Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

1stNGrant Frys

Re: Kansas

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

enfuego wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:My wife made me flip between the Lions Cowboys game yesterday to watch her Rebels. I kept telling her they were going to lose by 30 but we could watch it if she insisted.

UNLV up 4 at halftime & they only thing I could think of is - boy enfuego must be white knuckling like crazy that his team finds a way to play to their level in the second half. Congrats buddy - big win!
Thanks, buddy. A good win by my under rated Jayhawks. Clearly, UNLV would win the Pac-12 conference.
Enfuego for mod of Arch Rivals!
az91

Post by az91 »

enfuego wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:My wife made me flip between the Lions Cowboys game yesterday to watch her Rebels. I kept telling her they were going to lose by 30 but we could watch it if she insisted.

UNLV up 4 at halftime & they only thing I could think of is - boy enfuego must be white knuckling like crazy that his team finds a way to play to their level in the second half. Congrats buddy - big win!
Thanks, buddy. A good win by my under rated Jayhawks. Clearly, UNLV would win the Pac-12 conference.
That was the greatest win in the history of Kansas basketball.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

18 points in the 1st half vs Baylor

Kansas is an offensive juggernaut
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

At this point of the game, 4 of the 5 KU starters are 1/5 or worse LOL
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Conference road win against a top 25 team.

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

enfuego wrote:Conference road win against a top 25 team.

Scoreboard over what? You still get blown out regularly.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is that a Top 25 team in next week's polls?

Speaking of scoreboards, the one at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly on Dec. 22nd sure looked pretty. Unless you are a Jayhawks fan of course.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Go get Tyler Dorsey Kansas! Counting on you.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

So...

Utah loses to KU, at KU, by 3 all while missing a key starter...

Utah loses by 18 to Arizona with said starter back in their lineup...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

lol @ Self totally throwing his PG under the bus before quickly backtracking at the half interview... paraphrasing "We'll be ok if our point guard runs what we tell him..."
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

let's go cyclones!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAdevil wrote:So...

Utah loses to KU, at KU, by 3 all while missing a key starter...

Utah loses by 18 to Arizona with said starter back in their lineup...

enflamo will be in shortly to tell you it was a "neutral" court in Kansas City.

Does this mean Arizona would win the Big 12 fuegs?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing for sure, the Mayor has shown he is the best coach in that conference.

Amazing how the players have tuned Self out. They no longer go to KU because he is coach and they believe he can make them better(thus why they are tuning him out).

They don't run his sets (see his first half comments) and they have stopped playing defense, once a Self coached team trademark (see blowout losses)
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Temple lost by 31 to a mediocre Cincinnati team today
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Kansas losing is the cherry on top of an already great night.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Heh
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Iowa State would win the Pac-12. No shame in losing a close game on the road to the #11 team in the country. Who is your next top 25 opponent?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Fail
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:Iowa State would win the Pac-12. No shame in losing a close game on the road to the #11 team in the country. Who is your next top 25 opponent?
Speaking of rankings, Arizona is now in that magic window that every national champion since 2003 except UConn has had at season's end: top 20 in both AdjD and AdjO. Having passed mid-January, we now know who the real contenders are to date. How is Kansas doing on that? Or should we focus this discussion on the meaning and implications of Kenpom's SOS?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:Iowa State would win the Pac-12. No shame in losing a close game on the road to the #11 team in the country. Who is your next top 25 opponent?
Enjoy trying to survive that 5/12 matchup in the tourney.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

KU is terrible. No resolve, won't play defense, has tuned out its coach. No PG to run there sets that there coach begs for. A shell of a program it once was. Sad really
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Only enfuego would brag about losing.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azcat49 wrote:KU is terrible. No resolve, won't play defense, has tuned out its coach. No PG to run there sets that there coach begs for. A shell of a program it once was. Sad really
Maybe I'm forgetting how to post in an enfuego thread, but Kansas has a really strong AdjD rating, hasn't tuned out Self, and has had no break from being a top program and is currently one of the best teams in the country.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
azcat49 wrote:KU is terrible. No resolve, won't play defense, has tuned out its coach. No PG to run there sets that there coach begs for. A shell of a program it once was. Sad really
Maybe I'm forgetting how to post in an enfuego thread, but Kansas has a really strong AdjD rating, hasn't tuned out Self, and has had no break from being a top program and is currently one of the best teams in the country.
40th in AdjD is "really strong"?

Iowa State is ranked even lower than KU. And yet somehow they held the Fighting Self Hairpieces to 42.7% shooting.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Respectfully disagree LH. They continually give up penetration and close poorly on shooters. When they play talrnted teams they struggle percentage wise.

Self said his PG wasn't listening and was basically running what he wanted, not what the staff wanted. It just seems to me those kids are made up of a few elite 1 and dones and some middle tier guys. It used to be Self had NBA guys sitting on the bench.

KU is still elite as a program and as a fan base but somethins isn't right in Jayhawk land and it hasn't been for the last 3-4 years. To me, Self just doesn't look as in control or commanding.
az91

Post by az91 »

Kansas is still trying to recover from losing the best player in the history of their program: Naadir Tharpe.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Longhorned wrote:
Pretty sure LH is doing his best Iraqi Information Minister impression, guys. Not serious.

I still think that, as a team, Arizona would destroy the rest of the Pac-12 and handle KU this season even at the Phog.

As a team, Arizona is one of the top three in the land. Trouble is that the Cats so seldom play as one, they've eliminated much of their margin of error for a 1 seed in the West.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Iowa State is ranked even lower than KU. And yet somehow they held the Fighting Self Hairpieces to 42.7% shooting.
Out of 351 NCAA Division 1 teams? Yes. I call top-50 teams really strong. Top-100 teams are just strong. I keep the same qualifiers for AdjO and AdjD ratings.

Teams in the top 20 in both categories I call "elite". There are only four of those. Arizona is one of them. Kansas isn't.

And while Kansas can hold their own and beat a team like Utah by 3 points, they're in danger of getting blown out by teams that aren't remotely strong. Which reminds me: TCU is coming up on that schedule. Enfuego should worry about, not when then next top-25 team is on the calendar.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Out of 351 NCAA Division 1 teams? Yes. I call top-50 teams really strong. Top-100 teams are just strong. I keep the same qualifiers for AdjO and AdjD ratings.

Teams in the top 20 in both categories I call "elite". There are only four of those. Arizona is one of them. Kansas isn't.

And while Kansas can hold their own and beat a team like Utah by 3 points, they're in danger of getting blown out by teams that aren't remotely strong. Which reminds me: TCU is coming up on that schedule. Enfuego should worry about, not when then next top-25 team is on the calendar.
It is easy to put up good offense and defense stats against the 146th strongest schedule. Apples and oranges trying to compare Arizona's stats against Kansas's with the 11th strongest schedule.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Kansas iss the best program and has arguably the best talent in the conference, Just like AZ does. What Kansas has to do is show it wants to be the best team in that conference and in there biggest conference moment they didn't, unlike AZ
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

It is easy to put up good offense and defense stats against the 146th strongest schedule. Apples and oranges trying to compare Arizona's stats against Kansas's with the 11th strongest schedule.
Your smack would be stronger if you tried to brag about Kansas's #4 Kenpom ranking for "Luck", or even to claim that Kansas is the UConn of 2015 that might just be a contender despite all numbers to the contrary. How do you think Kenpom's algorithm works for the SOS? You think there are 145 teams that have played a stronger schedule than Arizona? And there are 135 teams between Arizona and Kansas? Ken Pomeroy is the first to say that RPI (which is a flawed measure) is more useful as a raw number than the Kenpom SOS removed from the algorithm. You'll notice that Kansas has an RPI of 3, and Arizona has an RPI of 6. What a shameful RPI for Arizona, right? The Kenpom SOS takes the opponents' AdjO and AdjD as estimates against the average D1 team. If you can show us any literature about the meaningfulness or predictability of that number, please go right ahead. Instead, it's the Pythagorean that provides the total ranked ratings (yes, that's an actual compound term for Kenpom's data set), and the AdjO and AdjD that show the meaningful pattern for expected contenders (except for UConn 2014).
Katzenfreund

Kansas Big Man's Career Threatened by Donuts

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

enfuego wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Interesting, according to BPI

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi

Kentucky is #1, with a SOS of 85
Arizona is #6, with a SOS of 55 (hint: that's better than 85, the team that smoked Kansas)
Kansas is #9, with a SOS of 1

Another interesting observation, Arizona's SOS is stronger than every team ahead: Kentucky, Virginia, Gonzaga, Villanova, and Wiscy.

Maybe Self needs to stop making the schedule with ^^ ^^ toothless ^^ ^^ ^ colored glasses, and recognize his teams just aren't strong enough to handle SOS 1.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Kansas up by 19 at halftime vs Oklahoma.

Kansas is the real deal.

Anybody even bothering to watch the 2nd half?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

enfuego wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

Did you have tears in your eyes when they raised the OOC SOS National Title banner at Allen Fieldhouse this year?

Always such an emotional night at KU.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Alieberman wrote:Kansas up by 19 at halftime vs Oklahoma.

Kansas is the real deal.

No reason. Just like that Packers game.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Kansas is the real deal.

I am. Kansas got bored again.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:

Kansas is the real deal.

I was assured Kansas knew how to put teams away.
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:

Kansas is the real deal.

Kansas is under-rated. Beating #19 Oklahoma by 19 at half. Kansas is ready for the final 4.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

did kansas lose?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CBCat wrote:did kansas lose?

No, they just won. Oklahoma did come all the way back and at 1 point was up by 4 but Kansas pulled it out in the last 2 minutes.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Alieberman wrote:

No, they just won. Oklahoma did come all the way back and at 1 point was up by 4 but Kansas pulled it out in the last 2 minutes.
Damn, I hat when that happens (KU wins) ;-)....Then again, I'm no big fan of the Okies either.....still would have preferred them beating KU at KU though.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:

Turned it around suddenly on one no-call over-the-back offensive rebound of a missed FT, resulting in an open 3. We confirmed that teams are never out of it when playing behind against Kansas, and we learned two new things:

1) Oklahoma would win the PAC-12

2) Kansas would foul out in the PAC-12
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So count this as a loss - home cooking.

#enfuegologic
-JB
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Longhorned wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

Turned it around suddenly on one no-call over-the-back offensive rebound of a missed FT, resulting in an open 3. We confirmed that teams are never out of it when playing behind against Kansas, and we learned two new things:

1) Oklahoma would win the PAC-12

2) Kansas would foul out in the PAC-12
lmao
gumby

Post by gumby »

Cliff Alexander, top power forward recruit. He's giving them 8 points and 6 boards a game.

He'd get 4 and 3 at Arizona.

#enfuegologic
Right where I want to be.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oregon State would win the Big12.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

#17 kenpom. Just for laughs, Oklahoma is #10.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

It's hard to gauge where Kansas is comparative to Arizona this far into the season, from the simple fact that outside of Gonzaga (which should have won that game but for the two bad end of regulation calls against them, which handed Arizona the overtime opportunity) you have not played an NCAA tournament caliber team. Of course, Arizona would look good playing against potential NIT, at best, teams and of course, Kansas is going to look vulnerable playing top 25 teams night in and night out in the gauntlet which is the Big 12.

I guess we could point to the Utah game, but we could also point to the Oregon State or UNLV games as well. And really, do we want to look into that mirror?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:It's hard to gauge where Kansas is comparative to Arizona this far into the season, from the simple fact that outside of Gonzaga (which should have won that game but for the two bad end of regulation calls against them, which handed Arizona the overtime opportunity) you have not played an NCAA tournament caliber team. Of course, Arizona would look good playing against potential NIT, at best, teams and of course, Kansas is going to look vulnerable playing top 25 teams night in and night out in the gauntlet which is the Big 12.

I guess we could point to the Utah game, but we could also point to the Oregon State or UNLV games as well. And really, do we want to look into that mirror?
On the other hand, it's very easy to see where Kansas is against NCAA tourney-calibre teams. Since the best team that Kansas has played after Kentucky is Utah (unless it's Iowa State, which Kansas lost to), and Arizona hasn't played any NCAA tourney-calibre teams except for Gonzaga, then that 32 point loss will have to serve as the gauge. After all, you just set the rules, enfuego.
Last edited by Longhorned on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.