Oregon

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bangkok Wildcat

Oregon

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Anyone have a better forum than this one for them? http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=128&f=2404. Participation is quite weak.....I find it interesting to check out the opposition's forum before the game but am surprised at how few actually have decent boards.

Thanks in advance, BW.
Merkin

Re: Oregon

Post by Merkin »

Bangkok Wildcat

Merkin wrote:Here is the list of forums: http://www.collegesports-fans.com/colle ... oards.html
Thank you Merkin! Very cool resource. BD.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Lot of rumors of Thom Maker to Oregon
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

wait, is maker a '15 recruit or '16? either way, i'm eager to see the kid play
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

MrBug708 wrote:Lot of rumors of Thom Maker to Oregon
:lol:

Straight cash homie!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I thought it was more rapes that bumped this thread
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

dirtbags wrote:wait, is maker a '15 recruit or '16? either way, i'm eager to see the kid play
He reclassified to 15
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

azgreg wrote:
Wow. I'm not even sure they lose anyone.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Why was he approved, but not various injuries that UofA players sustained in the past?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Oregons going to the final four. Wouldnt be surprised if they won it all either
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If that happens, what did Altman do that Miller didn't?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

CalStateTempe wrote:If that happens, what did Altman do that Miller didn't?
Have a top-flight team when the field was somewhat weak. We need to keep loading up and loading up and eventually we'll break thru. It's what Kansas does (except the choke way more than we do). Was just really bad luck having the bad ass teams we did when the field was relatively strong at the top the last couple years. The AZ team from last year easily makes final four this year.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

^ exactly. We are undefeated and cruising through this field with our 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 teams. Only loss I could forsee was MAYBE Michigan State knowing we would have sent providence home
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Duke is the lesser of two evils here, r-right?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm probably different than most on here but I always pull for west coast teams. Fuck Duke!
FightWildcatsFight

84Cat wrote:I'm probably different than most on here but I always pull for west coast teams. Fuck Duke!
I only agree with this sentiment when we are winning as well. Otherwise, misery loves company.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Look at it this way - no matter what side you pick, the consolation prize is still really nice
cats101

Post by cats101 »

CalStateTempe wrote:If that happens, what did Altman do that Miller didn't?
Adjust to his personnel
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Go Duke!
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

I assume this is Oregons once-a-decade team that is better than us? I only wish Duke beat them down sooner than the Sooners.

Conference unity is the shallowest of all shill propaganda. And all the articles worried about the shame and overall record of the Pac-12.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Altman is a good coach. I would expect them to be pretty good with him as the coach.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Not a sin to not hate everyone in your conference/division. Lifes a lot more enjoyable when things arent all NFC east :lol:
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

84Cat wrote:Altman is a good coach. I would expect them to be pretty good with him as the coach.
I expect them to be pretty good like they have been the last few years, like the way CU and Cal are usually "'pretty good".
rgdeuce wrote:Not a sin to not hate everyone in your conference/division. Lifes a lot more enjoyable when things arent all NFC east :lol:
As I said before I'd rather Duke win a million championships before any Pac-12 team won another before us. Oregon and UCLA have burned us much more than Duke at this point, and their fans are 1000x more irritating.
Last edited by 1stNGrant Frys on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They only lose Cook and Benjamin. I think they will be really good next year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat49 wrote:They only lose Cook and Benjamin. I think they will be really good next year
I think Dorsey and brooks are going to declare
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Not a sin to not hate everyone in your conference/division. Lifes a lot more enjoyable when things arent all NFC east :lol:
Yeah, it makes me embarassed we had a lot of guys rooting for Duke. Oregon isn't much to us.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

3goggles wrote:
azcat49 wrote:They only lose Cook and Benjamin. I think they will be really good next year
I think Dorsey and brooks are going to declare
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Yeah, it makes me embarassed we had a lot of guys rooting for Duke. Oregon isn't much to us.
To echo 1st and grant, Duke's best days are behind them and they are not a threat to Arizona.

Oregon on the other hand.

I'm don't follow the average midwesterner or southerner mindset who "roots for the conference". What has this conference done for us? Fuck em.

Glad to see Oregon lose. Wish they would've lost to Duke.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bet Dorsey bounces.
1stNGrant Frys wrote:]

As I said before I'd rather Duke win a million championships before any Pac-12 team won another before us. Oregon and UCLA have burned us much more than Duke at this point, and their fans are 1000x more irritating.
Oregon has never beaten us like Duke and their three friends in stripes beat us in 2001. That was for a national title. And thats just one game, got plenty of more just for us. If you are going to say Oregon fans 1000x more annoying than Duke fans, pass me whatever you are smoking. Its ok if some of our fans dont root for Oregon or other conference teams in the tourney. I dont agree with it, but I totally get it. But Oregon at their worst is not even in the same stratosphere as complete, all around c-sucking douchebaggery I hope you rot in hell Duke.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

rgdeuce wrote:Bet Dorsey bounces.

Oregon has never beaten us like Duke and their three friends in stripes beat us in 2001. That was for a national title. And thats just one game, got plenty of more just for us. If you are going to say Oregon fans 1000x more annoying than Duke fans, pass me whatever you are smoking. Its ok if some of our fans dont root for Oregon or other conference teams in the tourney. I dont agree with it, but I totally get it. But Oregon at their worst is not even in the same stratosphere as complete, all around c-sucking douchebaggery I hope you rot in hell Duke.
I guess the few Duke fans I've encountered have been reasonable compared to the Oregon bandwagoners that infest Arizona Stadium during football. And Duke truly is a blue blood, unlike Oregon in football, despite them acting like such.

Well I never blamed Duke for ESPN and Vitale slobbering over them back in the day. Its more the media proclaiming them heroes. Shouldn't we hate the NCAA more than Duke for having their refs be so biased? I remember the story of Coach K picking up Sean Elliot from the airport and letting him crash at his house. sure he's a whiner, but shouldn't all coaches be whiny for their team?

Also, hating Duke seems like such a fabricated UNC/KU/Kentucky ACC fan thing to do. I don't want to step to their trends. To me Duke is toothless scapegoat, who will never be a threat to us again. They will not compete for recruits like Oregon will.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Bet Dorsey bounces.

I guess the few Duke fans I've encountered have been reasonable compared to the Oregon bandwagoners that infest Arizona Stadium during football. And Duke truly is a blue blood, unlike Oregon in football, despite them acting like such.

Well I never blamed Duke for ESPN and Vitale slobbering over them back in the day. Its more the media proclaiming them heroes. Shouldn't we hate the NCAA more than Duke for having their refs be so biased? I remember the story of Coach K picking up Sean Elliot from the airport and letting him crash at his house. sure he's a whiner, but shouldn't all coaches be whiny for their team?

Also, hating Duke seems like such a fabricated UNC/KU/Kentucky ACC fan thing to do. I don't want to step to their trends. To me Duke is toothless scapegoat, who will never be a threat to us again. They will not compete for recruits like Oregon will.
Cosign and would like to add that Duke fans are annoying as all hell, and there are legit reasons to hate K, but Duke and K have earned it.

What has Oregon earned in Basketball? Nothing close for their fans to quack like they're the creme de la creme of the conference. Dana is a great coach and that program is greater threat to Arizona, than Duke will ever be, ever again. Two different generational eras in basketball.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Why the hell are u bring in football into this? Do people hate Duke football? :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Why the hell are u bring in football into this? Do people hate Duke football? :lol:
Does Duke football exist?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Why the hell are u bring in football into this? Do people hate Duke football? :lol:
Does Duke football exist?
Last few years absolutely. Four straight bowls. 33-20 in that time(we're 33-20 as well). Quite possibly the best ever 4 year stretch for Duke
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

FightWildcatsFight

Oregon will be good next year, but how good?

"Heaven help the PAC12," says one writer.

http://www.csnnw.com/ducks/ducks-basket ... s-increase" target="_blank
?.it would be downright criminal if the Ducks are not playing when the last three men's college basketball games of next season commence at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

Add Bigby-Williams and three four-star high school recruits to increase the team's depth from a seven-man rotation to one pushing eight or nine and the Ducks will be stacked.

Oregon coach Dana Altman, the master of college basketball free agency, will for the first time have three ultra athletic big men all capable of striking fear in would-be penetrators and anyone going after a ball that careens off a backboard.

Boucher (6-10), Bell (6-9) and Bigby-Williams could form one of the best front-court rotations on the defensive end in the nation. If Boucher continues to improve as a stretch-five on offense, Bell adds at least a semi-consistent shot from within eight feet and Bigby-Williams finds an offensive groove while adjusting to the Pac-12, Oregon will have the perfect front-court compliment to what will be a nationally recognized dynamic perimeter duo of Brooks and Dorsey.

Heaven help the rest of the Pac-12 if point guard Dylan Ennis is granted a medical hardship after missing his senior season with a foot injury. The transfer from Villanova is an impact player who would be the perfect orchestrator of this talented roster.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I mean Oregon will be good, like top 10-15 preseason good, but not God help the rest of the pac 12 and Arizona should be cowering in fear good

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:I mean Oregon will be good, like top 10-15 preseason good, but not God help the rest of the pac 12 and Arizona should be cowering in fear good
Both Arizona and Oregon should be top ten teams. They have a lot of talent and we do too. I can see why someone would think they had the inside track because we have to count on younguns.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Crappy thing is we don't get to play them at home next year. The game at Oregon could decide the conference.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:Crappy thing is we don't get to play them at home next year. The game at Oregon could decide the conference.
Eh, I think we have bigger fish to fry. If both us and Oregon play to our potential, we may play them in Glendale.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

OR owned us on the perimeter this past season. I don't think we'll have that problem next season. No Pac team has what we do in the backcourt.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:OR owned us on the perimeter this past season. I don't think we'll have that problem next season. No Pac team has what we do in the backcourt.
We had far less flexibility and couldn't handle Brooks at the 4. The only way we could flex to a smaller, quicker lineup was with Tollefsen at the 4, and he had his own discrete set of issues. Anderson and Ristic just weren't ready for what we needed our bigs to be ready to do, and we really were hurt with no Ray Smith, who could have covered Brooks.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bangkok Wildcat

Way to represent the Pac-12 Oregon :-(
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Way to represent the Pac-12 Oregon :-(
+1000
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I know I am supposed to cheer for the PAC in these games, but Dorsey/Benson/Oregon in general make me OK with the result, even though I understand what it does to RPI...
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

when is brooks expected to be back?