Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

U.P. Zona Fan

Re: Kansas

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:54 pm
azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:52 pm Great weekend when KU, Illinois and Wisconsin bite the big one
A Fuck You trifecta.
You forgot ohio state! Baby!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:06 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:54 pm
azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:52 pm Great weekend when KU, Illinois and Wisconsin bite the big one
A Fuck You trifecta.
You forgot ohio state! Baby!!
There ya go. Add inn the Suckeyes and it's a Fuck You foursome!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I bet fuegs will be using the same Seth Davis bullshit of "Kansas only lost so bad because they had COVID issues all year" when he shows his face around here again.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

AZCatGirl wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:04 pm I bet fuegs will be using the same Seth Davis bullshit of "Kansas only lost so bad because they had COVID issues all year" when he shows his face around here again.
Not at all. We lost because we have no true PF or post depth and we lacked an impact point guard. We also, outside of Ochai, lack athleticism on the perimeter. Garrett played out of position all of the year. We bring in Curry, Clemence and Adams to help with post depth next year, but not sure any of them are immediate impact players, but all are a definite upgrade from having to rely on a SF to play PF or Mitch Lightfoot. We are all in on a couple of athletic guards including TyTy Washington (https://247sports.com/Player/TyTy-Washington-46057695/) to come in and play point guard.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:44 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:04 pm I bet fuegs will be using the same Seth Davis bullshit of "Kansas only lost so bad because they had COVID issues all year" when he shows his face around here again.
Not at all. We lost because we have no true PF or post depth and we lacked an impact point guard. We also, outside of Ochai, lack athleticism on the perimeter. Garrett played out of position all of the year. We bring in Curry, Clemence and Adams to help with post depth next year, but not sure any of them are immediate impact players, but all are a definite upgrade from having to rely on a SF to play PF or Mitch Lightfoot. We are all in on a couple of athletic guards including TyTy Washington (https://247sports.com/Player/TyTy-Washington-46057695/) to come in and play point guard.
By "We lost" you mean you got bitchslapped, dragged to the curb, and skullfucked into a bloody wretched pile.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Then how do you explain being in the top 10-15 all year? Maybe you are starting to see the fallout of the NCAA 5 level 1 violation and their 9 aggravators affecting your recruiting or maybe since Self is not resigned he is viewed as a potential lame duck. Personally I think he has coached his last game at Kansas.
Last edited by TheCat on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TheCat wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:33 pm
Then how do you explain being in the top 10-15 all year? Maybe you are starting to see the fallout of the NCAA 5 level 1 violation and their 9 aggravators affecting your recruiting on maybe since Self is not resigned he is viewed as a potential lame duck. Personally I think he has coached his last game at Kansas.
None of the allegations will stick, but guaranteed it is being used against us in recruiting. Self is going nowhere. And Kansas fell out of the top 25 this year (first time in 12 years). You probably don't pay too much attention to Kansas, but everything I said about our roster is true. Much like your roster this year is filled with anonymous players.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

enfuego wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:51 am
Then how do you explain being in the top 10-15 all year? Maybe you are starting to see the fallout of the NCAA 5 level 1 violation and their 9 aggravators affecting your recruiting on maybe since Self is not resigned he is viewed as a potential lame duck. Personally I think he has coached his last game at Kansas.
None of the allegations will stick, but guaranteed it is being used against us in recruiting. Self is going nowhere. And Kansas fell out of the top 25 this year (first time in 12 years). You probably don't pay too much attention to Kansas, but everything I said about our roster is true. Much like your roster this year is filled with anonymous players.
So, why does Self have a lame duck contract, if all your contentions are accurate?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I will bet anything you want Fuegs that "none of the allegations will stick". Self and Townsen are on tape and quite frankly your previous track record with Preston and other recruits stinks and every one knows it.

Hey how is that Self lawsuit coming? Would love the discovery on that one. Like to hear Self under oath.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

pc in NM wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 pm
enfuego wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:51 am
So, why does Self have a lame duck contract, if all your contentions are accurate?
You'll have to explain to me what a lame duck contract is.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Self has signed a lifetime contract with the Jayhawks. His current contract, which was set to expire next March, is being replaced with a new five-year rolling agreement that automatically adds one year at the conclusion of each season for the remainder of his career.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Was that a Lifetime contract or a Lifetime sentence ?

;)
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 am Was that a Lifetime contract or a Lifetime sentence ?

;)
This is why you should have an AD, and not a booster acting the role of an AD with no checks and balances.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Does this mean I, as a Spurs fan, can stop praying to Satan to keep this shitstain away from my NBA team? I doubt it.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:51 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 am Was that a Lifetime contract or a Lifetime sentence ?

;)
This is why you should have an AD, and not a booster acting the role of an AD with no checks and balances.
Whoa there. If KU's response to their NOA should tell you anything, they are VERY selective about who gets the title of booster.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

84Cat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 am Self has signed a lifetime contract with the Jayhawks. His current contract, which was set to expire next March, is being replaced with a new five-year rolling agreement that automatically adds one year at the conclusion of each season for the remainder of his career.
I think that is what we are talking about. The end of his career. Having a rolling 5 year contract is fairly standard and means a five year buyout. Need to see the details to see what the buyout is. Also every contract contains a fire for cause clause that removes all liability from KU. What this means to me is that he has a new contract which is what we should be doing.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Two interesting things about Self's contract. The first is that he can not be fired for cause for any actions that occurred before the new contract. In other words he can't be fired for the allegations against him right now. Wonder why he insisted on that. LOL. The second is how Kansas cover itself.
"However, that stipulation doesn't unduly tie Kansas to Self financially. If the school fires Self without cause, he is due one year's compensation plus the amortized amount of the annual retention bonus dating from the date of the contract to the date of the termination. The buyout, then, could be anywhere between $5.41 million and $7.845 million.

That buyout number is significantly lower than public coaches of Sefl's stature. Kentucky would have owed $54 million to John Calipari if it fired him without cause by April 1 of this year. Fred Hoiberg's buyout number for the same date was $22 million. It was more than $16 million for Virginia's Tony Bennett, Oregon's Dana Altman, Texas A&M's Buzz Williams and Tennessee's Rick Barnes. Many others surpassed $10 million."

So they are standing behind Self for about 1/10 Kentucky is standing up for Cal or 1/2 of what Oregon is standing up for Dana. It should be noted that the contract with a automatic roll over is far from new. Izzo has a 7 year roll over and a huge number of coaches have 5.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

TheCat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 pm Two interesting things about Self's contract. The first is that he can not be fired for cause for any actions that occurred before the new contract. In other words he can't be fired for the allegations against him right now. Wonder why he insisted on that. LOL. The second is how Kansas cover itself.
"However, that stipulation doesn't unduly tie Kansas to Self financially. If the school fires Self without cause, he is due one year's compensation plus the amortized amount of the annual retention bonus dating from the date of the contract to the date of the termination. The buyout, then, could be anywhere between $5.41 million and $7.845 million.
That is their "out." They can still fire him "without cause," and essentially be hit with a pretty standard buyout in the $8 million range.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azgreg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:26 am
Ah... this is a lame duck contract.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Glad you signed a guy that got beat by USC by 30. That would make you about 6th in the PAC. LOL. Contract for life is a 5 year roll over in Kansas world. Cal has a lifetime contract which includes after coaching at a $1M per year till he quits or dies. Now that is a lifetime contract. Kansas won't stand behind his 5 year show of cause he is about to receive. LOL
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Hey, maybe they can beat ASU now
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If you thought Remy got his balls licked by the National media before...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

At least it's not going to be hard to continue to root against him
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Remy is now a Jayhawk......expected to be starting pg.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I didn’t need another reason to hate Kansas but thanks Remy.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm I didn’t need another reason to hate Kansas but thanks Remy.
Can you really have too many reason to hate Kansas?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hang tight...

Kansas's lone commit for 2022 is a kid named Gradey Dick???

AND NOBODY TOLD ME?????
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Dick Gravy anybody?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Grodey Dick ain’t getting the ladies on the road.

The Kansas girls are used to that though.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:39 am Hang tight...

AND NOBODY TOLD ME?????
#28 in his class (247) #18 (ESPN) #37 (Rivals). I was looking through the ranking services and didn't see any commits rated higher in 2022 for Arizona.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Chicat wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:39 am Hang tight...

AND NOBODY TOLD ME?????
#28 in his class (247) #18 (ESPN) #37 (Rivals). I was looking through the ranking services and didn't see any commits rated higher in 2022 for Arizona.
We also don’t have any kids committed who were named after an unwashed flaccid penis.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Nice. I love it when Kansas loses.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

enfuego, pick up the white courtesy phone....
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

This is so fucking beautiful:
(even with Dukie V)
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Heh
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That is so beautiful. You know Dayton really has an underrated fan base. Good for them
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego: "We didn't lose; we just ran out of clock."

~ Wilhoit's Law
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Dick Vitale used to coach at Dayton.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:57 pm enfuego: "We didn't lose; we just ran out of clock."
Technical victory is the enflamo term.
-JB
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Very much looking forward to this news in the spring: "Kansas receives 2-yr postseason ban, loses grip on Gradey Dick."
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

When Vitale coached at UD, they had a Tartan court.

Anybody ever play on one? The ball made a weird sound when dribbled.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:55 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:57 pm enfuego: "We didn't lose; we just ran out of clock."
Technical victory is the enflamo term.
I had already forgotten that, and that's unfair of me. Even a choad like enfuego deserves a marker we can remember him by.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

He'll be here the minute Arizona stumbles.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

wyo-cat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:53 pm Dick Vitale used to coach at Dayton.
Detroit
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

wyo-cat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:05 pm When Vitale coached at UD, they had a Tartan court.

Anybody ever play on one? The ball made a weird sound when dribbled.
There was a Tartan surface when McKale first opened. Didn't last for long. Players hated it.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

If you watch that final play if the Dayton guy would have missed it there was a Kansas player that hit the rim while the ball was bouncing around and should have been goaltending. The refs would never have the balls to call that against Kansas.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So Kansas and Self is playing Iona and Pitino in the consolation game while Vitale announces the Dayton Belmont game for the championship of that ESPIN tourney. Seems like karma doesn’t it
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion