Merkin

Re: ASU blows

Post by Merkin »

Irish always brings it!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Irish27 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 pm
I thought this was an Irish edit that picture of Hurley looked so awful and out of place.

Then of course he actually kills it a few posts down. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

If Tommy likes him I'm down, but I still wanna see the conversion therapy certificate.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Is there anyone at ASU who ISN'T transferring?!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:14 pm Is there anyone at ASU who ISN'T transferring?!
Bobby, thankfully.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

~ Wilhoit's Law
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

You can tell it's the s-l-o-w season. Not sure why I'm bothering, but for some reason, I wondered about ASU's roster for the coming season, and there's not that much out there. But, from what I was able to piece together, here's a stab at it. After the mass exodus through the transfer portal, Hurley returns a grand total of three players. Almost like starting a new program. But, under the circumstances, it seems like he did okay in the transfer portal himself. It'll remain to be seen how well all the new faces do, but it's kind of the new normal, I guess. Note that, in terms of the various eligibility vs. class standing issues, the class listed reflects remaining eligibility. So, if someone's technically a senior but has two years eligibility, I listed that person as a junior; whatever.

Frankie Collins, PG, 6-1, Jr. Returning Starter (Michigan)
Malachi Davis, G, 6-4, Jr. JC
Jamiya Neal, G/F, 6-6, Jr. Returnee
Alonzo Gaffney, PF, 6-9, RS-Sr. Returnee
Bryant Selebangue, F/C, 6-8, Jr. Tulsa

Brycen Long, SG, 6-2, Jr. Houston Baptist
Braelon Green, SG, 6-3, Fr.
Kamari Lands, F, 6-8, So. Louisville
Zane Meeks, PF, 6-9, Sr. San Francisco
Shawn Phillips, C, 7-0, So. LSU

Akil Watson, PF, 6-8, Fr.

(Adam Miller, SG, 6-3, RS-So.) LSU (NCAA Waiver?)
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Does Hurley sell transfers on the fact he made kids so good that they wanted to transfer to other programs 😂😂😂
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a lot of size outside of the LSU center. UA should be able to post up pretty easily running 2 bigs.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

assu playing in the Barstool Sports Invitational
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Yikes
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Going to lower the conference ranking.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Between this and the football team, is it too late for the Big 12 to rescind their offer?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Portnoy is a douche but this is pretty funny. ASU killing his tournament.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

It is with great sadness that I announce the resignation of ASU's AD Ray Anderson. Ray successfully led the Sun Devils on one of the steepest declines in athletic history. Arizona fans could only watch in wonderment as he hired an old NFL has been, Herm Edwards, to head its football program as the "general Manager". This individual led the stellar Sun Devils to multiple NCAA violations, a self imposed bowl ban and dismal on field results. Ray resignation is truly sad for all Arizona fans.

On a more positive note, the guy that hired him and who hastened the PAC-12 demise is still in charge and will be selecting the new AD after consultation with outstanding basketball coach Bobby Hurley. Expect the Sr. Mr. Hurley to be in charge soon.

All Arizona fans are saddened by Ray's departure but want to thank him for his years (too bad it wasn't decades) service.
Last edited by TheCat on Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Crow is still there, fully expecting him to blow this AD hire
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ShitShovels on pace to score 40 tonight!

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:24 pm ShitShovels on pace to score 40 tonight!
HA! 44!

~ Wilhoit's Law
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

LOL

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Wtf is happening?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

What a dynasty!

~ Wilhoit's Law
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Nuts.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Big 12 ready
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

This ASU game not starting until 10:34 pm Arizona time is very fitting. That's really when all ASU games not involving us should start.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

So ASU is getting their ass kicked, the announcer is perpetuating the lie about how they're a "sleeping giant". Then an ASU and BYU player get tangled up and go to the floor, the BYU player punches the ASU guy in the back, then when the ASU player turns to face him the BYU player punches him in the face.

Stay classy BYU. Can't wait for our conference matchups.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

77-49. Ouch
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The punch was just a distraction. ASU was like: "How dare you out chuck us from 3!!!"

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That’s gotta be an honor code violation.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:07 pm That’s gotta be an honor code violation.
At BYU it probably is.

At asu the action probably qualifies for course credit
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ShitShovels! ShitShovels! Fuck ASSU!
Ponies! Ponies! Smoo! Smoo!

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:35 pm ShitShovels! ShitShovels! Fuck ASSU!
We have rules here dove. This isn't 'Nam.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:26 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:35 pm ShitShovels! ShitShovels! Fuck ASSU!
I have been known to miss the obvious. But I welcome instruction from those I respect, so please give it to me straight. I'm an asshole but I learn fair enough.

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:53 pm
I have been known to miss the obvious. But I welcome instruction from those I respect, so please give it to me straight. I'm an asshole but I learn fair enough.
When something we want is happening (like ASU losing), it is considered bad form to post about it until the final buzzer sounds, lest you jinx it and they come back and win.

We board denizens are superstitious that way.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:30 am
When something we want is happening (like ASU losing), it is considered bad form to post about it until the final buzzer sounds, lest you jinx it and they come back and win.

Gotcha. The 'Nam reference threw me. I've long been superstitious in that very way but I'm trying to learn new ways of spurning it. For example, this year I've decided to speak unguardedly to my brother about the virtues our team when always in the past it has spectacularly backfired. The most I could salvage was to proudly blame him for the jinx. For '23-'24 I'm embracing the suck.

Still, look what the ShitShovels managed to do. Evidently it's still all about me.

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:31 am

Gotcha. The 'Nam reference threw me. I've long been superstitious in that very way but I'm trying to learn new ways of spurning it. For example, this year I've decided to speak unguardedly to my brother about the virtues our team when always in the past it has spectacularly backfired. The most I could salvage was to proudly blame him for the jinx. For '23-'24 I'm embracing the suck.

Still, look what the ShitShovels managed to do. Evidently it's still all about me.

The 'Nam reference is from The Big Lebowski.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:44 am

Watch that show annually and still missed it. Inexcusable!

~ Wilhoit's Law
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:11 am
UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:44 am
dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:53 pm I have been known to miss the obvious. But I welcome instruction from those I respect, so please give it to me straight. I'm an asshole but I learn fair enough.

Watch that show annually and still missed it. Inexcusable!
My favorite line: "... this is a league game." :lol:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

:lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a UC school like UCSD, or a CSU school like SDSU, but a small private Jesuit school.

Jesus hates ASU.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I love it that ASSU is coached by the most annoying Dukie ever* and they’re both going down in flames.

Never have a program and coach deserved each other more.

*(ok, maybe in a three-way tie with JJ Redick & Grayson Allen)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

They've been squeaking out narrow victories, and that shit had to come to an end. I'm to blame for their SMU win, as Eebs kindly pointed out, so those losers are on their own from now on.

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Paging Paola Boivin, please pick up the white courtesy phone...
-JB
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Seeing the video of it is even better. It’s the most ASU way to lose a game. :lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That was awesome!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Yet another thing of beauty from yesterday.

~ Wilhoit's Law