Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Larry Scott

Post by scumdevils86 »

those 9 pm games are fucking ridiculous.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is that 10pm or 11pm starts for the Central Time Zone?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

will be 10 for central since AZ will be on mountain or whatever they call it by then.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That's still really fucking late. Really sucks for all the diehards I know in NYC and Boston.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

you'd think that since we're the flagship program of the west coast we'd have some national appeal we'd get some 6 or 7 pm tips instead of 9 pm...
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

pisses me off and I'm no longer in NC
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Makes me frustrated! males for a long night especially driving back to Phoenix
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

It's "Fuck you Larry Scott". Thanks Pops
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:you'd think that since we're the flagship program of the west coast we'd have some national appeal we'd get some 6 or 7 pm tips instead of 9 pm...
They want teams that draw viewers for time slots that don't. So we get fucked for having passionate fans.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

How does this dude still have a job? People have been asking that for several years now and he continues to pile on the stupid with each new year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

"I hope you choke on a dick you smug piece of shit..."
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

loool so good
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Body language sure speaks...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Why does he still have a job?

Sold the pac12 ADs a trumptastic bill of goods.

Time to go. 7-10 years is the preferred timeframe for people in leadership positions.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I hate Larry Scott but I do think we must realize he did help U of A it with the basketball schedule this year. As for late games they suck but you only have so many slots.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
prh

Post by prh »

PHXCATS wrote:I hate Larry Scott but I do think we must realize he did help U of A it with the basketball schedule this year. As for late games they suck but you only have so many slots.
How did he help us with the basketball schedule this year?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh thank the good lord, let me kiss the ring...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

prh wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:I hate Larry Scott but I do think we must realize he did help U of A it with the basketball schedule this year. As for late games they suck but you only have so many slots.
Gave Miller what he wanted, no long trips. Only team in conference to not have a long road trip while a good number have at least two. Long trips meaning more than one full off day in between games. Like Wednesday through Saturday or Thursday through Sunday.

Now Scott does suck but he did help out here and with scheduling I think his hands are tied for the most part due to being on the west coast and deals with ESPN and fox. Although he did not help out when asked to in football in 2015 which sucks and is another reason he needs to go.
prh

Post by prh »

PHXCATS wrote:
prh wrote:
Gave Miller what he wanted, no long trips. Only team in conference to not have a long road trip while a good number have at least two. Long trips meaning more than one full off day in between games. Like Wednesday through Saturday or Thursday through Sunday.

Now Scott does suck but he did help out here and with scheduling I think his hands are tied for the most part due to being on the west coast and deals with ESPN and fox. Although he did not help out when asked to in football in 2015 which sucks and is another reason he needs to go.
Do you really think that Scott had any influence in us not having any long road trips this year? Cause there's zero chance of that. Scheduling is controlled by plenty of factors, and he is definitely not going to do Miller any favors.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

prh wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
prh wrote:

Do you really think that Scott had any influence in us not having any long road trips this year? Cause there's zero chance of that. Scheduling is controlled by plenty of factors, and he is definitely not going to do Miller any favors.
Agreed. Weird thing to give Scott props for.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

prh wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
prh wrote:

I do a bit. ESPN and CBS and Fox are factors but no PAC 12 Sunday or Wednesday games, he does have a role in it.

Scott sucks and needs to yesterday but he is not the exact opposite of perfect.

Ask GB now that he can talk more freely. Scott does have a say. Networks more so but Scott does have a say and is why GB and RR were so upset with him in 2015.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

The Epic Damn Failure That Is the Pac-12 Network Continues To Drag Down the Pac-12 Conference and the Man Responsible for that Epic Damn Failure = Pac-12 Commish Larry Scott…Needs To Be Fired…TODAY! – #5 Hot Seat Head Coach on the Coaches Hot Seat Rankings = Darrell Hazell, Purdue Boilermakers

Before we get to the #5 College Football Head Coach on the current Coaches Hot Seat Rankings…

Darrell Hazell, Purdue

…we must first address a simmering issue here in Pac-12 Country which is…

The Epic Damn Failure that is the Pac-12 Network!

Consider this headline and story in the Seattle Times from the middle of March:

Washington State athletic department closes 2015 with $13 million budget deficit, Seattle Times

“Despite increasing ticket sales by almost $1 million and decreasing operating expenses by about three quarters of a million dollars, the Washington State athletic department closed its 2015 fiscal year with a deficit of more than $13 million.

This marks the second year in a row that the Cougars have incurred a $13 million deficit, but it actually fell from $13,714,442 in 2014 to $13,274,324 in 2015 – a difference of $440,118.

Athletic director Bill Moos addressed the deficit in a letter sent to WSU athletics donors Tuesday in which he highlighted that Cougars have the Pac-12’s second-lowest expense budget and spend about $12 million less than the conference average.

“Our revenues have increased significantly since 2010, and I believe WSU Athletics is positioned well to continue our upward trajectory in terms of revenue generation,” Moos wrote in the letter.

WSU took in $43,112,605 in operating revenue in 2015 – $314,212 less than the year before. This stems in part from a $400,901 decrease in contributions.

The Cougars also took in significantly less in Pac-12 Networks distribution revenue — $1.4 million – than they had hoped. WSU originally had projected the Pac-12 Networks’ distribution revenue at around $5 million or $6 million per school.

“We were being optimistic trying to compare it to the Big Ten Network, even though their footprint is significantly larger, because we own 100 percent of ours and they own 49 percent of their network,” Moos said in a conference call with reporters Tuesday. “They grew very fast, to almost $10 million per school. We were looking conservatively, by now, being at about $5 or $6 million. We thought that was fairly realistic.”

Still, things haven’t gone as well for the Pac-12 Networks as hoped, and the fact that the conference has yet to reach a deal with DirecTV remains a sticking point, and the subject of ongoing negotiations.”

Yep…the Pac-12 Network has left many Pac-12 schools which were anticipating and some would say were PROMISED that by now they would be receiving Millions of Dollars MORE in revenue now find themselves making a Helluva lot less than Big Ten and SEC schools primarily because….

The Epic Damn Failure that is the Pac-12 Network!

Samuel Chi writing at The Post Game summed up the Total Disaster that is the Pac-12 Network in a recent story with the headline…

Pac-12 Network Is Epic Failure, The Post Game

…and Chi goes on to write in the story…

“Pac-12 fans from the Pacific Northwest to the Rocky Mountains are hopping mad. March Madness is heating up but you wouldn’t know it if you live in Pac-12 country.

Among the power conferences (and we’re counting the Power 5 in football plus the Big East and American Athletic), the Pac-12’s tournament games will be the least visible — no matter where you live. Of the 11 conference games, eight are carried on the Pac-12 Network, including one of the semifinals, and the rest are on FS1.

By now you probably already know that compared to the Big Ten Network (BTN) and SEC Network, the Pac-12’s distribution both nationally and within the conference’s own footprint is abysmal. Whereas the BTN and SECN reach around 70 million households each around the country, the Pac-12 Network is only in 12 million homes.

If you don’t live in the six states where Pac-12 schools are located, there is little chance that you’ll see much of the conference tournament, which begins Wednesday. That probably includes the NCAA selection committee, which will be holed up in an Indianapolis hotel room this weekend.

But this gets better … er, worse. Even if you’re a Pac-12 fan with access to the Pac-12 Network, you’re still not going to get all the Pac-12 tournament games this week. Now in its fourth season of existence, the network has heavily regionalized its content. That means if you live in the Pacific Northwest, you will end up with some taped rerun of Washington-Washington State or Oregon-Oregon State instead of live USC-UCLA on Wednesday.

Yep, that’s right. Despite the fact that the Pac-12 has both national and regional feeds, most local carriers only provide access to the regional feed. That means in almost all cases, the fans only get to see live games involving teams in their region. If you’re a Stanford fan living in Phoenix, unless the Cardinal are playing Arizona or ASU, you’re out of luck.

This ludicrous programming model helps to explain why that while the BTN and SECN are bringing in close to $10 million annually for each conference school in the Big Ten and SEC, the Pac-12 Network is barely clearing $1 million per school (before expenses). The Pac-12 Network certainly isn’t picking up any new subscribers and is losing some of the few that it has.

And the future looks bleaker. The Pac-12 still does not have a distribution agreement with DirecTV, the biggest sports content provider nationally among cable/satellite carriers. DirecTV was bought last summer by AT&T, one of the Pac-12’s main business partners, and yet commissioner Larry Scott has so far failed to cut a deal — and there’s no end in sight.”

Hey Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott who is in Phoenix at this very moment meeting with official from Pac-12 Conference schools….

Got….The Epic Damn Failure that is the Pac-12 Network?

Why the Hell YES you do Son and why YOUR Sorry Ass Should Be Fired….

TODAY!

Memo to Pac-12 Conference Presidents and Athletic Directors Meeting In Phoenix Right Damn Now:

Larry Scott is NOT going to fix the Pac-12 Network because to fix the Pac-12 Network Larry Scott would have to admit his strategy of cutting deals with smaller satellite and cable operators and not DirecTV first was WRONG and torpedoed the Pac-12 Network from the very first Damn day and we must note in this spot that Larry Scott is a Harvard grad and thus Larry Scott is a…

Pompous Arrogant Ass that has NEVER been wrong during his Precious Life on this Earth

…and thus why if YOU Pac-12 Presidents and Athletic Directors want to fix the Pac-12 Network and if YOU give a Damn about the future of the Pac-12 Conference you need to…

Fire Larry Scott’s Ass….TODAY

….and hire someone that actually knows what the Hell he is doing like us here at Coaches Hot Seat that if hired tomorrow to run the Pac-12 Network would…

Find A Strong Cable and/or Network Partner to work with the Pac-12 Network

Get the Damn Pac-12 Network on DirecTV and every Damn other Major Cable and Satellite Operator in America!

Oh…but we actually have a Lick of Common Sense something Larry Scott does not have and NEVER will have since he is too Damn worried about his own Sorry Ivy League Ass and fretting over his public image….in our humble opinion of course!

This is all very Damn simple….the Pac-12 Conference has actually gone….

BACKWARDS

…since Larry Scott was hired as the commissioner of the Pac-12 in 2010 and things will only get worse in the future unless something is done like…TODAY…to get the Pac-12 Conference back-on-track beginning with the…

Firing of Larry Scott!

Frankly,,,there are LOTS of Pac-12 school alums at Coaches Hot Seat and we are just flat-out embarrassed at how far the Pac-12 Conference and Pac-12 Network has fallen behind the Big Ten and SEC Conferences and if the Presidents and Athletic Directors of the Pac-12 schools are willing to accept MEDIOCRITY then they are Sorry Damn Excuses for Leaders and are like Larry Scott a Damn Embarrassment to the great history and tradition of the Pac-12!

Geez…we could go on for awhile discussing this subject and there is a Helluva lot our lawyers will not let us write in this spot but alas it’s time to move on since we have said our peace…AGAIN….about the listing ship that is the Pac-12 Conference and with that we move to…

http://coacheshotseat.com/chsblog/archives/1453" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Every time bill Walton slings larry scotts praises i vomit in my mouth a little.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

P12N has Dana Altman doing an AT&T commercial about distracted driving.

Larry should have him discussing rape and how to get his players off of rape charges.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So we going to have the same problem this year where if Arizona plays Utah in the pac12 tourney I'm going get furd vs cal water polo reruns out here in sac?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:So we going to have the same problem this year where if Arizona plays Utah in the pac12 tourney I'm going get furd vs cal water polo reruns out here in sac?
Probably. Unless we're playing Cal or Stanford then you're probably out of luck on the PAC 12 network.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

That's why Sling is good. You get all of the regional PAC-12 channels. But that's also why the tv situation with this conference is so dumb: that the answer to the problem is Sling.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Sling is a good alternative. I'm still quite happy using Kodi to watch any Pac-12 Network channel I'd need, especially since it's free.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PAC-12 channels are great on the Kodi box. Like watching hi-def satellite.

Have a real hard time with ESPN channels though. They are shut down pretty quickly. End up watching crappy streams on cricfree and casting them to my TV.

Might have to take the free 7 day trial period with Sling just to make sure I can get the UCLA game.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The good news with Larry at the helm is that all your friends in Shanghai are thrilled.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

ASUHATER! wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:So we going to have the same problem this year where if Arizona plays Utah in the pac12 tourney I'm going get furd vs cal water polo reruns out here in sac?
Probably. Unless we're playing Cal or Stanford then you're probably out of luck on the PAC 12 network.
Or just stream it off xrxs.net

That site has all pac 12 channels and they look amazing.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CST do you have a regional the national feed.

That article had a little outdated information but still was great.

In Phoenix with Cox I have both nation and Arizona feeds so I am set for those big time Wednesday games before heading out to Vegas Thursay.

I really hope the new president and AD know what the hell is going on and fire Scott asap
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I have dish and like 10 listened channels 406-1 through 406-10, even though I only get one station when multiple games are playing, so I bet it's just the regional channel.

I was so angry last year to bust ass at work, race home, only to have access to something like rado at call cross country. On replay.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fuck no
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Mid-major conference with a mid-major commissioner.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ugh
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

I think there's a really high chance this will be looked back at as a horrible extension
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

SCCats wrote:I think there's a really high chance this will be looked back at as a horrible extension
Right now it's being looked forward to as a horrible extension.

If anyone has video of Larry banging a barnyard animal that I can use as blackmail, please PM me. Thanks in advance.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Let's try to be optimistic during this great time of the basketball season. What are the good things attributed to LS?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:Let's try to be optimistic during this great time of the basketball season. What are the good things attributed to LS?
That time he had the conference donate all those mattresses to the visually impaired, and he set them out in their front lawns, and they all ran out of their houses just tripping and falling all over everything with excitement.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Larry Scott was never arrested for killing 6 hookers.

Saw several posts on twitter where the PAC 12 channel is not available at LV hotels.

Nice work Larry.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:Larry Scott was never arrested for killing 6 hookers.
That's what I'm talking about. Positive thoughts.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:Let's try to be optimistic during this great time of the basketball season. What are the good things attributed to LS?
I'm going to hold off saying anything else until I find out how he likes his steak.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I miss Machina defending and praising Larry Scott
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote:I miss Machina defending and praising Larry Scott

Salty too
-JB
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Merkin wrote:Larry Scott was never arrested for killing 6 hookers.

Saw several posts on twitter where the PAC 12 channel is not available at LV hotels.

Nice work Larry.
Including the sports book?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The best part of this delusional quote is that this year the conference might only get three teams into the tourney.

Incredible improvement!