHXCATS wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Thank you. You are spot on. Anyone comparing anything Arizona Women's Basketball to Arizona Men's Basketball has no idea what they are talking about
Anyone who doesn't understand what Bordercat is saying in that post is a moron.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

MIAGFP
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Just a reminder, a big reason why Miller will not be fired is because of the lack of attendance and support for football.

Would not be smart anyway with how close the team is to being really good right now, but that lack of money is a major factor if Heeke and co wanted to move on
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Anyone who doesn't understand what Bordercat is saying in that post is a moron.
Seemed pretty straight forward, but please enlighten me.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:Just a reminder, a big reason why Miller will not be fired is because of the lack of attendance and support for football.

Would not be smart anyway with how close the team is to being really good right now, but that lack of money is a major factor if Heeke and co wanted to move on
Truthfully a major reason Miller will not be fired is how bad football has been. Sumlin isn't long for his role at Arizona and Heeke has to go get the money primarily from Sean Miller's biggest supporters. You can't fire Sean Miller without their blessing and then ask money from them to move on from Sumlin.

So sure attendance and support for football isn't great, but that's because the product is fucking garbage, hence why Sumlin is on borrowed time.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Just a reminder, a big reason why Miller will not be fired is because of the lack of attendance and support for football.

Truthfully a major reason Miller will not be fired is how bad football has been. Sumlin isn't long for his role at Arizona and Heeke has to go get the money primarily from Sean Miller's biggest supporters. You can't fire Sean Miller without their blessing and then ask money from them to move on from Sumlin.

So sure attendance and support for football isn't great, but that's because the product is fucking garbage, hence why Sumlin is on borrowed time.
What a dumpster fire our football program is. Fortunately, I'm not a football fan.

It's interesting, though, how the fortunes of the football and basketball programs are strangely intertwined.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

What a dumpster fire our football program is. Fortunately, I'm not a football fan.

It's interesting, though, how the fortunes of the football and basketball programs are strangely intertwined.
I'd further add the idiot running the Pac 12 and his complete inability to negotiate a worthwhile TV contract will continue to hurt Arizona.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

SabinoDrifter wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

I'd further add the idiot running the Pac 12 and his complete inability to negotiate a worthwhile TV contract will continue to hurt Arizona.
No kidding. I'll be celebrating the day I get the Tweet that the Pac 12 Network is going away.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
SabinoDrifter wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

No kidding. I'll be celebrating the day I get the Tweet that the Pac 12 Network is going away.
For fuck sake. Without the PAC-12 network not all games would be televised
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Except they were on Fox Sports Networks before the Pac 12 Network was created. If you're talking baseball/softball/etc. then sure, but football and basketball didn't have any problems being televised before this network was created.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Except they were on Fox Sports Networks before the Pac 12 Network was created. If you're talking baseball/softball/etc. then sure, but football and basketball didn't have any problems being televised before this network was created.
This is not true

2011 2009 and 2008 all had games with no tv at all for football. Two games in 2010 for Men's Basketball were not televised
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

The article is old, but at the end of the 2018 reporting year (June 30), there wasn't a Pac-12 school in top 20 in athletic department revenue and only four in the top 30. Whereas the B1G and SEC have 21 of the top 30 in total revenue. It's a big deal in college football and trickles down to the other sports. I can watch every B1G and SEC game in Tucson, but I have neighbors with DirecTV that can't watch Arizona. It is completely ridiculous.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

SabinoDrifter wrote: I can watch every B1G and SEC game in Tucson, but I have neighbors with DirecTV that can't watch Arizona. It is completely ridiculous.
“No, it’s amazing.” Machina
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Da fuq?

It was easier to watch ALL pac 12 bb and fb games when it was fox sports net.

What choo said
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Da fuq?

It was easier to watch ALL pac 12 bb and fb games when it was fox sports net.

What choo said
Except the facts dont back that up since many games were not on TV at all but continue your false narratives
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

lol complaining about four games over four random years.

I’ve been living out of Arizona since 2004 and could watch any game for any team on fox sports. Even games with same start times!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Sorry you didn’t get the right cable package to watch all fox sports network.

But go ahead view this through the prism of Phx townie like everything else.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:lol complaining about four games over four random years.

I’ve been living out of Arizona since 2004 and could watch any game for any team on fox sports. Even games with same start times!!
And you can get a service provider with PAC-12 network and get every game now. So what is the issue?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Also dont worry about the millions and millions and millions of dollars per year Arizona would need to give back if every game was on Fox Sports Network
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

In Machina World, a large portion of the public being shut out from watching almost all Arizona games is better than five games not being broadcast over four years and across two sports.

Also in Machina World, Sean Miller being not pleased that he has to kowtow to self-important assholes like him just because they are involved in an alumni group = Sean Miller blaming the fans for a loss.

Machina World must be like that bizarro Disneyland Banksy created. Just an awful awful place...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

PHXCATS wrote:

And you can get a service provider with PAC-12 network and get every game now. So what is the issue?
I am not following your point or what you are arguing here, do you not see an issue with the below? I am guessing the real issue is our fans somehow.

Five-year disparity between Pac-12 and Big Ten: $138.8 million per school.

Five-year disparity between Pac-12 and SEC: $128.3 million per school.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/02/04/ ... -catch-up/" target="_blank

That is not a small amount, and puts us at an extreme disadvantage competitively. But at least our commissioner makes the most and we have nice conference offices.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gronk4heisman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

I am not following your point or what you are arguing here, do you not see an issue with the below? I am guessing the real issue is our fans somehow.

That is not a small amount, and puts us at an extreme disadvantage competitively. But at least our commissioner makes the most and we have nice conference offices.
In Machina World this is your fault ... somehow.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

gronk4heisman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

At the time the PAC12 had by far the best broadcasting rights agreement. It is a timing issue. Now Scott deserves blame for having the contracts go as long as they are.

And 100% it is a fans issue. There is not nearly the demand for PAC12 content as there is SEC or Big Ten
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:And 100% it is a fans issue.
Broken record
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
TheCat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Some coaches get worse as time goes on, it happens. Sometimes coaches lose their nerve or simply they lose control and quite frankly Miller has admitted since at least the Deandre Ayton season that he's had trouble reaching his players. I mean those are literally his words not mine. Either way outside of Brandon Williams, every player on this roster would've been on this roster regardless of the FBI scandal. Miller's 2018 recruiting class would've been a nightmare. Jahvon Quinerly, Brandon Williams, Nassir Little, Shareef O'Neal, Bol Bol. That class would've looked great, but man it would've been real bad for us with medical issues and headcases galore. The guy just doesn't put together good rosters for one reason or another and it's really catching up with him and guess what? It ain't changing next year!

Mark Few coaches at Gonzaga, they never had a Final Four prior until recently, so what pressure would he be under? Ditto with Bennett at Wisconsin. Sean Miller coaches at Arizona, unfortunately for him Arizona is used to more success and with him getting on the cusp of that success so early into his career at Arizona he set himself up to at least maintain that level of success and barring what happens this season he would have not lived up to that. If that were looking to change next year the fanbase would certainly be more patient, but it's known that our 3 talents are all gone after one year and on top of them we're losing 3 other guys in our rotation, so yeah good luck teaching another whole new group of guys to run the god damn packline efficiently.

I guess it boils down to this. Do you trust that Sean Miller, after all the turmoil he's gone through and knowing what his strengths and weaknesses are after 11 years of coaching at Arizona, can turn this program back around to the level of success it normally warrants? If that answer is yes you have to extend him for a period of years by no later than the end of next season. If that answer is no you have to move on from him by no later than the end of next season. Certainly people like you are in the group that believes he can turn it around and I'm unfortunately no longer part of that group. His weaknesses as a coach, a roster builder, and a talent developer are far too strong at this point for me to have that faith going forward.
Arizona is use to success......like Lute's .758 winning percentage or Sean .753 winning percentage (I believe it is the 3rd highest in PAC history). I do think he struggles with the way players react to a loss or their motivation. He believes all good springs from team success including how you are viewed as an individual player If that is trouble relating to players today so be it.
I don't think you know what next years roster will look like or play like. Sean says he is looking at bring in 5 more guys and is pretty well along with two. I also don't believe we will have all 3 freshman drafted. They may leave but they are not all going to the NBA. I think it does boil down to one thing. Do you trust Sean Miller? I trust the 3 time Pac 12 coach of the year, with 3 pac12 tourneys and 5 pac12 championships. The 2015 FIBA world champion coach and the co-national coach of the year by USA basketball. He has earned it.
The year is not over.......I am looking forward to the last 8 conference games. Win or Lose.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

PHXCATS wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

At the time the PAC12 had by far the best broadcasting rights agreement. It is a timing issue. Now Scott deserves blame for having the contracts go as long as they are.

And 100% it is a fans issue. There is not nearly the demand for PAC12 content as there is SEC or Big Ten
How is the Pac 12 supposed to have fans when the channel isn't widely available?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

AZCatGirl wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

How is the Pac 12 supposed to have fans when the channel isn't widely available?
Why do you think DirecTV never picked up the PAC12 network? Because there is no demand for it. Not enough people left DirecTV when they didnt get the PAC12 network.

The conference still has good broadcast windows on Fox and espn/abc for football and add CBS for basketball. I will have to double check but no PAC12 games were the top 15 most watched games except opening weekend of Oregon v Auburn and that was all Auburn and SEC fans watching not Oregon or PAC12

I am talking about regular season before bowl games. I know no PAC12 v PAC12 games were top ten most watched games this year and I believe none were in top 15 but have to double check that
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’m so glad I live on the west coast and have lots of shit to with my time rather than sit on my ass and watch games.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’m so glad I live on the west coast and have lots of shit to with my time rather than sit on my ass and watch games.
That is great and fine but that is also why the PAC12 gets less money than the SEC and Big Ten
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This bad fan would rather go skiing, hiking, going out to dinner with my wife, do fun stuff with my kids.

I’m such a bad fan.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’m so glad I live on the west coast and have lots of shit to with my time rather than sit on my ass and watch games.

Same here. That's the nice thing about where I live in coastal Cali. I can do things all year round outside. I truly barbecue 52 weeks out of the year and even make breakfast outside during weekends. I live close to the ocean, lakes, mountains, and so on.

When I grew up in Michigan, I watched a tremendous amount of college basketball and football games, since it was so frickin' cold outside during the fall and winter sport seasons. Come to think of it, summer too since it was so humid outside.

Those things will never change.

Ever been to Lincoln Nebraska?

or Nebraska in general?

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:This bad fan would rather go skiing, hiking, going out to dinner with my wife, do fun stuff with my kids.

I’m such a bad fan.
Your words. Not mine

Do what you want.