Wisconsin and the West

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Wisconsin and the West

Post by UAEebs86 »

CBCat wrote:When is the Wisky v. UNC game today?
They are playing Oregon at 4:45 Tucson time.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I believe the B1G Network is replaying last year's elite 8 game with Wisconsin tonight.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

azgreg wrote:I believe the B1G Network is replaying last year's elite 8 game with Wisconsin tonight.
I watched it earlier today

We still lost
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote:
azgreg wrote:I believe the B1G Network is replaying last year's elite 8 game with Wisconsin tonight.
I watched it earlier today

We still lost
Really? I thought we'd have a shot this time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Here is Frank Kaminsky's thoughts on Arizona in the Elite Eight game last year...
From the second the ball was tipped I could tell that we wanted to win that game more than them. The game was close the whole time, but if you looked at our team vs their team, we looked more inspired and you can tell that we viewed the game in a completely different manner. I know I did.
http://moosebball.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... ite-8.html
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not so sure about that. These Miller Arizona teams aren't exactly blase about winning and it's importance.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

That whole blog is a bulletin board of material. Hey Kaleb...you got handed everything while Frank had to work for it. He wanted it more than you. a he wanted it more than everyone at Arizona because the Arizona players were actually good in high school.

Fuck him...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

oh, and the final call of ball out of bounds to us was wrong, because Frank said so.

Go Heels, Seriously...Fuck this guy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I really really REALLY want for UA to play Wisconsin for a chance to go the Final Four.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:I really really REALLY want for UA to play Wisconsin for a chance to go the Final Four.
I'm with you.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

God I hope if we advance to the E8 and play Wisconsin, we steam roll them.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

EVCat wrote:oh, and the final call of ball out of bounds to us was wrong, because Frank said so.

What did he say about the bullshit charge call on Nick?

Fuck him. Revenge will be sweet.
-JB
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Certainly getting to play UW and beat his ass would be sweet, but at this point, I am all for him feeling sad as quickly as possible.

Either way...either way.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Remember after Kaminsky dunked on Oregon and flexed his muscles going back downcourt?

Yeah, this blog is like that. College basketball's grand struggle of the persecuted White man.

Really disappointed. Thought Kaminsky was better than that. Oh well. Time to blow out Bucky.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Tarc grew up in a log cabin that his mother built. Obviously he didn't have to work hard to get to where he is at today.

Just reading that blog makes me wish we play Wisconsin in the E8, blow them out, uofa fans go crazy, and we get some great shots of kaminsky laying on the court crying. Then follow it up with him crying in the presser afterwards. Kaminsky is an ass. He tries to act like a loveable goofball to mask the fact he is a huge asshole.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:I really really REALLY want for UA to play Wisconsin for a chance to go the Final Four.
I'm with you.
Me too. Wisconsin. REALLY want to resolve this and with national exposure.

Also, want badly to play UK. I'd hate to see those Cats slip before the FF vs our Cats.
Zero

Post by Zero »

My liver really wants us to play UNC. That said, bring it Wisky and Whiskey.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

Ditto. If you're gonna make the Final Four, you may as well beat the best to get there. Exacting revenge would make it that much sweeter. I can imagine we'd "want it more than them" this time though :).

BEAR DOWN!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

WildcatStunner wrote:God I hope if we advance to the E8 and play Wisconsin, we steam roll them.
It's a real possibility. Our D will be there...if we get any semblance of an offensive rhythm versus Wisconsin we could run those fucks off the court IMO. Our team is up to the task this year, and again it all starts with TJ controlling the game. That said, I still hope UNC beats them. The sooner the loss the bigger the fail.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAEebs86 wrote:
EVCat wrote:oh, and the final call of ball out of bounds to us was wrong, because Frank said so.

What did he say about the bullshit charge call on Nick?

Fuck him. Revenge will be sweet.
I was close to posting this on this blog, but didn't want my name associated with this d-bag.

fuck him.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

WildcatStunner wrote:Tarc grew up in a log cabin that his mother built. Obviously he didn't have to work hard to get to where he is at today.

Just reading that blog makes me wish we play Wisconsin in the E8, blow them out, uofa fans go crazy, and we get some great shots of kaminsky laying on the court crying. Then follow it up with him crying in the presser afterwards. Kaminsky is an ass. He tries to act like a loveable goofball to mask the fact he is a huge asshole.
Please save his blog link so UofA nation can troll the shit out of him when we beat his ass.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

As if I needed more reason to hate this dude.

Can't wait for us to rip their hearts out on Saturday (if we beat Xavier of course).
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I can't find it anywhere so I suppose it hasn't been decided yet, but should we advance, should I expect a late tipoff around 6 or 7 on Saturday for the regional final? I got spring training tix in Phoenix and am worried about missing some of the game (1:10 start time for the baseball game). I think I remember last year's game being late and not mid afternoon.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

rgdeuce wrote:I can't find it anywhere so I suppose it hasn't been decided yet, but should we advance, should I expect a late tipoff around 6 or 7 on Saturday for the regional final? I got spring training tix in Phoenix and am worried about missing some of the game (1:10 start time for the baseball game). I think I remember last year's game being late and not mid afternoon.
you would miss part of an elite 8 AZ basketball game for spring training?

practice? we talkin bout practice?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

rgdeuce wrote:I can't find it anywhere so I suppose it hasn't been decided yet, but should we advance, should I expect a late tipoff around 6 or 7 on Saturday for the regional final? I got spring training tix in Phoenix and am worried about missing some of the game (1:10 start time for the baseball game). I think I remember last year's game being late and not mid afternoon.
Saturday's games are on TBS at 3:00 and 5:30 local time.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Az Wiscy tipped at 5:49 local last year
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Wouldn't think twice if it wasn't going to be my son's first game. If we are the 3:00 game I dont know what we are going to do. If we are the 5:30 game we will leave a little early to make sure we make it on time.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

If you have Dish, just sling it and watch it on your phone/tablet. The only downside is that it might use most of your data for the month if you cant connect to wifi.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

rgdeuce wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

Wouldn't think twice if it wasn't going to be my son's first game. If we are the 3:00 game I dont know what we are going to do. If we are the 5:30 game we will leave a little early to make sure we make it on time.
Your son is playing in spring training? Which team? That is sweet-congrats.

Salty once told me I should skip my son's first start as a senior on varsity football to attend the UofA - NAU football game.

#badfan
-JB
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

rgdeuce wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

Wouldn't think twice if it wasn't going to be my son's first game.
Well that's all you need to say about that :) Practice? Hell yeah we're talkin bout practice! ;)

Congrats btw :)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Get one of these of yourself and stick it in the stands:

But I would just watch it on my phone, I have plenty of data, I don't even use 25% of my plan.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL... No no no no no no.

My son isn't playing.. LMAO.. It will be the first game he goes to. He just turned 3
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yeah, wouldn't want to deprive your son the chance to see No. 97 breaking off a wicked curve to retire Cuppa Joe Jackson. Can't go a different day?

Note to young parents: We took our kids to Disneyland, a Wiggles concert (300-mile drive), a "Day Out With Thomas" (only a 250-mile drive), Legoland, Sea World and many other places. They remember none of it.
Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:Yeah, wouldn't want to deprive your son the chance to see No. 97 breaking off a wicked curve to retire Cuppa Joe Jackson. Can't go a different day?

Note to young parents: We took our kids to Disneyland, a Wiggles concert (300-mile drive), a "Day Out With Thomas" (only a 250-mile drive), Legoland, Sea World and many other places. They remember none of it.
Xactly! This why we waited until the kids were high school age to go anywhere like that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Would you rather go sit in the hot sun watching about the slowest game in sports for hours upon hours in a game that doesn't even matter, or go to Chuckie Cheese for lunch?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chuck E. Cheese bribe! That's genius.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chuck E. Cheese is the devils armpit.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Think I might still have the pop-a-shot record at the local one.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yea, I know he is not going to remember it. Still breaks your heart when he has spent the last few weeks walking around with his glove talking about the game. I told my wife we aren't going if the Cats win and are in the early game. Shes good with it. I'm going to check to see if the Cats have any games at Hi Corbett. He won't know the difference.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I've wanted Wisconsin all year, not changing now. Gotta win tonight
gumby

Post by gumby »

MLB/college switch?

#baddad

:D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

rgdeuce wrote:Yea, I know he is not going to remember it. Still breaks your heart when he has spent the last few weeks walking around with his glove talking about the game. I told my wife we aren't going if the Cats win and are in the early game. Shes good with it. I'm going to check to see if the Cats have any games at Hi Corbett. He won't know the difference.
He will remember it for a long time though. My five-year-old talks about shit we did together when he was two, including how the fireworks scared the shit out of him at a high school football game.

DVR has made me a better father and worse sleeper.
WildcatLouis

Post by WildcatLouis »

As a diehard Cat fan, I am of the opinion that no one should ever schedule anything in the month of March. To be safe, I tell my wife that we are not to have sex nine months before March. I don't want to risk having to spend a tourney day in a delivery room and then subsequently having to celebrate a kid's birthday during a March weekend every year. Don't even get me started on people that get married in March. There is a special ring of hell reserved for such people.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

azgreg wrote:
gumby wrote:Yeah, wouldn't want to deprive your son the chance to see No. 97 breaking off a wicked curve to retire Cuppa Joe Jackson. Can't go a different day?

Xactly! This why we waited until the kids were high school age to go anywhere like that.
Huh, same with my parents.

"But Moooom, I'm 17! I'm too old for a Wiggles concert!!!!"

"We've driven 12 hours so you can see them, like you wanted to when you were 5! You'll go and you'll like it!!!"

;)
Last edited by qwertyus on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

You're never too old for a Wiggles concert.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

azgreg wrote:You're never too old for a Wiggles concert.
The Wiggles have a cutoff, and that cutoff is 7.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I was at a wedding during the pac 12 championship game....with no data service
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:Chuck E. Cheese is the devils armpit.

The nice thing about having grown up kids is that I haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese in over 15 years.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Yea, I know he is not going to remember it. Still breaks your heart when he has spent the last few weeks walking around with his glove talking about the game. I told my wife we aren't going if the Cats win and are in the early game. Shes good with it. I'm going to check to see if the Cats have any games at Hi Corbett. He won't know the difference.
He will remember it for a long time though. My five-year-old talks about shit we did together when he was two, including how the fireworks scared the shit out of him at a high school football game.

DVR has made me a better father and worse sleeper.
Lol me too chi.