Colorado...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KaibabKat

Colorado...

Post by KaibabKat »

...went up to Laramie and the Cowboys were only able to score 56 points - but that was good enough to beat the Buffs by 23.

Yep 56-33 final. The Mighty Boyles didn't quite get to double digits in the second half. Must be the altitude.
gumby

Re: Colorado...

Post by gumby »

Probably not a fast start either.
Right where I want to be.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Screw the bluffs. I tried to tell them that Ski was no PG and they called me a troll.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Cream of the crop
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Queue the Ewok.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

There's nothing borderline about that...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azcat34 wrote:
I smell an apology coming soon with assurances that it won't actually be like that, although I've heard Boulder is beautiful in the summer.

What a dumbass. It's not like people don't think like that, but what kind of moron says that?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

A moron who truly thinks he's better than he actually is.

That Pac-12 tournament title may have been the worst thing to ever happen to Tad Boyle.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

He's so mad he could fight someone
Zero

Post by Zero »

I love how our players just stay to get better and only take a short trip home some not even that. Lucky to have Miller.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He's going all Dan Hawkins-what is it, the altitude in Boulder?

It's Division 1 Basketball! It's the PAC-12!

Go play intramurals brother. Go play intramurals.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

We can add this to the Whining Tad Boyle meme...
Couldn't agree more.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

As a fan of the opposing team, watching Boyle on the Rado sidelines gives me so much joy.

And next up we have a grown adult whom still goes by "Bobby"
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:We can add this to the Whining Tad Boyle meme...
I see nothing wrong with this.

McKale is one of college basketball's legendary arenas.

'Rado just jelly.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Chicat wrote:We can add this to the Whining Tad Boyle meme...
I see nothing wrong with this.
It states unequivocally that the refs are unduly influenced by the crowd and absolves his team of suffering from the same affliction. It's a huge stretch to say both things are true.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I totally agree, re: what Tad is implying.

But there are some arenas that are just special because of the fans that pack them. Mckale, Dean Dome, Cameron Indoor, The Phog, Eddie Smith Center. All these arenas and their fans have a way of influencing/changing up a game when there standing, cheering, and in sync. Sometimes it can be loud enough to cause a ref to be distracted and miss a call or call one in your favor.

I don't think it's "cheating" as Tad would, but one of the idiosyncrasies that I love about college ball.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

He also added that our coach helps get some of the calls too. The problem I have is that he implied that was the reason for the free throw discrepancy which is totally untrue.

I think crying Tad suffers from denial. A perfect example was the T he received where he was screaming "what did I do?" Then you see the replay and watch him slam his fist on the table.

Let's face it - most teams receive home cooking from the refs. That's why road victories against good teams are so tough to get and receive major consideration from the Tourney committee.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

Whining Tad would have a point if he didn't whine about EVERY call against his team even when it is the correct call.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EastCoastCat wrote:
Let's face it - most teams receive home cooking from the refs.
ASU not included in that larger category. There, Hurley gets no respect, gets ejected when he throws his tantrum, and then poops.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

EastCoastCat wrote:He also added that our coach helps get some of the calls too. The problem I have is that he implied that was the reason for the free throw discrepancy which is totally untrue.

I think crying Tad suffers from denial. A perfect example was the T he received where he was screaming "what did I do?" Then you see the replay and watch him slam his fist on the table.

Let's face it - most teams receive home cooking from the refs. That's why road victories against good teams are so tough to get and receive major consideration from the Tourney committee.
And Tad had a right to be upset. The cats did get a lot of "home calls" last night.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sure, be upset. But shut the fuck up about it. No one cares.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Love to see his tears. We have earned our home cooking. Good for us. Love that he is 0-3 and they have the LA schools this week. At best he will be 1-4 and fighting the rest of the way just to be on the bubble
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

bump
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

So Colorado can suck it but, I hope they hold out to beat ucla
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:So Colorado can suck it but, I hope they hold out to beat ucla
Yeah, me too. Hate Tad ‘Crybaby’ Boyle BUT a loss by UCLA at home is good AND as long as he gets just enough success to linger/fester on at Rado is fine with me. I still hope CSM pulls an Enfield and calls a TO at 21 seconds left....Hate, hate, hate Boyle...such a whiner.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Looks like the New Mexico clock operator has moved to Pauley.
Bangkok Wildcat

KaibabKat wrote:Looks like the New Mexico clock operator has moved to Pauley.
No kidding....can you imagine if the game was closer and if they had lost? Boyle would have had a stroke! Lol.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Looks like Xavier Johnson 2.0

-JB
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Yeah they are asu lite. Followed by Utah then Ucla. After that it's a jumble.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Looks like Xavier Johnson 2.0
-_-
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Cream of the crap
-JB
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I mean sometime that phrase “I feel like we are the better team” is gonna get old.

When life come at you fast.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

since that 2011-2012 season where colorado went 2-1 against us and won the pac 12 tournament and they declared us their #1 rival and that they were the new power in the conference...we are 12-3 against them with 5 straight wins against them in the tournament and an average game score of 78-67.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

They say they're the better team. We say:

Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:They say they're the better team. We say:

:lol:

This never gets old fuck Colorado
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I'm sure old Tad tried to use the bogus ESPN story to shit on our program to steer BW away. We all remember what he said postgame after our loss to CU.

Glad he can go back to his towel and cry some more. What a POS.
Bangkok Wildcat

EastCoastCat wrote:I'm sure old Tad tried to use the bogus ESPN story to shit on our program to steer BW away. We all remember what he said postgame after our loss to CU.

Glad he can go back to his towel and cry some more. What a POS.
Agreed EastCoastCat....Tad really comes off as a whiny lil bit*h imo.....and the Rado fans, in general don’t show much class either.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

It's even more satisfying knowing that Brandon Williams visited ASU and Colorado was also in the mix....but still chose Arizona.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

catgrad97 wrote:A moron who truly thinks he's better than he actually is.

That Pac-12 tournament title may have been the worst thing to ever happen to Tad Boyle.
So what's the sense on Tad Boyle with the Buffs now missing their 3rd straight NCAA tournament?

Does 20 wins guarantee his job regardless of whether Colorado is in the tournament or not?

21-12 this past season. 1-4 in 4 tournament appearances, all 4 of which during the first 5 years of his 8 seasons thus far.

edit: 9 seasons with the Buffs (forgot about the first when Colorado was in the B12).
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:A moron who truly thinks he's better than he actually is.

So what's the sense on Tad Boyle with the Buffs now missing their 3rd straight NCAA tournament?

Does 20 wins guarantee his job regardless of whether Colorado is in the tournament or not?

21-12 this past season. 1-4 in 4 tournament appearances, all 4 of which during the first 5 years of his 8 seasons thus far.

edit: 9 seasons with the Buffs (forgot about the first when Colorado was in the B12).
I could give two shits about Boyle and Colorado. He's got a middling program that makes the NCAA tournament once every 4-5 years. Congratulations!!!! He talks shit as if CU is Arizona's rival. Whatever. If that helps him stay relevant and keep his job in Boulder, so be it. I was at the CU-UA game in Boulder this year. They still have wallpaper of their 2012 Conference Tournament victory. That's it. That's their high water mark.

For me, watching Xavier Johnson get met at the rim by freshman Aaron Gordon who blocked his dunk sums up the Arizona-Colorado "rivalry."
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Cream of the crap
-JB
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

zonagrad wrote:
I could give two shits about Boyle and Colorado. He's got a middling program that makes the NCAA tournament once every 4-5 years. Congratulations!!!! He talks shit as if CU is Arizona's rival. Whatever. If that helps him stay relevant and keep his job in Boulder, so be it. I was at the CU-UA game in Boulder this year. They still have wallpaper of their 2012 Conference Tournament victory. That's it. That's their high water mark.

For me, watching Xavier Johnson get met at the rim by freshman Aaron Gordon who blocked his dunk sums up the Arizona-Colorado "rivalry."
Aside from the Tad's DBaggery, is that what we as Pac 12/Arizona fans are right to see with Boyle and Colorado - that all is good in Boulder as long as they bring home 20 wins/yr? And the same for ole Larry up in Salt Lake?!?! Two mountain programs content to fiddling & middling?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

Aside from the Tad's DBaggery, is that what we as Pac 12/Arizona fans are right to see with Boyle and Colorado - that all is good in Boulder as long as they bring home 20 wins/yr? And the same for ole Larry up in Salt Lake?!?! Two mountain programs content to fiddling & middling?
I questioned some CU people in Boulder this year. I gather that Utah fans are growing more impatient than CU fans just based on their fan base and history. Krystowiak hasn't made the NCAAs since 2016, same for Boyle at CU. My guess is their seats may warm up a bit this upcoming season. CU has most of their team coming back next year.

Both teams need to win some games in November & December for the good of the conference.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

From the few CU alum I know... there is not a lot of emotional investment in basketball. To a man(and woman) they are all football focused. Basketball is just a nice to have kind of thing.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

baycat93 wrote:From the few CU alum I know... there is not a lot of emotional investment in basketball. To a man(and woman) they are all football focused. Basketball is just a nice to have kind of thing.
They are pretty proud of their ski team though. Justifiably so.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

A sign of things to come.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

KJ Simpson to Colorado
azgreg

Post by azgreg »