Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Kansas

Post by azgreg »

Temple says hi. Remember Temple? The team that just lost 3 in a row to Tulsa, SMU, and Cincy? That Temple?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

bad loss /bad lôs, bad läs/
noun
the fact or process of losing something or someone in embarrassing fashion.
for example: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400586748
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Another monster big for Will Self and the incredible Daniel Manning:

Cliff Alexander, the one and done top 5 pre-season top 5 recruit, coming in at 2 + 7...

Oh no, not 9....27!

A marginal first rounder :lol:

http://hoopshype.com/galleries/thelight ... Idslide-20

Funny how life works out, The Alexander's played a mean trick on these poor fans, but turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's how you beat Stanford.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

What a disgusting fan base. This doesn't deserve linking, but we should all know what Kansas fans are like...could be worse than ASU?

http://kansas.scout.com/forums/2481-hoo ... ford?s=172

What happened to them?

Plus, lol, they don't even mention the final score or how the team played? Just haters.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Kansas is not a good team.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

salim'sheadband wrote:Kansas is not a good team.
Our record, says otherwise.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
All I can see are blowout losses
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What trash rails on a coach like they did Olson. Flat out ASSUish. There comments were dispicable.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Bosy Billups wrote:What a disgusting fan base. This doesn't deserve linking, but we should all know what Kansas fans are like...could be worse than ASU?

http://kansas.scout.com/forums/2481-hoo ... ford?s=172

What happened to them?

Plus, lol, they don't even mention the final score or how the team played? Just haters.
Thanks Bosy for reminding me how much I hate KU and many of their fans!!! Wow, they think it's funny to bag on Lute that way? Living most of my adult life here in Asia, I really love their high level of respect for elders.....noting these KU clowns nasty comments/jokes about Lute's health really embarasses me as an American. Disgusting.

Additionally, as a Wildcat, if any of our fans pulled crap like this, I'd be all over them....didn't notice one KU fan over there who called that Dbag out for his nasty comment.
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:
Now I beleve you when you called yourself a 'tool' Enfuego.....you didn't even have the class to 'police' your own fanbase' disgusting comments. I guess you are a good rep of KU then???
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I didn't realize Phog.net was the Kansas equivalent of PGU. Or maybe all Kansas fans are low rent assholes. I can't say I've ever met any other type.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Well, in their defense, they learned it from their coach. ;)
-JB
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Chicat wrote:I didn't realize Phog.net was the Kansas equivalent of PGU. Or maybe all Kansas fans are low rent assholes. I can't say I've ever met any other type.
The Phog is awful. The shiver or whatever it's called was worse. Their obsession with Miller 2-3 years ago was at an all time high when he was beating them out for recruits. I think the conclusion is Kansas fans are just annoying as fuck. Even their conference recognizes then as such. Basketball only, of course.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm looking forward to watching Texas curb stomp KU.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

This Kansas/Texas game has been pretty good, game of spurts.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Texas' zone may be one of the worst I have ever seen
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Texas falling apart.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

man, KU winning is reaching ASU winning status for me...
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Kansas looks good taking total control over Texas this second half. Iowa State is their only their in the Big 12, and not all that dependable of one.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Really good win for Kansas, beating the #17 team on their home court.
salim'sheadband

Kansas does only two things reasonably well: shoot threes and offensive rebound. So what does Texas do? Zone the whole game. Rick Barnes everyone!
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'm looking forward to watching Texas curb stomp KU.
Another quality win against a top 25 team by the Jayhawks. Repeat...ANOTHER quality road win.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

salim'sheadband wrote:Kansas does only two things reasonably well: shoot threes and offensive rebound. So what does Texas do? Zone the whole game. Rick Barnes everyone!
I told Machina before the season started Texas wouldn't be a Top 10 team this year, and he said how do you know that? Before I could even respond, somebody posted a picture of Rick Barnes. :lol:
-JB
salim'sheadband

UAEebs86 wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:Kansas does only two things reasonably well: shoot threes and offensive rebound. So what does Texas do? Zone the whole game. Rick Barnes everyone!
I told Machina before the season started Texas wouldn't be a Top 10 team this year, and he said how do you know that? Before I could even respond, somebody posted a picture of Rick Barnes. :lol:
Does anyone know if Texas usually zones or did Barnes just decide to be particularly stupid this game?
gumby

Post by gumby »

In Rick Barnes defense, he is getting REALLY OLD.

#donttellrecruits
Right where I want to be.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Didn't Stanford beat Texas on the road?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Because here's the reality: the Big 12's big eight (Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas and West Virginia) were a pedestrian 12-11 against the RPI top 50 in the nonconference. The "signature" wins? Utah, Georgetown, Michigan State, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa (twice), Butler, Tulsa (twice) and NC State.

Of those 12 teams, only one -- Utah -- is even in the Top 25 right now.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... -big-12-is

Ouch.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
salim'sheadband

I remember the Big 12 was also "the best conference in the country" last year, and they put two teams in the Sweet Sixteen and none in the Elite Eight.
Machina

Post by Machina »

UAEebs86 wrote:
That was actually me, I was the one that posted that picture. Confusing me with someone else.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1116#p36958
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

What Would Tharpe Do?

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Machina wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
That was actually me, I was the one that posted that picture. Confusing me with someone else.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1116#p36958
My bad-thought it was you because I was responding to your post about how tough Kentucky's schedule was because of how many Top 10 teams they were playing.

Maybe next time you know a team is overrated you shouldn't use them as evidence of a tough schedule.

Don't look now but Arizona has played and beaten two top 5 teams in KenPom, top 7 in Sagarin.
-JB
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Their zone is definitely not any better tonight. I can believe they stay in it and have no clue how they are ranked 12 in ADJD according to kenpom
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Rick Barnes has no trouble recruiting talented big men, so why the hell would he need to zone KU anyway?

It's not that he's that stupid of an individual. I just don't think Rick Barnes has the conviction to make the hard moves in-game that sometimes need to be made to make his talent play to its potential.

Look no further than Zach Peters on that score.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

A traditional like any other, Kansas struggles at TCU.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat34 wrote:A traditional like any other, Kansas struggles at TCU.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

That is the craziest stat ever...50 shots - could you imagine if they had won doing that? LOL
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Kansas looking good again against another ranked team, #11 Iowa State.
salim'sheadband

Irish27 wrote:Kansas looking good again against another ranked team, #11 Iowa State.
Kansas looking good at home against a team that plays no defense. Unfortunately they can't take AFH with them.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

A home win.

Hrrrrrrrumph
Bangkok Wildcat

Irish27 wrote:Kansas looking good again against another ranked team, #11 Iowa State.
Yes they are......so disappointing :-)
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

salim'sheadband wrote:
Kansas looking good at home against a team that plays no defense. Unfortunately they can't take AFH with them.
Iowa State would contend for the Pac-12 title. We've won all our road games except our second game of the season against Kentucky. A loss at Temple in a game where the team played like they didn't give a crap and just wanted to go on vacation and against an Iowa State team who has final 4 potential.

You lost to UNLV (an NIT team), Oregon State (an NIT team) and Gonzaga at home (a loss in my book, as the no call over the back that would have sent Gonzaga to the line in regulation to win the game). Unfortunately, Arizona can't take McKale on the road either?

You have one more game against a top 25 team on the road and maybe 4 games in total all year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm counting Kansas' games against Utah, Baylor, and TCU as losses. So technically you're team is 16-6 and would finish a distant fourth in the Pac-12.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:
Iowa State would contend for the Pac-12 title. We've won all our road games except our second game of the season against Kentucky. A loss at Temple in a game where the team played like they didn't give a crap and just wanted to go on vacation and against an Iowa State team who has final 4 potential.

You lost to UNLV (an NIT team), Oregon State (an NIT team) and Gonzaga at home (a loss in my book, as the no call over the back that would have sent Gonzaga to the line in regulation to win the game). Unfortunately, Arizona can't take McKale on the road either?

You have one more game against a top 25 team on the road and maybe 4 games in total all year.
I don't know what you mean by your second sentence. And I don't know how Kansas getting blown out by Temple by 25 points equates to "the team played like they didn't give a crap and just wanted to go on vacation", and yet Arizona's loss at UNLV on the night before Christmas vacation doesn't. Nobody can understand your rule about Arizona's wins counting as losses. But let's get one thing straight: Iowa State wouldn't "contend for" a PAC-12 championship. Iowa State would win the PAC-12 championship.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:I'm counting Kansas' games against Utah, Baylor, and TCU as losses. So technically you're team is 16-6 and would finish a distant fourth in the Pac-12.
I'm calling a "foul" on that logic. Those games were not decided by an obvious last second no call to lead to a Kansas win. We won those legit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego calling a "foul" on logic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:

I don't know what you mean by your second sentence. And I don't know how Kansas getting blown out by Temple by 25 points equates to "the team played like they didn't give a crap and just wanted to go on vacation", and yet Arizona's loss at UNLV on the night before Christmas vacation doesn't. Nobody can understand your rule about Arizona's wins counting as losses. But let's get one thing straight: Iowa State wouldn't "contend for" a PAC-12 championship. Iowa State would win the PAC-12 championship.
Didn't realize it was played on Christmas eve. I didn't want to be so bold as to predict an Iowa State Pac-12 championship, but wanted to give Arizona at least some odds to win. It's hard to measure how good Arizona is, since there are no NCAA teams on your schedule outside of Gonzaga and Utah.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:I'm counting Kansas' games against Utah, Baylor, and TCU as losses. So technically you're team is 16-6 and would finish a distant fourth in the Pac-12.
I'm calling a "foul" on that logic. Those games were not decided by an obvious last second no call to lead to a Kansas win. We won those legit.
I almost gave Kansas a loss in the KSU game too because Self's hairpiece looked crooked after halftime.

I'll use my logic, you use yours.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:

Didn't realize it was played on Christmas eve. I didn't want to be so bold as to predict an Iowa State Pac-12 championship, but wanted to give Arizona at least some odds to win. It's hard to measure how good Arizona is, since there are no NCAA teams on your schedule outside of Gonzaga and Utah.
I'm not letting you get away with some odds to win. Whoever Kansas loses to or beats would take the PAC-12.

Longhorned for President
Not in Our Tomorrow