Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: Kansas

Post by Beachcat97 »

OU is not very good. No way they’re getting to the S16.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This game is so boring.

OU over hyped and helped some teams in losing to them.

Also hit a three but credited for a two. Phog magic
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:This game is so boring.

Yeah, I know D....as badly as I wanted to watch some hoops today I couldn’t stomach another game at AFH with an inferior team like the Okies. ESPN has overhyped Trae Young ad nauseam and suspect he’s overrated as well....though he’s probably going to be a pretty decent pro.

Either way, he’s no POY contender IMO and even the ESPN hype train can’t ‘fix’ that.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Facing a desperate Oklahoma team at a no-longer intimidating Phog tonight? Let’s see if they need to be bailed out by the refs again...
Nope.

Also, after that Utah game, glass houses and that sort of thing.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:Facing a desperate Oklahoma team at a no-longer intimidating Phog tonight? Let’s see if they need to be bailed out by the refs again...
Nope.

Also, after that Utah game, glass houses and that sort of thing.
Address the ASU win over you and their two losses to us first before you start lecturing about throwing stones.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Nope.
Good of you to admit they needed the refs to bail them out before...

:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:This game is so boring.

Oklahoma is the B12 equivalent of ASU.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ESPN built it up and I knew OU was terrible going into it and I still watched it.

Way to roll over OU.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:ESPN built it up and I knew OU was terrible going into it and I still watched it.

Way to roll over OU.
OU is a pretty simple team. They got the drop on people OOC. It's why I compared them to ASU. Then, shots stop dropping so easily and opponents figure out your style. Similarly to ASU, OU hasn't had a Plan B.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Kansas' going to win the Big 12 again
Bangkok Wildcat

NYCat wrote:Kansas' going to win the Big 12 again
Yep, I predicted this a little while ago but held out hope that Tech would give them a run for their money.....Now that Tech crapped the bed at Okie State, not so much. How in the world is Tech rated #6?

Obviously I’m biased but it seems to me that the Big 12 is a bit overrated and that the P12 is underrated due to the non conference play at the start of the season when many teams with younger players and/or high turnover are trying to figure things out.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Good for Kansas. They're a poor man's ASU. And like Bangkok Wildcat said, the Big 12 is overrated. Still, props where props are due, and they'll win that conference and none of the others will.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:Good for Kansas. They're a poor man's ASU. And like Bangkok Wildcat said, the Big 12 is overrated. Still, props where props are due, and they'll win that conference and none of the others will.
Kansas is a bad matchup and one bad shooting night away from an early March exit. Any team that can lose at home to ASU & UW has some kinks in its armor.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

zonagrad wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Good for Kansas. They're a poor man's ASU. And like Bangkok Wildcat said, the Big 12 is overrated. Still, props where props are due, and they'll win that conference and none of the others will.
Kansas is a bad matchup and one bad shooting night away from an early March exit. Any team that can lose at home to ASU & UW has some kinks in its armor.
I was picking Arizona as a 3 or 4 seed in the West with an open road to the Sweet 16 until today's news. Without Trier all bets are off.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Wouldn't you agree all bets seem to be off with just about every team this year? (Though to be fair Kansas has looked a lot better the last couple weeks)
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Wouldn't you agree all bets seem to be off with just about every team this year? (Though to be fair Kansas has looked a lot better the last couple weeks)
I don't think there is a clear favorite out there this year. But now with Miller gone and Ayton next, to go with Trier, Arizona's chances are practically nil.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

As much crap as we give enfuego, and he gives us, I have to say that I appreciate that he hasn't been trolling and piling on with this whole mess. Same goes for MrBug.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Phylek wrote:As much crap as we give enfuego, and he gives us, I have to say that I appreciate that he hasn't been trolling and piling on with this whole mess. Same goes for MrBug.
The board has been relatively troll free and that is nice. I took the weekend off here because I was legitimately upset about the ESPN article. Trolling us at that point would have been easy pickings and respect to opposing posters who didn't.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If Arizona doesn't get to play Kansas this post-season, I may just sit down and write a letter of complaint to the basketball gods. If both are at full strength, Arizona will crush Kansas.
Bangkok Wildcat

Longhorned wrote:If Arizona doesn't get to play Kansas this post-season, I may just sit down and write a letter of complaint to the basketball gods. If both are at full strength, Arizona will crush Kansas.
I will happily co-sign that letter. Would love to run into them in the tourney. Have to admit they pulled off a good, improbable Conference Championship in an over-rated Conference this year.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Kansas would be 9th in the PAC-12.

Over-clap,clap-rated, clap,clap.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

BBQ wildcat wrote:Kansas would be 9th in the PAC-12.

Isn't ASU 9th? And they won in Phog Allen. I think that makes KU 10th.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:Kansas would be 9th in the PAC-12.

Isn't ASU 9th? And they won in Phog Allen. I think that makes KU 10th.
Oops, my bad. I guess ASsU was 8th --- YESTERDAY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUCK ASU!!!
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:If Arizona doesn't get to play Kansas this post-season, I may just sit down and write a letter of complaint to the basketball gods. If both are at full strength, Arizona will crush Kansas.
The similarities would be remarkable. In 1997 Arizona played with Miles Simon, who should have been academically ineligible, iirc. This year, Arizona would be playing with two players who should be ineligible.

That said, even full strength, Arizona could not beat KU this year. You have no point guard and Trier plays hero ball in tight games.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
The similarities would be remarkable. In 1997 Arizona played with Miles Simon, who should have been academically ineligible, iirc. This year, Arizona would be playing with two players who should be ineligible.

That said, even full strength, Arizona could not beat KU this year. You have no point guard and Trier plays hero ball in tight games.
Based on what exactly?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Based on what exactly?
Occam's razor.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Based on what exactly?
Occam's razor.
Occam's razor says Kansas got pounded by the Cowboys today. You're lucky Kansas probably won't have to play ASU in the tourney. Good night.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:

Come on enfuego, I know you can do better than that.

Wait, actually that’s a lie. In the decade+ you’ve been hanging around I’ve never actually seen you do better than that.

I mean, I always just assumed......

You know.... no one could consistently troll so hard for so little effect.

But you’ve proven me wrong. I salute you enfuego. Your shit talk is sadly but consistently mediocre to poor.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Come on enfuego, I know you can do better than that.

Wait, actually that’s a lie. In the decade+ you’ve been hanging around I’ve never actually seen you do better than that.

I mean, I always just assumed......

You know.... no one could consistently troll so hard for so little effect.

But you’ve proven me wrong. I salute you enfuego. Your shit talk is sadly but consistently mediocre to poor.
I haven't kept up with all the controversy, but wasn't it alleged when your assistant coach Book got busted that there is someone currently playing on your team who took money? And I do not buy that Trier had trace amounts of PED over a year later.

Regardless, even with ineligible players, with a full roster, Arizona would not beat this KU team which is going through a down year talent wise. Arizona has a mish mash of square pegs that Miller has to fit into round holes. Said another way, a bunch of talented players who do not play well together.

You may get your hope though, since we'll probably end up a 2 seed in the West and Arizona never leaves the West.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You should try to pace yourself. Trying to tie together the FBI investigation, Trier’s brief suspension, and these supposed on court chemistry issues seems to be way too mentally taxing for you.

Maybe slow down and take one at a time...
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Wise to not throw stones

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 369711002/" target="_blank
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:You should try to pace yourself. Trying to tie together the FBI investigation, Trier’s brief suspension, and these supposed on court chemistry issues seems to be way too mentally taxing for you.

Maybe slow down and take one at a time...
I'll admit that made me laugh.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Gilbertcat wrote:Wise to not throw stones

I'm sure players and players families take money from agents all the time. I'd wager that every single player who has ever played in the McDonald's AA game since the inception of AAU ball and shoe company influence, has received improper benefits which would make them ineligible under the NCAA's antiquated amateurism rules.

The difference is that this Book (what is his real name, I feel stupid using some nickname I read here) was a coach.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Tip of the hat to KU and another Big 12 title. Impressive. Still can't believe WVU choked on two double digit leads like they did. Wait, yes I can.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yep. Credit where it's due. Low note ending aside, in the bigger picture Kansas continues their domination.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:

I'm sure players and players families take money from agents all the time. I'd wager that every single player who has ever played in the McDonald's AA game since the inception of AAU ball and shoe company influence, has received improper benefits which would make them ineligible under the NCAA's antiquated amateurism rules.

The difference is that this Book (what is his real name, I feel stupid using some nickname I read here) was a coach.
Emmanuel Richardson is accused of taking a bribe to steer a kid to an agent. Not for paying players.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Emmanuel Richardson is accused of taking a bribe to steer a kid to an agent. Not for paying players.

Facts are going to get in the way of his trolling Chi.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:

Book told an agent if the agent gave Book 15k, Book would give it to a player. Josh Jackson got it directly from the agent and multiple shoe companies. Billy Preston got a car from...who?

Seriously, don't throw stones.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Merkin wrote:
And what do they want to complain about?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that's funny.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Ok, that's good stuff.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I have Kansas v. Vacated in the Finals with, you guessed it, Kansas winning it all.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

You know what you can vacate?.........Deeeeezzzzzz Nuts.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:I have Kansas v. Vacated in the Finals with, you guessed it, Kansas winning it all.
Bill Self has lost to every NCAA tournament seed in his career except no. 6, no. 12, no. 15, and no. 16. Time to take no. 16 off that list.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/12/171 ... wn-regions" target="_blank
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UofAlum05 wrote:You know what you can vacate?.........Deeeeezzzzzz Nuts.
:lol:
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azgreg wrote:
enfuego wrote:I have Kansas v. Vacated in the Finals with, you guessed it, Kansas winning it all.
Bill Self has lost to every NCAA tournament seed in his career except no. 6, no. 12, no. 15, and no. 16. Time to take no. 16 off that list.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/12/171 ... wn-regions" target="_blank

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Not going to jinx my Jayhawks by talking smack, but I'm thinking Miller is done at UA. Best fit would be Rhode Islands coach...Danny Hurley? He could recruit nationally and he's a really good and hot coach right now. Would be an upgrade, imo.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Tonight's the night

Sunday at the latest

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Kansas fans do some of the best surrender cobras.