UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: UCLA Basketball in trouble!

Post by Chicat »

How fun was it to watch Bryce shushing the crowd one minute and then bricking the first free throw of a 1-and-1 the next? Made my night.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Steve did blame the big men for not doing their job. He conveniently left out Bryce watching his man go by him without much effort.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

As I mentioned in the other thread,

Nepotism sure is fun to watch.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Nice job, Ducks.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Beachcat97 wrote:Serious question: who is going to beat UCLA this year? They haven't really had a close game yet.
Beachcat97 wrote:Nice job, Ducks.

These are literally your last two posts in this thread. It's a perfectly simple microscope of what annoys posters. Oh wait. Jinx again, right? Worked to perfection.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Serious question: who is going to beat UCLA this year? They haven't really had a close game yet.
Beachcat97 wrote:Nice job, Ducks.

These are literally your last two posts in this thread. It's a perfectly simple microscope of what annoys posters. Oh wait. Jinx again, right? Worked to perfection.
Oregon will be forced to vacate that win when it is revealed Puddles was on PED's and UCLA's undefeated season will march on as Arizona has a down year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Steve did blame the big men for not doing their job. He conveniently left out Bryce watching his man go by him without much effort.
He's really not asking anyone to defend from what I've seen, but Bryce is egregiously bad. That "I'm a turnstile" thing he does should be an embarrassment to anyone associated with Bruins Basketball.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Still a terrible road team
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Still a terrible road team
Once they get back to the peace and quiet of Pauley, they'll turn it around.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So if no one goes to games, why is entry nosebleed ticket price 115 at pauley?

Been pricing tickets for the cats and ucla game.

It doesn't make sense
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Because they've made the money for the good seats and don't care about the numbers past that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks Bug,

So given that, in your opinion will they fall slightly day of game or am I better off going the scalper /negotiation route?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I don't see it dropping much before then in the second hand market. They usually release a limited amount shortly before the game but they won't be cheaper
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Due to the injuries to Alex Olenski and Prince Ali, they will RS this year. Ucla has played with 7 scholarship players for much of the year
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote:Due to the injuries to Alex Olenski and Prince Ali, they will RS this year. Ucla has played with 7 scholarship players for much of the year
Cool story, bro.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Due to the injuries to Alex Olenski and Prince Ali, they will RS this year. Ucla has played with 7 scholarship players for much of the year
Cool story, bro.
Hey BC, give Mr. Bug a break.....I, for one, do enjoy his input and considering how few non-trolls we get around here, we should show a little more hospitality.....it IS a UCLA thread afterall!

Thanks for the input Bug. Can't wait till we play and am so glad this year it's balanced with a Home and Away series. Should be a great couple of games!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Even as a top 5 team against one of their main conference rivals ucla still can't get anyone to show up. Always counting on arizona fans to buy those tickets once a year for revenue.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

I'm going on record as saying I'm a Lonzo Ball hater. Between his father, who guaranteed a national championship on TV during one of their first games this season, and his mouth-breathing brothers, and his ugly mug, and that he's at UCLA, (and that he's real good)... I'm comfortable hating on him.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That dunk by Leaf was nasty
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Best dunk since Rondae vs NMST. UCLA not In trouble in this one. They won't be challenged until they come to Tucson
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If a tree (UCLA) falls in the forest with no one around(wins a game at empty Pauley), does it make a sound (mean anything)?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Steve did blame the big men for not doing their job. He conveniently left out Bryce watching his man go by him without much effort.
He's really not asking anyone to defend from what I've seen, but Bryce is egregiously bad. That "I'm a turnstile" thing he does should be an embarrassment to anyone associated with Bruins Basketball.
How are you going to feel when Alford is earning an NBA paycheck?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I don't think he will be an NBA guy.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I'll feel happy that the D league Tusla Thunder filled that 4th assistant coach/team fluffer position.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:Even as a top 5 team against one of their main conference rivals ucla still can't get anyone to show up. Always counting on arizona fans to buy those tickets once a year for revenue.
Currently 100 for nosebleed entry level for that game.

But as Bug says, the premium seats are all accounted for, so UCLA doesn't care about how astronomical the price is for the other seats. Sure looks like it. :lol:
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Even as a top 5 team against one of their main conference rivals ucla still can't get anyone to show up. Always counting on arizona fans to buy those tickets once a year for revenue.
Currently 100 for nosebleed entry level for that game.

But as Bug says, the premium seats are all accounted for, so UCLA doesn't care about how astronomical the price is for the other seats. Sure looks like it. :lol:
His story is cuter.

Ucla struggling
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

13,659 paid attendance. Late arriving crowd looks bad on tv for the first 10 minutes of the game
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Giving up 47 pts in the second half is no bueno. Got to get stops when playing good teams.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:13,659 paid attendance. Late arriving crowd looks bad on tv for the first 10 minutes of the game
Ahh the old paid attendance argument. That doesn't mean that many were there.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
You think Steve is going to coach in the League sometime soon?

Because that is more likely than what you are suggesting.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
You think Steve is going to coach in the League sometime soon?

Because that is more likely than what you are suggesting.
It never would have occurred to me that he was talking about Bryce.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bryce Alford will never play a single minute in the NBA. He's a less athletic Gabe York.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:13,659 paid attendance. Late arriving crowd looks bad on tv for the first 10 minutes of the game
Ahh the old paid attendance argument. That doesn't mean that many were there.
When you brought up revenue was that not the "paid attendance argument" you were referring to? Or did you already forget the troll job from earlier tonight? :lol:
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Ucla may have a Steve problem, not a Bryce problem. Not sure that guy can get them ready for March.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Beachcat97 wrote:Ucla may have a Steve problem, not a Bryce problem. Not sure that guy can get them ready for March.
Other then depth he may be their only question mark but other than that they are by far the most entertaining (love for AZ withstanding) team in college basketball. I know people question their ability to get stops but they will win the conference and the conference tournament and be the west #1 seed IMO.

They put so much pressure on you offensively that if you go cold for 3 or 4 minutes and you find yourself down an insurmountable amount or your lead is gone. CSA doesn't have to do too much other then roll the ball out and say go play. The more he tries to coach might be their achilles heel
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

They don't defend well, and if they faced a team like Gonzaga or Nova or Kansas or UK (who's starting to get better) in the tourney, they could lose. OR is as good offensively as UCLA, and you saw how that one turned out.

I don't think any team can win on sheer talent alone. Coaching matters.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Boy, lose on the road to a ranked team on a travel 3 at the buzzer and we go from favorite to not sure we can get it done.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote:Boy, lose on the road to a ranked team on a travel 3 at the buzzer and we go from favorite to not sure we can get it done.
Travel 3? A loss is a loss. But leave it to ucla fans to cry about officiating when it doesn't go their way.

Heh.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Boy, lose on the road to a ranked team on a travel 3 at the buzzer and we go from favorite to not sure we can get it done.
Travel 3? A loss is a loss. But leave it to ucla fans to cry about officiating when it doesn't go their way.

Heh.
Heh, they will drill Oregon and us at Pauley by 10+ points. Don't let your hatred get in the way of what is arguably one of the 3 or 4 best teams in america. We will need Trier back and all hands on deck to compete with the Bruins this year.

They are good, really good and very entertaining. Since you jumped on the AZ bandwagon at some point I am surprised you are not jumping back on there's. After all, you were a bruin backer at one point correct
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He was a giant Bruin ball-licker right up to the Oregon loss. This is why it's difficult to engage with those that are bipolar.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azcat49 wrote: After all, you were a bruin backer at one point correct
Go ahead and find a single post I've made, ever, that contains "backing" for ucla basketball. I'm a UofA alum, long time resident of Tucson, and diehard Wildcat fan. I did work at UCLA for a few years, back in the day, while Howland was coach, but my experience on that campus was that very few have any idea what's going on with their athletics, particularly basketball. It's not a good place to be a student-athlete, unless you crave anonymity and playing in front of small crowds.

Ucla is obviously good this year, yet they lost to Oregon, fair and square. I think it's lame when fans of a losing team complain about officiating. If officiating is bad, it impacts both teams equally.

Until UCLA beats OR, the Ducks are #1 in the Pac. They're the defending champs.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chicat wrote:He was a giant Bruin ball-licker right up to the Oregon loss. This is why it's difficult to engage with those that are bipolar.
I thought so. We can get to the FF this year with our team and we are fun to watch but the bruins are us in 97-98. Up and down the floor with shooters at every spot. You have to just step back and appreciate teams like that because they are not assembled often. I root for the PAC to do well so I have no issue (except Assu) with wishing the bruins good luck
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Beachcat97 wrote:

Heh.
Deciding to go off-topic from the point doesn't really work with people who have known your antics for a decade

"Heh"
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Bryce's latest triumph. She is the daughter of NBA agent, Jeff Austin and workout guru Denise Austin

Daughter:

Future MIL
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

UCLA is tough this year. They will always have attendance issues, its the way it is. I think both teams will split the home matchups (I rather have the first one but revenge is fun). Hopefully both can finish 1-2 and matchup in the tournament final.

EDIT: More pictures of her plz
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Wow....just when I thought I couldn't hate Baby Alford more! Just kidding.....my preference is obviously Asian but Dayum.....;-)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Denise Austin went to UofA
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Isn't Denise Austin a UofA alum? If so I hate the thought of that twit Bryce banging one of our hotties kids.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

MrBug708 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

Heh.
Deciding to go off-topic from the point doesn't really work with people who have known your antics for a decade

"Heh"
OR beat you, bro. Accept it and move on instead of crying about it. Not a good look for you.

Heh.