Pac-12 Game Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

az91

Re: Pac-12 Game Thread

Post by az91 »

Good, competitive late night game between Oregon and Wazzu on the PAC-12 Channel going down to the wire...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Wazzu gonna be 3-1 in the PAC
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Washington trip just got a lot more interesting.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
gumby

Post by gumby »

108-99. Jeebus. Beat the Beavs and they exceed their win total of last year and have a share of first. Still the only team with two road wins.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

AZCatGirl wrote:Washington trip just got a lot more interesting.
Not really.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

WSU's Josh Hawkinson on the fans: "They came out in full force tonight and were rowdy."

Attendance was 3,500. Oh, Pac-12.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:WSU's Josh Hawkinson on the fans: "They came out in full force tonight and were rowdy."

The studio crew interviewed Kent after the game, and KO's question was about the attendance "Do you think you can get like 2000-2500 more fans the next game?" and Kent stated that he hoped so cause 22000 students live within proximity of the arena.

I always find it amazing that since 1985 there has been one thing common in PAC attendance. That people show up to see Arizona, both in Tucson and everywhere else.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
gumby wrote:WSU's Josh Hawkinson on the fans: "They came out in full force tonight and were rowdy."

The studio crew interviewed Kent after the game, and KO's question was about the attendance "Do you think you can get like 2000-2500 more fans the next game?" and Kent stated that he hoped so cause 22000 students live within proximity of the arena.

I always find it amazing that since 1985 there has been one thing common in PAC attendance. That people show up to see Arizona, both in Tucson and everywhere else.
What was the stat from the broadcast last night? We've led Pac-12 attendance for like 30 years straight? I know a lot of that has to do with the program being a consistent winner, but their also a culture of support that other schools should look to cultivate. There's far less to do in Pullman than there is in Tucson. Going to the basketball games should be what everyone wants to do on Thursday and Saturday nights.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

gumby wrote:108-99. Jeebus. Beat the Beavs and they exceed their win total of last year and have a share of first. Still the only team with two road wins.
Sounds like a game worth watching.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:

Still don't know why they have such a big arena in Pullman. Larger capacity than UW.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lol @ Colorado.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

I'm going to be chuckling to myself all conference season long if a poor Beaver squad looses like it's top five scorers and it's coach and is still able to challenge for 4th in the pac
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So wsu scored 57 in the first half against Oregon on Thursday and 16 in the first half against Oregon state today.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
az91

Post by az91 »

UAdevil wrote:Lol @ Colorado.
I am always happy when Rado loses. I wonder if Booker mouthed off after the game about how the Buffs would win when ASU goes to Boulder :lol: .
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Seriously?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

UAdevil wrote:Lol @ Colorado.
Beautiful, I just love it. Their "fans" are jumping ship pretty fast. They're sticking with the asu argument of "you only have 1 championship" or the "you don't have any "PAC12" tournament championships" :lol: they're even trying to compare Az basketball to CU football.

5 straight over those loud mouth wannabes, gonna be 6 next month. :D
gumby

Post by gumby »

CBCat wrote:

Seriously?
Yep
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

UW trying to make a case for a 4th PAC team in the tourney, but end up shittin the bed cause they are horrible...no offense to Oregon
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

I would think Washington would absolutely need this game at home vs the Ducks rivals. Oregon is way down this year. What's behind the Huskie downturn this year? Earlier they looked as good as the LA schools looked bad.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CatsbyAZ wrote:I would think Washington would absolutely need this game at home vs the Ducks rivals. Oregon is way down this year. What's behind the Huskie downturn this year? Earlier they looked as good as the LA schools looked bad.
The Huskies have struggled. I mean, I wanna like them...cause they have pieces...but they are just not a great team
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Olsondogg wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:I would think Washington would absolutely need this game at home vs the Ducks rivals. Oregon is way down this year. What's behind the Huskie downturn this year? Earlier they looked as good as the LA schools looked bad.
The Huskies have struggled. I mean, I wanna like them...cause they have pieces...but they are just not a great team
They are up 65-59 now and fighting hard.....on a sidenote, how do you think Upshaw is going to do against us at UW? Will we be able to keep him in check? At times, the Dude looks like a Block Monster!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
They are up 65-59 now and fighting hard.....on a sidenote, how do you think Upshaw is going to do against us at UW? Will we be able to keep him in check? At times, the Dude looks like a Block Monster!

I think we will be fine. I remember reading how big Utah was.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote: on a sidenote, how do you think Upshaw is going to do against us at UW? Will we be able to keep him in check? At times, the Dude looks like a Block Monster!
cue photo of RHJ dunking over that 7'6" UC-irvine kid back in november
Bangkok Wildcat

dirtbags wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote: on a sidenote, how do you think Upshaw is going to do against us at UW? Will we be able to keep him in check? At times, the Dude looks like a Block Monster!
cue photo of RHJ dunking over that 7'6" UC-irvine kid back in november
So what's he going to do with those extra 6 inches vs. Upshaw ;-).....good point but we often seem to draw opponents best games so I wouldn't be surprised to see him to have a huge game.....not worried so much as curious as it's our only game vs UW.....I hate this screwed up scheduling we now have since our expansion.....we should play each team twice each year in the Pac!
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Didn't play. Still managed to get suspended. Well-done!
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

I am intrigued by the Oregon State/UCLA match tomorrow. You have one team that has a decent amount of talent but doesn't play like a team and has generally tuned their coach out versus their near opposite in a team with unheralded talent but that plays like a team and executes what their coach wants. It's a shame this game is being played simultaneously with our game, but it will be fantastically interesting to see how this one turns out.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

SCCat wrote:I am intrigued by the Oregon State/UCLA match tomorrow. You have one team that has a decent amount of talent but doesn't play like a team and has generally tuned their coach out versus their near opposite in a team with unheralded talent but that plays like a team and executes what their coach wants. It's a shame this game is being played simultaneously with our game, but it will be fantastically interesting to see how this one turns out.
Is it at UCLA?
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

CBCat wrote:
SCCat wrote:I am intrigued by the Oregon State/UCLA match tomorrow. You have one team that has a decent amount of talent but doesn't play like a team and has generally tuned their coach out versus their near opposite in a team with unheralded talent but that plays like a team and executes what their coach wants. It's a shame this game is being played simultaneously with our game, but it will be fantastically interesting to see how this one turns out.
Is it at UCLA?
No it's at the Beaver. Line right now is State -1.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Katzenfreund wrote:
And no one in Boulder is in the least bit shocked :lol:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/ ... ded-vs-UW/
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Peace out talented guys that don't play like a team and have tuned their coach out.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

ASU currently killing Cal. Just what we need, a pissed off team.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:ASU currently killing Cal. Just what we need, a pissed off team.
Cal's playing so poorly I don't think it's going to matter.

I mean being down a ton at home to ASU basically says everything that needs to be said.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

SCCat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:ASU currently killing Cal. Just what we need, a pissed off team.

I mean losing at home to ASU basically says everything that needs to be said.
This. Cal started the season 10-1...and has since gone 1-7(if they lose tonight) with home losses to asu, Washington state and cal state Bakersfield
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

SCCat wrote:

I mean being down a ton at home to ASU basically says everything that needs to be said.
That only the Arizona game matters?

Wasn't this the script last year at Haas?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I hope Rabb is watching that awesome basketball Cal is playing.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Seriously, why do I get the feeling that Cuonzo is coaching like his career is just contingent on Saturday?

This won't be the Cal team we see Saturday. Guarantee it.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

catgrad97 wrote:Seriously, why do I get the feeling that Cuonzo is coaching like his career is just contingent on Saturday?

Cal isn't even trying out there. Pretty obvious they only bothered to prepare for us.

This could end up being the biggest win in ASU history.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

AZCatGirl wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Seriously, why do I get the feeling that Cuonzo is coaching like his career is just contingent on Saturday?

Cal isn't even trying out there. Pretty obvious they only bothered to prepare for us.
13:02 of the first half scoreless.

If Martin wasn't such a young coach, I'd suspect him of tanking this one.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Because it's true. Only one team is circled on Cal's calendar this week.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Longhorned wrote:

Because it's true. Only one team is circled on Cal's calendar this week.
And it's an approach to basketball coaching in this conference that could be described as carpetbagging.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Cal has played like this for like seven or eight games in a row. Don't care about (and drop) like seven in a row with a plan for turning it on for game number eight?

Cal should be able to beat ASU at home with absolutely no prep, hungover and resting their three best players. Cal being down 34-13 to ASU at the half to me doesn't signify a team that didn't prepare; it signifies a team that is (and has been) falling apart.

But we will know soon enough.
az91

Post by az91 »

I will never understand the infatuation with Martin as a coach.
Bangkok Wildcat

Katzenfreund wrote:
The only good thing is that Herb will most likely leverage this big win into another extension while the scum fanbase slits their collective wrists.
Lol, was thinking the same thing Katz......as much as I hate to see any ASSU success, anything that helps keep Herbie in his job is ok with me (except any upset over us....ugggh, last year still annoys me).

The funny thing is, no matter how much they complain about Herb, they don't deserve a better Coach. What a pathetic program they have.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

If you lose to ASU by 35 at home not only are you a terrible coach, but you need to be fired immediately. Didn't Tennessee run this guy out of town? I can see why.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Don't thnk this has anything to do with Arizona. Sun Devils routinely lose on the road as travel partner. This is all about Cal unraveling.
Bangkok Wildcat

AZCatGirl wrote:If you lose to ASU by 35 at home not only are you a terrible coach, but you need to be fired immediately. Didn't Tennessee run this guy out of town? I can see why.
No kidding AZCatGirl! Looks like not only the did the team quit on the game but they had no pride at all!!! Unbelievably terrible loss for Cal.....inexcusable and a lot of this has to be squarely on Cuonzo !artin's shoulders.

Are you paying attention Ivan Rabb?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Too bad Monty wasn't working that game.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.