Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

etank34

Cal

Post by etank34 »

Putting a beating on Cuse right now.
cats101

Re: Cal

Post by cats101 »

When the zone is on, it's on, when it's not, it's not. People call Miller stubborn, but I cant remember the last time Cuse ran anything other than a zone.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

Looks like Boeheim didn't luck into an elite freshmen point guard again this year.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

319,300,000 Americans. Not one of them predicted that Cal would go into MSG and put a beat down on Syracuse tonight.

Bay area is going the toughest road trip in the Pac-12 by the looks.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

KaibabKat wrote:319,300,000 Americans. Not one of them predicted that Cal would go into MSG and put a beat down on Syracuse tonight.

Bay area is going the toughest road trip in the Pac-12 by the looks.
I think the mountain trip is still the hardest, but that Cal game is going to be a tough one once again. Really nice win tonight.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Isn't Cal like this every year? They play one good one at the beginning of the season and then drop off.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Kal fans beating their chest. Note they get Texas without their star PG
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Terrible news from the Cal Basketball Program:

From CBS SF Bay Area affiliate:

"Gene Ransom, one of the greatest point guards in Cal basketball history and a member of the Golden Bears sports hall of fame, was the victim of a fatal freeway shooting on Interstate 880 in Oakland, a family member confirmed to KPIX on Saturday."

"Ransom was an East Bay hoops legend while at Berkeley High School and went on to star at Cal in the late 1970s."

"Standing 5-feet-9, Ransom averaged 14.8 points per game and dished off 356 assists during his three-year playing career at Cal. In his most memorable college performance, Ransom played 63.5 minutes and scored a career high 36 points in the Golden Bears’ 107-102 five-overtime victory over Oregon on Feb. 10, 1977."

"Harris said that, in the last 20 years, he and Ransom had been coaching basketball and working with kids to get them away from gun violence."

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2022/ ... -shooting/
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Well these two days just keep getting better and better.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Road rage is an extremely good reason not to have a gun in your glovebox.

A 5 second mistake could put you in prison for at least 25 years.

Even when I was a gun owner, the only time I ever had a gun near me was when I was going to a shooting range.