Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

zonagrad

Re: Kansas

Post by zonagrad »

KU 1-2 vs. Pac 12. Why does everyone think the Big 12 is so wonderful?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

zonagrad wrote:KU 1-2 vs. Pac 12. Why does everyone think the Big 12 is so wonderful?
Please define 'everyone'. Because I don't think it means what you seem to think it means.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

RichardCranium wrote:
zonagrad wrote:KU 1-2 vs. Pac 12. Why does everyone think the Big 12 is so wonderful?
Please define 'everyone'. Because I don't think it means what you seem to think it means.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ight-scary
There's no better example of the Big 12's depth and talent than TCU. The Horned Frogs entered league play at 12-0 -- and promptly lost four of their first five games. Of course, those five games were no cakewalk: vs. Oklahoma, at Baylor, vs. Kansas, at Texas, at Oklahoma.

The scary part about the Big 12? That five-game stretch isn't really an anomaly. That's the way the league is this season. The worst team is Iowa State -- which has beaten top-50-caliber teams Baylor and Boise State by double digits. The other 1-4 team, in addition to TCU and Iowa State, is Baylor, which entered Big 12 play in the Top 25 after beating Creighton and Wisconsin. There are no easy games, especially on the road.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
prh

Post by prh »

Puerco wrote:
RichardCranium wrote:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ight-scary
There's no better example of the Big 12's depth and talent than TCU. The Horned Frogs entered league play at 12-0 -- and promptly lost four of their first five games. Of course, those five games were no cakewalk: vs. Oklahoma, at Baylor, vs. Kansas, at Texas, at Oklahoma.

The scary part about the Big 12? That five-game stretch isn't really an anomaly. That's the way the league is this season. The worst team is Iowa State -- which has beaten top-50-caliber teams Baylor and Boise State by double digits. The other 1-4 team, in addition to TCU and Iowa State, is Baylor, which entered Big 12 play in the Top 25 after beating Creighton and Wisconsin. There are no easy games, especially on the road.
Same could have been said about asu too.

On Kansas though, Oklahoma just intentionally fouled Azubuike 4 straight times down the stretch, he went 0-6 at the line, and Self never took him out. It was obvious it was coming every time too. Just gave it away.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

kansas

:lol:
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Fuegs probably was wishing on a star that Tarc was on the floor, instead of Azubuike, tonight. Tarc wouldnt have lost you the game at the FT line.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

TucsonClip wrote:Fuegs probably was wishing on a star that Tarc was on the floor, instead of Azubuike, tonight. Tarc wouldnt have lost you the game at the FT line.
No kidding....The ‘Hack-a-Uza’ Strategy really worked well. A glaring weakness for sure.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

That makes four losses (two at home, one in Kansas City) and two one-point wins over Nebraska and Kansas State. When does De Sousa start making an impact? He has two points through four games.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:Fuegs probably was wishing on a star that Tarc was on the floor, instead of Azubuike, tonight. Tarc wouldnt have lost you the game at the FT line.
In fairness to Self, with the loss of Preston, he has very few options. If not Azubuike, it's Mitch Lightfoot or De Souza, who has barely played. After that, it's just guards. They're really, really unbalanced right now. Mayne Lightfoot would stop the intentional fouling, but you lose a lot else.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Chicat wrote:
Ha-Ha!

When I first saw the headline of the linked story I thought this was Fake News type thing. Just shows you that there are crazier fans out there much more intense into the games than even our fan base is. One of the reason I believe we will have a good NCAA Tourney this year is because of our good free-throw percentage, especially Ayton's, amongst other reasons. We are a better team than we think - just need to convince the rest of the basketball nation and be more confident. I think we are just starting to gel just in time for the second half of the conference schedule.

Anyone up for heading to the dorms and teaching the team how to have a faster start?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MountainCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Ha-Ha!

When I first saw the headline of the linked story I thought this was Fake News type thing. Just shows you that there are crazier fans out there much more intense into the games than even our fan base is. One of the reason I believe we will have a good NCAA Tourney this year is because of our good free-throw percentage, especially Ayton's, amongst other reasons. We are a better team than we think - just need to convince the rest of the basketball nation and be more confident. I think we are just starting to gel just in time for the second half of the conference schedule.

Anyone up for heading to the dorms and teaching the team how to have a faster start?
I thought this would link the Onion. We don't have the palatial dorms like KU, so we'll have to organize smaller recon parties to hit individual residences.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

The meltdown on the Phog is fun to watch. Braindead Self is my favorite.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ahhh, I remember it like it was yesterday....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote: Ahhh, I remember it like it was yesterday....
I was there - they totally smoked us in the first half...

... Salim & Walton led one of the best halfs of Arizona basketball in the second.

It was awesome! (Lute proposed to #2 that evening...)

I went to several bars around Lawrence wearing Cat colors, after, and I must say that the KU fans were friendly and complimentary everywhere!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

pc in NM wrote:
Chicat wrote: Ahhh, I remember it like it was yesterday....
I was there - they totally smoked us in the first half...

... Salim & Walton led one of the best halfs of Arizona basketball in the second.

It was awesome! (Lute proposed to #2 that evening...)

I went to several bars around Lawrence wearing Cat colors, after, and I must say that the KU fans were friendly and complimentary everywhere!
Salim stole that game for Arizona and Walton stole all the candy from the hotel vending machine.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I'm going to have to call a Technical Loss on your game against Utah. The Utah player was absolutely mugged (R.I.P.) on the last play of the game. Award two free throws and the W to Utah.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bullshit
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:Bullshit
After watching the replay... blatant foul not called.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

enfuego wrote:I'm going to have to call a Technical Loss on your game against Utah. The Utah player was absolutely mugged (R.I.P.) on the last play of the game. Award two free throws and the W to Utah.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:I'm going to have to call a Technical Loss on your game against Utah. The Utah player was absolutely mugged (R.I.P.) on the last play of the game. Award two free throws and the W to Utah.
Why are you posting this in the Kansas thread?
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

How about a compromise? Let's give Utah a moral victory.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ALASKACAT wrote:
I think the seeding committee will look at this "win" poorly for UA come selection Sunday. Does it cost UA a seed spot? Don't know. But it won't help.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

enfuego wrote:
ALASKACAT wrote:
I think the seeding committee will look at this "win" poorly for UA come selection Sunday. Does it cost UA a seed spot? Don't know. But it won't help.
I think the seeding committee is perfectly aware just how incompetently this game was officiated and will have absolutely no negative change in perspective on Arizona as a result of it.

This game will be evidence in a future government case against shoe company corruption, however.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Probably not the season to talk shit, enfuego. Kansas can't defend home court and that ASU loss looks worse by the day.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Kansas: 1-2 record in the Pac 12. Lone win against a depleted Stanford team without Pickens and Okpala. Sure looks like Kansas is fortunate to play in such a soft conference where they dominate every year. Not so much against the Pac.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I think it's hilarious that this year the big 12 is the most balanced, best conference ever. And this is the year that they lose to the sec, there were a number of games the big 12 should have won but lost. What will the outcome be?????? "The big 12 is so good, it's just that the sec is so much better than we thought, and the Pac 12 still sucks" we will only get 2 teams in the tourney, and probably neither team that beat Kansas will get in. Yay for the Pac 12 networks, yay for our refs that make these games so fun to watch!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

I'll submit the paperwork.

Feed your hate young Jedi.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

January 25, 2003 - Back when winning at Allen Fieldhouse was unusual....

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If by mugged you mean he jumped into a guy with arms straight up and threw the ball in the wrong direction looking for a whistle, yeah.

Of anyone, you should know it isn't easy to beat Pac 12 teams at home (or semi-home).
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Akot pushed the Utah player towards the baseline with his lower body.

Utah player caught the ball so far under the basket that it didnt matter.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:Akot pushed the Utah player towards the baseline with his lower body.

So any physical contact should be a potential whistle? Are you a Pac 12 ref, because that sounds like their line of thinking.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Akot pushed the Utah player towards the baseline with his lower body.

So any physical contact should be a potential whistle? Are you a Pac 12 ref, because that sounds like their line of thinking.
Yes any physical contact should be a POTENTIAL whistle. Not a foul necessary or a defensive foul.

I never said it was a foul in my opinion. Just saying what I saw which I believe we all know is true
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Big XII always seems to be overrated
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Imagine living in Lawrence and your basketball team sucks. Hell on earth.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I fully expect them to come back in the second half and win this game, but that first half . . . Woof!

13 offensive rebounds for ntOSU should be embarrassing. Bill Self has to challenge each of those kids to find their nutsacks.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Kansas will win by double digits
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Okie Light has no chance
-JB
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

OK St wants it more. I can't imagine playing this bad at home with KU's experience.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

The Okies sure jack up a bunch of bad shots.That does not bode well.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Okie State trying to give it away.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Maybe they can miss a couple of more fts so KU can pull this thing out
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Let's see. Kansas loses another home game to a lower level team, which includes ASU and UW. I would say Kansas would be around 9th place if they were playing in the Pac-12.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Technical Win
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Are they going to jump up to #5 in the polls now?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

NYCat wrote:Are they going to jump up to #5 in the polls now?
....but not ahead of Duke.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This is why I love having enfuego here.