Florida and Donovan

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Florida and Donovan

Post by Olsondogg »

Could be a challenge for him this year:

Florida coach Billy Donovan announced Wednesday afternoon that starting forward Chris Walker will miss the team's first two games of the regular season, plus one exhibition game, due to an unspecified violation of team rules. Donovan also announced that Florida freshman guard Brandone Francis will have to sit out the 2014-15 season due to academic restraints.

Donovan on Walker:

“He has worked very, very hard in the weight room. I think the biggest thing, his biggest challenge this year, in my opinion, is going to be his ability to manage expectations,” Donovan said. “He was an unbelievable teammate last year in terms of understanding the fact that he had missed so much of the summer, non-conference [games], and when he came here, he never once complained about playing time. He wanted to do what he could do to help. “He has such a long way to go in terms of being reliable, accountable and disciplined. Those would be the three things I would say I don't have a great grasp on right now, but we're going to find out.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... t-for-year
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Catstatic

Re: Florida and Donovan

Post by Catstatic »

Olsondogg wrote:Could be a challenge for him this year:

Florida coach Billy Donovan announced Wednesday afternoon that starting forward Chris Walker will miss the team's first two games of the regular season, plus one exhibition game, due to an unspecified violation of team rules. Donovan also announced that Florida freshman guard Brandone Francis will have to sit out the 2014-15 season due to academic restraints.

Donovan on Walker:

“He has worked very, very hard in the weight room. I think the biggest thing, his biggest challenge this year, in my opinion, is going to be his ability to manage expectations,” Donovan said. “He was an unbelievable teammate last year in terms of understanding the fact that he had missed so much of the summer, non-conference [games], and when he came here, he never once complained about playing time. He wanted to do what he could do to help. “He has such a long way to go in terms of being reliable, accountable and disciplined. Those would be the three things I would say I don't have a great grasp on right now, but we're going to find out.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... t-for-year
That is about the harshest coach-speak I have heard in a long, long time. Kid must have serious issues.

Go Cats!!
cats101

Re: Florida and Donovan

Post by cats101 »

The most overrated team thus far. No way are they top 10.