Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

enfuego

Re: Kansas

Post by enfuego »

Harvey Specter wrote:
enfuego wrote:Come on now ladies, I try to keep my comments in this thread. You all know that. And didn't you all ask me to come back here on Saturday and post? :lol:
Hey Dorothy, check this out:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... _/sort/RPI" target="_blank

Cal RPI #48
Oklahoma St RPI #135

Which one is a bad loss? I'd like a response, douchebag.
I said the Kansas loss to OSU was a disappointment. KU is in a funk right now, we'll see how it goes.

But the Pac-12 is a mess and Cal has severely underachieved so far this season, thus an UGLY loss. I'll put my updated Pac12 race in this order:

Kansas - Champion
Oregon
USC
UA
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You stating "didn't you all ask me to come back and post" might be the dumbest of the incredibly dumb things you've said on any Arizona fansite.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

enfuego wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
enfuego wrote:Come on now ladies, I try to keep my comments in this thread. You all know that. And didn't you all ask me to come back here on Saturday and post? :lol:
Hey Dorothy, check this out:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... _/sort/RPI" target="_blank

Cal RPI #48
Oklahoma St RPI #135

Which one is a bad loss? I'd like a response, douchebag.
I said the Kansas loss to OSU was a disappointment. KU is in a funk right now, we'll see how it goes.

But the Pac-12 is a mess and Cal has severely underachieved so far this season, thus an UGLY loss. I'll put my updated Pac12 race in this order:

Kansas - Champion
Oregon
USC
UA

Enfuego, I take back my earlier statement of respect for you showing up.....you really do come off as a Dbag vs. just an intense rival talking some snack.....too bad.
shimdic

Post by shimdic »

enfuego wrote: I'll put my updated Pac12 race in this order:

Kansas - Champion
Oregon
USC
UA
Bangkok Wildcat

Let's go Iowas State.....Beat KU!
Bangkok Wildcat

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Let's go Iowas State.....Beat KU!
Crap, I think I just jinxed ISU....maybe a reverse jinx then? Go KU..... ;-)
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Self needs to figure out his bench minutes.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Chicken hawks notch another loss. Will pay dividends for another early round exit come March
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

cats101 wrote:Chicken hawks notch another loss. Will pay dividends for another early round exit come March
Rounding into tourney form I would say.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Perry Ellis is losing hair at an alarming rate.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Ugly loss
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

azcat49 wrote:
cats101 wrote:Chicken hawks notch another loss. Will pay dividends for another early round exit come March
Rounding into tourney form I would say.
Lol, I'm taking credit with the reverse jinx for this one.....Seriously though, KU looking terrible in the second half.

Happy, happy day! :-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That was quite the collapse.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

all will be forgotten with a win at afh saturday. self had better not fuck it up.
Bangkok Wildcat

dirtbags wrote:all will be forgotten with a win at afh saturday. self had better not fuck it up.
They are in meltdown mode over at their scout board.....the Mods are acting like storm troopers trying to police it up......would be so much more enjoyable if Cuonzo's Super Bowl win over us still didn't hurt so much :-(.

Hope we bounce back with a home sweep! BTFD
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:They are in meltdown mode over at their scout board.....
Seems silly. Many of them probably had this game penciled in as a loss before the season started.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:all will be forgotten with a win at afh saturday. self had better not fuck it up.
They are in meltdown mode over at their scout board.....the Mods are acting like storm troopers trying to police it up......would be so much more enjoyable if Cuonzo's Super Bowl win over us still didn't hurt so much :-(.

Hope we bounce back with a home sweep! BTFD
They meltdown after every loss. Always entertaining when they loss. Even enfuego gets shunned on there. :lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Where's enfuego? Must be his busy time again, working his way up from shakes to burgers.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

UAEebs86 wrote:Where's enfuego? Must be his busy time again, working his way up from shakes to burgers.
Lol, I deleted two posts about him before submission as I now realize how trollish he's acting.....too bad as it would be nice to have objective fans from other schools over here too.....like Mr. Bug.

Anyways, let's see if he has the sack to show up after this sad second-half collapse or not. Losing to ISU at ISU is not an ugly loss overall IMHO BUT the second half collapse was pretty ugly.....
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Technical win.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Chicat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:They are in meltdown mode over at their scout board.....
Seems silly. Many of them probably had this game penciled in as a loss before the season started.
Man, just spent some time reading their Scout Board.....really melting down on Self, Mason, their lack of good bigs, etc.......so much fun to read.

I am envious of their volume of posters though.....pretty impressive. Thank God for this board, or else the UA wouldn't have squat for a hoops forum. A huge thank you to all that make this board possible.

Bear Down!
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Puerco wrote:Technical win.
Agreed. What a valient effort by the Pac 12 Champions. Whose up next for the 5th place in the Pac 12 juggernaut?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Getting outscored by 20 in the second half of a game they were leading comfortably is a "valiant effort"?

Forget it Chicat, it's enfuegotown...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

All I know is this: I won't be picking KU to advance past the S-16.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

enfuego wrote:
Puerco wrote:Technical win.
Agreed. What a valient effort by the Pac 12 Champions. Whose up next for the 5th place in the Pac 12 juggernaut?
Continuing to pass Kansas on Kenpom?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ISU has beaten current #1, #3 & #4.

They probably would be the top Pac 12 team. Why isn't Enflamo going with his usual schtick?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Merkin wrote:
Selden and Diallo were projected lottery picks before Self "developed" them.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

gronk4heisman wrote:
Merkin wrote:
So was Tarczewski.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
Merkin wrote:
So was Tarczewski.
Tarczewski doesn't play at Kansas, no matter how much Kansas fans wish he did. Truth is, pretty much every center and big man to come out of KU the Self years has been a colossal flop in the NBA
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
Merkin wrote:
So was Tarczewski.
Tarczewski doesn't play at Kansas, no matter how much Kansas fans wish he did. Truth is, pretty much every center and big man to come out of KU the Self years has been a colossal flop in the NBA

Sincerely,

Derrick Williams

And who gives a crap about the NBA? Self got those players into the NBA and made them millionaires, when otherwise they may have never played and collected that payday (See Tarczewski's future).
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So you think Tarczewski will never play in the NBA?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bangkok Wildcat

ASUHATER! wrote:So you think Tarczewski will never play in the NBA?
You can tell losing Zeus still hurts Enfuego with the amount of time he spends bashing him......get over it Dude. Also, enjoy losing the Big12 this year too.
Bangkok Wildcat

PS. Be prepared for some down years at KU too.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
Merkin wrote:
So was Tarczewski.

Sincerely,

Derrick Williams
You mean the guy who had his name chanted by the crowd at Madison Square Garden a week ago? The guy who has averaged 19 points and 12 rebounds over the last couple of games? THAT Derrick Williams? Great example enfuego.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Puerco wrote:Looks like Decourcy believes that landing Tarc four years ago would have solved all KU's troubles today. Such a shame he decided to come to Arizona instead of Kansas, right?
Kansas

Glaring issue: The Jayhawks have not been able to find a reliable frontcourt partner for star forward Perry Ellis, who is averaging 15.8 points and 6.8 rebounds. They have used five different players in that spot: seniors Hunter Mickelson and Jamari Traylor, junior Landen Lucas and freshmen Carlton Bragg and Cheick Diallo.

Obvious symptom: In effectively 82 opportunities, they have produced five double-figure scoring games – total – and one double-figure rebounding game. The absence of a suitable partner for Ellis leaves KU running its offense frequently with one arm tied behind its back. That revolving door also has revealed that each of the five players has specific weaknesses that opponents can exploit.

Less obvious symptom: Kansas’ defensive efficiency has slipped to 26th in the nation as teams such as Oklahoma State burned the Jayhawks for 50 percent shooting. KU has produced a defense ranked 11th or better in five of six previous seasons this decade.

Principle beneficiary: Oklahoma State freshman guard Jawun Evans, who smoked KU for 22 points and eight assists in Tuesday’s 86-67 victory.

Possible solutions: Coach Bill Self has seen enough of his veterans by now to realize there isn’t an ideal center among them. Traylor is ideally suited to be an energy guy. Lucas is an effective sub with great hands who occasionally struggles to finish and offers little in the way of defensive discouragement.

Bragg will be a terrific replacement for Ellis next season and can complement him at times. But KU needs Diallo to excel. He is the tallest, most dynamic and among the more skilled of KU’s center options. Indeed, he still is struggling to gain command of KU’s systems at both ends, but, frankly, not all of his more experienced teammates are consistent in that area, either. Self started him against OK State but was frustrated enough with his errors to allow him only 13 minutes.

If you think about it, he had less responsibility than most for that debacle.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... -jefferson
Bump. Just for you, enfuego.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

New York City loves them some Derrick Williams. Seriously. Dude gets sweated by everyone on Twitter. Producer Pete Rock would probably drink his bath water
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
Merkin wrote:
So was Tarczewski.

Sincerely,

Derrick Williams

And who gives a crap about the NBA? Self got those players into the NBA and made them millionaires, when otherwise they may have never played and collected that payday (See Tarczewski's future).
When you say Self got them into the NBA, do you mean in turning people from projected lottery picks to borderline players who get a cup of coffee in the league? Or do you mean Joel Embiid?

Also, asking who gives a crap about the NBA...I don't know, maybe the players who lost millions in draft position and future income?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That was a nice win by Kansas yesterday. Showed a lot of grit.

I can't believe my distaste for enfuego had me rooting for Kentucky (yuck).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

beames

Post by beames »

Fun fact: In Canada, "dick" is not a curse word. In fact, the only time I've ever visited the great white north, I saw a Minister of Something casually call some other politician a dick on the CBC evening news!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Imagine Greene is going to get the Fil Torres treatment next game
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

That's one of those things you chalk up to being young I think.

I would HATE if one of our players did that. But to be fair, it wouldn't surprise me either. I did way worse than that when I was 18 or 19 or whatever he is. Dumb, young move.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Greene has been suspended by Self this season and been in his dog house all year. That was a big middle finger to Self IMO.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

I do like Self but I can't pretend he didn't hire Mario Charmers' dad.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Damn that was an impressive win.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Great win by Kansas. Looking like they could very well be a #1 seed.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Chicat wrote:Damn that was an impressive win.
aka, it's posting season for enfuego and suddenly not a "busy period" at his job anymore :lol:
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

dirtbags wrote:
Chicat wrote:Damn that was an impressive win.
aka, it's posting season for enfuego and suddenly not a "busy period" at his job anymore :lol:
Ha! Still busy. Glad you all enjoyed watching KU, future National Title winner, win a big game on the road.