Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Kansas

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:Unbiased opinion...
Holy shit that's hilarious.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

SCCats wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:How about a side bet that a seven-loss team isn't getting a 2 seed.
Of course for Kansas that's the bet I'm proposing. But Enfuego will say he didn't come back today or tomorrow or whatever other day he needs to say to not technically be a part of the bet because he knows what will happen.

The important lesson here actually is for the lower boards: when you know what a person's disposition is, when you know what a nation is going to do, you can use that against them. Here, there, wherever: I know what your disposition is, and I can use it against you to trap you. To put you in an untenable place.

Here Enfuego will NEVER respond to my bet. He can't; he's in a lose/lose spot. And what's the worse case for me? I lose $100?

I've won before he's even responded because I've trapped him into saying Kansas is a 2 seed.
Kansas deserves a 2 seed. Why would I bet on something which the team can't control (no, they can't control the politics of the committee member's bias). It's been a while since KU last played Arizona and gave your team a beat down. Maybe Arizona will be the three seed in our Bracket in the Midwest Region this March?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The committee is biased AGAINST Kansas? Ha!

The fact that they'll likely get a 3 seed shows they're looking at the name on the jersey and giving the Jayhawks the benefit of the doubt. Especially with your injury and eligibility questions.

Nice try enfuego.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:How about a side bet that a seven-loss team isn't getting a 2 seed.
Of course for Kansas that's the bet I'm proposing. But Enfuego will say he didn't come back today or tomorrow or whatever other day he needs to say to not technically be a part of the bet because he knows what will happen.

The important lesson here actually is for the lower boards: when you know what a person's disposition is, when you know what a nation is going to do, you can use that against them. Here, there, wherever: I know what your disposition is, and I can use it against you to trap you. To put you in an untenable place.

Here Enfuego will NEVER respond to my bet. He can't; he's in a lose/lose spot. And what's the worse case for me? I lose $100?

I've won before he's even responded because I've trapped him into saying Kansas is a 2 seed.
Kansas deserves a 2 seed. Why would I bet on something which the team can't control (no, they can't control the politics of the committee member's bias). It's been a while since KU last played Arizona and gave your team a beat down. Maybe Arizona will be the three seed in our Bracket in the Midwest Region this March?
So is that a no on the bet? Because I see the word "deserve" but deserve has nothing to do with it.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Yep, those are the words of a boy who is scared to take a bet.

Kansas is lucky to be ranked because of the way the NCAAB landscape is extremely top-heavy this year. Same reason all these shit B12 teams are ranked in the high teens and mid 20s. AZ and a few other handful teams at the top are vying for the title, everyone else is irrelevant barring some beyond magical tourney run.
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

enfuego wrote:Unbiased opinion... OU would win the Pac-12. ...
The same Oklahoma team that lost to Washington?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Somehow I'm not buying that Kansas fans are clamoring for a 3-seeded positioning in the west bracket to come "beat down" this Arizona team.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Kansas would sweep Arizona. :lol:

Don't know what you are smoking fuegs, but you unless you have a medical marijuana card, you know that shit ain't legal in Arizona yet?

The team that beat you in the tourney last year just got a 22 point beatdown in McKale.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:Somehow I'm not buying that Kansas fans are clamoring for a 3-seeded positioning in the west bracket to come "beat down" this Arizona team.
Not sure I'm sold on Arizona staying out West. Villanova will be the #1 Seed out West. I see Arizona being a 3 seed in the Midwest to Kansas's #2 seed. I'm just saying it would be fun to put our traditional beat down on Arizona, if Arizona is put in our region.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The only KU tradition I can think of is early exit. Not beat down.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Pass the pipe enflamo.
-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Fuegs, there is not a chance AZ drops a seed below KU. What the hell are you smoking.

You better just concentrate on winning your tourney and holding on to the 2 seed in the midwest. 1 more loss and I think you will get a 3.

That and you better hope Ellis gets back to 100%.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There is 0 chance of Arizona not being in the west enfuego. You must not follow basketball much if you think that. And traditional beat down? Your 8 wins against us all time are by an average of 3.5 points
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

This is the least intimidating Kansas squad in years, wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if we drew them in round 1
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASUHATER! wrote:There is 0 chance of Arizona not being in the west enfuego. You must not follow basketball much if you think that. And traditional beat down? Your 8 wins against us all time are by an average of 3.5 points

When you lose 6 games, many of them by double digits, 3.5 points is considered big. Especially in victory

I can't get over losing to a team that UDUB beat. What did they finish, 11th?
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Zero

Post by Zero »

Kansas won't make it out of the first weekend.

Gimpy Ellis and Selden, Cliff ruined by mommy and suspended head case Greene aren't taking you anywhere.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Zero wrote:Kansas won't make it out of the first weekend.

Gimpy Ellis and Selden, Cliff ruined by mommy and suspended head case Greene aren't taking you anywhere.
Much like my on again, off again erectile dysfunction, there are many questions for KU going into this tournament from a health perspective. One thing is clear, we are battle tested. This is a very talented KU squad, but much of that talent is young.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We'd beat Kansas by 20.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

enfuego wrote:

Much like my on again, off again erectile dysfunction, there are many questions for KU going into this tournament from a health perspective. One thing is clear, we are battle tested. This is a very talented KU squad, but much of that talent is young.

Is this guy for real?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CBCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Is this guy for real?
Lol

I love that someone edits my posts and it doesn't leave an "edited" notification.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

enfuego wrote:
CBCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Is this guy for real?
Lol

I love that someone edits my posts and it doesn't leave an "edited" notification.
We only keep you around for our amusement.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I am just waiting for Enfuego's conciliatory post after the first weekend.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

WildcatStunner wrote:I am just waiting for Enfuego's conciliatory post after the first weekend.
Open invitation to anyone who wants to go catch a tourney game this year. Same invite as every year which is never taken.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sorry, I have to wash my hair.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Sorry, I have to wash my hair.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

I have to say, I really hate when your trolling is awful enfuego. You have a long history of some pretty good ones.

There's zero chance you actually believe that Arizona is going to be a 3 seed.

There's zero chance you actually believe that Oklahoma would win the Pac-12 this year.

It's clear you enjoy trolling us. There are actually times when it's pretty fun for me to read even. But it's been a bit...you're slipping bud.
Bear Down Vegas

And I'm considering going to Staples for the West - if Kansas ends up there - I'll meet you at the game for a beer. So you don't continue your "no takers" streak.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Wait. None of you Arizona fans live in Arizona?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

enfuego wrote:Wait. None of you Arizona fans live in Arizona?
I live in Phoenix. As much as I would enjoy meeting and watching Kansas lose with you. The first rounds of the NCAA tournament I spend in Vegas with friends betting on the games.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:Open invitation to anyone who wants to go catch a tourney game this year. Same invite as every year which is never taken.
I'd rather jack off a polar bear with a fist full of tacks.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It would be kind of interesting to talk to someone who follows Arizona so closely and yet has such a delusional view of the program and college basketball in general.

Wait, scratch that...

I just described Machina.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'd rather wash Chicat's hair.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'd rather be convicted for a crime I didn't commit.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Chicat wrote:It would be kind of interesting to talk to someone who follows Arizona so closely and yet has such a delusional view of the program and college basketball in general.

Wait, scratch that...

I just described Machina.
:lol:
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

I think it's cute that SI picked Arizona and Northern Iowa to be on their covers in Kansas and the surrounding areas. I guess they wanted to pick teams who could actually beat Kentucky.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Isn't ASU going Adidas?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL @ Adidas. Have they made a decent shoe since the late 90s?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:Isn't ASU going Adidas?
I believe they are next year starting with football season.
Bear Down Vegas

salim'sheadband wrote:I think it's cute that SI picked Arizona and Northern Iowa to be on their covers in Kansas and the surrounding areas. I guess they wanted to pick teams who could actually beat Kentucky.
This would be funny if it was a guess beforehand and also pretty funny even if it wasn't true.

But stated as a fact....lolololol
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:Isn't ASU going Adidas?
Are the jerseys actually that half shirt length? I would actually really think that was awesome.

Zero

Post by Zero »

Those are so bad! Even most of the posters at Phog hate them.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Kansas escapes over TCU.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

With Perry Ellis I'm starting to get that Loren Woods 2000 vibe. Teasing that he's ok, he'll be back for the tourney. Then never plays and after the fact we all learned that there was no chance he was coming back that post season...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why does TCU play Kansas so tough?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:Why does TCU play Kansas so tough?
TCU would win the PAC-12. Regular season and tourney.
-JB
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Chicat wrote:Why does TCU play Kansas so tough?
They have trouble defending TCU's backcourt. Trey Ziegler saved his best for Kansas, with two 20-pt games (tied for his highest points this season) and a double-double in the other game (12/11), and if Kyan Anderson had played as well today as he did in their two prior games (31 p/9a in prior 2 games, 3 & 3 today), Kansas would be on the bus back to Lawrence.

That, and Bill Self is a weenus.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

TCU would beat Arizona by 40 points.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Those uniforms are f'in hideous.