Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheGreatCatsby

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

A few of his moves tonight reminded me of Miles Simon in the championship game vs. Kentucky, that ability just to drive to the middle of the lane in traffic and get that nice midrange shot/floater to go in softly off the rim. Great weapon to have when you need a score.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I'm having a hard time finding a good quality gif of this JJ NBA move, but this will have to do for now.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Forget it...

This guy is the tits...I want him at Arizona and will be sad if he goes else.

He looks to have potential Jordan = UNC, branding. I want that for Arizona.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Making everyone else out there look like children. Well, except that Azubuike guy.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Kobi doing all he can tonight to convince Josh to come play alongside him
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

There's a reason why we all wanted him so bad. Tonight is a good example of why.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Forget it...

Agree completely but I doubt we get him. Its been some time since there was any indication that we are at the top of his list. We have a shot at Ferguson, although not getting an immediate commitment during/after his visit doesn't bode well with this type of kid.......he may very well commit to the school he visits last.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Forget it...

Agree completely but I doubt we get him. Its been some time since there was any indication that we are at the top of his list. We have a shot at Ferguson, although not getting an immediate commitment during/after his visit doesn't bode well with this type of kid.......he may very well commit to the school he visits last.
I don't know how you could listen to the interview with Ferguson tonight and not feel like we're in a good place with him.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

The one early in the game about going somewhere with "trust?" Or did i miss another one?

Jackson is clearly the cream of the crop out there. Wasnt anyone that close in my opinion. I dont know what ESPN was smoking when they rated Tatum ahead of him, JJ is a better player top to bottom and it didnt even take a whole half to see it
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'll probably have to pee during the night, but I doubt I make it all the way to the toilet. Somebody get a sponge ready.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:The one early in the game about going somewhere with "trust?" Or did i miss another one?

Jackson is clearly the cream of the crop out there. Wasnt anyone that close in my opinion. I dont know what ESPN was smoking when they rated Tatum ahead of him, JJ is a better player top to bottom and it didnt even take a whole half to see it
It was in the second half because I only got to see the second half. Ferguson listed us off first and talked a lot about Kobi and his positive influence. He also said he wasn't 100% he would even take officials to BU/KU/MD.

You never really know, but by design or otherwise, there was a focus on us.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Shit you threw me off cuz its the JJ thread. I did see that :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I think we just need to accept that JJ will be a mystery until right before it happens, or just as it happens.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I really get a laugh watching you all salivate over a future Jayhawk.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

How many teeth do u have? Serious question
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:I really get a laugh watching you all salivate over a future Jayhawk.
He may go to Arizona, he may not. I just don't get a small penis complex with recruits where I can only praise them when I know they're coming here, and if they don't, I spend the next 4 years dropping in on an opposing message board to act butthurt about Kaleb Tarczewski.

Jackson's a major talent.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

enfuego wrote:I really get a laugh watching you all salivate over a future Jayhawk.
JJ is not going to Kansas. No reason for him to be there. It's either Michigan his home state, or Miller who he likes who coached him at U19 and knows he'd make him a better player.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Very dismissive of Arizona at the 1:03 mark. Miles Bridges' wouldn't be recruiting him to come to MSU if he was already going there.
Joe Rexrode – Verified account ‏@joerexrode
I mean, @Graham_Couch and I are sitting here going through Miles Bridges quotes from tonight for clues.
8:33 PM - 30 Mar 2016

Arizona plays Michigan State in November
Pack it up folks it's over /s

#Recruitingisfun
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So is Miles Bridges playing the Kobi Simmons role for MSU?

Who is JJ better friends with/will produce better with?

I know jack shit about recruiting but you guys got me all hopped up on this one. FRT player that burned me on recruitment was the Brandon Jennings Fiasco.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Damn...hes going MSU.

thats too bad. good player.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I wasn't pessimistic until tonight. Still holding out hope though.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Showed my wife the Bridges video and JJ's "ehhhhhh" (re: Arizona having the edge) videos. In her own language, basically said perfect fit.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Can't believe this is gonna drag out for several more days. He's not coming to AZ. Hopefully it's a different story with TF.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Where is SHB to tell some of you that you need help. Stop with the he is not coming here because of what these videos and twitter are saying. Kansas fans freaked when he vined with Kobi.

It is all a toss up.
Jwsisliving

Post by Jwsisliving »

Beachcat97 wrote:He's not coming to AZ. Hopefully it's a different story with TF.
Didn't know you could tell the future. :roll:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

NYCat wrote:BTW nice article, JJ is competive, has attitude and a trash talker. We need his attitude because we've been pretty soft for a while (Dwill E8 team had the most but ultimately limited by less talent). Tyler Dorsey has more attitude in one finger than Trier's whole apathetic body.
This is a weird, weird take. I really don't understand your fixation with Dorsey over Trier. They were rated closely coming out of HS, and they performed very similarly in their freshman years, so why are you banging this drum over and over? I know you want some intangible thing that you didn't get out of Trier and Ryan Anderson this year. Statistically, Dorsey wouldn't have given you anything extra, and if you think a freshman was going to come in and lead a team with Anderson, Tarc, and York on the roster you're nuts. This Kobe-MJ quality you talk about is just fine if you're a dominant player. Dorsey is not -- he's about as good as the other players on the team, so coming in with that kind of attitude gets you exactly what it got Dorsey at UA -- a bunch of already committed guys who don't want to be around you.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Puerco wrote:
NYCat wrote:BTW nice article, JJ is competive, has attitude and a trash talker. We need his attitude because we've been pretty soft for a while (Dwill E8 team had the most but ultimately limited by less talent). Tyler Dorsey has more attitude in one finger than Trier's whole apathetic body.
This is a weird, weird take. I really don't understand your fixation with Dorsey over Trier. They were rated closely coming out of HS, and they performed very similarly in their freshman years, so why are you banging this drum over and over? I know you want some intangible thing that you didn't get out of Trier and Ryan Anderson this year. Statistically, Dorsey wouldn't have given you anything extra, and if you think a freshman was going to come in and lead a team with Anderson, Tarc, and York on the roster you're nuts. This Kobe-MJ quality you talk about is just fine if you're a dominant player. Dorsey is not -- he's about as good as the other players on the team, so coming in with that kind of attitude gets you exactly what it got Dorsey at UA -- a bunch of already committed guys who don't want to be around you.
I'm sick of this Dorsey vs. Trier & Simon debate.....it's so over, let's move on please fellas.....What we needed the most was good PG play ala TJ! Second to that was a healthy Ray Smith.....but an 'Arizona Good' PG was sorely lacking.......and hence the first round flameout. Bummer.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If you think Miles Bridges is Jackson's spokesman, then you should consider Jackson to be afraid of competition.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

NYCat wrote: Very dismissive of Arizona at the 1:03 mark. Miles Bridges' wouldn't be recruiting him to come to MSU if he was already going there.
Joe Rexrode – Verified account ‏@joerexrode
I mean, @Graham_Couch and I are sitting here going through Miles Bridges quotes from tonight for clues.
8:33 PM - 30 Mar 2016

Arizona plays Michigan State in November
Pack it up folks it's over /s

#Recruitingisfun
Miles Bridges:
"Michigan State will be a perfect fit for him..."

So that's it then? Not coming to Tucson? :roll:
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I need to back away from these Josh Jackson threads. I had a dream last night he committed to Arizona and it was like I won the lottery. And after a while, my dream self thought "this is just a dream" and I woke up.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

NYCat wrote:Very dismissive of Arizona at the 1:03 mark. Miles Bridges' wouldn't be recruiting him to come to MSU if he was already going there.

Nice bonnet...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Trying to get some perspective here. Which team -- KU, MSU, AZ -- would have the best chance to win a title if JJ went there? I'm thinking it's close between MSU and AZ, right? KU is losing Selden and Ellis.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Look, here's what I really care about: getting one of Jackson/Ferguson. We do that and we are in really good shape on the wing if we keep Trier.

Jackson is obviously a really big fish, but Ferguson is literally the best consolation prize possible if it is a on or the other scenario. Most years, we'd be crawling through broken glass to get Ferguson, so just because he isn't JJ, that isn't a negative.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:Trying to get some perspective here. Which team -- KU, MSU, AZ -- would have the best chance to win a title if JJ went there? I'm thinking it's close between MSU and AZ, right? KU is losing Selden and Ellis.
Not Arizona, we always lose in the Elite Eight, and until Miller plays 2-3 zone full time, that isn't changing.

Kansas? Unless Mario Chalmers still has some eligibility, they'll get upset pre-Final Four like always.

MSU will make the Final Four but not win it like Izzo does on the regular.

My money is on UCLA. I think Alford really evolved as a coach this year.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I agree, SS. Getting either one probably makes us the Pac favorite again. If we get neither, we lose some key depth.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:I agree, SS. Getting either one probably makes us the Pac favorite again. If we get neither, we lose some key depth.
It's not like a rotation of "only" Smith, Trier and Alkins is bad. That's 3 five star players on the wing. Add one more, though, and we're stacked deep enough where our concern is FF, NC, not the Pac crown.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Longhorned wrote:If you think Miles Bridges is Jackson's spokesman, then you should consider Jackson to be afraid of competition.
I don't think anyone thinks that. But now JJ confirmed Miles knows his decision which puts the total at 3 known (JJ, mom, Miles). Now a lot of people are looking through Miles' interviews during the McDs AA game to see if he slipped (given any clues). Because JJ is a diplomat and with every interview he makes all 3 fanbases think they're getting him.

--

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/stor ... /82458648/" target="_blank
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I agree, SS. Getting either one probably makes us the Pac favorite again. If we get neither, we lose some key depth.
It's not like a rotation of "only" Smith, Trier and Alkins is bad. That's 3 five star players on the wing. Add one more, though, and we're stacked deep enough where our concern is FF, NC, not the Pac crown.
Not sure why you're counting on Trier coming back.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Not sure why you're counting on Trier coming back.
Because most draft predictions have him undrafted. That never guarantees anything, but...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Yeah, I think we should aim our sights higher than 1 out of 3 of Trier, Ferguson and Jackson.

Let's just say I don't expect the former to have an attack of common sense after the combine. Hasn't he already hired an agent anyway?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Beachcat97 wrote:I agree, SS. Getting either one probably makes us favorites to win the national title. If we get neither, we lose some key depth.
Fixed it for you.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

catgrad97 wrote:
Let's just say I don't expect the former to have an attack of common sense after the combine. Hasn't he already hired an agent anyway?
As far as I know, he hasn't even declared himself for the draft.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

All these guys jumping and getting agents, several of whom are in a similar position to Trier in terms of uncertainty/projections not being good. We haven't even heard a peep from that camp in a while unless I missed something. Not even a test the waters with the new rule. Just guessing, but I'm putting the odds at 70 returning/30 leaving at this point.

With Trier and Ferguson, to me that's a very very strong roster that would have a great chance to nab that elusive final four.
With JJ, and Trier or Ferguson, Im thinking national title contender.
With JJ, Trier, and Ferguson, that's not even fair.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
As far as I know, he hasn't even declared himself for the draft.
I've heard nothing. If he was just done here, I figure he would have made that call already. I'd speculate that at the bare minimum, he's weighing options.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

OK. I seem to remember that Trier thread having him a lot more gone than it actually does, upon review.

I'm pretty sure Ferguson's coming to Arizona. Miller's undoubtedly already made his choice on which kid, Trier or JJ, to recruit all-out to Tucson.

Because, honestly, I don't think anything less gets either one. Trier may not be officially declared, but IMHO he's looking for reasons to go.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

At least Stanimal is a true Wildcat. Hopefully he knows Miller knows.
rgdeuce wrote:All these guys jumping and getting agents, several of whom are in a similar position to Trier in terms of uncertainty/projections not being good. We haven't even heard a peep from that camp in a while unless I missed something. Not even a test the waters with the new rule. Just guessing, but I'm putting the odds at 70 returning/30 leaving at this point.

With Trier and Ferguson, to me that's a very very strong roster that would have a great chance to nab that elusive final four.
With JJ, and Trier or Ferguson, Im thinking national title contender.
With JJ, Trier, and Ferguson, that's not even fair.
I think we need JJ to be on the same level as Kentucky and Duke, they're absolutely loaded. 1A 1B 1C, three headed monster. JJ could shut down guys like Tatum easily.
Fergie would gives spacing, Trier should test the waters just like Briscoe, & Hamilton. He has nothing to lose without hiring an agent. Ultimately unless he wants to be a career Euro, he'll be back -- if we do lose JJ having Ferg & Trier back wouldn't be the worst thing.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beachcat97 wrote:Can't believe this is gonna drag out for several more days. He's not coming to AZ. Hopefully it's a different story with TF.
Since you know, limbo no longer affects you. Embrace the certitude.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

catgrad97 wrote:OK. I seem to remember that Trier thread having him a lot more gone than it actually does, upon review.

I'm pretty sure Ferguson's coming to Arizona. Miller's undoubtedly already made his choice on which kid, Trier or JJ, to recruit all-out to Tucson.

Because, honestly, I don't think anything less gets either one. Trier may not be officially declared, but IMHO he's looking for reasons to go.
If he's looking for reasons to go, he isn't gonna find them. There's really only one big reason to go, and it's either been there for a while or it hasn't.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Can't believe this is gonna drag out for several more days. He's not coming to AZ. Hopefully it's a different story with TF.
Since you know, limbo no longer affects you. Embrace the certitude.
I thought limbo was only for unbaptized babies?
gumby

Post by gumby »

LBdCactus wrote:Making everyone else out there look like children. Well, except that Azubuike guy.
Really impressed with F. Jackson and Lonzo Ball.
Right where I want to be.