Oregon

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Oregon

Post by CalStateTempe »

Dana is starting to take on the dirty feel.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Dana is starting to take on the dirty feel.
Starting? Bigby-Williams isn't his first rodeo with rape allegations. I think he's a great coach, but he's had some ugly off court issues at Oregon and this is just the latest.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Yep.....Dana’s been looking pretty shady for a few years now.....
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
We should tweet this at Bol Bol.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

"Richard, what's happening!?!"
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Cougs choking badly
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Would have expected at least 30 out of Oregon in the first half of a game against a "good D2 team that lost 4 of 5 starters and top 5 scorers" last year.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Would have expected at least 30 out of Oregon in the first half of a game against a "good D2 team that lost 4 of 5 starters and top 5 scorers" last year.
I think we continue to ignore the fact that they were without four players expected to play a big role on this team in that game (Returning leader Pritchard, returning starter White, 5 star MCD's AA Louis King, and top 50 recruit Will Richardson). That is a lot of talent that is expected to be there when the season starts for Oregon.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

So Bol is done at Oregon? Wow, I guess we didn't miss anything with him not coming here.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Crazy about Bol. The Pac seriously cannot catch a break this year. Seriously blow to Oregon's tourney hopes.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Damn that sucks. Was really looking forward to seeing him play here
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Bol Bol not only done for the year, he's entering the NBA draft.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... nter-draft" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

dmjcat wrote:Bol Bol not only done for the year, he's entering the NBA draft.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... nter-draft" target="_blank
It was expected he'd be one and done, no?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

After all the shit that hit our program, how'd you like to be an Oregon fan right now?

Bol Bol's college career is over before it started. Oregon State rolls into Eugene last week and wins the Pac 12 opener. And then the Ducks piss away a huge lead in the final minute and choke off a win for 2 straight home losses to start conference play.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Man, and Dana Altman is such a great in game coach who does so much with so little talent, I would never have expected this. He should be used to coaching and winning with these types of teams with no great players since he never has players get drafted. I feel bad for the duck fans.

Mighty be a little sarcasm in there.
Hate to see bol go down. Was looking forward to seeing him play. Hope he does well.
It was fun to watch ucla turn the ball over 20+ times, it was turnovers=made baskets till 3 min left in regulation.

What's crazy is if We'd gotten all our recruits, bol and reef are out, quinnerly is not as great as we were hoping. Little is averaging almost 10 pts, 5 reb a game so that's good but, we might be right where Oregon is without the fbi mucking it up. Thanks Hoover Jr.
-Norlander.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Wooten staying in the draft. Bol Bol, Louis King, and Wooten now all gone. Pritchard still TBD. Vic Bailey Jr. and Miles Norris transferred. Paul White and Ehab Amin graduated.

Oregon sliding down the depleted roster drain. They currently have six eligible players for next season, if Pritchard returns. There are no more impact rising freshman that they're in on, after losing the Cassius Stanley and Cole Anthony pursuits.

Altman super fucked. Which is fun but also a bummer for the strength of the conference.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Altman super fucked. Which is fun but also a bummer for the strength of the conference.
I'd be willing to bet they still finish in the top half of the league.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Beachcat97 wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
I'd be willing to bet they still finish in the top half of the league.
I'll take the under. They've lost 8/11 players so far from a team that finished 6th in the conference last season, with their rising senior PG a possible 9th departure still. They'll add one impact freshman in CJ Walker, one project freshman in Chandler Lawson, the JuCo POY in guard Chris Duarte, transfer guard Eric Williams is potentially eligible, and they'll return Will Richardson and Francis Okoro.

Best case scenario they'll have four quality guards, two freshman swingmen, and a 6'9" center. That's it.

CJ Walker is going to waste away playing out of position at PF unless Altman can find a big man or two to add to the fold, and there aren't a lot of options remaining.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

I'm not buying this explanation from Dante. He reclassed in August and there's been rumbling about eligibility concerns since then. It seems likely that his academic eligibility is in question rather than "the NCAA missed a deadline."

This is from his coach in July:

“It’s still up in the air,” he told The Athletic’s Kyle Tucker. “Any time with a kid who has English as his second language, he’s had to work his butt off academically. That’s not an easy thing to do. So they’re still trying to push through all of those requirements and make sure they make the best decision for him. It’s as much an academic question as it is athletic, because obviously he has the talent to play right now. They have to make sure the I’s are dotted and the T’s are crossed, so it’s all still up in the air because of that.”
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So it's possible Dante never plays a single game for Oregon. High risk, medium reward.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Oregon is what I thought they'd be thus far: Pritchard and the three transfers have been very good, but back-up ball handing and post depth is a real concern.

My big bet was that CJ Walker would be forced to play up at the four spot, behind transfer Shakur Juiston, and that Walker would play poorly in that role... that has been every bit the case thus far. Walker has played an average of only 11 min/g and has scored a grand total of two points. He has a negative PER to date, which I honestly didn't know was possible. He's leading the conference in one stat though: personal fouls.

Oregon can brag about having the number four recruiting class in the country, but their top four recruits have played a total of 87 minutes across the first two games scoring a grand total of 27 points.

The Ducks are winning their games but the lack of production from their freshman provides them a much lower ceiling than they'd like.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The Ducks are going double and bang the shit out of Zeke.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Ducks are the best Pac team I’ve seen.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Damn what a game. We're going to have our hands full with both teams.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The glass is gonna be a battle.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Both those teams are long and man fo they protect that rim. Both are do well coached as well. Two very difficult opponents. Will be fun to watch
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

So in the BDW collective analysis, does going down by nearly 20 points to 2 consecutive teams, but coming back to force overtime in both games mean that Altman is an amazing in-game coach, or a shitty pre-game coach?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Pritchard took 23 shots to score 17 points. That’s not good.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Both these games (Oregon and the Zags) will be won on the glass. Call me worried.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:So in the BDW collective analysis, does going down by nearly 20 points to 2 consecutive teams, but coming back to force overtime in both games mean that Altman is an amazing in-game coach, or a shitty pre-game coach?
I’d go with the latter. They don’t seem to be ready for prime time right out of the gate.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Wow, that block by Cole Anthony. He used his off hand to climb up higher, but that was still impressive.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

This is surprising:

Oregon for the season so far: 420 FGA/139 3PA
Arizona for the season so far: 414 FGA/139 3PA

~ Wilhoit's Law
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

The philosophy vs Oregon has to be anyone but Pritchard or Mathis. I am looking forward to seeing smith and green defensively against those 2. I don’t think you can risk mannion defensively vs Pritchard. Going to have to hide Mannion on Richardson.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Crazy game. The undeniable thing is that Oregon will come into conference play battle tested.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oregon is very tough minded. We need more of that
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

The scary thing is that UO has played without a true big in the preseason. Once they integrate NFaly Dante into the lineup (6-11 shot blocker) they are going to be even better.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

dmjcat wrote:The scary thing is that UO has played without a true big in the preseason. Once they integrate NFaly Dante into the lineup (6-11 shot blocker) they are going to be even better.
This. I really think with Dante they're a very legit Final Four team. But Altman's been there and knows what it takes. Wish Miller could figure it out.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

No way that both Walker and Dante stay.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97 wrote:No way that both Walker and Dante stay.
If they do though they will be the clear favorite for the conference and a favorite for the Final Four.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Of course they do. Because people want to stay at every school not named Arizona.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Oregon's Hayward Field is turning out pretty nice.

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

That's nicer than many Div I football fields. No bleacher seats!
azgreg wrote:Oregon's Hayward Field is turning out pretty nice.

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... out-of-my/" target="_blank

Crazy. This guy SHREDDED us in SF last season.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

prh

Post by prh »

azgreg wrote:
Hmm. We tried that once
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

prh wrote: