Tourney Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Tourney Thread

Post by UAEebs86 »

When the last undefeated team loses do the '76 Hoosiers pop champagne like the '72 Dolphins?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Baylor has pretty much man handled them. Gonzaga was on their heels from the jump. Baylor is so athletic and tough, Zaga didn't know how to respond
I said what I said and I mean it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Doughy Timme is gassed.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

This game makes me appreciate our run in 97 even more.

I'm sure Gonzaga will get there eventually, but it won't be today.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Gonzaga completely shit the bed tonight
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

I know people talk about this take constantly.

I really do think that not being in a tougher conference hurts them. The week in and week out grind of facing athletic teams matters. The teams may not even be that good but you’ll see different defenses etc with much (theoretically) better athletes and players than what you see on a regular basis in the WAC.

The 28-30 + win seasons are great, but after a while they get boring if you can’t reach your goal.

Also don’t get me wrong - they may get over the hump as this is now their 2nd national championship appearance (same as Arizona), but I think a constant power conference schedule does help come March.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Congrats Bears! You earned this championship and then some.

Gonzaga, we feel your pain.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Absolutely satisfying watching Gonzaga get completely punked in the national championship in what was "their year".

Baylor looked fantastic end to end cograts to them!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Brutal disparity
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

No team could have beaten Baylor tonight.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

jajoyce wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:23 pm I know people talk about this take constantly.

I really do think that not being in a tougher conference hurts them. The week in and week out grind of facing athletic teams matters. The teams may not even be that good but you’ll see different defenses etc with much (theoretically) better athletes and players than what you see on a regular basis in the WAC.

The 28-30 + win seasons are great, but after a while they get boring if you can’t reach your goal.

Also don’t get me wrong - they may get over the hump as this is now their 2nd national championship appearance (same as Arizona), but I think a constant power conference schedule does help come March.
Yeah, we won the title when the Pac-12 was at it's peak. Every game was a challenge. As many know, we lost both games on the last weekend of the year
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

jajoyce wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:23 pm I know people talk about this take constantly.

I just feel bad for them there. Because conferences are so football centric, they're basically stuck. They have no real chance at the MWC or Pac without football.

The Big East is the best conference they could pull minus football, and the travel schedule would suck heavily.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... =editorial

Referee Bert Smith Told He Had Blood Clot in Lung After Collapsing at NCAA Tournament
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Damn, he's lucky he's lucky he only blacked out.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Sounds like a pulmonary embolism. He is lucky to be alive.