Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ekat

Re: Sean Miller

Post by ekat »

Chicat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:03 pm
Alieberman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:43 pm
ekat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:17 pm I think Cincinnati should say screw it and hire him and Archie.
If you are Cinci, why the hell not. It would be an awesome hire
Cincy fans would definitely dislike an Xavier guy taking over their program.
I thought about that, but, I also thought it would be pretty entertaining, especially if he was successful.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

zonagrad wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm Nonsense. Lute had good relationships with plenty of media both local and national
Not with Hansen (especially) and Columbo (Pascoe). Look at Hansen's relationship with Tomey in comparison. Tomey played tennis with Hansen, and Lute wouldn't do that.

I don't recall Lute's relationship with Wilner, but Wilner still hates the UA.
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Catintheheat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:46 am I don't know how long this will last before taken down. But here is the Arizona vs Duke game in the 2011 NCAA tourney.

One of the best, if not the best moment during the Sean Miller era. Loved kicking the shit out of the Dookies. Will really miss Miller.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Doubt there will be any ass kicking in the near future, unless it's against directional or CSU schools.

This team, whatever is left of it anyway, is made for grind it out games, esp. with no Akinjo.

Hopefully Lloyd can keep the foreign players although I thought I read Mathurin is gone. Can't remember the source. Need Benn, along with Kriisa and Tubelis.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

And so will begin our slide into mediocrity and irrelevence. Firing a coach with a .730 winning percentage, multiple conference championships, multiple NCAA appearances to hire, who? An assistant coach with pretty much nothing, Arizona most certainly should deserve much more than this. There really SHOULD be multiple Non-P5 head coaches who (again) SHOULD jump at the chance. But who, other than an assistant would give us the time of day when you have the shitshow of Robbins/Heeke to deal with?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:14 pm And so will begin our slide into mediocrity and irrelevence. Firing a coach with a .730 winning percentage, multiple conference championships, multiple NCAA appearances to hire, who? An assistant coach with pretty much nothing, Arizona most certainly should deserve much more than this. There really SHOULD be multiple Non-P5 head coaches who (again) SHOULD jump at the chance. But who, other than an assistant would give us the time of day when you have the shitshow of Robbins/Heeke to deal with?
Best case scenario, the bolded happens. That might be the most offensive part for me. The fact the career assistant who's never been a HC is head and shoulders over the other options at this point.
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Merkin wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm Doubt there will be any ass kicking in the near future, unless it's against directional or CSU schools.

This team, whatever is left of it anyway, is made for grind it out games, esp. with no Akinjo.

Hopefully Lloyd can keep the foreign players although I thought I read Mathurin is gone. Can't remember the source. Need Benn, along with Kriisa and Tubelis.
What Robbins and Heeke have done is unconscionable. Maybe Lloyd ends up being a great coach, but that still won't make this right. We have had two straight instances of Robbins pretending he is the only swinging dick in the athletic department(of which he shouldn't even be meddling), while Heeke grasps the head for dear life. I really wish there was a way to oust both of these turds.

As for the team next year, barely even care. I haven't cared this little for UofA basketball since I was about 8 years old. It's that sad of a situation.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:19 pm
BBQ wildcat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:14 pm And so will begin our slide into mediocrity and irrelevence. Firing a coach with a .730 winning percentage, multiple conference championships, multiple NCAA appearances to hire, who? An assistant coach with pretty much nothing, Arizona most certainly should deserve much more than this. There really SHOULD be multiple Non-P5 head coaches who (again) SHOULD jump at the chance. But who, other than an assistant would give us the time of day when you have the shitshow of Robbins/Heeke to deal with?
Best case scenario, the bolded happens. That might be the most offensive part for me. The fact the career assistant who's never been a HC is head and shoulders over the other options at this point.
Totally sad fkn state of affairs. The sun is shining but I feel like we all are Joe Btfsplk from Lil Abner, walking around with a rain cloud always over us.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Anyone else consider the timing being that Lute is no longer here to have Sean’s back as well? Weird how they wanted to fire him for 3 years but didn’t do it or self sanction until after Lute is gone?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Yeah, that popped into my head yesterday.
I was actually watching Godfather II. Michael waits for his mom to die before he has Fredo whacked.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

IndianaZonaFan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:16 pm Anyone else consider the timing being that Lute is no longer here to have Sean’s back as well? Weird how they wanted to fire him for 3 years but didn’t do it or self sanction until after Lute is gone?
That's an excellent point - wouldn't've even thought of that!
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

cats101 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:52 pm
Olsondogg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:43 pm
enfuego wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:42 pm
Olsondogg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 pm Fairly certain sean is done in college bball for a bit.
Ouch.
Yeah it sucks.

Must feel good to go all in on self. Ballsy move, and I respect it. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Honestly I'm sure losing a coach once to UNC had something to do with it. They got scared and pulled the trigger. Good for Kansas. Self has the same amount of ships as Scott Drew.
Self has more Final Fours and conference titles.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

enfuego wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 pm
Olsondogg wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 pm Fairly certain sean is done in college bball for a bit.
Ouch.
Yeah it sucks.

Must feel good to go all in on self. Ballsy move, and I respect it. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Honestly I'm sure losing a coach once to UNC had something to do with it. They got scared and pulled the trigger. Good for Kansas. Self has the same amount of ships as Scott Drew.
Cool.

Go masturbate
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:51 pm Do you guys really trust this administration to hire a basketball coach? Did we not see how this football coaching search went. Thanks Robbins
Found it. I said it about 5 days before CSM was fired. Man was I right
I said what I said and I mean it.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:01 pm
BeardownZonaZona wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:51 pm Do you guys really trust this administration to hire a basketball coach? Did we not see how this football coaching search went. Thanks Robbins
Found it. I said it about 5 days before CSM was fired. Man was I right
I think many of us said or thought something similar. These guys haven't given us any reason to think otherwise
BeardownZonaZona

Yup. I just think it's hilarious that I said it right before he was canned and knew it would be a crapshoot. Because well. Here we are
ekat

Post by ekat »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:05 pm Yup. I just think it's hilarious that I said it right before he was canned and knew it would be a crapshoot. Because well. Here we are
Honestly after the coaching searches that brought us Sumlin and Jedd Fisch, screwing over Ken N and Brennan, that was the biggest reason I wanted Miller extended. You know that word is out on the ineptitude of our athletic department and I figured no one in their right mind would want those two as their bosses.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

When was the last really good President at of UofA?

Anne Weaver Hart and Shelton before this were nothing to write home about.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ekat

Post by ekat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:22 pm When was the last really good President at of UofA?

Anne Weaver Hart and Shelton before this were nothing to write home about.
At least they let their AD’s do their jobs. I can’t really remember much about Likins. He might not have sucked.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Got to be Koffler who I think hired Dempsey who was by far our best AD. He hired Lute. Enough said.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I like it better when I don't know much about the School President and if they are doing a good job or not.
ekat

Post by ekat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:37 pm Got to be Koffler who I think hired Dempsey who was by far our best AD. He hired Lute. Enough said.
Ced was great. He hired Tomey and Candrea too.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Manny Pacheco and Peter Likens were above average.
BeardownZonaZona

If it's Brase... I'm done
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

A good University President is hardly known outside the campus except to top boosters. Likens and Pacheco did a good job, weren't micromanagers, and did their jobs. Neither were game changers, but solid B+ Presidents. John Schaefer was a game changer. Lead the charge to get Arizona out of the WAC and into the PAC. But Presidents like Schaefer don't come around too often, and I'd gladly take the milquetoast Likins or Pacheco over who we have now.

Robbins is a micromanager that craves the spotlight, and it's either his way or no way at all. I know Heeke has a cushy job that pays a lot, and all he has to do is nod at Robbins and smile, but I don't know how anyone can be managed by a micromanager who always thinks he's the smartest person in any room for so long. I had a boss like that once, and made the mistake of showing him up in front of management. He did me a favor and fired me a few weeks later, and I didn't realize how bad it was until I got away from the toxic environment.

And just look at the position we're in now. Our two biggest moneymakers in athletics are looking at new coaches, and in football, we hired a guy who has never been a head coach before. If we go 10-26 the next three years, nobody will care that Brushchi and Gronk coached the Spring Game. And Basketball? We let a guy go who was rebuilding the team, and had been one of the best, younger coaches in the game just five years ago, and for whom? Who knows, because Robbins and Heeke are doing what they do, and making a mess of everything.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You think Sean Miller would come back?
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Give him a 5 year ironclad contract and he might. But probably not, he is one proud fucker. And he has every right to be proud.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Do you think the admin would be humble enough to go to him with an iron clad 5 year deal and eat crow for the entire time he is around?
I think we have a better shot at landing Kerr than the admin acknowledging they screwed this up and just want miller to come back.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 pm You think Sean Miller would come back?
April Fools Sean!!!!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

You guys are high
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:39 pm You guys are high
Look, I know it won't happen, but tell me that it isn't looking better by the second.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Rehiring Sean looks 1000% better than any of the names that have been floated, with the possible exception of Musselman.
Last edited by BBQ wildcat on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:44 pm
Olsondogg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:39 pm You guys are high
Look, I know it won't happen, but tell me that it isn't looking better by the second.
What is actually looking better by the second is the ground swell of hatred directed at Bobbins and his lackey Reekee. Those 2 should be no where near an athletic department at a P5 school.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Can the search firm invent a time machine so Robbins can go back and punch himself in the face fifty times until he’s convinced not to fire Sean Miller?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BBQ wildcat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:45 pm Rehiring Sean looks 1000% better than any of the names that have been floated, with the possible exception of Musselman.
Mussleman is in Miller's league as a coach. Lloyd is a big gamble. The rest of the candidates are not good.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 pm Can the search firm invent a time machine so Robbins can go back and punch himself in the face fifty times until he’s convinced not to fire Sean Miller?
"And today, as we stand, it’s time for a change in that direction, and a change in leadership is the first step."

--Dave Heeke

He's so right about that and so wrong about who it should be directed at.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Does Miller get a job before AZ gets a coach?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Fill free to give the good doctor a call or email. I finally found his email and phone.

ROBBINS, ROBERT
president@email.arizona.edu // 520-621-5511
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just remember kids, this thread right now could have been all about how Miller is a witch and solidified our lineup with a few key transfers, but instead Bobby Bobbins thinks he’s such a genius that he can easily replace a top-15 coach with just a flick of his wrist.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 pm
Ouch.
Yeah it sucks.

And has fairly often been beat by teams in the PAC especially that juggernaut ASU. The league you are in till 3 years ago was pure shit. Remember USC?
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

Puppetmaster and Puppet need to make nice, admit they were wrong and re-hire CSM. Enough of this posturing bullshit. Everyone knows they have no sack and never had a plan for a replacement. This is a storied program and it shouldn't be trashed like this.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Miller is never coming back for a multitude of reasons. This isn’t you breaking up with your girlfriend.

Stfu already with this fantasy.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 am Miller is never coming back for a multitude of reasons. This isn’t you breaking up with your girlfriend.

I'm pretty sure everyone was just kidding around.

Also- firing a coach with over 400 wins at your school without a plan in place to replace him is also equally ridiculous
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

No doubt.

But I stopped fantasizing about what happened when I was a single man a while ago too.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

Olsondogg wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 am Miller is never coming back for a multitude of reasons. This isn’t you breaking up with your girlfriend.

Sorry I will stop posting on YOUR board now. You might want to look at the way that reads because it was laced with extreme rudeness.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Lmao
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Basketcats wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:29 am

Sorry I will stop posting on YOUR board now. You might want to look at the way that reads because it was laced with extreme rudeness.
This is hilarious. Odogg has been around UA forums for well over a decade. Us old-timers know what to expect from Odogg.
BeardownZonaZona

Dudes an OG. And says it how it is. I like that
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I dunno. Maybe it makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy fantasizing.

Truth is that we have two incompetent assholes that are fucking with something we all enjoy, so yeah maybe I should apologize for lacing extreme rudeness so we can have multiple fantasy posts.

Or I could say fuck right off. But I won’t cause I don’t want Chi or JMark to yell at me.

So carry on with the circle jerk.