Caitlin Clark

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

pc in NM

Re: Caitlin Clark

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:41 pm Would have been a lot more if it wasn't on ESPN.
It was on ABC, and ESPN3
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

One of my female cousins who played and coached collegiate basketball posted this. I had no idea.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I didn't watch the men's or the women's game this year, travelling for women's game, would have watched otherwise, but I have watched more women's championship games in the last 5 years than men's. People get up early, that men's game doesn't start til 9 freaking 30. That is really late, I got 3 kids 10 and under, was asleep before it started. It should be on Saturday night.

End whine.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I mean the women's game was on ABC in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday. The men's was late Monday night on cable. They're begging the women to take the ratings. No idea why Turner thought taking the men away from CBS was a smart move.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

The difference was 4 million viewers. If this happened a year ago the PAC would have the top women's programs to sell and maybe we would still be the PAC. Caitlin Clark did this and ESPN/ABC should bow down.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

With Tara VanDerveer retiring I'm not sure how much marquee the Standard women will still have. Can't blame her as this is the perfect time to go.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:lol:

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I see even Biden is getting involved with her WNBA salary. And like I keep saying, that's just peanuts compared to her endorsement deals.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Merkin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 am I see even Biden is getting involved with her WNBA salary. And like I keep saying, that's just peanuts compared to her endorsement deals.
The problem is the WNBA doesn't make money like the NBA. There isn't even close to as much demand. Although Caitlin Clark may help change that. If you want the women to make more, they will need to be subsidized right now.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

For anyone wondering, that’s a parody feed that makes up “funny” quotes from golfers.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Catintheheat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 am
Merkin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 am I see even Biden is getting involved with her WNBA salary. And like I keep saying, that's just peanuts compared to her endorsement deals.
The problem is the WNBA doesn't make money like the NBA. There isn't even close to as much demand. Although Caitlin Clark may help change that. If you want the women to make more, they will need to be subsidized right now.
The Las Vegas Aces have sold out their entire upcoming season already. They play in an arena that seats about 8000 at Mandalay Bay. Some of their games have already been moved to T-Mobile Arena that seats about 18k. Would be cool if they sell out too.