Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

U.P. Zona Fan

Re: Kansas

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Hey Fuegs, Where's Indiana gonna finish?
Besides 4th in the state of Indiana.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I like this Kansas team. They are a gritty bunch and they never give up. They're a little offensive challenged but tough as nails
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

84Cat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:28 pm I like this Kansas team.
Don't make me start a ban poll 84. :lol:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

That's on me. Should've kept my mouth shut. :roll:
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Technical Loss
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Purdue would have stomped all over Self’s wig tonight.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:04 pm Technical Loss
Actually a solid win on the road against a young but talented team.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:39 pm Purdue would have stomped all over Self’s wig tonight.
Doubtful. We have a completely different style offense and new players who all need to learn how to play together. By tournament time we'll be unbeatable.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:28 am
Chicat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:39 pm Purdue would have stomped all over Self’s wig tonight.
Doubtful.
:lol:
So you admit his hairpiece is stupid.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Wig and assless chaps??

Checks out.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:28 am
we'll be unbeatable.
Flaccid is the new chalk.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

It seemed like after Kansas' last championship enflamo had chilled out a bit. Nice to see he's back to being the douchebag he's always been.
-JB
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Dude, Indiana was wiping poop off their shoes with it for 30 min the other day.
-Norlander.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I may have related this somewhere way earlier in this thread.

But, when Kansas last played at McKale (2008), there was a young couple who were KU fans who sat just in front of us. The normal season ticket holder for those seats sometimes liked to cash-in on StubHub. Now I'll certainly complain about officiating. I played in HS, I've done a little bit of reffing, and I've seen a few hoops games over the last 50 years or so. But, unless it's egregious (either way) in the first half, I'll usually just grunt and try to see if there's a pattern from one ref, if it was a one-off, and if there's some reasonable consistency. After a player or two picks up a couple of fouls, and the refs discuss at halftime and maybe decide to "tighten it up" in the second half, or it's game-deciding, of course it's a bigger deal. But from the opening tip, the KU guy went apoplectic over ANY call on Kansas and EVERY time a KU player missed with an Arizona player within five feet of him. Arms in the air, turning around, mouth and eyes wide open. I've seen some very bad (even seriously raising suspicions about money changing hands) games, and some non-conference home games where we got too much benefit of the doubt and there were too many swallowed whistles. This wasn't that. It was very mundane and non-controversial. If graded, the refs would have gotten a B: Uninspired and a few mistakes, but adequate. I don't know what the guy would have done in a close game, but we won by about 20, and his wife eventually settled him down before they left early.

Anyway, I think a lot of their fans seem to live in a bubble, and we'll probably really find that out starting next year.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:38 pm I may have related this somewhere way earlier in this thread.

But, when Kansas last played at McKale (2008), there was a young couple who were KU fans who sat just in front of us. The normal season ticket holder for those seats sometimes liked to cash-in on StubHub. Now I'll certainly complain about officiating. I played in HS, I've done a little bit of reffing, and I've seen a few hoops games over the last 50 years or so. But, unless it's egregious (either way) in the first half, I'll usually just grunt and try to see if there's a pattern from one ref, if it was a one-off, and if there's some reasonable consistency. After a player or two picks up a couple of fouls, and the refs discuss at halftime and maybe decide to "tighten it up" in the second half, or it's game-deciding, of course it's a bigger deal. But from the opening tip, the KU guy went apoplectic over ANY call on Kansas and EVERY time a KU player missed with an Arizona player within five feet of him. Arms in the air, turning around, mouth and eyes wide open. I've seen some very bad (even seriously raising suspicions about money changing hands) games, and some non-conference home games where we got too much benefit of the doubt and there were too many swallowed whistles. This wasn't that. It was very mundane and non-controversial. If graded, the refs would have gotten a B: Uninspired and a few mistakes, but adequate. I don't know what the guy would have done in a close game, but we won by about 20, and his wife eventually settled him down before they left early.

Anyway, I think a lot of their fans seem to live in a bubble, and we'll probably really find that out starting next year.
The worst officiated college basketball game I have ever personally witnessed (and I swear money must have changed hands) was the Duke-Maryland semifinal game at the 2001 Final Four. The Duke-UA title game two days later was pretty bad, but nothing compared to what the zebras did to Maryland. They were calling fouls on the Maryland center when he wasn't any closer than 2 feet from the Duke player.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Kansas having a hard time putting away Yale
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Yale was ahead at the half. Already a technical loss.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Yale is going to be buried in the 2h and lose by 30. (going for the reverse jinx)
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

It didn't break my original jinx. Sorry, my bad.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Fishclamps wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:53 pm It didn't break my original jinx. Sorry, my bad.
It's hard to hold back isn't it. BTW, thanks for streaming the Bama game. It stressed the fuck out of me but I'm always grateful.

~ Wilhoit's Law
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Does this thread get renamed=> "Kansas Basketball In Trouble"?

Asking for a "friend".
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:52 pm
The worst officiated college basketball game I have ever personally witnessed (and I swear money must have changed hands) was the Duke-Maryland semifinal game at the 2001 Final Four. The Duke-UA title game two days later was pretty bad, but nothing compared to what the zebras did to Maryland. They were calling fouls on the Maryland center when he wasn't any closer than 2 feet from the Duke player.
https://www.espn.com/ncb/ncaatourney01/ ... 66442.html

Monday, April 2

Many wonder if refs like Blue Devils
Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS – Basketball officials insist a foul is a foul, whether it happens in some start-of-season game or in the NCAA Tournament.
There was a buzz around the Final Four, though, that if the foul involves Duke, the Blue Devils will get the benefit of the call.
There were several moments in Duke's 82-72 victory over Arizona for the NCAA championship Monday night when fouls that seemed obvious weren't called, including one first-half collision between Jason Williams and Jason Gardner.
Williams had two personals at the time and a third would have been crucial. It turned into a no-call, though, leaving usually mild-mannered Arizona coach Lute Olson gesturing at the officials.
Olson was asked about the play after the game.
"There are going to be calls that are going to be made," he said, measuring his words. "I frankly thought Jason Williams fouled out twice with pushoffs and it didn't happen. The officiating didn't get us. Duke got us."
Gardner remembered the play and was asked if he thought Williams had committed a foul.
"I can't answer that," he said. "I'm not the referee. I wish it went our way but it didn't. You've just got to play."
Later there was some brutal body contact under the basket between Duke's Shane Battier and Loren Woods of Arizona and again there was no whistle from the officials.
Arizona's Gene Edgerson, who had four fouls in eight minutes, shrugged off the sequences.
"You don't worry about calls or no-calls," he said. "You just play. "Everybody's capable of making mistakes. I'm not here to say they made mistakes. You don't hear the whistle. You just keep playing."
Woods and Michael Wright also finished with four fouls for Arizona. Williams had four for Duke, which was whistled for 17 personals while Arizona was called for 20.
Maryland coach Gary Williams, whose team blew a 22-point lead against Duke in the semifinals, was also critical of some key calls in that game. He screamed when Lonny Baxter fouled out of the game but later refused to make an issue of it, saying, "I can't comment on the officiating."
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has heard the whispers about elite programs like his getting an edge and he doesn't like it.
"I think in any sport there's a tendency at times to blame something that shouldn't be blamed," he said on the eve of the final game.
"I think what we do, if we lose, we look at ourselves first and figure out what decisions we may have made, our game plan or whatever and then take responsibility."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:36 am Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has heard the whispers about elite programs like his getting an edge and he doesn't like it.
"I think in any sport there's a tendency at times to blame something that shouldn't be blamed," he said on the eve of the final game.
"I think what we do, if we lose, we look at ourselves first and figure out what decisions we may have made, our game plan or whatever and then take responsibility."
Mick Cronin spits out his morning scotch
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:38 pm I may have related this somewhere way earlier in this thread.

I'm calling b/s.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

for you enflamo

-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

enfuego wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:14 am

I'm calling b/s.
Go drink until it feels like you said something clever.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Kansas will be lucky to make the tournament.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

enfuego wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:14 am

I'm calling b/s.
Could you please take up an NIL collection to get Self a new hairpiece???

He's starting to look like a Kansas prairie dog with a bad case of mange

IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Hunter Glass Jaw Dickinson

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Nothing like a 4 point swing for home cookin'

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

If you need a technical to win then it's a technical loss.

~ Wilhoit's Law
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

TCU just got freaking robbed there.

Nothing like playing 14008 on 5

Oops 16308
Last edited by U.P. Zona Fan on Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Norlander.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Definitely a technical loss.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

We're so gonna get robbed the same way next year.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Caleb from the free throw line!!!
-Norlander.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Nothing to see here
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:50 pm Nothing to see here
Shhhhhh......
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Down goes Kansas
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

USFs 1st home Big 12 game ever is a win vs Kansas

Remember that for a trivia contest
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Where's that guy, that flaming asshole guy who shows up every now and then? What's his name again?

~ Wilhoit's Law
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:46 pm Where's that guy, that flaming asshole guy who shows up every now and then? What's his name again?
El Flamo or some shit.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Kharma is a bugger!
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:46 pm Where's that guy, that flaming asshole guy who shows up every now and then? What's his name again?
dovecanyoncat?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:11 am
dovecanyoncat?
Me being an asshole? It's not like it's a theory. I was referring to something debatable. I thought we knew each other better than that Greg. ;)

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Anybody worried about Kansas as a 1 seed in our region, if it comes to that?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:11 am
dovecanyoncat?
And further, it hurts my feelings you used a question mark.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:57 am Anybody worried about Kansas as a 1 seed in our region, if it comes to that?
We are top-3 in NET. If anything, I’d worry about Kansas being our 2 seed.