Pac-12 Game Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Re: Pac-12 Game Thread

Post by gumby »

Cougs erase 13-point lead. In prime position to Coug it.
Right where I want to be.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Stanford takes a bad loss on the road.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

This weekend is turning out rather nicely for Arizona.
Last edited by KaibabKat on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Pac will probably just get two in unless Stanford can upset us or Utah on the road.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Long live Johnny Dawkins
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

AZCatGirl wrote:Pac will probably just get two in unless Stanford can upset us or Utah on the road.
Too much mediocrity out there for this to stand through the conference tourneys. Four- to five-bid league come selection Sunday IMHO.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Xavier Johnson from CU is such a tool.......close to the end of the first half at UCLA, he had an easy bucket or two handed dunk.....instead he goes for the one handed monster slam and misses it and turns the ball over....sweet. He's 0-3 so far.

Is he 'guaranteeing' a win over us this year in Boukder? Will he even not be suspended for the game? What a serious TOOL! :-)
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Colorado has just completely fallen apart. I can't believe the number of easy shots they've missed. Even out of a timeout they can't do anything! Just a huge poorly coached mess.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Katzenfreund wrote:Beaver forum
Holy crap, GarH. Talk about a name from the message board past...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

AZCatGirl wrote:Colorado has just completely fallen apart. I can't believe the number of easy shots they've missed. Even out of a timeout they can't do anything! Just a huge poorly coached mess.
All their fans banked hard on Spencer Dinwiddie returning for his Sr. season after tearing his ACL last year. Instead he ripped their hearts out by going pro. Could not have happened to a better group of people :D .
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

pretty exciting day for sports in seattle. i wonder what attendance at the Cal-UW game will be like. if i'm the huskies athletics marketing dept, i'd invite fans to stick around after the game and watch the superbowl on the jumbotron with the bball team at hec. keep concessions open, do an indoor tailgate, throw in some booze and contests / giveaways, could be a fun outing for the fans and good for UW athletics as well.
az91

Post by az91 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Xavier Johnson from CU is such a tool.......close to the end of the first half at UCLA, he had an easy bucket or two handed dunk.....instead he goes for the one handed monster slam and misses it and turns the ball over....sweet. He's 0-3 so far.

Is he 'guaranteeing' a win over us this year in Boukder? Will he even not be suspended for the game? What a serious TOOL! :-)
This year, Booker is the jerk that is "guaranteeing" the win in Boulder.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

az91 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Xavier Johnson from CU is such a tool.......close to the end of the first half at UCLA, he had an easy bucket or two handed dunk.....instead he goes for the one handed monster slam and misses it and turns the ball over....sweet. He's 0-3 so far.

This year, Booker is the jerk that is "guaranteeing" the win in Boulder.
Doesn't he need 4 other players then? In Tucson, it was 1 on 5 ;-).
gumby

Post by gumby »

These middling teams have just stopped playing defense. So many easy buckets in that Cal-UW game.
Right where I want to be.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Oh great :P Walton is calling this UCLA-Stanford game :D
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

UCLA sticking it to the Cardinal this first half. Up 31-15. Hitting everything.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

A bit surprised here.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Stanford probably would've won if they could hit an open 3. Now the game is out of hand and they've given up.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CatsbyAZ wrote:UCLA sticking it to the Cardinal this first half. Up 31-15. Hitting everything.
UCLA is another February team.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UCLA in control. Still a 2-posession stranglehold with three minutes left.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

WTF was Randle doing? He totally freaked out when he could've tied the game or at least get it to 1.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Don't get why Alford called a timeout, but they're very lucky to escape with a win. 22 point lead and you win by 2... wow.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

AZCatGirl wrote:WTF was Randle doing? He totally freaked out when he could've tied the game or at least get it to 1.
Randle is absolutely terrible in late-game situations. Could have taken one more dribble on the last shot even...nah. Chucker.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good to see OSU starting to fill up Gill Colosium once again besides for when we play them
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Pop McKale wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:WTF was Randle doing? He totally freaked out when he could've tied the game or at least get it to 1.
Randle is absolutely terrible in late-game situations. Could have taken one more dribble on the last shot even...nah. Chucker.
Hard to believe he was ever in the conversation for player of the year.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
az91

Post by az91 »

Cal beats USC on a last second shot. It would be fun to see them do that to UCLA too.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

If that shot hadn't fallen, USC's only 2 conference wins would've been against Cal.

Cuonzo Martin is still a terrible coach.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Terrible effort out on the court by Stanford tonight esp Randle. Horrible. Like they weren't playing for anything but those Master's degree's Bill was so impressed with.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

This kind of February flop by the early favorites is so typical of the Pac-12 and really does more to hamper Arizona than most of its on-court performances under Miller over the last two seasons.

And, once again, UCLA is playing not to be humiliated. The Bruins can't sustain this...but will just enough to challenge Arizona.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

The Oregon - SC game was a really ugly watch last night.

Has Andy Enfield done a single positive thing for Trojans basketball?

Meanwhile, I'd say that given the disastrous offseason, Altman is putting together a much better than expected season. This'll be the Ducks 3rd straight Tourny should they keep things going.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

go 'furd, stick it to the uteses
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:The Oregon - SC game was a really ugly watch last night.

Has Andy Enfield done a single positive thing for Trojans basketball?

Meanwhile, I'd say that given the disastrous offseason, Altman is putting together a much better than expected season. This'll be the Ducks 3rd straight Tourny should they keep things going.
Oregon getting into the tourney this season would be a miracle.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Isn't it more like the pac2 this year?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

az91

Post by az91 »

Always nice to see ASU lose. Fortunately, they made Wazzu work for this win.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Happy Asu lost, but at this point for our resume we want osu and Asu doing well.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Happy Asu lost, but at this point for our resume we want osu and Asu doing well.
Don't be stupid. It doesn't matter if they do well or not.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Beachcat97 wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
After losing to UCLA soon (down by 8 with 4 min left) it'd be an uphill battle. But miracle? Naw. How many otherwise unqualified teams have we seen qualify since the tourney expended about 4 years ago? Plenty.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
CatsbyAZ wrote:
After losing to UCLA soon (down by 8 with 4 min left) it'd be an uphill battle. But miracle? Naw. How many otherwise unqualified teams have we seen qualify since the tourney expended about 4 years ago? Plenty.
I'm just not seeing any quality wins on Oregon's schedule up to this point. They've lost to some bad teams, too.

It's looking like AZ, Utah, Stanford, and UCLA right now.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

NIT for Stanford. And shock of all shocks, Randle chokes again.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

AZCatGirl wrote:NIT for Stanford. And shock of all shocks, Randle chokes again.
Well he's coached by Dawkins, so there's that.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Will Washington win another game? I wouldn't be shocked to see that.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

c'mon cal, let's make it six in a row!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

The PAC 12 will be decided on the 28th.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah Utah just is improving more and more. Still have 3 games before that though
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I wouldn't concede a road sweep on the Oregon Trail to Utah just yet.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I wouldn't either but dare I say I'm more impressed now then I was a few weeks. Their fans are going to be nasty and out for blood that day. Some of their players seems to have a problem with the CATS too. No reason we shouldn't be motivated that day.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

espn will be televising the game, too. i just hope our guys can stay healthy through the next three games. it's tough to look past ucla or 'rado@coors at this point.

anyway, i read last week that a bunch of the 'tah kids were battling the flu - so i was hoping for a nice surprise from cal or furd. my hats off to the utes for hanging up a nice couple of wins.
az91

Post by az91 »

Parker fouled out with one point in the UCLA- ASU game. Great job, Tony.