Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Kansas

Post by azcat49 »

Forgot about WVU. Thank goodness the Little 12 brought them in. Has a conference ever shit the bed this bad? Three 3 seeds go out along with a 2 seed, all to lower seeds on the first weekend. AZ would have gone 18- 0 in that mid major conference
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Anyone play today?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Meltdown at the Phog:

Reliance on young kids? Three bad recruiting years in a row? A coach who tightens everyone's sphincter before the tourney?
Whatever the reason, it's getting ******* old.

The Big 12 is a joke. We wouldn't win any other conference.

How anyone who knows anything about basketball could think this loss tonite was a "gut punch" is beyond me. We were over seated. The big 12 was over ranked and many posters on here thought anything past the first round was gravey. We need a couple of solid 2 to 3 year guys that don't dissappear in big games (see Seldon). I think Lucas will be better next year and hopefully Michelson gets a legit shot. Mason came a long way as did grahm. We'll see!

This is the second year in a row KU looked terrible for a second round tournament game. Sorry... if we're going to be in the same breathe as the Kentuckys, Dukes, etc winning these games should be expected. Yes Kentucky went to a recent NIT, but they also are on path to win another NC. Duke has had some bad early losses yet they will probably at least make the Final Four. Have either of these teams looked so ill prepared in the tournament...under Cal or K ever? This probabky gets locked or deleted but it's incredibly frustrating watching this movie over and over under Bill Self. Just wonder what it would take to light a fire under him.Winning a conference that has been horrific in the tournament is not good enough for me. Spoiled? Yes. But rightfully so. We're f-ing Kansas. The expectations are supposed to be high.

Self has obviously had a great run here, but I think at this point we see he really struggles ( Putting it lightly) the second game of every tourney weekend. Would Stevens pick up if we called?

Self has obviously had a great run here, but I think at this point we see he really struggles ( Putting it lightly) the second game of every tourney weekend. Would Stevens pick up if we called?
And the dumbfuckery has begun
Oh, c'mon he's just kidding. WE WON THE MIGHTY BIG 12 REGULAR SEASON TITLE AGAIN! YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

He's a way better coach with a sh!tload less talent. Self is fat and happy, and his teams are getting worse year by year.
He was just in the Final Four three years ago with Conner Teahan and Kevin Young coming off the bench. You're what's wrong with college sports. Such a whiny stupid bitch you are.

Gutless, Heartless, Brainless. This team is full of guys who aren't typical KU players but a bunch of losers.

Oubre, Wiggins, Selby, Henry, Embiid. Nothing has come from them. All kids like this do is create constant roster turnover. Self needs to stop recruiting these kids that are only biding their 9 months until they can go league. I firmly believe that it's hurting our program. This is the 3rd straight year we've been dominated by underclassmen due to roster turnover, and the 3rd straight extremely disappointing finish.

There is no effing excuse, with the talent on this team, to get boat-raced by an MVC team in the tourney. None.

The body's not even cold yet and some people are wanting players to leave or have their schollies revoked.
We're better than that people. This was bound to be a rebuilding year after losing 2 of the top 3 picks in the draft. We won the league title and earned a two seed playing the nation's toughest schedule. 90% of D-1 programs would love a year like that. Instead it's a transitional season for us.
We'll be fine. And we'll be damned good next year. Better I am sure. Congrats to the Shockers. They got us. It happens. We will have much better days. I already know this because we're Kansas and we have lots and lots of good days in college basketball.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

enfuego wrote:Image
If I were you I wouldn't say anything either...even you can't spin how pathetic Kansas is.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Mentioned after the Temple game that those kids quit listening to Self and they certainly stopped playing hardmost of the time
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:Image
Time for an update

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

azcat49 wrote:Mentioned after the Temple game that those kids quit listening to Self and they certainly stopped playing hardmost of the time
Completely agree. There were a few spurts in the game in which the Jayhawks were focussed and played with intensity. However those spurts were few and far between
az91

Post by az91 »

They missed Tharpe today.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

az91 wrote:They missed Tharpe today.
And the basket a number of times.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

There is always football.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

"Kansas lost in the first weekend?? That was totally unexpected and completely ruined my brackets!!!"

- said no one ... ever
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Lol, cats101! Good one :-) ...ahhhhh, today is going to be a beautiful day.....
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Over the last 12 years:

Mike Krzyzewski: 1 NCAA Championship, 2 Final Fours, 1 Elite Eight, 4 Sweet 16s, 1 Round of 32, 3 first round exits.

Roy Williams: 2 NCAA Championships, 3 Final Fours, 3 Elite Eights, 4 Round of 32s, 1 NIT appearance

Tom Izzo: 3 Final Fours, 1 Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16s, 3 Round of 32s, 2 first round exits

Bill Self: 1 NCAA Championship, 2 Final Fours, 3 Elite Eights, 3 Round of 32s, 2 first round exits.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Does that make you feel better about your 2014/2015 season?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Cherry picker
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

enfuego wrote:Over the last 12 years:

Mike Krzyzewski: 1 NCAA Championship, 2 Final Fours, 1 Elite Eight, 4 Sweet 16s, 1 Round of 32, 3 first round exits.

Roy Williams: 2 NCAA Championships, 3 Final Fours, 3 Elite Eights, 4 Round of 32s, 1 NIT appearance

Tom Izzo: 3 Final Fours, 1 Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16s, 3 Round of 32s, 2 first round exits

Bill Self: 1 NCAA Championship, 2 Final Fours, 3 Elite Eights, 3 Round of 32s, 2 first round exits.
Your best player is balding and has old man knees
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CatsbyAZ wrote:

Your best player is balding and has old man knees
and smells of elderberries.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:Does that make you feel better about your 2014/2015 season?

No.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

An actual conversation with my 7 year old while we were filling out our brackets:

7YO: Dad, why do you have Kansas losing in the 2nd round... they are a 2 seed?

Me: Kansas usually loses in an early round. It's smart to pick them to lose early.

7YO: Then why don't you you have them losing in the 1st round?

Me: It's temping... but them losing to a small school in Kansas is just too perfect not to pass up.

My 7 YO didn't take my advise and still picked Kansas to go to Elite 8 vs Kentucky.

Today...

7 YO: Dad... I should have listened to you. Kansas is horrible.

Me: I know... Just remember this next year.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Big 12 is a joke of a conference. The pundits rank all of those second rate schools very highly then, when they beat each other they can point to SOS. The biggest joke was Kansas seeded #2 with 8 losses. WSU should have been #2 with KU as a # 3-5
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

So basically every other year Self chokes in the first weekend as a 1/2 seed. You are bragging about this?
gumby

Post by gumby »

So how's the celebration going?
Right where I want to be.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Honestly, the fact that Sam Brownback showed up in the WSU locker room is almost enough to make me root for Kansas, if I didn't think he was slimy enough to do the same thing for the Jayhawks if they won.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I couldn't figure out why Brownback wasn't booed.

Gov. Sam Brownback announced Thursday that he will cut funding for public schools and higher education to help keep the state solvent through June, a move that has sparked anger from some lawmakers and education advocates after his previous promises to safeguard education funding.

The automatic cuts do not need legislative approval and will go into effect March 7. The governor will cut the state’s regents universities by 2 percent and public schools by 1.5 percent across the board, for a combined savings of $44.5 million.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-gov ... rylink=cpy
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

salim'sheadband wrote:Honestly, the fact that Sam Brownback showed up in the WSU locker room is almost enough to make me root for Kansas, if I didn't think he was slimy enough to do the same thing for the Jayhawks if they won.
He would have had a Kansas shirt on. They showed him during the telecast and he had a WSU vs KU shirt on in the stands and he was booed
salim'sheadband

Frybry02 wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:Honestly, the fact that Sam Brownback showed up in the WSU locker room is almost enough to make me root for Kansas, if I didn't think he was slimy enough to do the same thing for the Jayhawks if they won.
He would have had a Kansas shirt on. They showed him during the telecast and he had a WSU vs KU shirt on in the stands and he was booed
I would have booed him if he had a tattoo of Miles Simon on his forehead.
salim'sheadband

Anyway, back on topic. When does Kansas hang the #1 RPI banner?
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Merkin wrote:I couldn't figure out why Brownback wasn't booed.

Gov. Sam Brownback announced Thursday that he will cut funding for public schools and higher education to help keep the state solvent through June, a move that has sparked anger from some lawmakers and education advocates after his previous promises to safeguard education funding.

The automatic cuts do not need legislative approval and will go into effect March 7. The governor will cut the state’s regents universities by 2 percent and public schools by 1.5 percent across the board, for a combined savings of $44.5 million.

New gov in AZ Ducey is cutting education even worse perhaps. Even after the court ordered the State to pay back inflation adjustements that had been taken, his is denying that in his budget. Also he has proposed completely unfunding all the community colleges!
Most of that is from what voters already have told lawmakers to increase aid to schools to account for inflation. And even at that, the governor proposes giving schools only what the Legislature contends the state owes schools, rather than the $330 million a court already has ruled is due.
http://tucson.com/news/business/ducey-b ... 7418c.html
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... y-colleges
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

Dude your coach is barely breaking making it out of the first weekend 50% of the time.
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

salim'sheadband wrote:Anyway, back on topic. When does Kansas hang the #1 RPI banner?
Funniest thing is they keep saying they had the toughest schedule too. Ummmm you had 8 losses. So most of those were L's?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

KOQSTRONG wrote:
salim'sheadband wrote:Anyway, back on topic. When does Kansas hang the #1 RPI banner?
Funniest thing is they keep saying they had the toughest schedule too. Ummmm you had 8 losses. So most of those were L's?
You don't have to win them you just have to schedule them.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

KOQSTRONG wrote:
It's all about quality losses.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Lute4God wrote:
Merkin wrote:I couldn't figure out why Brownback wasn't booed.

New gov in AZ Ducey is cutting education even worse perhaps. Even after the court ordered the State to pay back inflation adjustements that had been taken, his is denying that in his budget. Also he has proposed completely unfunding all the community colleges!
Most of that is from what voters already have told lawmakers to increase aid to schools to account for inflation. And even at that, the governor proposes giving schools only what the Legislature contends the state owes schools, rather than the $330 million a court already has ruled is due.
http://tucson.com/news/business/ducey-b ... 7418c.html
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... y-colleges
I still cannot believe we elected Douchey... but he must be an upstanding member of the community - he is a Thunderbird! :roll:

As for the inflation adjustment that the courts have ruled the Legislature owes the school districts... Exactly how much have they spent on legal fees appealing each court who has ruled against them? This state ranks DEAD LAST in $ spent per child on K-12 education, falling marginally behind Utah - who trails #48 by a considerable gap.

It's a f***ing embarrassment.
salim'sheadband

Wayne Selden and Brannen Green in 43 combined minutes of playing time:

0-4 from 2, 0-3 from 3, NO FT attempts, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal, no blocks

You see, the thing I love about our players, even when they're not playing well, is that they always play hard. Stanley and Rondae against not The Ohio State University:

4-19 from 2, 0-5 from 3, 7-10 from the line, 20 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

fuegs bringing the "over the last 12 years my coach has done X" smack after his team just got their asses beat by wichita state in the round of 32?

I almost feel sorry for him and his level of patheticness.

almost, but not quite.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Come on, guys. Play nice.

I'm sorry KU lost, enfuego. You must be absolutely miserable. I shudder to imagine myself in your place as a fan, and I am thankful every day that I likely will never have to experience the level of frustration you feel. Be strong until November, my friend.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

Puerco wrote:Come on, guys. Play nice.

I'm sorry KU lost, enfuego. You must be absolutely miserable. I shudder to imagine myself in your place as a fan, and I am thankful every day that I likely will never have to experience the level of frustration you feel. Be strong until November, my friend.
Yeah, imagine if Arizona had refused to play NAU for 20+ years, and then NAU beat us in the second round. Must be miserable.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

salim'sheadband wrote:Wayne Selden and Brannen Green in 43 combined minutes of playing time:

0-4 from 2, 0-3 from 3, NO FT attempts, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal, no blocks

You see, the thing I love about our players, even when they're not playing well, is that they always play hard. Stanley and Rondae against not The Ohio State University:

4-19 from 2, 0-5 from 3, 7-10 from the line, 20 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block
That explains why, with 7 minutes left in the game, I got an Amber Alert text pertaining to Green.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bill Self trying the "just another game to us" spin.

Wichita State perspective.
“There’s so much to be said about this rivalry with Kansas,” VanVleet said, “but really, it’s all about the fans. What better story is there for Wichita State?”

The Shockers have tried for years to schedule a game against Kansas, but the dominant school in the Sunflower State has always refused, arguing it would have nothing to gain from it.

After the beating they got Sunday, it’s no wonder the Jayhawks never want anything to do with Wichita State.

Tekele Cotton scored 19 points for the seventh-seeded Shockers (30-4), and VanVleet finished with 17. Evan Wessel hit four 3-pointers and scored 12, helping his team advance to Cleveland for a Midwest Regional semifinal against third-seeded Notre Dame.

“We don’t have McDonald’s All-Americans, we don’t have guys that have been in the spotlight, and been given that pedestal,” VanVleet said. “We work for everything we’ve got, from managers to coaches to our preacher to, you know, whoever. We’ve scrapped and fought our whole lives.”
Self doubles down on the arrogance.
We’d been playing anybody else, it would have meant the same, advancing to the Sweet 16,” Kansas coach Bill Self said. “It just so happens we played an in-state team to go where we wanted to go, and they were much better than us.”
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:Bill Self trying the "just another game to us" spin.
Seems to be working on some Kansas fans. In the Bill Self thread over at Phog a poster called it, "a loss in some random tournament" when trying to explain why the regular season was so much more important in the evaluation of Self's coaching job this year.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Is there anyone that filled out a bracket that didn't have Wichita State beating Kansas?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Is there anyone that filled out a bracket that didn't have Wichita State beating Kansas?
Not me.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

wichita.jpg
wichita.jpg (59.45 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

The ol "nothing to gain" argument has made arrogant KU fans feel good about themselves for 20-plus years now. Pretty soon KU will HAVE to schedule WSU just so they can hope to beat them to reclaim current superiority in the state.

I also had WSU in every bracket, probably the easiest 2nd round pick out of the bunch...it was an insta-pick.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:Is there anyone that filled out a bracket that didn't have Wichita State beating Kansas?
Believe it or not the guy who is in 1st place on Yahoo's Pick em had Kansas beating Wichita
gumby

Post by gumby »

{slinks from room, awaits ban poll}
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Yeah, I have two brackets and I picked WSU in one and Kansas in the other.