Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat34

Re: Larry Scott

Post by azcat34 »

ANGCatFan wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote: I'm much more interested in football this week than dwelling on past wrongs, but here are some quick answers, so you know where I stand.

Rush was the major problem in the PAC-12 tourney. He resented Miller for sending in video evidence of bad calls all season ( Like Miller was supposed to) and intimated refs and made them quick to call a T on Miller. If one asshole is the problem it is not a conspiracy, it is just one asshole.

Scott fired Rush, but he was late to take care of an obviously arrogant, bullying head of officials and resents Arizona and their fan base for holding him (Scott) responsible.

We got screwed in basketball, but that doesn't mean the PAC 12 or Larry Scott are always looking to screw us. We are meant to learn from the past not dwell in it.

I expect a fair game on Friday, but trust Greg Byrne to be a great advocate if there is another incident.
This is a VERY loose interpretation of what happened.

Scott backed Ed Rush greatly after the incident:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... ean-miller

I do not find anything that rises to a fireable offense or a breach of ethics or a breach of the integrity of officiating or the program," Scott told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday.

"We will decide at the end of the season how we continue with him or not as part of the normal review as part of the coordinators," Scott said. "There was no part of the investigation … that would rise to the level of him being fired, so he hasn't been fired."

He didn't fire Rush until the overwhelming amount of disgust that came from Goodman's report. Scott even said right after the incident it had nothing to do with Sean Miller. Obviously a bold face lie.

You are also over glossing over Rush's significant shady history in the NBA and downright horrible reputation. Yet, Scott hired him.

I am not saying there will be shadiness on Friday, although I am expecting it. But you are losing sight of what really happened in Vegas as it gets further into history.
I guess I'm missing where I was loose or glossing over. I stated at the beginning that this was a quick response not an attempt to rehash the full Rush scandal.

I think you were looking for a disagreement instead of reading what I wrote.

I stated Scott was late in firing Rush. That is an abridged way of saying everything you accused me of leaving out.

I apologize for not saying that Rush was also corrupt instead of just calling him arrogant, bullying and an asshole. I can see how those comments make you think I was supporting Rush.

I am shocked you have time to pick nits when all I can focus on this week is how to beat Oregon and who else would have to lose for Arizona to play in the Rose Bowl.

Bear Down and beat the Ducks! Why not Arizona!
You were loose in saying Rush was the problem in the Pac-12 tournament. Scott hired him and didn't fire him for awhile likely to lawyer up the resignation so Rush didn't turn into a squeaky wheel afterwards and tell the public how involved Scott was in his "joke" to officials.

Either way, when you are the boss (Scott) and you hire a guy with a shady past history (Rush) and he acts up again, well it's on you.

Again, not trying to nit pick with you. But you seem to have a lot of blame for Rush and not the guy who hired him and runs the entire conference. It is like all those football coaches are egomaniacs, but then when a player is found with 5K in cash the coach magically has no clue of any wrongdoing. Doesn't pass the smell test and neither did this incident.

My google search to pull up the Scott/Rush ESPN story took about 15 seconds. The incident was ridiculously shady and I felt my 1-2 minutes typing that post was worth it.

I agree with you though, I am on board for a win this Friday! Go Cats.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

You are right. I blame Rush for the problems at the PAC 12 tourney. He is the primary culprit and was fired (finally, after too much delay) because of his actions.

I blame Scott for hiring Rush, trying to cover up his corruption, being a prick, dressing too often like a douche, not getting a Direct TV deal, and not being man enough to face the Arizona fan base after his corruption was exposed. I believe that Rush may never have been publicly fired except for the pressure applied by Arizona's very passionate fan base. I would fire Larry Scott tomorrow if I had the power. The only reason I didn't mention this in previous posts was because I didn't think it was directly relevant.

I have never tried to be loose with the facts or try and cover-up the egregious harm done to the Arizona players and fans who were denied a PAC 12 title by the direct actions of Rush. I don't like, trust or respect Larry Scott. I believe almost everyone on this board knows we were screwed by Rush and mistreated by Scott and there was no reason to provide a summary of the entire incident.

I also still don't believe the PAC 12 is conspiring with officials to swing football games. Bad calls on Friday will be a result of mistakes or incompetence ( I do believe the PAC 12 has had consistently bad officiating) and not because of corruption.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I am sure the league has made it abundantly clear to its employees that Oregon winning would be on more benefit than otherwise. And I am sure that is about as far as anything will go. I doubt you see anything overtly favoring Oregon in the officiating tomorrow, but there will probably be numerous small calls or non-calls that favor UO slightly...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Have to give LS a little credit. He was on Jay Mohr yesterday and called the PAC-12 Championship game a playoffs "quarterfinal", saying whoever wins should absolutely be in the CFP playoffs.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

ANGCatFan wrote:You are right. I blame Rush for the problems at the PAC 12 tourney. He is the primary culprit and was fired (finally, after too much delay) because of his actions.

I blame Scott for hiring Rush, trying to cover up his corruption, being a prick, dressing too often like a douche, not getting a Direct TV deal, and not being man enough to face the Arizona fan base after his corruption was exposed. I believe that Rush may never have been publicly fired except for the pressure applied by Arizona's very passionate fan base. I would fire Larry Scott tomorrow if I had the power. The only reason I didn't mention this in previous posts was because I didn't think it was directly relevant.

I have never tried to be loose with the facts or try and cover-up the egregious harm done to the Arizona players and fans who were denied a PAC 12 title by the direct actions of Rush. I don't like, trust or respect Larry Scott. I believe almost everyone on this board knows we were screwed by Rush and mistreated by Scott and there was no reason to provide a summary of the entire incident.

I also still don't believe the PAC 12 is conspiring with officials to swing football games. Bad calls on Friday will be a result of mistakes or incompetence ( I do believe the PAC 12 has had consistently bad officiating) and not because of corruption.
Sounds good, we are definitely on the same page!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fuck Larry Scott.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

UAEebs86 wrote:Have to give LS a little credit. He was on Jay Mohr yesterday and called the PAC-12 Championship game a playoffs "quarterfinal", saying whoever wins should absolutely be in the CFP playoffs.
Of cour$e he would $ay thi$
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Anybody else following these tweets from the conference from this Tech Summit?

It's kind of stomach-turning to read them.....clearly there's a lack of understanding of what it means to be a fan.
Uh, no, I feel a deep connection to my alma mater, not a fucking brand.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Its all brand loyalty to these chumps ^
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

You simply just don't get it. These guys know how to vertically integrate the synergy of the branding to facilitate a results-oriented organization chart that engages the end-user and aligns with the goals of the stakeholders in the process. Duh. Excuse me, I have three more meetings before lunch.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sounds like someone found the Dilbert mission statement generator.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azpenguin wrote:You simply just don't get it. These guys know how to vertically integrate the synergy of the branding to facilitate a results-oriented organization chart that engages the end-user and aligns with the goals of the stakeholders in the process. Duh. Excuse me, I have three more meetings before lunch.
mba speak.

hate it.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

azgreg wrote:Sounds like someone found the Dilbert mission statement generator.
azpenguin wrote:You simply just don't get it. These guys know how to vertically integrate the synergy of the branding to facilitate a results-oriented organization chart that engages the end-user and aligns with the goals of the stakeholders in the process. Duh. Excuse me, I have three more meetings before lunch.
scumdevils86 wrote: mba speak.

hate it.
Yup, Yup, and Yup. Unfortunately this seems to be the type of echo chamber that Larry lives in.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:mba speak.

hate it.
I hear it every day. Half the time I want go into my Method Man voice and say, "Hold up. Any of ya'll mothafuckas speakin' English? Do you want to buy my shit or not??"
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Maybe Larry will stop hating Arizona so much.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Perhaps this belongs in the arch rivals section, but Bob Bowlsby is making Larry look competent by comparison.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

azcat34 wrote:Maybe Larry will stop hating Arizona so much.
What percent of that does Arizona get?

Go Cats!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Catstatic wrote:

Go Cats!!
I'm sure whatever it is, Larry has a scheme to use unprecedented fines to recoup it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I think its $4 million plus $2 million for the team's expenses. So I could be wrong but isnt the $4 million divided by 11 ($363,636 each) and I dont think AZ will use up all of the expense money since its a bus ride up. Possibly net $500,000 after expenses and assuming all the tickets will be sold?

Here is Boise's but I think they get an extra million as part of their contract to break from the Big East to go back to the MW:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/0 ... .html?rh=1
Machina

Post by Machina »

Catstatic wrote:

Go Cats!!
Not sure what the new way is if it changed with the playoff, but before it would go to reimburse the participating school for expenses, and then it would be split 13 ways with the participating school getting 2/13ths while the other schools got 1/13th.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Boise State needs to sell $1.9M in tickets before they get a full payout. I imagine the UA has a similar deal.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/0 ... llion.html

With so many bowl games now, many schools lose money on bowl games and need the distribution from other bowls like the Fiesta to help recoup costs.

I imagine the UA lost money on the NM bowl.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I question the $300 a piece price. If the Fiesta is charging the school that much and both the School and the Fiesta are selling half of them for $150, then thats fuzzy math to start with.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Since it's the PAC splits the money after expenses, maybe those ticket losses go against expenses.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ahh... amateur athletics...
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Forcing the schools to buy 12,500 tickets at $300 apiece is still the biggest scam going.

It is always comical to see what these tickets go for on StubHub, can probably get a decent seat for $50.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Every ticket on StubHub right now is above face value

And it is the Bowls that force the purchase (although not all are at $300 a piece, some are $75, some are $150, some are $255 and some are $300) of tickets to the participating schools.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I wouldn't pay that to see a bowl game that all in all, means squat.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Not in attendance because . . . I don't know. Maybe he's just a fucking asshole.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Because of the high caliber of conference officiating.

Miller starting to make Scott look really bad, especially with three more wins next week.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

He sure made sure to be at ucla a couple years ago though
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Larry Scott is a fucking asshole cunt. Please excuse my language. We just have to win the pac tourney
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I dont' really give a shit if Larry ever attends a game or is there to touch our trophy. He can continue to sit in his ivory tower, stroking his kitty cat. Fuck him.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Me and you ODogg, we can tell Larry to fucking off.

Oh and by the way, he never attends AZ BALL games
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Has he never been to a game at McKale in his nearly six years as commissioner?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I'm sure he has but I doubt he has anytime in the last 2-3 Seasons

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not since the "he touched the ball " comments. Football yes, but he is protected by glass
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Fuck Larry Scott
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I think his excuse is that he had to be in Seattle tomorrow for the women's tournament title game

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:I think his excuse is that he had to be in Seattle tomorrow for the women's tournament title game
There are these things called airplanes.
gumby

Post by gumby »

"Just another tool in the toolbox."
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Rubbed!
Right where I want to be.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

just keepin' it k-real, man.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Larry Scott to hold Facebook Q&A Friday

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/03/12/la ... -308163561\
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh please let Salim'sHeadband or Odogg sign in and ask a question?

When are you going to visit McKale for a game?
Do you plan on handing Sean Miller the trophy on Sat?
Why is your wife so ugly and tall?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Oh please let Salim'sHeadband or Odogg sign in and ask a question?

When are you going to visit McKale for a game?
Do you plan on handing Sean Miller the trophy on Sat?
Why is your wife so ugly and tall?
Do you think that comb-over is fooling anyone?
Do you think that YOU'RE fooling anyone?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azcat34 wrote:Larry Scott to hold Facebook Q&A Friday

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/03/12/la ... -308163561\
Did he touch the ball?

Which is harder to defend with a straight face; Pac 12 refs or Pac 12 postseason awards?

If I come away with only one impression from your supervisor of refereeing putting a bounty on Sean Miller, would you rather it was corruption or incompetence?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Why you charge schools 750000K for the right to have Pac-12 broadcasting?
What is your strategy to compete with the amount of money offered to the Big10 on Fox and the SEC on ESPN?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Anthony Humbert Why do you have a problem with Sean Miller and Arizona? And no, "I don't have a problem" isn't an answer. You have yet to present them with a trophy or even show your face in McKale center.

Larry Scott: I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Coach Miller, who is one of the best coaches in our conference as well as the country. I've had the chance to visit McKale on several occasions, including recently to see the new renovations, which are very impressive. I don't as a matter of course hand out regular season trophies in any sport. I always look forward to handing out the trophy for the Pac-12 Tournament champions and will be here Saturday night in Las Vegas handing the trophy to the winning coach. -LS