Josh Jackson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Josh Jackson

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Forget it...

This guy is the tits...I want him at Arizona and will be sad if he goes else.

He looks to have potential Jordan = UNC, branding. I want that for Arizona.
Agree completely but I doubt we get him. Its been some time since there was any indication that we are at the top of his list. We have a shot at Ferguson, although not getting an immediate commitment during/after his visit doesn't bode well with this type of kid.......he may very well commit to the school he visits last.
I don't know how you could listen to the interview with Ferguson tonight and not feel like we're in a good place with him.
You still think we're in a good place for Ferguson????
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Forget it...

This guy is the tits...I want him at Arizona and will be sad if he goes else.

He looks to have potential Jordan = UNC, branding. I want that for Arizona.
Agree completely but I doubt we get him. Its been some time since there was any indication that we are at the top of his list. We have a shot at Ferguson, although not getting an immediate commitment during/after his visit doesn't bode well with this type of kid.......he may very well commit to the school he visits last.
I don't know how you could listen to the interview with Ferguson tonight and not feel like we're in a good place with him.
You still think we're in a good place for Ferguson????
Honestly? I think if people are freaking out over a guy who is only 81% Arizona on the crystal ball, it's hard to speak a lot of reason. It's recruiting.

Plan B is to demand 97Cats make reassuring posts every 20 minutes or I lock myself in a dark room and blast emo records.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/izzo-a-ufc- ... ate-kansas" target="_blank
You’re on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and you can only save one of the three head coaches on your list; who’s getting pulled in?

Josh Jackson: (Laughs) Oh man! That’s tough man… You know what, I’m probably gonna have to go ahead and put Sean Miller on the lifeboat. Sean’s my guy and, out of the three coaches, I’ve probably got the best relationship with him. He coached me with U19 USA Basketball and I think just having that experience with him is why. I can’t really say I have as close a relationship with the other two coaches, but I’m pretty sure they’re great people. For me, having this close relationship with Sean Miller; he would have to be the one to get saved.”
Main Event wrote:
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
az91

Post by az91 »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:So is it time to let "JJ to AZ" settle into the "what could've been" folder? Or are the KU rumors exaggerated?
Definitely time to close the garage door and start the engine.

Are these actual questions (like someone knows but won't tell you?) or are you just whining?
The truth is out there . . . and it will be found in the midst of this nerd orgy we call a message board.

Seriously, if I knew the answers to all of BC's questions I'd run my own premium board and be charging $15 a month to dole out the answers.
LOL, that is the truth!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

NYCat wrote:http://usatodayhss.com/2016/izzo-a-ufc- ... ate-kansas
You’re on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and you can only save one of the three head coaches on your list; who’s getting pulled in?

Josh Jackson: (Laughs) Oh man! That’s tough man… You know what, I’m probably gonna have to go ahead and put Sean Miller on the lifeboat. Sean’s my guy and, out of the three coaches, I’ve probably got the best relationship with him. He coached me with U19 USA Basketball and I think just having that experience with him is why. I can’t really say I have as close a relationship with the other two coaches, but I’m pretty sure they’re great people. For me, having this close relationship with Sean Miller; he would have to be the one to get saved.”
Main Event wrote:
Anyone else think this comment from JJ gives a glimmer of hope?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No matter what his decision is, I appreciate all the props he gives CSM.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In my opinion, the recruit's comments consistently from the beginning have added up to Arizona. If he doesn't go to Arizona, I think it means that the recruit's comments don't reflect where he's going, which wouldn't be surprising.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Have never understood how he could not pick the coach that he knows what he will get as far as role and coaching.

Can only be endorsement driven it seems. Adidas vs Nike. Just sucks that recruiting at the highest level seems to have come down to that
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

dunno where shoe companies sit in his decision hierarchy, but msu is a nike school and if it was about adidas, i imagine JJ and his folks would've at least widened the aperture to include ucla
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

JJs AAU team/circuit is Under Armour, his HS is Adidas.

Anyway his comments look good for Arizona, but that's if he alone makes the decision of where he goes. We all know thats not always the case, between parent(s), a "camp" and other factors, the recruit doesn't always make the choice.

If JJ does want someone he can trust, why not the coach who you already played for and loved -- and didn't recruit you when he could've during USA Basketball.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/josh-jackso ... ion-monday" target="_blank

Josh Jackson set to announce college decision Monday
PORTLAND, Ore. –– Josh Jackson, the nation’s top uncommitted recruit, will announce his college commitment Monday at his house in his home state of Michigan, he told USA TODAY High School Sports on Friday.

“I’m committing Monday,” Jackson said after practice with Team USA in advance of Saturday’s Nike Hoop Summit. “It’ll be at my house. I wanted my family around and I’m just ready to do it.”
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Even if he chooses MSU or Kansas, I've enjoyed all this time we've had with him during the recruiting process, appreciated all the positive things he's said, and I'll continue to root for him always. He's a Wildcat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You can't spell Josh Jackson without A-r-i-z-o-n-a.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Unless he Andrew Wiggins' everyone, it's likely going to be KU.
Kansas guys are pretty confident JJ goes to KU,, national people think he goes KU. Think he goes KU, hopefully I'm surprised Monday.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

NYCat wrote:Unless he Andrew Wiggins' everyone, it's likely going to be KU.
Kansas guys are pretty confident JJ goes to KU,, national people think he goes KU. Think he goes KU, hopefully I'm surprised Monday.
The way to he whole thing almost went down last week makes it seem to me like it's Kansas. Hopefully I'll be happily surprised with a different outcome next week.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Sheer in with the reverse jinx!
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Well boys, it's looking like the glass is half empty this time. :(
az91

Post by az91 »

Not a huge surprise given reason talk. Our chances of landing him were probably over-hyped for a long time.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

It looked like Kansas for a while and early on. MSU was a favorite when they got Bridge's', Langford etc and that good class (JJ close friends) and they were favorites. Sean Miller coached the U19 USA Basketball team where JJ played under Miller, and then Arizona became the favorite. And now it's Kansas again.

Actually if you look at the 247 crystal ball predictions graph, they represent exactly that.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions" target="_blank
az91

Post by az91 »

NYCat wrote:It looked like Kansas for a while and early on. MSU was a favorite when they got Bridge's', Langford etc and that good class (JJ close friends) and they were favorites. Sean Miller coached the U19 USA Basketball team where JJ played under Miller, and then Arizona became the favorite. And now it's Kansas again.

Actually if you look at the 247 crystal ball predictions graph, they represent exactly that.

Miller's time at the U-19 seems to have had minimal impact on recruiting. With the amount of time it required, it may have actually detracted. I am glad he quit that gig.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

az91 wrote:
NYCat wrote:It looked like Kansas for a while and early on. MSU was a favorite when they got Bridge's', Langford etc and that good class (JJ close friends) and they were favorites. Sean Miller coached the U19 USA Basketball team where JJ played under Miller, and then Arizona became the favorite. And now it's Kansas again.

Miller's time at the U-19 seems to have had minimal impact on recruiting. With the amount of time it required, it may have actually detracted. I am glad he quit that gig.
I'm not really buying on that. Off the top of my head, Allonzo, AG and SJ were all U-19 players who Miller coached. Those are 3 pretty decent guys. You don't know if it was just the U-19, but pulling 3 big timers in the last three classes, I can't see it as that much of a negative.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Some off the wall questions, but one answer was interesting..(maybe the glass if half full after all??) 8-)

Jason Jordan, USA TODAY High School Sports 9:43 a.m. EDT April 8, 2016
USA TODAY High School Sports sat down with the top basketball recruit and asked him some pretty off-the-wall questions.

“Uh oh,” Jackson said with a laugh. “OK, let’s do it.”

1. You’re on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and you can only save one of the three head coaches on your list; who’s getting pulled in?

Josh Jackson: (Laughs) Oh man! That’s tough man… You know what, I’m probably gonna have to go ahead and put Sean Miller on the lifeboat. Sean’s my guy and, out of the three coaches, I’ve probably got the best relationship with him. He coached me with U19 USA Basketball and I think just having that experience with him is why. I can’t really say I have as close a relationship with the other two coaches, but I’m pretty sure they’re great people. For me, having this close relationship with Sean Miller; he would have to be the one to get saved.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /82786104/" target="_blank
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
az91 wrote:

I'm not really buying on that. Off the top of my head, Allonzo, AG and SJ were all U-19 players who Miller coached. Those are 3 pretty decent guys. You don't know if it was just the U-19, but pulling 3 big timers in the last three classes, I can't see it as that much of a negative.
Don't believe Miller was on the coaching staff when AG was on the team. He was only on the staff the past two years.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

HiCat wrote:Some off the wall questions, but one answer was interesting..(maybe the glass if half full after all??) 8-)

Jason Jordan, USA TODAY High School Sports 9:43 a.m. EDT April 8, 2016
USA TODAY High School Sports sat down with the top basketball recruit and asked him some pretty off-the-wall questions.

“Uh oh,” Jackson said with a laugh. “OK, let’s do it.”

1. You’re on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and you can only save one of the three head coaches on your list; who’s getting pulled in?

Josh Jackson: (Laughs) Oh man! That’s tough man… You know what, I’m probably gonna have to go ahead and put Sean Miller on the lifeboat. Sean’s my guy and, out of the three coaches, I’ve probably got the best relationship with him. He coached me with U19 USA Basketball and I think just having that experience with him is why. I can’t really say I have as close a relationship with the other two coaches, but I’m pretty sure they’re great people. For me, having this close relationship with Sean Miller; he would have to be the one to get saved.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /82786104/" target="_blank
Think we touched on this one above. It's been determined that while JJ would prefer that CSM live and other coaches do not, he would still rather play his college ball for the latter. Maybe in the above scenario, their being dead means looser reins on the offensive end next year?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Sean’s my guy and, out of the three coaches, I’ve probably got the best relationship with him.

So the glass is still half empty? hmmm :?:
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

HiCat wrote:Sean’s my guy and, out of the three coaches, I’ve probably got the best relationship with him.

So the glass is still half empty? hmmm :?:
Sure. He can have the best relationship. The handlers can want it. But if mom wants Kansas (which appears to be the implication), then it all comes down to exactly how hard mom wants to push.

If she really believes that's what's best for her son then she pushes hard and that's probably where things go.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

27 degrees in East Lansing right now.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

How can Miller and Izzo think they're still in it when 1) Jackson has supposed already decided, and 2) Jackson's peers think he decided on Kansas? When Rabb was Cal-bound but hadn't announced, Miller knew Arizona wasn't in it. Now matter how you slice it, Kansas or not, Jackson is misleading two out of three coaches.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:How can Miller and Izzo think they're still in it when 1) Jackson has supposed already decided, and 2) Jackson's peers think he decided on Kansas? When Rabb was Cal-bound but hadn't announced, Miller knew Arizona wasn't in it. Now matter how you slice it, Kansas or not, Jackson is misleading two out of three coaches.
How do you know he hasn't already told the coaching staffs his decision?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Longhorned wrote:How can Miller and Izzo think they're still in it when 1) Jackson has supposed already decided, and 2) Jackson's peers think he decided on Kansas? When Rabb was Cal-bound but hadn't announced, Miller knew Arizona wasn't in it. Now matter how you slice it, Kansas or not, Jackson is misleading two out of three coaches.
How do you know he hasn't already told the coaching staffs his decision?
I don't know Izzo's pattern, but Miller's staff doesn't make a point of indicating they're in a recruitment when they aren't. It's a reasonable guess that Izzo has reason to believe he's still in this one. I'd imagine that Self at least feels that he's in it, and wouldn't be surprised if he's either pretty certain Jackson will commit to Kansas, or possibly has even been told such.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:You can't spell Josh Jackson without A-r-i-z-o-n-a.
We love you, Jorsh Jackzion
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:In my opinion, the recruit's comments consistently from the beginning have added up to Arizona. If he doesn't go to Arizona, I think it means that the recruit's comments don't reflect where he's going, which wouldn't be surprising.
Even after he commits we're not going to know why. He may say why, but it may not be the reason(s). Watched the "Elway to Marino" thing on ESPN. Jim Kelly was never going to go to Buffalo straight out of college. But after being picked he said all the "right" things. He said, "Yeah, I was lying. You have to say those things."

That's why following every quote and trying to determine their significance is ultimately fruitless. But as long as people do, there will be sites cashing in.
gumby

Post by gumby »

az91 wrote:

Hard to say on recruiting since he's landed great classes either way. I think he's gotten more flexible in his approach to coaching. Been exposed to different things.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
Longhorned wrote:In my opinion, the recruit's comments consistently from the beginning have added up to Arizona. If he doesn't go to Arizona, I think it means that the recruit's comments don't reflect where he's going, which wouldn't be surprising.
Even after he commits we're not going to know why. He may say why, but it may not be the reason(s). Watched the "Elway to Marino" thing on ESPN. Jim Kelly was never going to go to Buffalo straight out of college. But after being picked he said all the "right" things. He said, "Yeah, I was lying. You have to say those things."

That's why following every quote and trying to determine their significance is ultimately fruitless. But as long as people do, there will be sites cashing in.
Yep. And there are posters on the premium board who are looking forward to learning the backstory of this recruitment. Unlikely ever to happen.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Josh Jackson shot a wide open three off the backboard, scrub.
Last edited by NYCat on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Borzello retweeted the above so I'm assuming it's legit
Last edited by NYCat on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm guessing Arizona.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Longhorned wrote:I'm guessing Arizona.
Then he pulls out a Simon Fraser hat. "I've always wanted to be a world champion piper"
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I'm going to be stalking an 18 years olds Twitter on Monday... Ugh
So how is America’s Most Wanted recruit planning to let the world know which school – Arizona, Michigan State or Kansas – he’s heading to next year?

“Probably on Twitter,” Jackson said after scoring seven points to help the USA Junior National Select Team smack the World Select Team 101-67 Saturday in the Nike Hoop Summit at the Moda Center.

That’s right Tweeps, get ready to keep refreshing your timelines Monday; and, no, there’s no set time for said announcement.

“I just know it’ll be Monday,” Jackson said with a laugh.

The plan, according to Jackson, is to gather with family and close friends at his home in Michigan and inform them of his decision, which he said has already been made.

“I know where I’m going,” Jackson said. “I’m not doing TV or any streaming or anything like that. I’ll just tweet it, but it will definitely be Monday.”
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What a mature kid, not playing games like other recruits.
mofo

Post by mofo »

A whole lot of effort for 1 year going into this. Sucks if any of these coaches don't know what JJ is doing at this point & are getting played by him - I hope he respects these guys enough for that at least. I'm glad I don't have to put up with this shit in my job, but I sure as shit don't make what CSM makes either!
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:I'm guessing Arizona.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Yeah, looks like Arizona 8-)
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Who has the better supporting cast next year for JJ, AZ or KU?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Who has the better supporting cast next year for JJ, AZ or KU?
Kansas has Mitch Lightfoot so by default their lineup is far better.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Beachcat97 wrote:Who has the better supporting cast next year for JJ, AZ or KU?
Kansas's is good enough and that's all that matters.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona's cast won't be too shabby either.

The difference is up to JJ to decide eh 8-)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

HiCat wrote:Arizona's cast won't be too shabby either.

Another difference is that Arizona's class is great regardless. So is MSU's, if you believe (as I do) that Cassius Winston is underrated. Kansas has to get Jackson. If they do, they go from mediocre to having that best-player-on-the-floor asset that's invaluable for a deep tourney run.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Longhorned wrote:
HiCat wrote:Arizona's cast won't be too shabby either.

Another difference is that Arizona's class is great regardless. So is MSU's, if you believe (as I do) that Cassius Winston is underrated. Kansas has to get Jackson. If they do, they go from mediocre to having that best-player-on-the-floor asset that's invaluable for a deep tourney run.

Yes. My thoughts also. But JJ did mentioned that he was very impressed with the stadium and fans at K. Others have pointed out Mom's preference for KU as well. So it goes...what could be or won't be I guess.