Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Puerco wrote:247 crystal ball has UA and KU tied at the moment. A big swing toward UA during July.
There's also a growing sense that he's not going to play college ball.
Amongst who exactly? That was the rumor long ago, but since then he's all but confirmed he's going the college route.
I know a guy who knows a guy...
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Puerco wrote:247 crystal ball has UA and KU tied at the moment. A big swing toward UA during July.
Amongst who exactly? That was the rumor long ago, but since then he's all but confirmed he's going the college route.
Exactly, CC.

Beachcat, where exactly are you getting this? When the rumor sprung up JJ quashed it immediately. Should be end-of-discussion unless you can add something objective.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

His source is enfuego.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Exactly, CC.

Beachcat, where exactly are you getting this? When the rumor sprung up JJ quashed it immediately. Should be end-of-discussion unless you can add something objective.
I didn't see where JJ denied this rumor. Link? The chatter among UK and KU insiders is that he's not playing college ball, and that if he does, he's going to MSU or Duke.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Pretty sure Duke isn't recruiting him like that with a commitment from Tatum
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Exactly, CC.

I didn't see where JJ denied this rumor. Link? The chatter among UK and KU insiders is that he's not playing college ball, and that if he does, he's going to MSU or Duke.
Well that seals the deal, total bullcrap.

This was just a month ago....so yes he denied this rumor quite vehemently in plain English.
The schools recruiting him should keep calling.

“I’ve heard that as well,” Jackson told Sporting News. “That’s not true. I’m definitely going to college.”
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... mpionships
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Main Event wrote:Pretty sure Duke isn't recruiting him like that with a commitment from Tatum
Huh? Can you imagine having both those guys in your frontcourt? I don't see it as a position problem. Any coach would kill to get those two.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Main Event wrote:Pretty sure Duke isn't recruiting him like that with a commitment from Tatum
Huh? Can you imagine having both those guys in your frontcourt? I don't see it as a position problem. Any coach would kill to get those two.
Duke is recruiting him so hard they haven't even offered him a scholarship.

http://www.scout.com/player/173462-josh-jackson/news
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... son-140396
http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Jackson-21374

You're a troll aren't you?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

These things are more for fun than anything and are far from subjective truth, but man oh man the juice in this recruitment is definitely with Duke and MSU at this point wouldn't you say?

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions

I mean when two guys from the Duke website picks Arizona just a week ago that for sure means he's going to Duke right?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

perfect fit
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Beachcat97 wrote:
EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Exactly, CC.

How about your links, BC? No? Thought not...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Top 2016 recruit Josh Jackson: ‘I’m definitely going to college’

Jun 17, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
1 Comment
Kelly Kline/Under Armour Kelly Kline/Under Armour

There have long been rumors that Josh Jackson, one of the top prospects in a loaded Class of 2016, will skip college and head to the professional ranks overseas.

Jackson, who is currently in training camp with USA Basketball’s U-19 team in the hopes of playing in the World Championships in Greece in July, tried to quell those rumors.

“I’ve heard that as well,” Jackson told Sporting News of the speculation. “That’s not true. I’m definitely going to college.”

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... /#comments
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I stand corrected. Here's hoping his positive experience at the U-19 steers him toward Tucson.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Corey Evans just shifted his prediction from us to Maryland. Odd...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Predicting where college basketball's top 10 uncommitted recruits will play

By Ricky O'Donnell
@SBN_Ricky on Jul 23, 2015, 1:30p

The pick: This one feels totally up in the air. It wouldn't surprise recruiting insiders to see Jackson skip college altogether to play pro ball overseas, though he has insisted he won't do that. Given the connection with USA U19 coach Sean Miller, we'll go with Arizona.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... cky-kansas
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Missed this article in June. ;)

Class of 2016 5-star recruit Josh Jackson visits Arizona and current USA U19 coach Sean Miller

By Bruce Pascoe, Arizona Daily Star June 16, 2015

“I think it plays a role for both Sean Miller and Josh Jackson,” Scout analyst Josh Gershon says. “For Sean, he gets to know what kind of kid Josh is, how hard he works and what he needs to work on. And for Josh, he’s gaining familiarity with Sean, not only as a coach but as a person. They have a lot of time to talk. It is an advantage.”

“I’m pretty much open to whatever school wants to recruit me as long as I feel it would be the right place to go, a nice place to be,” he said. “Although schools (may) have a great history or great program or great teams, a player has to make sure that school would be the right place for that player.”

One criteria, for sure, that Jackson is seeking: His college program will have to be highly competitive.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/class-of-20 ... ean-miller
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Every time I read "perfect fit" I get more excited. Getting to see him twice here in Vegas last week, he is our no-brainer number one on the wish list. I'm not even sure it's close. At all.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Right where I want to be.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

RIP BDV
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
Perfect fit
That's what she said.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Is his list still down to 9 schools? or less now.

errata.
okay, just found this. Down to 5-6 schools?

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Jackson-21374

LL Predictions

Arizona
50%
Kansas
36%
Maryland
7%
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona/st ... ecruitment

“Right now, Kansas, Michigan State, Arizona, and Maryland are talking with me all the time," Jackson said. "Kansas has a history of producing wings like me and Coach Self is good guy while Michigan State is close to where I grew up and they’re in the hunt every season.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I hope he chooses AZ. Chances are we won't know until next summer.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:http://www.scout.com/college/arizona/st ... ecruitment

“Right now, Kansas, Michigan State, Arizona, and Maryland are talking with me all the time," Jackson said. "Kansas has a history of producing wings like me and Coach Self is good guy while Michigan State is close to where I grew up and they’re in the hunt every season.
Wait there's something wrong here. Where's Duke? :lol:
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Mom's a tough lady. ;)

Mom says no: Non-interview with UA target Josh Jackson

July 23, 2015 12:36 am • Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star

LAS VEGAS – Not surprisingly for perhaps the top player in the class of 2016, Josh Jackson attracted a sizable media crowd after his first game in the Las Vegas Fab 48 on Wednesday.

Then his mother, Apples Jones, showed up.

Nobody can talk to Josh until they talk to somebody else (on the team) first,” she said.

Jones, who created the 1 Nation club that Jackson plays for, was trying to gain some attention for her other players and take a load off her son.
But since most of them are from Michigan and not UA recruiting targets, I told her I wasn’t going to pretend to be interested in another player just so I could talk to Josh.

“I respect that,” she said, later adding that interviews for her son were “nothing but a distraction.”

So, no dice. No detail on how Jackson felt playing for Sean Miller at the U19 World Championships or anything, after I had a conversation with Jackson at USA Basketball’s U19 training camp last month that led to this story.
http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/m ... 8e0b5.html
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

An interesting tactic by mom.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

“Nobody can talk to Josh until they talk to somebody else (on the team) first,” she said.

Love it!

Smart strategy from Mrs. J!

I bet CSM has a similar rule.
gumby

Post by gumby »

“Nobody can talk to Josh until they talk to somebody else (on the team) first,” she said.

"Hi, so I hear you're the point guard on Josh Jackson's team?"

"Yes."

"What school do you think he'll attend and why?"

"You're wasting my time."

"And mine, but those are the rules."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:“Nobody can talk to Josh until they talk to somebody else (on the team) first,” she said.

"Yes."

"Hey kid, what's your favorite color? Great... great... Hey Josh, let's chat."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:“Nobody can talk to Josh until they talk to somebody else (on the team) first,” she said.

"Yes."

"Hey kid, what's your favorite color? Great... great... Hey Josh, let's chat."
LOL!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Perfect fit. Plenty of room.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

gumby wrote:Perfect fit. Plenty of room.
More than enough room after yesterday.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Josh Jackson to Visit Maryland Unofficially, Arizona, Kansas Officially
NEW YORK — Josh Jackson will take an unofficial visit to Maryland in the next two weeks and will likely take officials to Arizona and Kansas during the school year, his mother told SNY.tv.

The 6-foot-7 Jackson attends Napa (CA) Justin-Siena and is the No. 1 shooting guard in the Class of 2016 according to 247Sports.com. He figures to be a projected lottery pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com.

“We’ll take [an unofficial] to Maryland, we’re going to try to go in between here and Elite 24 [on Aug. 22],” Apples Jones, Jackson’s mother and a Michigan native, told SNY.tv at the Big Strick Classic practice Friday afternoon at the Gauchos Gym. “We’re going to try to squeeze it in.

“Maryland has come a long way, they’re getting in the game.”

Jones listed Arizona, Kansas, Michigan State and UCLA as the other schools working hardest for her son, who wore a GoPro camera during practice Friday.

“Right now as far as I can see and who I talk to, Arizona, Kansas, Michigan State, UCLA,” she said. “I spend a lot of time talking to those guys.”

Once Jackson finishes his standardized tests, he’ll plan some official visits.

“At this moment Josh just passed the SAT and he’s working on the ACT,” she said. “Once he finishes those tests he’ll be more focused on where he’s going to go for his college. We already took an unofficial to Arizona. We’ve been to Michigan State.”

Michigan State is the home-state school for Jones and her son.

“Michigan State was good,” she said. “Coach [Tom] Izzo, I think he’s a good coach. He cares about the kids and playing in his system. Those kids seem to develop.”

Official visits will come during the school year.

“When school starts we’ll start to take some of the official visits during his senior year,” Jones said. “I know Arizona [will likely get a visit]. I haven’t really talked to Josh about it because I don’t really want him focusing on it. I’m sure Kansas, we’ll take that visit.”

Asked if Kentucky was involved, Jones said, “No, not at all.”

Jackson could decide in the fall or the spring.

“He’s definitely going to take those five [official] visits and shortly after that I think Josh will be committing,” she said. “If not November, April. I know he takes that ACT test in November.”

Asked about rumors that her son might play overseas instead of going to college, Jones flatly dismissed those.

“I don’t know [where they came from], “I can’t control it,” she said. “I’m as shocked as other people who read it. Everything will take care of itself.”
http://zagsblog.com/articles/josh-jacks ... fficially/
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

5-star recruit Josh Jackson predicts 50-point game, then does it

By Ricky O'Donnell
@SBN_Ricky on Aug 9, 2015, 11:33a
Josh Jackson is somewhere between the No. 1 and No. 3 player in the class of 2016, depending on what recruiting service you're going by. He's an ultra-athletic 6'8, 200-pound wing fresh off a gold medal with USA Basketball's U19 team, and he's now being courted by just about every major program in the country.

On Saturday in New York, he showed why. Jackson predicted a 50-point performance before the Big Strick Classic in the Bronx, then went out and scored exactly 50. The game had an exhibition feel to it, but the show Jackson put on was still impressive.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... en-does-it
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

And UA now winning the 247 Crystal Ball Sweepstakes! Let's go hang a banner.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Wonder why Calipari isn't on his nuts yet?
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

rgdeuce wrote:Wonder why Calipari isn't on his nuts yet?
Because he's a master recruiter and he keeps his pimp hand strong... 8-)

"I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do."

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... g-kentucky
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

TFCATFAN wrote: "I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do."

Except Stanley Johnson.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

TFCATFAN wrote:

"I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do."

Just for clarity, that's a Garry Parrish quote, not a Calipari quote.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Puerco wrote:
TFCATFAN wrote:

Just for clarity, that's a Garry Parrish quote, not a Calipari quote.
Just to further clarify, that's Gary Parrish quoting John Calipari, as he heard it, off the record.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

That's Parrish quoting a guy or guys' account of what Clipart said.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

tid bits of info..hmmm could decide in November eh? ;)

Top-Ranked Josh Jackson Takes Unofficial Visit to Maryland

Josh Jackson, the No. 1 player in the Class of 2016, was spotted on campus at Maryland on an unofficial this evening, sources told InsideMDSports.

Jackson, a 6-foot-7 guard from Detroit, recently planned his visit to College Park this month, his mother said in a recent interview.

“Maryland has come a long way, they’re getting in the game," Jackson's mother, Apples Jones told Adam Zagoria.

An elite athlete with NBA size and advanced skills, Jackson is regarded as one of the most promising guard prospects to come through the high school ranks during the past decade. For Mark Turgeon, getting him on campus is
significant for a couple of reasons beyond his status as the nation's top recruit: he hasn't taken many visits in his recruitment, and according to his mother, he could decide in November after taking official visits.

More ... Latest Inside Scoop on Josh Jackson?

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Top-Ranked-Jo ... d-38796281

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/8/17/9 ... sh-jackson
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I like that one guy from The Shiver has flipped his prediction from KU to UA...
97cats

Post by 97cats »

perfect fit
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Getting JJ would more than make up for losing TJ.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ZonaCat doesn't think so:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:ZonaCat doesn't think so:
Would he know?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:ZonaCat doesn't think so:
Would he know?
No

Andrew just thinks the UnderArmour connection is too strong and that he'll end up at Maryland.

He's also someone who suggested we "shut it down" when it came to the Aaron Gordon recruitment because it seemed like things weren't trending our way. :)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

5-star SG Josh Jackson planning to visit Michigan State again

Jeff Borzello

@jeffborzello

Elite prospect Josh Jackson said he wants to visit Michigan State, Kansas and Arizona. Recently visited Maryland.
12:12 PM - 21 Aug 2015

http://spartanavenue.com/2015/08/21/5-s ... ate-again/
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Maryland's got grass, right? Really nice grass.