Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Catintheheat

Re: Kansas

Post by Catintheheat »

This is Kansas' biggest loss to an unranked team since 78-79.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

In the panoply of embarrassing losses, Kansas actually gave up exactly as many points per possession to Temple as they did to Kentucky.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

salim'sheadband wrote:In the panoply of embarrassing losses, Kansas actually gave up exactly as many points per possession to Temple as they did to Kentucky.
But slightly more pride.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

salim'sheadband wrote:In the panoply of embarrassing losses, Kansas actually gave up exactly as many points per possession to Temple as they did to Kentucky.
But Temple would beat Arizona by 40
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This one reason why it's not just top teams that Kansas can't compete with.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Catintheheat wrote:This is Kansas' biggest loss to an unranked team since 78-79.
What about the TCU loss a couple of years ago? Or Bucknell?

So many too choose from! LOL.
salim'sheadband

wyo-cat wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:This is Kansas' biggest loss to an unranked team since 78-79.
What about the TCU loss a couple of years ago? Or Bucknell?

So many too choose from! LOL.
Yeah I mean you really can't go wrong: They lose inexplicable games in the NCAA tournament (Stanford, et al.) They blow almost impossible-to-blow leads to good teams (Michigan in 2013 - 99% win probability). They lose to horrific teams during the regular season (TCU). And then they just get blown the fuck out (tonight).

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

What cracks me up about this Kansas loss to Temple, and sorry haven't read thru the recent post's yet, is the atmosphere was no where near as intense or difficult as our win at UTEP. Not even close to what we faced there.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CBCat wrote:What cracks me up about this Kansas loss to Temple, and sorry haven't read thru the recent post's yet, is the atmosphere was no where near as intense or difficult as our win at UTEP. Not even close to what we faced there.
That was my first thought when I turned on the game near the end of the first half. Temple fans were pretty quiet for having such a huge lead. Though the Kansas players looked so bored I think just about anyone would've beaten them tonight. Self should probably stop scheduling games this close to Christmas.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Enfuego chest pumping on this site = kiss of death.

You just can't make this shit up. Hilarious.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

wait...have to catch my breath. kansas got blown out by temple?

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... &id=101656

Worst article ever. I usually give sports writers the benefit of the doubt but wow. Do you think if Arizona loses tonight that a national writer would create a horrendous excuse like this?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I woke up in a crap mood...then saw this thread and it has set my day right
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Frybry02 wrote:http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... &id=101656

Worst article ever. I usually give sports writers the benefit of the doubt but wow. Do you think if Arizona loses tonight that a national writer would create a horrendous excuse like this?
Brennon (and some others) isn't good for meaningful analyses. He's right to consider the importance of what Self observed about being a step behind all night. In college basketball (as opposed to an 82-game season filled with back-to-backs), that's a disturbing sign. The worst part of the article besides the "let's give Kansas a pass" (?) take is missing the fact that Temple didn't exactly light it up from 3-point territory. Their high shooting percentage came from within the arc, which is squarely on Kansas's defense.
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/dec/ ... basketball

Well, now we know why fuegs hasn't shown up here yet, he was at the game.
The only thing interesting that happened the rest of the way is a brave KU fan stood and screamed repeatedly “we’re not overrated” as the Temple fans indeed broke into the “overrated chorus” with about seven minutes left.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

We need a major upgrade at the 2g (Selden needs to go) and at least 2 bigs in the 2015 class. Softest team Self has put together outside of Mason who is a pit bull and the freshmen get a pass.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:We need a major upgrade at the 2g (Selden needs to go) and at least 2 bigs in the 2015 class. Softest team Self has put together outside of Mason who is a pit bull and the freshmen get a pass.
Didn't you just call this Kansas team "underrated"??? Now it's the "softest"???

:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

enfuego wrote:We need a major upgrade at the 2g (Selden needs to go) and at least 2 bigs in the 2015 class. Softest team Self has put together outside of Mason who is a pit bull and the freshmen get a pass.
I really do respect that for as gawddamned awful as your takes often are you are always here afterwards to take your beating. Sincerely.

That said, this is all you have to say? We don't get any gold like, Temple would win the PAC 12 by 3 games? Arizona won't play anyone as good as Temple all season?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Considering who wrote the article, I highly doubt it.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

I would love to play Kansas in the second round. That would be a great path to the Sweet 16.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Bosy Billups wrote:I would love to play Kansas in the second round. That would be a great path to the Sweet 16.
First round would be better. Nothing better than an easy first round game to rest your legs for thenext game.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Careful what you wish for
cats101

Post by cats101 »

You're right, can't see Kansas being a 16 seed
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is this code for Kansas suck donkey balls?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

If Temple played like that all season in the Pac-12, they'd win it going away. :P
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
salim'sheadband

Outside of the obvious hyperbole we all use when discussing Kansas, Stevie Wonder could see that team has major problems.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I lol'd when he mentioned Gtown at the Verizon Center as a hostile NBA arena or whatever the hell he tried to give Kansas props for there.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

enfuego wrote:If Temple played like that all season in the Pac-12, they'd win it going away. :P
There it is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:If Temple played like that all season in the Pac-12, they'd win it going away. :P
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

new ku fight song:

good luck against kent state next week. they almost beat UTEP last night. at least it'll be a home game @afh.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

salim'sheadband wrote:Let's see, we have to go back to...

(looking, looking)

2010 to the last time U of A lost by more than 25 in a game! That was Sean Miller's first year. And it was mostly to a guy who was the consensus national player of the year next year.

So who on Temple is winning national player of the year next year?
Was that Jimmer?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Well now you are just patronizing us!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

And that's two 25 pt. beatdowns this year.

Somebody was asking when was our last 25+ point loss. Was it the North Carolina game a few years ago?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EastCoastCat wrote:And that's two 25 pt. beatdowns this year.

Somebody was asking when was our last 25+ point loss. Was it the North Carolina game a few years ago?
You don't know how to post in an enfuego thread, do you?

(That North Carolina game was nine years ago. But the specifics of our ancient losses aren't necessary for this thread's focus on Kansas's fresh losses.)
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Bump :lol:
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Merry Christmas!

NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

And Happy New Year. 1997, that was the "Best KU Team Ever" right? The team that Arizona figuratively punched in the mouth and took their lunch money? And by "took their lunch money" I mean took the Championship trophy that some said belonged to KU

That still must hurt a ton.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

85 - 82 ring a bell fuegs?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

UAEebs86 wrote:85 - 82 ring a bell fuegs?
Re-watched the game yesterday on the PAC12 network. Arizona got away with murder and Kansas got called for invisible fouls. Amazing amount of talent on the court and bench in those games too. Bramlette and Bibby piss me off.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

And there it is folks. Another excuse for the Kansas loss that burns him the most. He's got one for every time they lose. It's never that the better team won that day.

enfuego doesn't believe in the most simple concept in sports: Scoreboard

He got it from Roy Williams, who right after the Arizona game in 1997 said Kansas was still the best team.

85 - 82 SCOREBOARD

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

enfuego wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:85 - 82 ring a bell fuegs?
Re-watched the game yesterday on the PAC12 network. Arizona got away with murder and Kansas got called for invisible fouls. Amazing amount of talent on the court and bench in those games too. Bramlette and Bibby piss me off.
You will always be famous Enfuego, for your reaction to last years Stanford loss:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/53 ... rmat=1000w
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Roy Williams is a bitch.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

That's how you beat UNLV.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:That's how you beat UNLV.
Play them at home?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:That's how you beat UNLV.
Remind us how to lose to Temple.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

13-1 az top 10 in the nation
11-2 ku not top ten in the nation
cats101

Post by cats101 »

UNLV would win the Big XII by 3 games
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Arizona lost to UNLV by 4 ...

but ASU beat UNLV by 22 and Arizona beat ASU by 24 for a net win of 42 compared to Kansas's win by 15 ...

which means Arizona would beat Kansas by 27.

Wow, I wrote that just to make fun of enfuego's method of arguing, but in the end, that sounds about right for the team that lost to Kentucky by 32 and Temple by 25. I should listen to enfuego more often.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

My wife made me flip between the Lions Cowboys game yesterday to watch her Rebels. I kept telling her they were going to lose by 30 but we could watch it if she insisted.

UNLV up 4 at halftime & they only thing I could think of is - boy enfuego must be white knuckling like crazy that his team finds a way to play to their level in the second half. Congrats buddy - big win!
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:My wife made me flip between the Lions Cowboys game yesterday to watch her Rebels. I kept telling her they were going to lose by 30 but we could watch it if she insisted.

UNLV up 4 at halftime & they only thing I could think of is - boy enfuego must be white knuckling like crazy that his team finds a way to play to their level in the second half. Congrats buddy - big win!
Thanks, buddy. A good win by my under rated Jayhawks. Clearly, UNLV would win the Pac-12 conference.