Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCat

Re: Kansas

Post by TheCat »

enfuego wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I read phog.net yesterday to see how they were taking it. Most people seem to have adopted the part about the university being a victim as the complete exculpation of Self and Kansas even though it isn't. It's the same language as we got, Louisville got and every other university will see.

I hope this keeps happening. Expose how systemic this really is and force the NCAA's hand.
Their issue with no coach involvement is lose the final 4 and its money and more importantly lose their conference title. That is what you get when you play an ineligible player....oh and lose that player next year.
Nothing is going to happen to KU or De Sousa. Also, the University was not involved.
The heat is on.......https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kansas-pla ... 38312.html" target="_blank
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

LOL. You guys are Louisville toast.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Romeo Langford had a 35 minute announcement ceremony to tell everyone he would not be attending Kansas.

During said ceremony he was compared to Oscar Robertson AND Abraham Lincoln. It was glorious...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat wrote:Romeo Langford had a 35 minute announcement ceremony to tell everyone he would not be attending Kansas.

During said ceremony he was compared to Oscar Robertson AND Abraham Lincoln. It was glorious...
You forgot to mention he will be playing for Miller...

Archie Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

More intersting new for El dumbo. This is really genius by the admin.

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- University of Kansas chancellor Douglas Girod says the school didn't produce any written reports after an independent examination of the athletics department during a federal investigation of corruption in college basketball.

Girod said Monday he was given verbal briefings after the Kansas review last fall but he didn't think an external written report was necessary.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:o
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I actually did the math, works out to an average score of 40-18 in every game Kansas has played the last 4 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

And we thought Fat Charlie was bad. Beatty has one conference win in 3 years (Texas), and only 1 win against a non-conf FBS team (Rhode Island).

Oh, and he is extended until 2021.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Kansas hasn't won a road game since September 2009 as well. 46 straight road losses.

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

enfuego wrote:
Nothing is going to happen to KU or De Sousa. Also, the University was not involved.
This is why we allow enfuego to keep posting here.

Thanks for the many gifts.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
"Some of which we didn't."

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So far one difference between what’s being alleged (proven?) of Kansas as opposed to AZ is that Self was indeed involved in negotiating paying players, while Miller was not. Is this fair to say?
prh

Post by prh »

Isn't it funny how schools seem to always not know about something. Like when TCU said they didn't know Turpin's legal issues were still ongoing. Convenient that they never just asked him "hey is your shit done or not?"

But yes I completely understand why they don't ask these things. It's just always dumb when they say "oh there's some things we weren't aware of."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

They could roll out an android Vitale and no one would even know the difference. He repeats the same five or six phrases each time he’s asked to chime in.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Beachcat97 wrote:So far one difference between what’s being alleged (proven?) of Kansas as opposed to AZ is that Self was indeed involved in negotiating paying players, while Miller was not. Is this fair to say?
Your trial hasn't happened yet. Also, when was Self involved in negotiating paying players, that wasn't part of the trial record. And Book was caught paying players. Last I remembered, Book is part of the staff. Did he go rogue?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

enfuego wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:So far one difference between what’s being alleged (proven?) of Kansas as opposed to AZ is that Self was indeed involved in negotiating paying players, while Miller was not. Is this fair to say?
Your trial hasn't happened yet. Also, when was Self involved in negotiating paying players, that wasn't part of the trial record. And Book was caught paying players. Last I remembered, Book is part of the staff. Did he go rogue?
Who did Book pay? Nice try.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Book was caught paying players? Really?

That’s a bombshell enfuego. The fact that he was caught and there’s proof must be a huge story. Can you post some links? For some reason my Google machine is malfunctioning and not showing me anything resembling what you posted.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

That’s a bombshell enfuego. The fact that he was caught and there’s proof must be a huge story. Can you post some links? For some reason my Google machine is malfunctioning and not showing me anything resembling what you posted.
I posted the link on the main board. Every time I mention it, you guys deny it, and I re-post the link. Go find it yourself.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

I posted the link on the main board. Every time I mention it, you guys deny it, and I re-post the link. Go find it yourself.
I don't think you can read. Since nothing in what you posted shows anything like that.

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The one guy Book was supposedly going to pay was already cleared by the NCAA to play back in June. So Book did a really shitty job of paying him by the NCAA's standards.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Down goes Frazier.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

:lol: @ scheduling a home and home with ASU and getting the brooms. Don't come back Fuegs
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

As much as I hate ASU, knowing enfuego had to witness that brings a smile to my face.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

So, if we beat ASU then we've beaten the Jaycucks, technically.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Worth the $25K fine
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

cats101

Post by cats101 »

Main Event wrote::lol: @ scheduling a home and home with ASU and getting the brooms. Don't come back Fuegs
The fact that they'll never schedule a Home and Home with Az again makes it even more hilarious. I can see their thought process. Lets schedule the little brother of Arizona, get 2 wins that may look okay on paper and move on. 2 L's! :lol: I swear out of all the "blue bloods" Kansas by far is my most hated and it's not close. Fans think they're God's gift to college basketball. They make fun of Lute for "being dead" and will never give Miller credit if he deserved it. F them.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So, Kansas lost to a team that lost to Princeton and Utah.....interesting.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:So, Kansas lost to a team that lost to Princeton and Utah.....interesting.

Don't forget the technical loss to Stanford.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:So, Kansas lost to a team that lost to Princeton and Utah.....interesting.

I'll send you a postcard from the F4.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oh thank goodness! So happy to see you post, enfuego. I was afraid you had lain down in the street or something.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

Well it looks like you won't have to face asu to get there, so that's lucky.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Talk to you next week enfuego.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Only one week?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Seems to be the standard timing for when he creeps out from under that bridge after a loss.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

And now a team that lost to Arizona.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote:
But, but, they did, technically.

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Tough break for Azubuike.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat wrote:Tough break for Azubuike.
Damn that sucks...
cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

You sure?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... d-ligament" target="_blank
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

You sure?

Looking like we'll get De Sousa back soon.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
cats101 wrote:
enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

You sure?

Looking like we'll get De Sousa back soon.
His eligibility regrew itself?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:Talk to you next week enfuego.
11 days
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Talk to you next week enfuego.
11 days
Ha! I was waiting for this, as I made that post.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

West Virginia scored the last 7 points of the game and beat Kansas by one.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner