Damion Lee

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jwsisliving

Re: Damion Lee

Post by Jwsisliving »

Apparently ace has called Lee to U of A.

On an related note, screw that site. Apparently if you ask a simple question like 'how if Lee commited, how would that effect Toffelson' and you get your post deleted. Talk about over-moderation.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

There are many reasons to ssrew that site, my friend. Reasons a plenty
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lee doesn't seem wowed.

http://collegebasketball.scout.com/stor ... louisville

“I’m still going to coordinate that with my mom with her work schedule,” Lee told Scout. “I got to make sure that, that coordinates together. We’ll start setting up those other visits.”
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

“Really just the same thing,” he said. “Come in and contribute and help their young guys out and be a leader and expect to score and expect to produce at a high level. They are playing against high-level competition. That was really it.”

Lee, a 6-foot-6 wing, said the atmosphere and the demeanor of the people in the area was among the things that stood out to him about his visit.

“Of course the weather and just I think more so how everything is laid back,” he responded when asked about the visit. “There are good people there as well. The people there are great and very supportive of UA. Even when I walking around campus people were saying my name and I was only there for two days.”

Sounds like he was okay with the visit. No game at McKale, so no appreciation for the crowd / fan support.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:Lee doesn't seem wowed.

http://collegebasketball.scout.com/stor ... louisville

“I’m still going to coordinate that with my mom with her work schedule,” Lee told Scout. “I got to make sure that, that coordinates together. We’ll start setting up those other visits.”
What in a piece like this would make him seem wowed?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Wows on hold until Stan decides.
Right where I want to be.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Looks like Lee has a lot of options, but in the end, what school will get him the most visibility next season? We know he'd fit well with Sean Miller's system, so whether or not Stanley comes back (probably not) is just another factor. I'm betting he felt very comfortable during his visit.. so maybe it's a matter of finishing his visits... but what do I know.

Just early morning musing.
Wish I had premium info.. ;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

HiCat wrote:Looks like Lee has a lot of options, but in the end, what school will get him the most visibility next season? We know he'd fit well with Sean Miller's system, so whether or not Stanley comes back (probably not) is just another factor. I'm betting he felt very comfortable during his visit.. so maybe it's a matter of finishing his visits... but what do I know.

I don't think this visit was about making him fall in love with the school or the program, much like what happens on visits from high school recruits, but more an opportunity to sit down face to face with the staff, see the facilities, and hear Arizona's pitch. And Arizona's pitch probably went something like:

"If Stanley leaves, you're our guy. We'd love for you to come in, take over the 3 spot, be a mentor to a young team, and compete for a championship. So after you take your trip to Louisville, and Stanley makes his decision, let's talk again about how you would be featured here at the University of Arizona."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote:
HiCat wrote:Looks like Lee has a lot of options, but in the end, what school will get him the most visibility next season? We know he'd fit well with Sean Miller's system, so whether or not Stanley comes back (probably not) is just another factor. I'm betting he felt very comfortable during his visit.. so maybe it's a matter of finishing his visits... but what do I know.

I don't think this visit was about making him fall in love with the school or the program, much like what happens on visits from high school recruits, but more an opportunity to sit down face to face with the staff, see the facilities, and hear Arizona's pitch. And Arizona's pitch probably went something like:

"If Stanley leaves, you're our guy. We'd love for you to come in, take over the 3 spot, be a mentor to a young team, and compete for a championship. So after you take your trip to Louisville, and Stanley makes his decision, let's talk again about how you would be featured here at the University of Arizona."
Premium info eh Chi. :)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

HiCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Premium info eh Chi. :)
Nah, call it an educated guess.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Yea, I know, just messin w/ you brah.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This could mean that Arizona lost out on Lee. Have to wait and see.

https://twitter.com/JasonScheer/status/ ... 1055948801
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

"Louisville sure as heck thinks it is getting him"

hmmmm, wait and see I guess.

There’s a little more clarity for Lee at Louisville than at Arizona, which is still waiting to hear whether freshman wing Stanley Johnson would return or

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terp ... story.html

"Lee is in no rush to make a decision. He hopes to choose a school in early May."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp ... /25841223/
Last edited by HiCat on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Longhorned wrote:This could mean that Arizona lost out on Lee. Have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure that means we are more likely to get Lee. If Scheer says it, you know it to be wrong.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Longhorned wrote:This could mean that Arizona lost out on Lee. Have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure that means we are more likely to get Lee. If Scheer says it, you know it to be wrong.
It's early for me so I can't detect sarcasm, but Lee to Louisville is all over Twitter. Journalists who cover Louisville are saying it. All signs point to Louisville thinking that Lee is going to Louisville. Doesn't mean it will happen, but that's what's all over the place right now. Not coming from Scheer.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Stay cool.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Louisville it is. Hope this means Stanley is coming back.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat34 wrote:
GOD I HOPE SO!!!!!!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee

Rob Dauster

Apr 23, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT

Louisville has landed Damion Lee, a 6-foot-6 wing that was the most sought-after graduate transfer on the market this spring. He’ll be eligible immediately.

Lee announced his decision on twitter on Thursday morning. As a junior at Drexel, Lee averaged 21.4 points before a hand injury sidelined him for the final month of the season. He’ll have a chance to make a major impact for the Cardinals, one that Louisville fans waited four years to get from Wayne Blackshear.
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... amion-lee/
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Stay cool.

At this point I'm going to guess that Tollefsen passes on Arizona as well. No premium info, just at a human level of making your own way instead of going to play backup minutes for a program that didn't prioritize you. He still has SDSU and UCLA as options. So now looking at the possibility of a strike out.

Either way, it will be an interesting transition year ("down year") with an eye toward paying off the year after.
Last edited by Longhorned on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

HiCat wrote:"Louisville sure as heck thinks it is getting him"

hmmmm, wait and see I guess.

There’s a little more clarity for Lee at Louisville than at Arizona, which is still waiting to hear whether freshman wing Stanley Johnson would return or

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terp ... story.html

"Lee is in no rush to make a decision. He hopes to choose a school in early May."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp ... /25841223/
Early man and now April 23rd? What changed?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Any updates on Stanley yet?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Well, one weapon that Arizona didn't have at its disposal was the persuasive, direct language that Pitino could give to his pitch. With Stanley Johnson still not declared for the NBA, there's only so much mustard he can put on that sell. Johnson still truly hasn't informed Sean Miller.
Shogun_AZ

Post by Shogun_AZ »

Lee to Louisville - this is pretty much as official as you can get.

https://twitter.com/DameX_0/status/591251891901898753
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

HiCat wrote:Any updates on Stanley yet?
Still expected to leave, but hasn't told Arizona's coaches yet.

https://twitter.com/JasonScheer/status/ ... 5225465856
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Shogun_AZ wrote:Lee to Louisville - this is pretty much as official as you can get.

https://twitter.com/DameX_0/status/591251891901898753
Gone in under 15 seconds.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Longhorned wrote:

According to Scheer, Stanley is registered for classes next semester.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

According to Scheer, Stanley is registered for classes next semester.
I'm pretty confident from a practicality standpoint that registering for classes means nothing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah. Registering for classes took like 10 minutes online a decade ago. I'm sure it's easier now. Probably can do it on your cellphone.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Holy shite, I'm getting pretty excited at this point!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

sucks if we lost Lee and have no big surprises waiting.

But it seems Lee was ours if we needed him. Hmmm
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lee could have waited until August to pick a school. There is no requirement to sign a NLI. He could have just signed athletic scholarship papers then.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

84Cat wrote:Holy shite, I'm getting pretty excited at this point!
About what? I want to be excited. All I got going for me is a sandwich in about 35 minutes.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Longhorned wrote:
About what? I want to be excited. All I got going for me is a sandwich in about 35 minutes.
That Stanely might actually stay for another year. Hopefully he listening to Coach McKnight.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Should have been pretty easy to see this one coming from a mile away - if you look at it from Lee's point of view. What could Arizona offer that Louisville could not? What could Louisville offer that Arizona could not? Facilities? Exposure on TV and to scouts? Reputation of HC getting players to the NBA? Just where does anyone suppose that Arizona truly had an advantage?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

KaibabKat wrote:Should have been pretty easy to see this one coming from a mile away - if you look at it from Lee's point of view. What could Arizona offer that Louisville could not? What could Louisville offer that Arizona could not? Facilities? Exposure on TV and to scouts? Reputation of HC getting players to the NBA? Just where does anyone suppose that Arizona truly had an advantage?
The YUM Center is incredible too.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Me too! I think the McRib is back!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

84Cat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
That Stanely might actually stay for another year. Hopefully he listening to Coach McKnight.
Oh, okay, damn. I feel like I still have to defer to the reality of gigantic suitcases filled with money, ready for instant delivery.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

KaibabKat wrote:Should have been pretty easy to see this one coming from a mile away - if you look at it from Lee's point of view. What could Arizona offer that Louisville could not? What could Louisville offer that Arizona could not? Facilities? Exposure on TV and to scouts? Reputation of HC getting players to the NBA? Just where does anyone suppose that Arizona truly had an advantage?
That's a lot of self loathing BS for the morning isn't it? Did you meet your quota for the day? It's a wonder how Arizona seems to out recruit Louisville per recruit rankings on a consistent basis now I guess. They're a great program and all, but not seeing this from a mile away really isn't surprising based on recent history id say. It's not as if Louisville is a deeper and more talented team than ours is next year either.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jwsisliving wrote:Apparently ace has called Lee to U of A.
This was the telltale sign we had zero chance.
Right where I want to be.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Bummed by this. Going from the possibility of impact players like Lee or Stanley to a rotation player like Tollefson hurts.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The Goat wrote:Bummed by this. Going from the possibility of impact players like Lee or Stanley to a rotation player like Tollefson hurts.
It's a huge downgrade. We all know that talent and the realization of high upside through experience are what separate the really good teams from everyone else. This is a sudden shift from talking about a contender to talking about a transition year aimed at developing the roster for a run the following year with added pieces.

Part of me would rather pass on Tollefsen. Another part of me thinks Tollefsen will pass on Arizona anyway.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

We have a coach that doesn't look like a melted version of his former self, a coach who can have sex for more than 15 seconds, our roster hole wasn't created by a sexual assault allegation, we have actually produced NBA players recently (where did you go, Peyton Siva) and we generally recruit better than the Ville.

You don't have to worry about the football coach trying to steal your girl. You don't have to eat KFC or Papa Johns. Nike 》adidas. Less grass.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
We have a coach that doesn't look like a melted version of his former self, a coach who can have sex for more than 15 seconds, our roster hole wasn't created by a sexual assault allegation, we have actually produced NBA players recently (where did you go, Peyton Siva) and we generally recruit better than the Ville.

You don't have to worry about the football coach trying to steal your girl. You don't have to eat KFC or Papa Johns. Nike 》adidas. Less grass.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Longhorned wrote:
The Goat wrote:Bummed by this. Going from the possibility of impact players like Lee or Stanley to a rotation player like Tollefson hurts.
It's a huge downgrade. We all know that talent and the realization of high upside through experience are what separate the really good teams from everyone else. This is a sudden shift from talking about a contender to talking about a transition year aimed at developing the roster for a run the following year with added pieces.

Part of me would rather pass on Tollefsen. Another part of me thinks Tollefsen will pass on Arizona anyway.
Agree on all points. Arizona with Stanley was top 3 at worst in the nation easily and with Lee in that pack of top 5-6. With Tollefson I am thinking top 15 still, but not national title contender yet, and that really isn't much different than where I see the team without him. At max I see him getting 15 minutes and it would probably be better served to give that to Smith, Simon, or Allen.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Not to sound scorned, but if Trier and Smith play to potential, there won't be much wing time available. Louisville is probably a safer situation for Lee. I have a real affinity for Smith.

The obvious downside, Lee is a known quantity. Freshmen go boom, freshmen go bust.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:Image
I believe that love is the answer.
I believe that love will find a way.