Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat34

Re: Kansas

Post by azcat34 »

The look on all the Kansas players when they were announced in Kentucky's region was priceless.

If anyone has a screenshot anywhere, please post.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Its like the guy who shows up at his 400 class final knowing he doesn't know the material.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

It's not a question of if Kansas gets embarrassed, it's a question of how and by whom: By the 15-seed Aggies? By the premier program in Kansas, Wichita St.? Or by Kentucky again by 100?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

They gonna lose to wichita state.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

salim'sheadband wrote:It's not a question of if Kansas gets embarrassed, it's a question of how and by whom: By the 15-seed Aggies? By the premier program in Kansas, Wichita St.? Or by Kentucky again by 100?
HEH!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I love this so much...

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

azcat34 wrote:The look on all the Kansas players when they were announced in Kentucky's region was priceless.

If anyone has a screenshot anywhere, please post.
Kind of like the guy on Death Row having his last appeal denied and given an execution date, lol......Having said this, we all should be hoping for anyone to knock Kentucky out!

As much as I dislike Kansas, I'll root for every Kentucky opponent......I'm so sick and tired of them and the ridiculous amount of talent lined up each year to play for them.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Why is Kansas so depressed? They're on the other side of the bracket from Kentucky and won't last long enough to face the Wildcats anyway.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Stolen from a UK board...
In Self's 11 postseason runs, his teams have been eliminated 7 times by a seed ranked worse than his team and four times, his team was sent home in the first weekend. That means 63% of the time, if Kansas loses, it will be to a team ranked lower and 36% of the time, they got sent home in the first weekend.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

catgrad97 wrote:Why is Kansas so depressed? They're on the other side of the bracket from Kentucky and won't last long enough to face the Wildcats anyway.
Because this time they don't even have hope. Which is too bad, because Kansas having their hopes crushed is by a lower seed is a pretty entertaining annual tradition.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Shockers over Jayhawks was the easies pick to make in my bracket
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:Shockers over Jayhawks was the easies pick to make in my bracket
You have to go with the best team in the state of Kansas, especially since they'll be looking to make a statement against the blue blood that keeps ducking them.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

enfuego wrote:
enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:How about a side bet that a seven-loss team isn't getting a 2 seed.
Of course for Kansas that's the bet I'm proposing. But Enfuego will say he didn't come back today or tomorrow or whatever other day he needs to say to not technically be a part of the bet because he knows what will happen.

The important lesson here actually is for the lower boards: when you know what a person's disposition is, when you know what a nation is going to do, you can use that against them. Here, there, wherever: I know what your disposition is, and I can use it against you to trap you. To put you in an untenable place.

Here Enfuego will NEVER respond to my bet. He can't; he's in a lose/lose spot. And what's the worse case for me? I lose $100?

I've won before he's even responded because I've trapped him into saying Kansas is a 2 seed.
Kansas deserves a 2 seed. Why would I bet on something which the team can't control (no, they can't control the politics of the committee member's bias). It's been a while since KU last played Arizona and gave your team a beat down. Maybe Arizona will be the three seed in our Bracket in the Midwest Region this March?
Someone owes me $100.

Oh Enfuego you made my day.

I know you'd show yourself to be a coward as far as the initial bet went, but I hoped that wouldn't be the end of it; a week later the rankings would come out and we'd know where everyone stands. If Kansas came out as a 3 or worse we'd get another chuckle at your cowardice.

In the small chance KU did get a 2 I hoped you'd come back and clown yourself. And as always you didn't disappoint so thank you for that.

Although really thanks isn't necessary because making a clown of yourself was always what you were going to do. You can't but be the poster you have always been.

Your next lesson will be administered by NMSU or the Shockers or ND or UK.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

azgreg wrote:
Main Event wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Puerco wrote:Battle tested. In every game.
Are you talking about Arizona's performance against UCLA last night? This is Arizona's year to do something, because next year is a rebuilding year. You lose McConnell to the business world, Tarczewski to Europe, Ashley to the NBDL, and Jefferson and Johnson to the NBA. I don't care who your incoming class is that is a lot of experience to replace.
lol

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=13732227
His own fan base thinks he's a dipshit.

ya gotta love how enfuego takes the time to troll even the KANSAS messageboards. even better how he also goes dead silent on the ku boards when he's wrong and folks call him out. dude is consistent! :D
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Did you ever wonder what trolls from rival fan bases do on their home message boards? They troll. Because that's what trolls do. Don't ever confuse enfuego for Kansas fans.

We have home trolls who troll us, and you can see them out there misrepresenting us to other fan bases.
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Enfuego - destroyed by his own board. Oh dear.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Longhorned wrote:Did you ever wonder what trolls from rival fan bases do on their home message boards? They troll. Because that's what trolls do. Don't ever confuse enfuego for Kansas fans.

We have home trolls who troll us, and you can see them out there misrepresenting us to other fan bases.
Really good point. Where is Jessie Wildcat these days?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

thenewazcats wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Did you ever wonder what trolls from rival fan bases do on their home message boards? They troll. Because that's what trolls do. Don't ever confuse enfuego for Kansas fans.

I don't think Jessie was so much a troll as he was just completely insane.
Zona_Soccer10

Post by Zona_Soccer10 »

I can't figure out who I want to lose more, Kansas, or Kentucky. I just want someone to tame Kentucky.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I think Fuego spends so much time here because we like him more than KU fans do.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Longhorned wrote:
thenewazcats wrote:

I don't think Jessie was so much a troll as he was just completely insane.
She's a pathetic troll....she pollutes the UCLA Scout Board, amongst others.....creates multiple handles and will then carry on conversations with herself.....makes the board almost unreadable.....usually her handles average under 10 posts before she creates a new one. She is a living virus and an embarassment to the U of A fanbase.
Bangkok Wildcat

Zona_Soccer10 wrote:I can't figure out who I want to lose more, Kansas, or Kentucky. I just want someone to tame Kentucky.
Oh Man, although I hate Kansas, I would root for them vs KU. Someone needs to stop them! Tired of their domination and envious of their talent surplus. Also sick of all the hype that we've had to suffer through all year long.

I don't want to get caught looking ahead that far, but I would relish the chance to play them in the Final Four. Anyways, too early for that kind of talk and hope they lose before then. They are scary good.
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but granted that going undefeated in the regular season is impressive, does their list of victories really look that impressive? They beat a bipolar UNC team, beat Louisville by 8, smoked UCLA and Kansas, and the SEC was not too good this year.

Am I crazy to think they could be taken down by any one of Maryland, WVU, Witchita State or Notre Dame? And if they get to the Final Four they'd be looking at perhaps UVA, Duke, Villanova, Wisconsin type teams.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

waysouthcat wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but granted that going undefeated in the regular season is impressive, does their list of victories really look that impressive? They beat a bipolar UNC team, beat Louisville by 8, smoked UCLA and Kansas, and the SEC was not too good this year.

Am I crazy to think they could be taken down by any one of Maryland, WVU, Witchita State or Notre Dame? And if they get to the Final Four they'd be looking at perhaps UVA, Duke, Villanova, Wisconsin type teams.
Kentucky is in no way unbeatable. They went to OT at home against Ol' Miss and double OT at Texas A&M. They had other close calls as well, and of course slow starts, bad finishes, and so forth and so on. This wasn't a team that went out and beat everyone by 20. But they did win every game no matter how they played, and they did beat a good number of teams by 20 (and more). So you have to respect that.

That being said, I don't have them winning the National Championship.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

waysouthcat wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but granted that going undefeated in the regular season is impressive, does their list of victories really look that impressive? They beat a bipolar UNC team, beat Louisville by 8, smoked UCLA and Kansas, and the SEC was not too good this year.

Nope, not missing anything. UK is going to lose to someone and I can't wait. Everyone will be so shocked like it's the craziest thing to ever happen.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

perfect storm for Kentucky. Of course they glide through an SEC in the year florida was absolutely brutal (think they finished the entire season under 500). This team has had some bad games, typically against mediocre to bad teams, or teams that blew their load when they realized they were going to be the giant killers and choked.
salim'sheadband

rgdeuce wrote:perfect storm for Kentucky. Of course they glide through an SEC in the year florida was absolutely brutal (think they finished the entire season under 500). This team has had some bad games, typically against mediocre to bad teams, or teams that blew their load when they realized they were going to be the giant killers and choked.
Kentucky also missed Arkansas at Bud Walton this year, which is huge IMO.

But why are we talking about Kentucky in this thread? As we've discussed, this thread is about the premier program in Kansas, Wichita St.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Shockers over Jayhawks was the easies pick to make in my bracket
You have to go with the best team in the state of Kansas, especially since they'll be looking to make a statement against the blue blood that keeps ducking them.
Ducking them? They cancelled the series because they grew tired of taking an annual beat down. Now they want a home and home, which they aren't going to get. There is zero benefit from a recruiting standpoint to do that and more so it takes money away from ticket sales of a home game in Allen. I believe Self has offered them a game in Allen and the "return" game to be played in KC with the majority of the ticket sales going to KU and the usual cut for the visiting team. WSU's coach doesn't want that.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
She's a pathetic troll....she pollutes the UCLA Scout Board, amongst others.....creates multiple handles and will then carry on conversations with herself.....makes the board almost unreadable.....usually her handles average under 10 posts before she creates a new one. She is a living virus and an embarassment to the U of A fanbase.
She?

Is that just a swipe, or are you privy to inside information?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Ducking them? They cancelled the series because they grew tired of taking an annual beat down. Now they want a home and home, which they aren't going to get. There is zero benefit from a recruiting standpoint to do that and more so it takes money away from ticket sales of a home game in Allen. I believe Self has offered them a game in Allen and the "return" game to be played in KC with the majority of the ticket sales going to KU and the usual cut for the visiting team. WSU's coach doesn't want that.
The day Kansas sacks up and plays a real home and home with a legit non-conference foe will be the day Self's stones drop.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CalStateTempe wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
The day Kansas sacks up and plays a real home and home with a legit non-conference foe will be the day Self's stones drop.
Temple is much more legit than Wichita State and we played Michigan State in a home and home and many more over Self's tenure, like Kentucky.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

azthrillhouse wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
She?

Is that just a swipe, or are you privy to inside information?
She's not going to bang you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Yes, as you so eloquently explained, ducking them. Thanks for the confirmation. Let the annual Bill Self choke job commence.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
It's like you don't even know your own programs history...ku and wsu have only played 11 times...and not in 22 years. Not much of a tradition for an annual beat down. Ku is ducking them and scared shitless of wsu.. plain and simple.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
It's like you don't even know your own programs history...ku and wsu have only played 11 times...and not in 22 years. Not much of a tradition for an annual beat down. Ku is ducking them and scared shitless of wsu.. plain and simple.
Got this from a poster on phog:

"Actually Roy ended the series. Can't go into details, but he had the moral high ground. He did the right thing. He told Tom Shupe the WSU AD. "We have one year left on the contract. We're going to run the score up on you. And then never play you again."
Roy kept his word. The score of that game was 103-54."
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So 22 years later ku is still scared?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Roy is such a bitch.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Nobody who ends a rivalry by telling the rival they're going to run up the score on them, then does so by nearly 50, has the moral high ground--or even knows what a moral high ground is.

Nothing like college basketball fans spinning propaganda about one of their false idols. And no, this is not time for you to try and turn this BS back on MIller, because there is no ground to stand on there.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Didn't Olson say the same thing to Duke? ;)

EDIT: whenever I see this post pop up in the new posts screen, my immediate reaction is, 'Oh, KU lost already? How'd they do that?'
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote: You have to go with the best team in the state of Kansas, especially since they'll be looking to make a statement against the blue blood that keeps ducking them.
Got this from a poster on phog:

"Actually Roy ended the series. Can't go into details, but he had the moral high ground. He did the right thing. He told Tom Shupe the WSU AD. "We have one year left on the contract. We're going to run the score up on you. And then never play you again."
Roy kept his word. The score of that game was 103-54."
Ending a series in a classless way does sound like the mark of having the moral high ground, right?

I assume the Phog also thinks OJ held the moral high ground in his breakup with Nicole Simpson.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

The Big 12 is so bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAB>>>KU
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

UAB would have won the BIG 12
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Puerco wrote:UAB would have won the NBA Eastern conference
fyp
salim'sheadband

I'll admit it, I was wrong when I said the Big XII was a conference full of sweet sixteen teams.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Please in all that is right allow Kansas to find a way to squeak by there 15 seed today so WSU can deliver the wheat shocker up there ass
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Texas not great against Butler today. Baylor struggling with Georgia State....heh
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Texas is so awful too, the circular logic that conference uses to pump up each other's worth almost rivals SEC Football.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Georgia Southern would win the BIG 12
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Big 12 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: