Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dcZONAfan

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by dcZONAfan »

HiCat wrote:Decision in a month?

Come on down to Tucson kid! You already know Coach Miller's style is perfect for your game. Oh yeah, the weather, and the campus vibe is very cool. 8-)

Jackson, the nation’s No. 1 prospect according the 247Sports.com composite rankings, also said he hopes to make his decision in about a month. Originally from Detroit, he moved to California before his junior year to attend and play for Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /81049872/" target="_blank
Well the McDonald's AA game is in a month, would make a lot of sense for him to commit at a big event like that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully this is still going on.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I remember Kyle Singler getting so much of that dunked back in his face in Anaheim four years ago he didn't know what to do with himself then either.

Frankly, Josh Jackson is a far better prospect.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

God, that dude is so ugly too. :lol:
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

has not made an official visit to MSU yet?? Nice :)

Michigan State coach Tom Izzo and associate head coach Dwayne Stephens flew to California to watch Jackson play last weekend. The 6-foot-8 shooting guard has said little in public about his recruitment and has yet to set an official visit to MSU.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/josh-jackso ... thin-month" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HiCat wrote:has not made an official visit to MSU yet?? Nice :)

Michigan State coach Tom Izzo and associate head coach Dwayne Stephens flew to California to watch Jackson play last weekend. The 6-foot-8 shooting guard has said little in public about his recruitment and has yet to set an official visit to MSU.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/josh-jackso ... thin-month" target="_blank
I think he's had plenty of unofficials. I wouldn't freak out based off that. He lived close enough to pop over plenty.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

So, no champagne yet eh. 8-)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

JJ attended a MSU game in December v. Oakland. Attendence was 20,228.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

That game was at the Pistons arena.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:I remember Kyle Singler getting so much of that dunked back in his face in Anaheim four years ago he didn't know what to do with himself then either.

Frankly, Josh Jackson is a far better prospect.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Mega slam! DW the man
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:God, that dude is so ugly too. :lol:
This didn't help his face.

https://youtu.be/RzbBt5d6mZo" target="_blank
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Question: :?

Okay guys, Arizona drops in the polls and seedings. (Kansas and MSU did not)

Your thoughts re the impact on Josh Jackson's decision to sign with Sean Miller/ Arizona this month?

Just wondering.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

HiCat wrote:Question: :?

Your thoughts re the impact on Josh Jackson's decision to sign with Sean Miller/ Arizona this month?

Just wondering.
Zero impact. I'd be surprised if most top flight recruits honestly care about college basketball polls.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote:
HiCat wrote:Question: :?

Just wondering.
Zero impact. I'd be surprised if most top flight recruits honestly care about college basketball polls.

Cool, happy to see this.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He's going to pick the program that is the best fit for him. All three will provide a chance to win a NC next year.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

JJ is taking is final official visit to MSU.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Top-ranked recruit Josh Jackson sets official visit to Michigan State

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf ... ackso.html" target="_blank

Wonder if MSU has enough scholie slots left?
Just asking... :?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Josh Jackson To Choose Between Michigan State, Arizona & Kansas Within A Month
Josh Jackson is the top 2016 recruit still on the board.

By Mike Woolfson m.woolfson@hngn.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank | Feb 29, 2016 10:13 AM ES

For what it's worth Jackson is from Detroit, Michigan which works in the Spartans' favor but they also have a few other things going for them. Jackson is good friends with MSU commit Miles Bridges who is trying hard to get him to come to East Lansing to play his college basketball, according to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. Michigan State currently has the number three recruiting class in the nation, according to 247, but if they received a commitment from Jackson that might move to number one.

While Michigan State would love to get Jackson to round out an already elite class Kansas and Arizona actually need him more. Kansas has commitments from just two players for 2016 (four-stars Udoka Azubuike and Mitch Lightfoot) and are losing Perry Ellis and possibly more guys after this season. Kansas' class is currently ranked 36th in the nation, which is very low for Kansas, but Jackson would bring that up significantly.

As for Arizona they are in a similar position to Kansas. They have only two commitments from 2016 prospects (four-star Lauri Markkanen and five-star Kobi Simmons) but, unlike Kansas, they are guaranteed to lose a lot more talent after this season. Arizona's 2016 recruiting class is currently 31st in the nation so they need Jackson to help re-stock the roster.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/183291/201 ... -month.htm" target="_blank

Don't see how Kansas is on even JJ's radar. :?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jackson is from Detroit, Michigan which works in the Spartans' favor

Growing up in Michigan myself, I think that is a detriment, not a positive. Especially now that we both live in Cali.

Just one winter out west compared to a winter in the upper midwest and you are hooked.

Not just the weather, but the pasty women back there compared to the bronze beauties out here.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Merkin wrote:Jackson is from Detroit, Michigan which works in the Spartans' favor

Growing up in Michigan myself, I think that is a detriment, not a positive. Especially now that we both live in Cali.

Just one winter out west compared to a winter in the upper midwest and you are hooked.

Not just the weather, but the pasty women back there compared to the bronze beauties out here.

Absolutely. Unless he is a bit on the nervous side of leaving home, AZ is hands-down nicer than Michigan (this from a native Wisconsonite that when living in AZ knew quite a few people that moved from Mich to Tucson and would never go back)
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:Jackson is from Detroit, Michigan which works in the Spartans' favor

Exactly Merk! Why would a big time player want to live where its frozen and ugly?? 8-)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Not paid-for information, so I can post this for whatever it's worth. It's seeming to me now that most anonymous Arizona posters elsewhere, who claim to know enough about this recruitment to state an opinion, now think Jackson is headed to MSU. Doesn't jibe with my understanding of the recruitment, and I don't think people with opinions always have substantial foundations for their opinions, but in my opinion, a growing batch of Arizona fans feel like this recruitment has changed and Jackson is most likely headed to East Lansing. So maybe reporters and MSU fans who google their way to this site can go delight Sparty with this development.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Izzo going to have to do some Romaring?

All 13 of MSU's 2016-17 scholarships are currently accounted for, meaning if Jackson were to commit to the Spartans, he either have to do so as a walk-on, or one of MSU's 2016-17 scholarships would in some way have to become available.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Longhorned wrote:Not paid-for information, so I can post this for whatever it's worth. It's seeming to me now that most anonymous Arizona posters elsewhere, who claim to know enough about this recruitment to state an opinion, now think Jackson is headed to MSU. Doesn't jibe with my understanding of the recruitment, and I don't think people with opinions always have substantial foundations for their opinions, but in my opinion, a growing batch of Arizona fans feel like this recruitment has changed and Jackson is most likely headed to East Lansing. So maybe reporters and MSU fans who google their way to this site can go delight Sparty with this development.
Izzo is my favorite active coach. Hard to blame JJ if he ends up there.

If we actually whiff on JJ, I just hope CSM can gather some other pieces so that the '16 class provides sufficient size and depth to next year's roster.

AT
KA/KS
RS
LM
DR

It's not a bad lineup, but probably not a Pac champ. If AT leaves, you can bump us down another notch or two.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Longhorned wrote:Not paid-for information, so I can post this for whatever it's worth. It's seeming to me now that most anonymous Arizona posters elsewhere, who claim to know enough about this recruitment to state an opinion, now think Jackson is headed to MSU. Doesn't jibe with my understanding of the recruitment, and I don't think people with opinions always have substantial foundations for their opinions, but in my opinion, a growing batch of Arizona fans feel like this recruitment has changed and Jackson is most likely headed to East Lansing. So maybe reporters and MSU fans who google their way to this site can go delight Sparty with this development.
All because he's taking a visit there?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He wins whether he chooses us or Michigan State. Both great choices. He's made comments about the Michigan weather fairly recently. And I have a couple friends from Michigan who have pretty much said the same thing Merkin said. "I miss home and my family is all there but I am never going back because of the winters. I just visit when the weather warms up." He is getting the same thing at Michigan State that he is getting at Arizona in terms of basketball, almost top to bottom. And with it being a one-year thing, how are most people going to lean with only a one-year commitment? You want to spend half of it freezing your ass off with average looking females? Or do you want to wear shorts and tank tops pretty much year round and be on a campus that has one of the largest populations of gorgeous women in the country? Yes, there are other factors involved, but he's going to be 18. That's a huge pull. I completely wrote off a school because I didn't see one chick I would bang without a few drinks in me during my recruiting visit.

Until I hear that the "fit" has changed, I have no reason to believe that at worst, he is still undecided and not leaning in any direction. I am guessing a lot of these Michigan State conclusions are based on Miller's pursuit of Alkins and now Ferguson. "Oh, Miller must know something, he is now going hard after two other top 15 guys who can play the 2." I am sure the uncertainty of Trier's return also plays into it. Dude hasn't even taken his official to Michigan State yet and you KNEW he was going to at some point, as they are one of his top 3 schools. This isnt some out of nowhere thing like Arizona getting into the mix for Alkins and he announces he is going to now visit.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Beachcat97 wrote:.

If we actually whiff on JJ, I just hope CSM can gather some other pieces so that the '16 class provides sufficient size and depth to next year's roster.

AT
KA/KS
RS
LM
DR

It's not a bad lineup, but probably not a Pac champ. If AT leaves, you can bump us down another notch or two.
Say we dont land JJ, we are getting at least one of Alkins or Ferguson because Miller is a witch. So with that team you posted, and at least one of those dudes, who in the Pac 12 is going to beat us? The only 3 teams I see challenging THAT team for a title are UCLA, USC, and Oregon.

UCLA = only loses Parker (unless someone transfers or bolts early, and has a nice incoming class (Alford actually achieving in life is another story)
Oregon = loses Boucher and Cook, and Dorsey may bolt for the draft (I am assuming Ennis medical redshirts)
USC= Pretty much all returning
ASU = LOL
WSU = LOL
Cal = loses Rabb, Brown and Wallace
Utah = loses Poeltl, Taylor and Loveridge
Oregon State = lol and losing GP3
Washington = loses Andrews and probably one of Chriss and Murray, maybe both
Colorado = loses Scott
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

rgdeuce wrote:He wins whether he chooses us or Michigan State. Both great choices. He's made comments about the Michigan weather fairly recently. And I have a couple friends from Michigan who have pretty much said the same thing Merkin said. "I miss home and my family is all there but I am never going back because of the winters. I just visit when the weather warms up." He is getting the same thing at Michigan State that he is getting at Arizona in terms of basketball, almost top to bottom. And with it being a one-year thing, how are most people going to lean with only a one-year commitment? You want to spend half of it freezing your ass off with average looking females? Or do you want to wear shorts and tank tops pretty much year round and be on a campus that has one of the largest populations of gorgeous women in the country? Yes, there are other factors involved, but he's going to be 18. That's a huge pull. I completely wrote off a school because I didn't see one chick I would bang without a few drinks in me during my recruiting visit.

Until I hear that the "fit" has changed, I have no reason to believe that at worst, he is still undecided and not leaning in any direction. I am guessing a lot of these Michigan State conclusions are based on Miller's pursuit of Alkins and now Ferguson. "Oh, Miller must know something, he is now going hard after two other top 15 guys who can play the 2." I am sure the uncertainty of Trier's return also plays into it. Dude hasn't even taken his official to Michigan State yet and you KNEW he was going to at some point, as they are one of his top 3 schools. This isnt some out of nowhere thing like Arizona getting into the mix for Alkins and he announces he is going to now visit.
Actually he'll be 20. He's already been 19 for a few months.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

rgdeuce wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:.

AT
KA/KS
RS
LM
DR

Say we dont land JJ, we are getting at least one of Alkins or Ferguson because Miller is a witch. So with that team you posted, and at least one of those dudes, who in the Pac 12 is going to beat us? The only 3 teams I see challenging THAT team for a title are UCLA, USC, and Oregon.

UCLA = only loses Parker (unless someone transfers or bolts early, and has a nice incoming class (Alford actually achieving in life is another story)
Oregon = loses Boucher and Cook, and Dorsey may bolt for the draft (I am assuming Ennis medical redshirts)
USC= Pretty much all returning
ASU = LOL
WSU = LOL
Cal = loses Rabb, Brown and Wallace
Utah = loses Poeltl, Taylor and Loveridge
Oregon State = lol and losing GP3
Washington = loses Andrews and probably one of Chriss and Murray, maybe both
Colorado = loses Scott
If we get JJ and AT comes back we'll be top 3-5 preseason. With their classes coming in and returning talent, Oregon USC and UCLA will be in that 10-25 range. Washington is a potential top 35 kinda team. Asu actually has a good class coming in full of 4 star kids.

Pac 12 will be even better next year.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote: Actually he'll be 20. He's already been 19 for a few months.

And never gets carded.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin, I asked my wife, "How old do you think this guy is?"

She looked at the photos for a bit and then with confidence concluded, "mid-40's."

Anyway, I don't think he goes to MSU, but what I don't understand is why anybody thinks he will. Nobody has a reason that makes sense to me in the context of this recruitment.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

What do I know..no inside info, don't know JJ or his folks. From what I see, he seems to really like Izzo and he has some good friends at Michigan State. But how many scholies do they have left?
And Kansas? Just don't see it. As everyone knows, he's played for Miller and seems to like him and appreciates his coaching style. At this point, only JJ knows eh.

Just musing... :)

Kansas 33%
Arizona 33%
Michigan State 29%

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Merkin, I asked my wife, "How old do you think this guy is?"

She looked at the photos for a bit and then with confidence concluded, "mid-40's."

Anyway, I don't think he goes to MSU, but what I don't understand is why anybody thinks he will. Nobody has a reason that makes sense to me in the context of this recruitment.
Do recruits always make sense with their decisions?

I hope we get JJ, but recruiting is always a crapshoot.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

JJ has Greg Oden disease, but hopefully just with his age appearance, not the injuries.

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Do recruits always make sense with their decisions?

I hope we get JJ, but recruiting is always a crapshoot.
I've been hoping that JJ's relationship with CSM gives us an edge, but you're right: total crapshoot. I don't doubt that JJ wakes up some mornings sure that he's going to one school only to wake up the following day with a different feeling. KU, MSU, AZ...all thriving elite programs. He's going to be such a star for the year he's in college, and I'm not sure we can say he's better off at one more than the others. He makes any of these teams a top 5 team next year and a favorite to reach the FF.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Hey, Josh, the other coaches already have titles. Come give the hungriest coach in America his first ring.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

thenewazcats wrote:Hey, Josh, the other coaches already have titles. Come give the hungriest coach in America his first ring.
I'll settle for first FF.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Beachcat97 wrote:
thenewazcats wrote:Hey, Josh, the other coaches already have titles. Come give the hungriest coach in America his first ring.
I'll settle for first FF.
What a strange thing to write.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
wilbur1997

Post by wilbur1997 »

Not sure if this article has been posted already & I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but this...

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/josh-jackso ... elebration" target="_blank

... and this...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... /81386598/" target="_blank

... looks like MSU is the team to beat for Jackson.

I have no idea, but I hope he becomes a Wildcat.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not that these guys know anything more than we do, but the last 4 out of 5 predictions say KU.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions" target="_blank
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

wilbur1997 wrote:Not sure if this article has been posted already & I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but this...

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/josh-jackso ... elebration" target="_blank

... and this...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... /81386598/" target="_blank

... looks like MSU is the team to beat for Jackson.

I have no idea, but I hope he becomes a Wildcat.
Huh? I saw nothing that's discouraging in there. Is he supposed to say that he hated the visit? Of course the last visit is always the best, but thankfully he's taking another few weeks before making the call. The honeymoon period after this visit will fade and he'll do what's best for him.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

No bump for MSU (on 247) after JJ's visit seems like a good sign.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat wrote:No bump for MSU (on 247) after JJ's visit seems like a good sign.
Yep.

1. No scholie for him at MSU
2. It was frickin' cold when he want

v.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Merk, that girl on the far right for MSU:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

michcat

Post by michcat »

But his girlfriend is going to Michigan....Image
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

You don't go to college with a girlfriend. Especially if are someone like Josh Jackson.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The Goat wrote:You don't go to college with a girlfriend. Especially if are someone like Josh Jackson.
Exactly. He could have his daily pick of the entirety of sorority row from the moment he steps on campus.

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

michcat wrote:But his girlfriend is going to Michigan....Image
And quite a nice looking young lady she is...

No way would Josh attend school at her college's arch rival. That just would not be right.