Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Kansas

Post by CalStateTempe »

Cleared = NCAA wants its cash cow to have a decent seed.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

They're good.

Great ball movement and 35 can rival ayton in the paint.

Defense is a bit suspect but they'll be a contender.

Nice to watch them in person, allegences aside.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Gimme that, gimme that MO BAMBA!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Two beautiful, badass blocks in a row.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Kansas playing zone.

~ Wilhoit's Law
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Two beautiful, badass blocks in a row.
He had about three goaltends which were counted as blocks and two put backs which were still on the cylinder which should have been called off. But he did have a good game.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

How do you let yourself get out-rebounded 44-29 at home?

18 offensive rebounds for TTech? Guess they just wanted it more.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:
He had about three goaltends which were counted as blocks and two put backs which were still on the cylinder which should have been called off. But he did have a good game.
So what you're saying is this 12 point loss at home was actually a technical win?

Noted in my record book.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Yet another outstanding performance at home there KU! Rock Chalk CHOKE.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

SCCats wrote:
enfuego wrote:
So what you're saying is this 12 point loss at home was actually a technical win?

Noted in my record book.
Go ahead and laugh. We're short in the post rotation. Shouldn't you be more worried about all the bad press Arizona is getting? Head football coach was fired under allegations of sexual harassment? Yikes.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Noted in my record book.
Go ahead and laugh. We're short in the pants rotation.
I'm not laughing. And don't worry, I will send in the paperwork.
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Noted in my record book.
Go ahead and laugh. We're short in the post rotation. Shouldn't you be more worried about all the bad press Arizona is getting? Head football coach was fired under allegations of sexual harassment? Yikes.
First, the harassment claims were found to be unsubstantiated. Second, EVERYONE is at risk of this these days...smh. Third, you act like getting rid of Rich Rod was a bad thing....I didn’t know until you posted it so thank you for not only crapping the bed yet again and making AFH a non-factor BUT for breaking the good news about Rich Rod!

Sincerely, BW. LMAO.....your tears are truly delicious enfuego.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Noted in my record book.
No one even remembers you have a football team.

But they sure as shit will remember this Kansas Basketball season when all of a sudden the Jayhawks’ performance in front of their faithful fans was ..... let’s just say “suboptimal”.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I'm going to enjoy every single loss the UA experiences this year with extra fervor. It will be sweet to see Arizona finish 3rd in a lousy conference.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:I'm going to enjoy every single loss the UA experiences this year with extra fervor. It will be sweet to see Arizona finish 3rd in a lousy conference.
YES! Give in to the Dark Side technical Jedi!
Bangkok Wildcat

enfuego wrote:I'm going to enjoy every single loss the UA experiences this year with extra fervor. It will be sweet to see Arizona finish 3rd in a lousy conference.
Please do....BTW, this is karma for your past trollish behavior....enjoy!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

SCCats wrote:
YES! Give in to the Dark Side technical Jedi!
The hate flows through him nicely. Someone get our man a red lightsaber!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

The last act of the defiant. Oooh.

Of course, it's only January 2nd. Think of all the games Kansas still has to play. West Virginia should be fun. And TCU next week. Oklahoma. Texas A&M. Damn, the more you look at KU's schedule it's not inconceivable that Rock Chalk is gonna be on the bubble come March. How does that feel?
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I guess you need something else to look forward to when your favorite basketball team is constantly shitting it's pants in broad daylight.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I give SCCats full credit for turning Solo full (assless chaps) Snoke.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

What's extra to normal?

Happy New Year enfuego!
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

A lousy conference that Kansas is 1-2 against, those two losses coming at home and in Kansas City.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Phylek wrote:
A lousy conference that Kansas is 1-2 against, those two losses coming at home and in Kansas City.
Technical wins, all of them!

And we've got the paperwork submitted to prove it.
Bangkok Wildcat

Have it give props where props are due...good win vs. ISU at AFH enfuego. Ouch, that hurt to say ;-)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Have it give props where props are due...good win vs. ISU at AFH enfuego. Ouch, that hurt to say ;-)
Dang, we're at the point where a close win at home vs a 9-6 team earns props for KU.
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Have it give props where props are due...good win vs. ISU at AFH enfuego. Ouch, that hurt to say ;-)
Dang, we're at the point where a close win at home vs a 9-6 team earns props for KU.
ISU has had their number in recent years and I thought they were going to choke that game away...especially after losing to UW in KC and ASU at AFH. Maybe I was being too generous....
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ISU has had their number in recent years and I thought they were going to choke that game away...especially after losing to UW in KC and ASU at AFH. Maybe I was being too generous....
Sorry, didn't mean it disrespectfully to you at all. I actually get where you're coming from and it's a bad comment on hos this season is going for KU.
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Sorry, didn't mean it disrespectfully to you at all. I actually get where you're coming from and it's a bad comment on hos this season is going for KU.
Absolutely no disrespect taken Spiff! I totally get where you’re coming from....I have very mixed feelings re: KU....Both of my parents, RIP, met there and they WERE my #2 Team even with all the contention / rivalry for recruits until Zeus committed to us over them. My parents, and other family were / are huge KU fans / boosters / alums.

After I read comments from their fans on “the Shiver” hoping he would blow out his knees then getting kicked off there for no good reason (I politely told them that saying this wouldn’t be received positively by future recruits....then kicked off with a rude comment towards me...when I’m always extra polite on opposition boards), I turned a page on them and went hostile.

Anyways, I’ve given enfuego a ton of crap lately, mostly due to his trolling (whereas I give Mr. Bug, a huge UCLA fan, big props for being respectful here) so I thought I’d throw him a bone. Obviously it’s a down year for them with a weak Front Court and I thought the win vs. ISU was a good one even with their suspect record.

Bear Down Spiff and please change the Hurley thread title back...it was so perfect the first time ;-).

PS. You have to respect their Scout fan board....man it’s a giant and wish we had the traffic they do.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Technical loss
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

TatetheGreat wrote:Technical loss
Yup. I'll get the paperwork ready.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

TatetheGreat wrote:Technical loss
KSU might have ran the worst end of game possession I have seen in a long time only down by 1.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Yeah, lol. Even the announcers were going “wtf...?”
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Kansas down 13 at the half to West Virginia.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Bangkok Wildcat

Irish27 wrote:Kansas down 13 at the half to West Virginia.
Yep, watching the game as well...WVU started out red hot....Man, that shot blocker Kanate is a BEAST!
Bangkok Wildcat

WVU offense is pathetic....relying on jump shots most of the game....smh
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Good win for KU
Bangkok Wildcat

Huge props to Kansas for pulling this win out at WVU...first win there in 5 years. WVU Offense is complete crap IMO....
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Nice comeback for Kansas.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Those last three possessions by WVU were god fucking awful. How many 30+ foot shots can you take?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote:Kansas down 13 at the half to West Virginia.

Do I have to post the Big Lebowski gif again?

Rules, man, we have rules around here.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Chicat wrote:Those last three possessions by WVU were god fucking awful. How many 30+ foot shots can you take?
They didn’t pass the ball well and settled for those 3 point shots (5-27!!!) all game long....unbelievable. KU defense isn’t that good to have to settle for those shots all game long.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Those last three possessions by WVU were god fucking awful. How many 30+ foot shots can you take?
They didn’t pass the ball well and settled for those 3 point shots (5-27!!!) all game long....unbelievable. KU defense isn’t that good to have to settle for those shots all game long.
Shit, they shoot about as well as Arizona from 3 point land. Maybe better.
Bangkok Wildcat

BBQ wildcat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Shit, they shoot about as well as Arizona from 3 point land. Maybe better.
Not according to the stats BBQ with WVU @ (154/460 = 33.4%) over 17 games vs UA (126/334=37.7%) over 18 games. We are not only significantly better but much fewer attempts. They seem to chuck it often from 3 and, from this game as it’s the only one I’ve seen, aren’t very good at dribble penetration.

Edit: There were possessions where they didn’t seem to even try to penetrate....I can’t think it was because KU is all of a sudden a defensive monster with their limited Front Court.
Last edited by Bangkok Wildcat on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
I've never been sold on WVA. I have memories of them having Gonzaga in trouble and then just producing horrific offensive possessions involving one dude dribbling for 20 seconds and then jacking a 3.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
I've never been sold on WVA. I have memories of them having Gonzaga in trouble and then just producing horrific offensive possessions involving one dude dribbling for 20 seconds and then jacking a 3.
WVU at home is a tough out. Their "defense" consists of fouling the entire game and they get the benefit of some home cooking which allows them get away with some of it versus fouling out their players. Bilas made an interesting comment that if you can keep it close down the stretch, WVU's decision making and play falls apart. I think he said that with about 11 minutes to go in the game.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
WVU at home is a tough out. Their "defense" consists of fouling the entire game and they get the benefit of some home cooking which allows them get away with some of it versus fouling out their players. Bilas made an interesting comment that if you can keep it close down the stretch, WVU's decision making and play falls apart. I think he said that with about 11 minutes to go in the game.
They're a tough team and a good defensive team. Offensively, I agree that they have issues and that they don't seem to have a plan in big moments.

I'd speculate part of it is pressing and generating offense off defense. If you can handle the press, prevent that and make WVA play half court offense, that's where the issues manifest themselves.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

KU beats Stanford by 20 at Stanford, Arizona wins by 2? Trouble in the desert?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ASU beats KU by 10 at KU, Arizona handles ASU. Trouble in Lawrence?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.